Alpha Omega Check-In (Mon, 4/6 - Sun, 4/12)

Good morning everyone!

"For God has not destined us for wrath, but for obtaining salvation through our Lord Jesus Christ, who died for us, so that whether we are awake or asleep, we will live together with Him" (1 Thessalonians 5:9)

Iris, I'm glad you had fun at cousin's night! I was also disappointed that my aunts weren't there either because I was also looking forward to seeing them. I kind of already expected that they wouldn't be there, but I was still hoping! :) How was the soccor game? I can definitely email you the study on falsh prophets, it may just take me a day or two, but I will get it to you! How are you feeling today? What is your workout planned?

Jennifer, I pray all is going well with your, your class and your life changes!

I actually did 4DS LIS (cardio only) yesterday, even though Sundays are usually my "off" day. It felt so good to get back into some cardio. Today I have Body Fusion planned, woo hoo!!

Blessings and hellos to all who follow!

Last edited:
Okay, I just did Body Fusion and boy was THAT a challenge! I never thought I'd say that about that workout, lol. When I first got my Basic Step/Body Fusion DVD (free with my step), I was thinking I'd never use it, but I am extrememly humbled once again and glad I have those workouts!

I decided to do FF's "12 week Basic/Intermediate/Advanced" rotation for the next three months. I think this will be perfect for me since I definitely need a few weeks of some basic stuff to get back into my workouts. I think it will be a good progression for me. Plus, my brother-in-law is getting married in 12 weeks and I'd like to lose about 5 lbs by then. This should do the trick if I can just stay motivated!!! It's hard for me to stick to even a 1 month rotation, so we'll see.... :p :eek: :D

Hi Christine,

I have those Cathe Basic step workouts too, and I've also been thinking of doing those again. I just don't feel drawn to the more advanced step workouts lately. Maybe if I start with the easier workouts, I can build up the more advanced ones again.

I Love FF's rotations. I did two of hers right around the holidays and had some great results. I need to lose weight myself. I'm really dissapointed in myself because I've gained a few pounds, and I'm screwing up my STS results. I really need to watch my diet, and that's just soo hard for me to do.

The soccer game was pretty good. The funny thing is, I expected it to be more exciting. I think I get much more excited at my daughter's games, lol. My daughter ended up rooting for the Los Angeles Sol. Little traitor that she is, lol. I was of course rooting for N.J. Skyblue.

I had a late start to my workout today, with having to take my daughter to dance class. I did STS - Ch, Sh & Tric - It's week 2 of Meso 2. That was a tough workout. My triceps could not take all that lifting. I had to lower the weights recommended on my card. We'll see how I feel tomorrow.

Hi Jennifer, Karen and all who follow. Have a great night.

Hello Everyone,
Christine, Thank you for your prayers. Yesterday morning, I woke up and I received my week one grade for QBR. My instructor had given me zero points for two thirds of the problem sets so I had received 60% or a "D". That morning, I tried calling him but I had copied and I had pasted my homework to my individual forum so that he could grade it. My new grade will be published sometime tonight or by Wed AM. He didn't contact me but he did grade me down. I have faith that my new grade will be in the B range or higher.
It's all group study this week so it will be longer and more stressful studying times even on Easter. Good Friday, I won't be able to go to church.

Tomorrow, I have faith that my new grade will be much better.

Have a Great Blessed Day.

“I have been crucified with Christ and I no longer live, but Christ lives in me. The life I live in the body, I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave himself for me.” (Galatians 2:20)

Good morning everyone!

Jennifer, I'm sorry to hear that your first grade was lower than you hoped or expected, but good for you in moving forward and expecting good things next time around! You don't sound like you're down about it, and that's a good thing! Hopefully your instructor will get in touch with you and maybe you can talk about your grade.

Iris, I haven't been into the more advanced workouts myself lately. Sometimes I do too much advanced stuff and burn myself out! I knew Basic Step/Body Fusion would be perfect for me just coming back after about 3 weeks of basically no exercise. I love the "upper/lower body add on's" on that DVD too for something lighter. I'm not that great with my diet either, at least not consistently! I do love veggies, fruit and whole grains, but I also love sugar, ha ha. Once I get a taste of one of my favorite sweets, I say the "sugar monster" gets released, LOL. I have to learn how to eat my sweets in moderation. All that sugar is not good for my hypoglycemia anyway. Who ended up winning the soccor game? How are your arms feeling today? I'm going to have my husband scan that false prophets study into our printer, then from there I will be able to email it to you.

