Alpha Omega Check-In (Mon, 5/4- Sun, 5/10)

“If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land." (2 Chronicles 7:14)

Imagine what this world could be like if the entire world humbled themselves before God and submitted to His authority!!?? Someday every knee will bow and tounge confess He is Lord!! :D

Hello Iris and Jennifer!

Iris, I can totally relate to your lack of motivation in doing certain workouts these days. I think I got burned out on Cathe and all her "hardcore" workouts. Don't get me wrong, I still love her workouts and think she's the best around, but I think I did too many advanced workouts day after day, week after week, and just wore myself out. I couldn't imagine doing a step workout right now myself, and I LOVE step aerobics!! Just do what you feel like doing and have fun! Sounds like you did have fun with your TJ Cardio Pary! :) How was the rest of your weekend? It certainly was a wash out. It looks like this whole week will be rain.

Jennifer, how are you feeling? Did you go to work today or decide on one more rest day? Good idea about volunteering where you plan to move! That way you'll meet some people and get experience in the health care field. I hope you are doing better!

Today's workout is Slim in 6 "Ramp it Up". It's the second workout of the program, so I'm excited to get started. It's supposed to be a bit tougher than the first workout and a little bit longer so I will be back to report how it is.

Hellos and blessings to all who follow! :)

Hello Ladies of the Alpha Omega.
Today, I am home resting from my illness. In my mind, I am ready to roll but the rest of me isn't. My Mom recommended Green tea so that is what I have with crackers.
Hope to meet with one of those hospitals soon. Plus, it might lower my balance on my student loans as well. Thinking positive about week 5 grade but still would like to know what it is.
Christine-Your workouts do sound exciting and fun!! With Cathe, prior to STS, I would do my entire collection in order of production then I would get burnt out from it and hit Gin Miller for a few plus others. Iris, maybe you can relate too.

Have a Blessed Day. BBL

Jen

Hi Jen! Glad you are still at home getting some rest. I know how boring it gets laying around doing nothing and it makes you want to get up and do something! I think it's easy to get back into things too quickley, so I'm glad you're still resting! I love green tea!

My workout today was Slim in Six "Ramp it Up", the "intermediate" phase of this program. It was tough!! The pace is faster than the first workout and it's about 20 minutes longer. There is lots of upper body work with a resistance band, plus additional lower body work on the floor (aside from standing leg work), which I love! I am a big fan of "old school" floor work! :p I am already sore! I also had a nice stretch with "Slim & Limber". I really like this stretch, it's 15 minutes and very thorough. I did some housework afterwards and then did one segment of Stretchmax. I knew I would need the additional stretching!

Iris, I hope you had nice day! I look forward to your post! :)

Hello Christine & Jennifer. I can't believe how fast the weekend went. This morning all of the girls in my dept. were complaining about how tired they felt. I was glad I wasn't the only who felt that way.

I hope you're feeling better today Jennifer, and glad you listened to your body and took the day off from work. Your plans for volunteering sound good to me too :)

Christine, your workout sounds pretty intense. The bands always get me. I feel them much more than weights.

I started my 2nd week of Meso 3 today. I'm already starting to think that I will miss this series when I'm done. That doesn't happen often when I'm doing a 3 month rotation, but I really like this series. I was able to follow my workout card and even up the weight on a couple of the excercises, and did pretty well with it. Meso 3's workouts are very long however, because you get about a minute rest in between each excercise, the workouts end up being over an hour long. That is the only downside. Today was fine, but they there are days where I am a little pressed for time.

Maybe after a little rest from the heavy lifting of STS, I will do Chalean Xtreme (CLX). That is another 3 month workout series, so I'll have to make sure I take at least a month off between each series.

I'm feeling a little down today. I booked my son & daughter's vacation to Florida, and after I had done so, my sister called to inform me she may not be in FL when my kids are there. They were looking forward to staying with her, and have her take them out, but if she's down here, they will be stuck staying with my parents and will not get to do a whole lot. Now they are both walking around with sad/annoyed expressions, and I feel like I'm the one getting the shaft. I just yelled at my daughter before over it, and just came and locked myself in my room. I thought of booking at least one week with them, so we could at least do things as a family, but I'm soo aggravated right now that they have to treat me like it's my fault. Sorry for venting, AGAIN, lol.

