Alpha Omega Check-In (Mon Feb 16th)

Good morning all!

"Therefore, since we have a great high priest who has passed through the heavens, Jesus the Son of God, let us hold fast our confession. For we do not have a high priest who cannot sympathize with our weaknesses, but One who has been tempted in all things as we are, yet without sin. Therefore let us draw near with confidence to the throne of grace, so that we may receive mercy and find grace to help in time of need" (Hebrews 4:14-16)

Iris, how is your husband feeling? Were you able to get together with family? It's so nice to get together when you can, so I hope it worked out for you!

Karen, I couldn't agree with you more about feeling sick to my stomach!! It is the worse feeling in the world and I also would rather break my arm than get sick! I seriously have some kind of irrational phobia of it - help God! :p Awesome job with dinner!! Now THAT is love! :) Your hubby is one lucky man!

Jennifer, I'm sorry you are disappointed with your grade. At least you know it was not just you. God knows how hard you worked, and that is what matters! (Although I know you want the grade to show for it!!) I love "Praise you in this Storm", it's gotten me through many "storms" in life. Keep your head up and your eyes fixed on Him! :)

Hello and blessings to Linda, Becca, Penguin, Lynn, Heather and anyone I missed and all who follow!

Today my workout was Shred Level 2. I have 5 more days of Level 2, then I'm moving on to Level 3....if I can!! :p This one just kills me!! Here is the breakdown of Level 2 (I finally remember!!):

Warm Up

CIRCUIT ONE:
*Strength*
Walking Push-Ups (30 secs)
Deep Squat pose with back rows (1 minute)
repeat walking push-ups (30 secs)
repeat deep squat pose with back rows (1 minute)

*cardio*
High Knees (30 secs)
Squat Thrusts (30 secs)
repeat both 30 secs each

*abs*
1 minute

CIRCUIT TWO:
*Strength*
Deep lunge pose with back rows (palms face in this time) (30 secs)
Pendulum lunge with hammer curls (1 minute)
repeat both for 30 secs & 1 minute

*Cardio*
oblique twist jumps (30 secs)
ice skaters (30 secs)
repeat both 30 secs each

*abs*
1 minute

CIRCUIT THREE:
*Strength*
Balance on one leg, other leg has knee up at 90 degrees - do overhead press while continuously thrusting leg that is in the air forward (Cathe does these is some of her workouts (4DS KB & Kickmax Drills), not sure what they're called) - 30 secs
squat with front raises to "V" position (1 minute)
repeat both

*cardio*
plank jacks (30 secs)
double jump rope (30 secs)
repeat both for 30 secs

*abs*
1 minute

Good Morning Ladies,

Christine, good for you getting your workout in nice and early. I have the day off today, and as it turns out, my day is soo jammed packed, I'll be lucky if I can get my workout in late this evening, after my doctor's appointment at 6:15. I go every 3 months or so to keep an eye on my blood pressure.

I was able to enjoy a nice visit with my family yesterday. As it turns out my son's GF got out of work reasonably early yesterday, so I only had my grandson for about 2 hrs. I was able to see 2 of my aunts I hadn't seen in years, and 5 of my cousins. We had a great time catching up. Now I have to plan a visit with hubby to South Jersey to visit them. My grandmother lives with my aunt in Vineland, NJ, and she is getting really up there in years. She is all there mentally, but physically, she is always achy and my relatives were telling me, I really should make the trip to go see her, so I definitely have to do that. I would feel terrible if something happened and I ddn't get to see her one last time. She doesn't even go to church anymore, and my grandmother used to go to church faithfully. Now she just doesn't have the energy to go out much. My aunt says she is still a prayerful woman. Twice a day my grandma retreats to her room to pray. God bless her heart, she keeps us all covered with her prayers :)

My daughter has been making me a little crazy. She just turned 13 in January, and those teen years can be tough. Of course, it's not her, it's me. To hear her talk, you'd think I was crazy. I can't say the slightest thing to her without her blowing it out of proportion. Then she tells my husband her side of the story and makes me sound insane. Of course when I tell him what really happened, he knows better, but she sounds soo convincing. I'm pulling my hair out with her. Then at the same time, she can be the sweetest kid. She's my only daughter, my 2 boys were not this bad, lol. I need to stay calm with this kid, because she makes me loose it sometimes, and I know that's not good.

Have a great day everyone. I'll ry to check back in later tonight.

Hi guys,

Today was Imax 3 and Gym Style Back, Shoulders and Biceps. I had the day off for Presidents Day so that was nice.

Hey Christine, I've never heard of Shred but it sounds like a killer workout. Glad you are getting the "bang for your buck." And once again, thanks for the great scripture. I love knowing that Jesus can pray on my behalf for words I can't seem to find otherwise. He never leaves one stone unturned does He?

Hi Iris, that is so neat your grandmother prays twice a day. We all need to take heed of that practice as it is sooo important. Seems she's one of the only ones who knows how to do it right with no reservation. God Bless her heart; and I know He does. :)
I have no children, so I have no idea as to what to tell you about your 13 yr old DD. I just know when I was that age, it was extremely difficult for me in a lot of ways. I will pray that God gives you insight on how to handle the situation. And He will. :)

You all have a great evening and God Bless you!!

Karen

Iris, I'm so glad you got to visit with family, sounds like you had a nice time! God bless your grandma, she sounds like a great lady! My grandma is 91 and also still there mentally, but physically she is also starting to slow down. She lives close by it's easier to see her often. She actually played a major part in introducing me to my husband! (long story!) I will keep in prayer that the Lord guides you on how to deal with your daughter. I wish I could give advice from experience!! I was wondering, did your knees ever bother you while doing Shred? I'm finding that they're starting to ache a lot. I think from all the high impact, plus lots of squats and lunges.

Karen, "30 Day Shred" is by Jillian Michaels, one of the trainers on the Biggest Loser. It IS a kick butt workout! It's only 20 minutes but it's non-stop and my heart feels like it's about to explode sometimes by the time it's all over!! Since I consider myself an advanced exerciser, I was surprised that a 20 minute w/o could do this to me! I love this scripture too because I know that no matter what I go through, Jesus has been there and can help me out!

I spent most of the day cleaning my house, it really needed to get done! I still have tons more to do, but I got a lot done and feel really accomplished! My hubby started his new job today, so it kept me busy until he came home.

Hope everyone had a blessed day!

Hello Again,

It was soo nice having the day off today. I really needed it too. Caught the movie "Taken". It was a pretty good action packed movie. My doctor's appt. went well. My blood pressure is still under control, so I'm really glad about that.

Christine, I'm glad you still have your grandmother too :) Aren't they amazing. I need to appreciate mine more. She's the only one I have left.

About Shred, I only did each segment 1x or 2x each. I did find it hard on the knees, especially WO 2 and WO 3. I modified some of the moves too. Lunges tend to make my knees ache. Especially when they are done at a quick pace, which they are in Shred. I'm not sure if you are modifying, but I would suggest, you at least slow the moves down a bit, to lessen the stress on your knees :)

Karen & Christine, thanks for your encouragement and prayers where my daughter's concerned. We barely spoke today. I just didn't want to deal with her attitude.

My workout today was STS Disc 1 - Chest, Shoulders & Biceps. I enjoyed the first workout. Cathe really goes fast in this series, and I found myself pausing the DVD to get my equipment ready. As an after-thought I took a couple of pictures so I can compare at the end of the 3 month rotation. Looking forward to getting to kickboxing class tomorrow, and I hope the class is not packed again.

Have a great night everyone :)

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.