Karen, praying your are feeling well!

Since I'm pretty sore from Body Fusion and did two successful cardio days back to back, I may take today as an off day. I am determined to listen to my body! If I do some light cardio later on, I will post it.

Blessings and hellos to all who follow!

Hello Ladies,

Jennifer, I'll keep you in my prayers for a much better grade :) Love your positive attitude. I need some of that myself.

I don't want to say I had a bad day today, but I did. I'm having really bad anxiety right now, bordering on the anxiety attack level. I worry soo much about things I can and can't control. My supervisor at work, who I've been friends with for over 20 years, brought a mistake I made nearly a year ago to my attention. I work in insurance and a seemingly simple mistake could have it's repercusions. I don't want to get into to many details, but I did have a talk with the account exec. who's account I made the mistake on, and by the time we spoke, she had calmed down and taken care of things. She doesn't expect anything to come of this, but I feel like in this economy, no one's job is safe, and it just added soo much more pressure and anxiety. As it is, I have two more renewals to work on this week and next, and I really need peace & calm, so I can perform my job to the best of my ability, without the fear of making any mistakes. As usual, I would really appreciate your prayers :)

Christine, the Los Angeles Sol team won the soccer game on Sunday, lol. That's the team my daughter was rooting for. I'll look forward to reading the study, but your hubby can scan it when he has time, don't rush him :)

I attempted to workout today, and managed to get through about 35 minutes of Powerstrike M5. It was a bad day for me mentally & physically, so I decided to cut it short at around the 35 minute mark. My emotions were all over the place, and I didn't want to risk pulling something.

I'm off to try and get some rest. I could barely eat today, my stomach is in such knots. I'll check in again tomorrow. Good Night all.

Prayer Request. My instructor never republished my new grade yesterday like he said he would so I am stuck with the 60% unless he corrects it. It even admitted that it was his fault on this. My prayer request is that my instructor keeps his word and corrects my grade. I did send him a friendly reminder to do so.

"O LORD, our Lord, how majestic is your name in all the earth! You have set your glory above the heavens." (Psalm 8:1)

Iris, I'm so sorry you had to deal with what you went through yesterday at work! The legal field was the same way for me in that the smallest mistake could also have some serious reprocussions. But the reality is that everyone makes mistakes sometimes and you can't go back and fix it, but in the ends things worked out! You know that you do the best you can everyday and that is all God asks of us. However, even the most attentive worker makes mistakes. I know it stinks because you were feeling peace and then this hit you out of no where and now you are worrying about your future projects. Don't dwell on what happened a year ago (I know, easier said than done!) but focus on your current work which I'm sure you will do fine with! I don't think you have to worry about job security because it's not like they're bringing a ton of mistakes to you everyday, right? Even then, it's all in God's hands and he WILL provide for you no matter what happens! Live by faith and not by sight, stay focused on Him! I am keeping your peace in my prayers! :)

Jennifer, I'm glad your instructor admitted he made a mistake with your grade and is going to fix it, that's great news!

I plan to do KickMax Low Impact Timesaver today. Basic Step is on my rotation for today but I just don't feel like doing step.

Hellos and blessings to all who follow!

Hello Friends;
No update yet although he thanked me for my patience. I believe he is heading out of town for a few days (per his implication) and will not be around. Time to work on a few math problems tonight.
The good news is that I might make it to Good Friday service this Friday night.

Jennifer, I'll be praying for you. I think it's a good thing that your professor acknowledged your patience, and I think the more time he makes you wait for your grade, the more favorable it will be :)

Hi Christine. You always say the things I need to hear :) God Bless you. I had such a tough time sleeping yesterday. I took 2 Xanas pills, which I never do, but I was soo beside myself. I managed to sleep, but everytime I woke up throughout the night, my heart was pounding. I ended up taking care of some business the Lord had been prompting me to at 2:00 AM. It was really strange, because after that, I did feel my heart quiet down some and I was able to get some sleep. I struggle soo much, and I need to keep certain scriptures in my heart and mind daily. I would appreciate your continued prayers. It's also soo tough to work under fear. I need to give control over to god, because there is always commotion going on in the office I work in. Someone is always getting picked up. It's a shame, but that seems to happen when you work with mostly women. I have off on Friday, and it'll be good for me to get to the Candlelight Service on Friday afternoon :) I just have to put work out of my mind, and not worry while I'm off this weekend.

