Alpha Omega Check-In (Sun, 3/15)

Good morning to all!

"Am I now trying to win the approval of men, or of God? Or am I trying to please men? If I were still trying to please men, I would not be a servant of Christ." (Galatians 1:10)

Jennifer, how nice you were able to get outside for some fresh air yesterday! I love going for walks when the weather is nice, it makes me feel so refreshed and alive! Were you up late last night with your paper? I've had days like yours at work too, where I let things get under my skin and then behave accordingly. I always felt so bad about the days that I lost the battle with my attitude! But we are not perfect and thank God for His forgiveness! :) It's a struggle sometimes, but at least you were aware of it and put your trust in Him!

Iris, I tend to push myself with workouts too. I used to do it a lot more than I do now because it always seemed like everytime I pushed myself I would end up getting sick or injured. I finally got the idea that God was trying to tell me something! :p It's a mental struggle for me sometimes, especially taking extra rest days! At least you got in an easier workout, how are you feeling today? My husband did get a lot of good rest yesterday, so I was happy about that! He is headed in a better direction, but still coughing and feeling lousy.

It has been quiet here, I prayer everyone is doing well!

Today is my rest day.

Blessings to all who follow!

Last edited:
Hello Christine,

Glad your hubby is feeling a little better. The cough is always the last thing to go. One of the girls at work was sick and coughing all over the place on Friday, so I'm just keeping my fingers crossed I don't get it. It sounded like bronchitis to me.

My back is really killing me. I've been having a tough time sleeping. I think I'm going to have to reconsider the direction I've been going in with STS, and lower the weights when it comes to back work. I'm defeating the purpose of my workouts, If I have to be side-lined with back pain. I think I would have been fine, except I also wore the weighted vest, so that was an increase of 10 lbs. Today is my rest day, so that's a good thing. I'll pobably end up taking an extra rest day this week, since I have a doctor's appt. on Thursday evening.

Hello Jennifer, Karen, Becca, and all. Enjoy the rest of the weekend. I'm going to get some rest, before my daughter's 2 futsal games, which start at 3PM.

Hi Christine and Iris,

Glad to post again with my workout friends. I've been busy with painting and remodeling a bathroom I've been wanting to do for a looong time. Now I have the momentum to keep it going!! I think. :eek:)

Hey Iris I hope your back gets better. I know what a knock the back can take when doing weights. I have a dehydrated disc that flares now and then. A real weak spot on me. One thing I've learned in physical therapy is stretch, stretch, stretch. But do it gently and take Motrin or some kind of anti inflammatory drug. Take it easy.

Christine, you are so faithful with your posts, even when no one seems to be out there. Hope you are having a wonderful Sunday. I appreciate your scripture.

Today I ran 5 miles and did Gym Style Back Shoulders and Biceps. Tonight we are going to the Easter Passion at church. What a production it is !! It's a total God thing.

Love to all,
Karen

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.