Alpha Omega Check-In (Sat, 2/21/09)

Good morning!

"Be joyful in hope, patient in affliction, faithful in prayer..." (Romans 12:12)

Iris & Jennifer, thanks for your concerns and prayers for my kitty, Abigail. She is doing much better today and I'm so happy and thankful for that! I woke up in the middle of the night to find her curled up on me (along with my two other cats & dog!) and she was purring away!! This morning she is back to her usual, loving self! :) :)

Iris, how are your legs feeling today after doing STS legs? I decided that starting next week I am going to follow a "Leg Blast" rotation, substituting one cardio day and one total body workout day with Jillian's new DVD's. I'm going to try and continue with Shred at night too with my hubby when he gets home from work. We'll see how it goes!

I would love to go to an RT but I couldn't personally justify the cost. I'm sure Cathe offers A LOT for that price and it would be so great to meet her, but it's just too much money for us. I was thinking of maybe going to her gym one day during the week to take one of her classes in person. Afterall, I am a "tri-stater" ;)

No workout again today. My day started at 5am cooking for my church's men's breakfast. I am going to start fresh with a new rotation on Monday!

I hope everyone enjoys the weekend! It's a beautiful day out today... so far! I think snow is in the forcast :confused:

Hi everone,

Today was Imax 3 and the upper body of the Pure Strength Series. I had to work today so I was a little tired, but I made it through. Tonight we are going to a dinner with our bible study group and then discussing the Easter Experience, which is our current study. My husband made some white chili and the hosts have made regular chili which will make for a good night of eating. Wonder what the dessert will be?? :)

Hey Christine, the scripture you quoted is currently on our wall. My SIL sells wall scripture and that's the one we picked. We have it on our living room wall. :) Great scripture!!

Hope everyone is well and free from sickness. :eek:) We are currently experiencing sleet/snow with accumulation of about 2 inches.

Take care,
Karen

Christine,
Yahoo!! Your kitten is back to her loving self. Being at home in a safe and loving place is the best remedy for an animal.
Today, my workout routine was shoveling about 4 inches of snow that looked like sugar, Sometimes, if it too warm outside, the snow is real heavy. Although, today was perfect texture and real light to shovel

Have a Great Night!!

Hello Ladies,

I love the scripture for today Christine.

Karen what a beautiful idea your SIL had to make wall scripture. I used to have one in my house when my kids were little that read, "As for Me & My House, We Will Serve the Lord." I love that scripture too. Enjoy your bible study and dinner :)

Jennifer, I hope we don't get any more snow here. We have had more snow this year than I remember in a long time.

On to my workout. Today's workout was Amy Bento's "Rumble" with weighted gloves. I skipped the heavy bag section, and instead did one of my Tae bo Live Basic workouts with the weighted gloves. I just needed a little more cardio to complete my hour. Surprisingly I am not that sore from STS Legs. I am most sore in my glutes, and just a tad in my hamstrings. I am kind of surprised because it did feel like I really worked yesterday. I did watch Cathe's TV segment yesterday, and she made a point about exactly that. That the STS workouts move soo quickly from one exercise to the other, and you may feel like you didn't really work that hard, but a day or two later, you might move a certain way, and feel that muscle and all of a sudden you realize you really did work. I have to agree with that 100%.

I hope everyone's having a great weekend. Hubby and I actually went out to dinner. We don't get much opportunity to do things together because his schedule changes from day to day, week to week. Finally, he has this weekend off, so we went out to dinner, and tomorrow we'll be able to go to church together, then our daughter's soccer games. She has her final two games tomorrow.

Have a great night & rest of the weekend everyone :)

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.