So, my workout today was STS Legs - already Disc 20. I just realized, I'm in Week 3 of Meso 2. This is going by soo fast. Goodness those tri-sets are tough. I had to skip the 45 degree lunges. My knees were bothering me, and I know better than to ignore my body.

I hear you on not wanting to do a Step workout. Did you get to do KickMax? I have to check out the pre-mixes in Kickmax. How are you feeling this week?

Have a great night ladies. Check in with you again tomorrow :)

Hello Everyone.
Iris-Working under fear is not healthy and not good. My management operates in that same mode and with HIS help, I have beaten it. Also, I am working to make positive changes in my life too though. On MSN.com business, there are questions that you can ask yourself about work environment and yourself to add thought to replace fear.
Your comment about my grade on being patient, I do agree with you because it has not been fixed yet.
Christine-Kickmax timesaver must be good, I do own that one. I miss doing KPC though.

Have a Blessed Day.

“The Son is the radiance of God's glory and the exact representation of his being, sustaining all things by his powerful word. After he had provided purification for sins, he sat down at the right hand of the Majesty in heaven.” (Hebrews 1:3)

I love this scripture because I think (at least for me) it's easy to view God as this mean, judgemental, angry, always disappointed in me God. But Jesus - as loving, compassionate, caring, giving, selfless and forgiving as He was, - is the EXACT representation of God's being! Amen!

Iris, I'm glad my words could help and I hope you are having a better day. It is very difficult to work in an office where everyone is gossiping and picking each other apart. Just continue to keep it in prayer and God will help you! Maybe you can write scriptures you need to be reminded of on little sticky notes or index cards and keep them handy at your desk. For lunch I used to leave the building and go sit in my car and just spend that time in quiet with God. Most of the times I was crying because of the exact things you are experiencing! But He will sustain you and help you be His "salt and light"! :) I'm so glad you have off tomorrow, so TGIF to you!! :D (Also, I didn't forget about the study, I will have my husband scan it for you soon!)

Jennifer, I pray things are well with you too! I liked Kickmax a lot, it was a nice change, but Kick, Punch and Crunch is way better, in my opinion! :p

Yesterday I made it through 3 1/2 kickbox combos from Kickmax. I only planned on doing the 4 combos and that's it, but I just didn't have the strength to finish. I felt like I might need to rest again but since I had a rest day the day before, I figured 40 minutes of cardio wouldn't be too bad, right!? Wrong! I just didn't have it in me. I don't know what is going on, I'm just not into my workouts anymore physically or mentally - AT ALL!! I am going to have to prayerfully consider what is going on and what changes I need to make. So, once again, I am changing my plans and not following any sort of rotations, lol. So, aside from a 2 mile walk with my dog today, I don't have any "Cathe" workouts planned.

Hooray for Resurrection Day (aka- Easter) this Sunday! I am so looking forward to dwelling on our Risen Lord and spending time with family!

Hellos and blessings to all who follow!

Last edited:
Thank you Jennifer & Christine for your words of encouragement and advise :) I truly appreciate it, as well as being able to come here and unload my fears and anxious thoughts with you.

I had another busy day today, but I was given a little reprieve, as one of the renewals they wanted me to work on way earlier than usual can be done on Monday. I was feeling overwhelmed. It seems that everytime I have a day off, they make me pay for it the day before, and it seems unfair. At the same time, I feel blessed to have my job, and feel like it's wrong of me to complain, but I am only human. I'm looking forward to getting that renewal done and over with, and then I'm sure things will go to the other extreme, of really slow work flow.

Jennifer, hang in there. I have a good feeling about your grade correction :) Thanks for your advise. I'm going to look into MSN.com :)

I went to the gym today, and managed to do 10 minutes on the elliptical before kickboxing class. It's hard to get through a class the day after an STS leg workout, my legs fatigue much faster than normal, but I got through the class ok.

Have a great night ladies.

