Alpha Omega Check-In (Wed 2/18/09)

Good morning everyone!

"And who of you by being worried can add a single hour to his life?" (Matthew 6:27)

I need to be reminded of this one!!

I will be back with personals and my workout. Have a blessed day!! :)

This is a cute email I got and wanted to share! Enjoy! :)

HANDY LITTLE CHART - GOD HAS A POSITIVE ANSWER:

YOU SAY/ GOD SAYS/ BIBLE VERSES
You say: 'It's impossible' God says: All things are possible (Luke 18:27)

You say: 'I'm too tired' God says: I will give you rest (Matthew 11:28-30)

You say: 'Nobody loves me' God says: I love you (John 3:16 & John 3:34 )

You say: 'I can't go on' God says: My grace is sufficient (II Corinthians 12:9 & Psalm 91:15)

You say: 'I can't figure things out' God says: I will direct your steps (Proverbs 3:5,6)

You say: 'I can't do it' God says: You can do all things (Philippians 4:13)

You say: 'I'm not able' God says: I am able (II Corinthians 9:8)

You say: 'It's not worth it' God says: It will be worth it (Roman 8:28 )

You say: 'I can't forgive myself' God says: I Forgive you (I John 1:9 & Romans 8:1)

You say: 'I can't manage' God says: I will supply all your needs (Philippians 4:19)

You say: 'I'm afraid' God says: I have not given you a spirit of fear (2 Tim 1:7)

You say: 'I'm always worried and frustrated' God says: Cast all your cares on ME (I Peter 5:7)

You say: 'I'm not smart enough' God says: I give you wisdom (I Corinthians 1:30)

You say: 'I feel all alone' God says: I will never leave you or forsake you (Heb 13:5)

Hi Christine, Excellent scripture for today :) I need to be reminded of this often. I also love the Handy Chart. I printed it out and will keep it handy.

I'll be moving on to STS Disc 2 today. I was previewing it yesterday, and thought wow, is my back going to be sore, not to mention my triceps.

Have a great day ladies. I'll check in after my workout this evening.

Iris, I'm glad you liked the "Handy Chart", I did too! It's a nice reminder of some of God's promises! Have fun with STS tonight, let us know how it is!

Today my workout was "Banish Fat/Boost Metabolism" by Jillian Michaels. (My DVD's arrived yesterday, woo hoo!) I like this one, it definitely had my heart pounding, but not all of the circuits were tough (in my opinion). There is a 5 minute warm up, seven "6 minute" cardio circuits, and a 5 minute cool down. It's just Jillian with two women behind her (none do the modified version of any move for you to follow, but Jillian does show you motifications.) The music stays the same throughout. I found her kickboxing circuits to be too easy. I guess it's because I am used to Cathe. The moves were too slow for me, but easily modifyable (is that a word??). I just did the moves faster and that worked for me! Some of her circuits invovled plyometrics and THAT gets my heart rate up big time! Basically, Jillian does 3-4 moves for a minute (give or take) and then repeats them within each cycle. Each cycle moves right into the next, so there's not much downtime. If you need to catch your breath, you have to hit pause! Her personality is not so rough. Although I didn't hear much of what she was saying because I was focused on breathing! :) Here is the breakdown of the circuits:

Circuit ONE (Kickbox):
Squat w/side lunge (to the right)
Alternating jabs in squat position
Squat w/side lunge (to the left)
jab, cross, hook, upper (she did these too slow, so I made them faster!)
Alternating front kicks
NOW REPEAT ENTIRE CIRCUIT

Circuit TWO:
Squat thrusts (she calls them "burpees"?)
Plie jumps
jab, cross, jab cross, hop (leap in the air)
180 jump turns (killer plyo move!!)
single leg hops (side to side)

Circuit THREE:
Butt kicks (jogging in place)
high knee runs
jumping jacks
standing oblique crunches (bring elbow to hip while lifting leg up)

Circuit FOUR (on the floor):
Mountain climbers
supermans (lay on stomach and lift arms & legs)
pike crunches
oblique twists
walking push-ups
REPEAT ENTIRE CIRCUIT

Circuit FIVE (kickbox):
Swing kicks
Upper cuts
Alternating back kicks
jab/cross combo
knee smashers
REPEAT ENTIRE CIRCUIT

Circuit SIX:
jump squats
cross country skaters (like being on an elliptical)
scissor kicks
ice skaters (side to side)
standing mountain climbers (high knee runs while punching arms up and down)
REPEAT ENTIRE CIRCUIT

Circuit SEVEN:
Moguls (?-this is what Jillian calls them) (oblique twist jumps)
Standing pikes (while standing you basically fold your body in half to work the abs -fingertips meet the toes)
Side knee smashers
Jump roap
REPEAT ENTIRE CIRCUIT

Overall, it was a good sweat fast, but not a consistent one since some of the circuits were easier than others. But I liked it and can't wait to try "No More Trouble Zone!"

Hi Ladies,

Today's workout was STS Disc 2 - Back & Triceps. I expect my back to be pretty sore tomorrow. Triceps might be talking to me too, lol. So far I'm really enjoying STS. I thought it would be unbearable to do a strength training workout for nearly an hour, but the time goes by really fast. Cathe moves soo fast in these workouts, I have to pause the DVD at times, to gather my weights, or get a mini-preview of what's ahead. I did Power 90, and STS is a lot more fun.

Christine, thank you for the great review you wrote up on Jillian's new workout. I plan to order that one soon. You mentioned you felt some of the kickboxing punches were too slow so you made them faster, I wanted to offer a little suggestion. Sometimes what I do with kickboxing moves that are slower, is pick up a pair of hand-weights. That'll not only up the intensity, but also provide a little toning affect. Just a thought :)

Today was one of those days at work where something happens to just sort of ruin your day, so I am looking forward to relaxing now.

Have a great nght everyone :)

Hello Everyone,
In our college paper of a team assignment, I was talking to a classmate about using Proverbs as a source of reference on attitudes and on emotions for a workplace environment. She is a Believer as well. In our readings it states that emotions and that attitudes can hamper performance and work satisfaction so Proverbs came up for discussion.
Thursday is my Friday this week, praise GOD!!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.