Have a great night ladies.

As of now, there is a good chance I will not be at work on Tuesday, my voice hasn't come back yet. Plus, I have no energy to do anything. So, early tomorrow morning, I must call in and let my supervisor decide for me. Yes, I do have a flu but not sure if it's the flu although my sister thinks it is and she's in NY.
About school, I received a 76%/C+ for week 5 which bought down my cumlative gpa for the class to 89% from 92%. I know that if I get another grade like that, I would come out at 85% but I am aiming for a A in the class.
Please pray for my final grade, my health, and my volunteer opportunities. Thanks.

“Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.” (Phillipians 4:6-7)

Hi Jennifer! I hope you are at home again today and getting the rest you need. When I was sick it was like the flu, but maybe not the flu, just like you described. I was sick for a long time though, so don't rush back into anything! I will be keeping things in prayer for you!

Hi Iris! How is your day going? I'm sorry about what happened with your childrens' vacation. I don't know much about teenagers (other than being one once, LOL :p), but it sounds like they're just acting out of their disappointment and taking it out on you because they have no one else to take it out on! It's not fair, but I remember being pretty self-focused as a teen. Maybe you can let them know their reaction is hurting your feelings? If you're feeling any better about it today, you should book the week to spend with them. That way you can go out and do things as a family and they will only have one week alone with your parents.

I didn't know you had CLX, have you done it before? I've seen infomercials on that program and it looks pretty good. It kind of reminds me of P90X. I know Cathe has mentioned that you can also do another rotation of STS once you're done and take a mini-break. I bet you didn't get sick of it because there was a different workout everyday so no chance of boredom! I can't believe you're almost done!

Yes, Slim in 6 is pretty intense, but not in an "over the top" kind of way. I am working hard, but not killing myself or feeling totally wiped out afterward, you know what I mean? I am really enjoying it so far! And yes, the bands kill me too!

Today's workout was Slim in 6 "Ramp it Up", followed by a nice stretch with "Slim & Limber". I'm excited because tonight my husband and I start our next Kay Arthur Bible study on 1 Thessalonians. I've missed our little group, so it should be a nice night!

Hellos and blessings to all! :D

Today, I am home and I went to the doctor's office and they gave me a shot that has improved me. My voice is not totally back but I FEEL good. Wednesday, my supervisor may still send me home after I get there. This is one of the worst health experiences ever for me. Plus, I believe I lost my vacation day in the process in one week.
Waiting to hear on Week 6 and fnal grade but my calcs are that I would have to fail 6 in order to fail the class and my team and I had a 100% the last time we worked together so I have peace about it.
Time to get cat food and cologne now.

Hello Christine & Jennifer,

Feeling very tired today. I woke up with a really migraine headache, and had to pop those migraine pills before I could crawl out of bed and go to work. The migraine pills worked, but left me feeling drained.

I did talk to my kids yesterday, and they mellowed out last night. They were more upset at my sister for making plans after she kept asking when they were coming, and making them feel like she was looking forward to their visit. My son was soo aggravated yesterday that he just wanted me to cancel his vacation period. So far, I haven't done anything. My sister sent me a text message this morning telling me not to do anything until we talk, and yet, it's already 8:15PM, and no call yet. She exasperates me soo much.

I managed to get to kickboxing class today. This is my favorite class, because you never know what the instructor has up her sleeve. It felt good to punch like a mad woman, lol. That really is good for stress.

Jen, I'm glad you went to the doctor and got that shot. I'm sure you'll feel better much faster now. I know how you feel about losing your vacation time though. You can go through those days soo quickly when you're as sick as you've been.

I'm just previewing my STS leg workout for tomorrow. This is a Plyo leg workout, and looks like it will be tough but fun to do. We'll see tomorrow, lol.