Well, it's Good Friday. At the last minute in class, we found out we had to answer all these extra problems. He is on Holiday and most of the class just lost their's today.
My grade still hasn't been corrected but I am going to keep reminding him in a friendly manner because this prof is super smart but not very together, at least not lately.
Iris-My management operates in the fear mode but I don't buy into it, I figure if they want to fire me, I am cool with it. Or lay me off, plan B looks real good some days.

"For I [Paul] received from the Lord what I also passed on to you: The Lord Jesus, on the night he was betrayed, took bread, and when he had given thanks, he broke it and said, "This is my body, which is for you; do this in remembrance of me." In the same way, after supper he took the cup, saying, "This cup is the new covenant in my blood; do this, whenever you drink it, in remembrance of me." For whenever you eat this bread and drink this cup, you proclaim the Lord's death until he comes." (1 Corinthians 11:23-26)

Iris, did you enjoy your day off? I'm glad you had some relief at work yesterday! Try to just focus on the Lord this weekend and not even think about work until you get there on Monday. How are your legs feeling? Any plans for Easter?

Jennifer, do you have any plans for Easter?

I spent the whole day doing some major cleaning since my hubby and I are having our families over on Sunday for Easter. I am so tired right now, but feel very accomplished! We're going to try and make it to services tonight.

No workouts for me today - just Clean-MAX :p

Have a very happy, blessed weekend to all! :)

Hello Christine and Friends.
The system here did maintanance on my file so I have been all over. Easter plans involve worship and nursery. It appears that the group project due yesterday now tonight is almost done, then on Saturday, we can start all over again.

Hello Ladies,

I missed posting yesterday. I had the day off, but was running all day long.

Hi JT. Glad you found your way back here :) How have you been?

Christine, I hear ya on the cleaning. Anytime I'm expecting company, the cleaning feels like a workout in itself. I always want things to be just right, lol.

I went to church yesterday for the candlelight service. My hubby wasn't scheduled to start work until 2:30PM, and he decided to go with me, which I didn't expect. At night, I went to see a play in our church "The Son". It was great, only problem was we had to leave early so I could pick my son up at work. My daughter was soo upset about having to miss any part of the play, so we went back today and saw the whole thing. It was a great performance, and very moving.

I haven't worked out yet, so I'm heading downstairs in a few. Will probably do a taebo workout today.

"After the Sabbath, at dawn on the first day of the week, Mary Magdalene and the other Mary went to look at the tomb. There was a violent earthquake, for an angel of the Lord came down from heaven and, going to the tomb, rolled back the stone and sat on it. His appearance was like lightning, and his clothes were white as snow. The guards were so afraid of him that they shook and became like dead men.

The angel said to the women, "Do not be afraid, for I know that you are looking for Jesus, who was crucified. He is not here; he has risen, just as he said. Come and see the place where he lay. Then go quickly and tell his disciples: 'He has risen from the dead and is going ahead of you into Galilee. There you will see him.' Now I have told you."

So the women hurried away from the tomb, afraid yet filled with joy, and ran to tell his disciples. Suddenly Jesus met them. "Greetings," he said. They came to him, clasped his feet and worshiped him. Then Jesus said to them, "Do not be afraid. Go and tell my brothers to go to Galilee; there they will see me." (Matthew 28:1-10)

Quick post to say AMEN and Happy Easter Sisters!

Iris, I was hoping you were okay when you didn't post, I figured you were just busy. Enjoy this day!

JT - is this Jennifer? If not, welcome to the group!!

I'll be back tomorrow for personals!

Hellos and blessings to all! :)

Happy Easter Ladies :)

It's a beautiful sunny day, albeit a little windy here, but what a beautiful "Resurrection Sunday". I went to church this morning and was happy to see soo many of my family members there. I even saw little Leslie. She is doing soo well with her intense treatments. I wanted to hug her, but she seemed a little shy. My heart breaks for her going through something like this. But it was really nice to see all of her family come out to church today. I feel like they are all reaching out to the lord for healing, and I know the Lord works in mysterious ways :)

On another note, I found out yesterday that my parents and sister are coming up from Florida tomorrow. My grandma who lives in Vineland, NJ is having shoulder surgery, and she is up there in years, so my parents want to come see her. The visit is unexpected, but I am looking forward to seeing everybody :)

Today is my rest day, and I'm enjoying it. Hubby & my son are working, so it's just my daughter and I at home for now. Enjoy the rest of your day. I'll check in again tomorrow.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.