Have a great night ladies :)

Hello Friends,
My calcs have shown that I only need 7 points out of 17 to get my B in the class but I'm going for the A and that requires a few more points. The shot is working but my supervisor didn't like the way my voice sounded on the phone so I may be here on Wednesday as well.
Keeping the Faith and knowing there is always an adventure around the corner.

Have a Blessed Night.

Jen

"Hear my prayer, O LORD God Almighty; listen to me, O God of Jacob." (Psalm 84:4)

Good morning ladies! Today is the National Day of Prayer!

Iris, how is your head feeling? Migraines are the worst!! :( I used to get them a lot when I was younger. I give you credit for going to work. When I had one, I couldn't even move my head off the pillow! Did your sister call you? I'm glad you got in your KB workout and got some stress relief! Good luck with plyo legs tonight!!

Jennifer, I'm keeping your concerns in prayer. I hope you're feeling even better today!

Today's workout is SI6 "Ramp it Up" and "Slim & Limber". I love that I've been getting in a good thorough stretch every day since I began this program! I may also take the dog for a walk since today seems to be the only day of the week that we will get some relief from the rain.

ETA: I did end up going for a walk with my dog. We went 1.85 miles and I followed that up with a segment of Stretchmax!

Hellos and blessings to all! :)

Last edited:
Today, I got sent home from work. I knew I would because my voice so I am actively working today to get better. Plus, my impending grade is always causing stress as well.
Thanks for your prayers.

Oops, I am a day ahead of myself! Turns out that tomorrow (5/7) is the National Day of Prayer! :eek: Ah well, a little extra prayer is a win-win situation no matter what day it is!

Jennifer, get more rest!! Don't try to get back into your routine too quickley or you will relapse. Don't stress over the grades, just remember it's in His hands! :)

On Thursday, I am going back to work finally. Yogurt has seemed to help but I have a bad headache from the meds I am taking plus sinuses. No new news on my grade yet.
Trying to keep the Faith here. I need 11 points out of 17 to get a B. Realistically, I would prefer 13-14 out of 17.
Thanks for your prayers.

Hello Ladies,

I'm praying for you Jen. Keep the faith :)

Hi Christine. I was emailing you earlier but things got crazy and I never finished my email. My sister managed to work things out where she'll only be gone the first few days of my kids vacation. I'm still not happy about the whole thing. I feel like I'm inconveniencing her. Truth is, it really was wrong of her to make plans after inviting my kids to come down repeatedly. Now I have to feel like she has to rush her trip because of us. I'm still contemplating whether or not to book my week for 7/1 - 7/8. I know I could definitely use a change of scenery and a chance to decompress, but I worry about spending money these days. We also have to get estimated for a new roof on our house, and that is such an expensive project. Anyway, I should be making my decision by this weekend.

The break from the rain was nice, but I guess it's back to rain again tomorrow.

My legs are soo shaky from my Leg workout today. This Plyo workout was tougher than last week's. It was fun, but toward the end of the workout, I found myself counting how many more exercises were left, lol.

I have to share with you that I am dissapointed that the president decided not to declare tomorrow "National Day of Prayer". I heard it this morning on the drive to work, and I must admit, I thought this is not good. That's ok, we will still be praying.

Have a good night ladies.

Hello Ladies.
Thank you for your prayers, I still need them. Going to work today for the first time since last week. My first part of my grade posted 3/3 for participation and so I need at least 8 points out of 14. Need yogurt and need to get ready to roll.
Have a Blessed Day.

“Be joyful always; pray continually; give thanks in all circumstances, for this is God's will for you in Christ Jesus.” (1 Thessalonians 5:16-18)

Iris, I think you should book your trip and have a nice little getaway with your family. It sounds like you are responsible with your $$ and the Lord will provide if you need a new roof. If you think you can pull it off, I say go for it! Wow, I bet your legs are shaky from plyo legs! Anytime I do plyo work I am shot! I have a very love/hate (more hate, ha ha) relationship with plyometrics. You know, I'm not at all surprised by Obama's decision not to publically honor this day. Thank God though that he did sign a proclomation honoring the day and is looking to dismiss the atheists' petition to the court to get rid of this day because it "violates Constitutional rights". That notion is a complete JOKE! :mad: It's like why bother us for wanting to worship our God? We don't bother them for not acknowledging His existence!! All we can do is pray for Obama, Christians and non-believers, and the country. My neighbor is coming over in about an hour so we can pray together.

Jen, how is work today?

I was so excited this morning, I got to finally do some volunteer work at a local animal shelter. I'd like to make it a several times a week thing. I had a lot of fun because I love cats and the manager put me in charge of taking care of them by cleaning the cages and feeding them and stuff. My hubby's dream and mine is to have our own sanctuary one day!

I'm not sure if I'm going to workout today or rest. I'll post later about what I decide. I'm just so tired and sore! I don't know that I can handle this program 6X per week. We'll see....

Hellos and blessings to all who follow! :)

So I got my second wind after lunch and decided to do my workout today - Slim in 6 "Ramp it Up" followed by "Slim & Limber". I'm glad I got it done. I have to be careful with my shoulder though because I've had tendonitis in it before and it's starting to aggravate me a little. My right shoulder is always a weak spot for me, that and my knees! It's okay and I can modify though, but doing the same workout daily is getting to it a bit. I still love the program though!

Hope everyone had a great day!

Hello Christine & Jennifer.

How are you feeling Jen? How was your first day back at work? I'm praying for favorable results on your grade :)

Christine, that's great that you got to do some volunteer work. I remember you telling me about your vision. I'm going to be praying for both you & your husband too. I heard my husband tell my son something the other day, that made me wonder if that was possible. My son was complaining about his job, and my husband told him that he needs to go back to school and get a better education, and find something he loves to do, and then he will love going to work everyday. Ok, my sarcastic side, thought, oh yeah right, like that's even possible! lol. But hearing you talk about working at the animal shelter today made me realize, that yes you can love to go to work (at least nearly every day).

Thanks for your words of advise Christine. I went ahead at work and put my request in for my vacation, even though I've yet to decide if I'm going to FL or not. I still need a vacation. I hope to make my decision by this weekend. There is soo much going on at work, that I feel really stressed, but worrying is going to do me no good.

My legs weren't as sore as I thought they'd be today, so I went to the gym with my daughter and walked 2 miles on the TM and did 15 minutes on the elliptical. I think my scale finally budged a little. Maybe Meso 3 is the ticket for me, lol. I'm sure my legs will be feeling it tomorrow.

Just another prayer request for Leslie. My cousin told me that she's been sick with a fever since Sunday, and they've been having to rush her to the hospital, so far every night as of Wednesday. Please keep her and the family in prayer. Her mom Norma, asked me to keep her in prayer as well because she is feeling really burnt out. I appreciate the prayers :)

Have a good evening ladies. Chat more tomorrow.

"Sing to the LORD, all the earth; proclaim his salvation day after day. Declare his glory among the nations, his marvelous deeds among all peoples. For great is the LORD and most worthy of praise; he is to be feared above all gods." (1 Chronicles 16:23-25)

Hi Iris! I'm glad you put in your vacation request, like you said - no matter what you do or where you decide to go, you need the rest anyway! It's good to have some time off so you don't get burned out.

I think the majority of people you talk to don't love their jobs, but I do believe you can get into a field you enjoy, so it's not just "work". I know if we had a shelter it would be demanding and not all easy going, but at the end of the day I would know I was doing what I love and believe is right by helping homeless animals! Thanks for your prayers! :) Hopefully your son will take your husband's advice and consider what he might like to do!

I'm so sorry to hear about poor little Leslie. It sounds like she's been going through a lot. I'll be keeping her in prayer!

Hi Jennifer! How have you been feeling since going back to work? Did you find out the rest of your grade yet?

Today's workout was Slim in 6 "Ramp it Up", followed by "Slim & Limber". And you guessed it, I also walked my dog, LOL. :p We only went 2 miles, I'd really like to start going farther.

Hope everyone is having a blessed day! Hellos and blessings to all!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.