Alpha Omega Check-In (Mon, 4/27-Sun, 5/3)

"For the Son of Man came to seek and to save what was lost." (Luke 19:10)

Hi Iris! What body parts did you workout yesterday with the first disc of Meso 3? Is this the phase where you focus on heavier weights with lower reps? How is your daughter feeling?

Hi Jennifer! Congrats on your grade!! Enjoy your week off from school, what a nice little break for you!

My husband and I spent most of the weekend outdoors. I have been feeling much better, thank God! On Saturday night we had dinner at the restaurant we went to on our first date. My sister and brother-in-law got us a giftcard there for our anniversary. After that we went to a local bowling alley that was having a fundraising night for animal shelters. So, that was fun too! This morning I already took my dog for a walk. I took her earlier since I know it's going to be in the upper 80's again today and I didn't want us to get too hot! I'm bummed though because I left my pedometer home! Although I know that route pretty well and I'd say it's about 2 miles.

I am starting Slim in 6 today with the first disc "Start it Up". It's seems pretty simple and only about 25 minutes, so I'm looking forward to easing back in!

Hellos and blessings to all who follow! :)

Hello Christine,

I'm glad to hear you are feeling much better. Sounds like you enjoyed a nice walk with your dog too :)

My daughter had some pain, mostly on Saturday, but this morning I asked her how she was feeling, and she said she was feeling better. So, I'm really keeping my fingers crossed that we're on the road to recovery. I've been soo worried about her. I'm also praying her blood work results will be fine. We both got blood work done on Saturday.

Yesterday's workout was Chest & Back. I like the combination of those 2 muscle groups. I think Sh/Bic&Tric. is definitely going to be tough to get through. Yes, this is the Meso where you up your weights, and lower your reps. I did enjoy it, but after a while, it was tough to get the barbell up for the chest work. I don't have a Squat Rack. Although, come to think of it, dmy son does has a weight bench downstairs that would probably serve it's prupose for chest work. I have a simple Danskin bench I use for myself, but maybe I can get use out of my son's bench. I found that I could press the weight amount shown on my card, but after a while, I was having trouble lifting the bar onto my lap to get it up there. I found I needed all of the breaks in between just to get my barbell ready, lol.

Today I plan to do T.J. CP3. It'll probably be a late workout for me, since my daughter has dance class this evening.

Enjoy the rest of your day. Check in again this evening.

Hi Iris!
I'm glad to hear your daughter is feeling better! Lets hope it stays that way! I have to have my blood work done too, I haven't had it done since my physical last year.

My husband has a weight bench that I use when I do the chest work from the Gym Styles. Otherwise I use my stepper with 2 risers, have you tried that? Sounds like your son's bench would be the best bet.

So, I completed Slim in 6 "Start it Up", which is a 25 minute workout, followed by "Slim and Limber", which is a 15 minute stretch. It felt good to get moving again and while the moves are basic, I was huffing and sweating for sure! :p There are tons of lunges and squats, so I can see how this workout can firm up the lower half. There was no weight work in this one, since it's the "beginner" phase of the program, but my arms were burning with all the constant arm movements. She also did push-ups. Overall I like it for a change of pace. Just like Power 90 and P90X there is a countdown clock which tells you how much time you have left for each exercise. I like that!

Have fun with TJ CP3 tonight, I know you said those are fun!! :)

Hello Friends,
Today, I seem to have a cold and was running a temp for awhile. I am pleased with only one week of school before my break, I believe I will be back to earn my degree.
Hope you all have a great night.

Jen

Hello Ladies,

I've been super busy today, and just completed my hour at nearly 9PM. Gotta do what you gotta do, lol.

My daughter wanted me to take her shopping for some shorts, which I did after waiting for her to get done with dance class.

Christine, I do use my stepper as well for some of the weight segments and my danskin bench works great as a flat bench, but in STS Cathe uses the bench with the bar across where you hook your barbell, making it easier to lift up and press. This allows you to more comfortably lift heavy. To be honest, it doesn't look all that safe to me either. I feel like I'll end up pulling a muscle on my shoulder, but I think the trick for me is to not go as heavy as I'd like to.

Jennifer, I hope this week goes by really quick for you, so you can get that nice break. I hope you feel better tomorrow :)

My workout today was T.J. CP3. I had to cut it a little short, but I got a good sweat going.

Have a great night ladies. Chat with you tomorrow :)

Hello Ladies.
How are you? Last night, I went to bed early after reading and now I feel better.
In class, we are dividing up assignments to have less stress for each of us. It will work cause we all need and all want an A.
Have a Blessed Day.

Jen

“I know that my Redeemer lives, and that in the end he will stand upon the earth.” (Job 19:25)

Hello Iris & Jennifer!

Jennifer, I'm glad you are feeling better! How are you enjoying your week off from school?

Iris, how is work going this week? Now I know what kind of bench you are talking about by the way you described it. My husband's bench isn't like that, you just lay down on it but it doesn't have the bar above it to hold your barbell. It's probably best for you to not go so heavy anyway so you don't injure yourself! How is your daughter feeling? I have to go shopping for shorts myself! I've been walking my dog in my sweatpants and it gets so hot!!

Yesterday was Day 2 of Slim in 6 "Start it Up", followed by a stretch with "Slim & Limber". I also took my dog to the park early in the morning. She had a blast and even jumped into the lake to cool off! So far today we went for our 2 mile walk. It felt good to loosen up my legs. Although I'm debating whether or not to skip SI6 today because my legs are SOOO SORE!!! We'll see!

Hellos and blessings to all! :)

Last edited:
Update on my workout today... I didn't do Slim in 6 today because, as mentioned earlier, my legs are just too darn sore! I can barely sit or stand or walk down steps without wincing in pain! But it's good pain!! ;) You're supposed to do this workout 6x per week, but at least for this week I only plan on doing 5. I need to ease back in and listen to my body!

I did do one segment of Stretchmax though and it felt soooooooo good! :p

Hello Ladies,

I'm just previewing my next STS video to mentally pepare myself for Friday's workout, lol. I have a feeling this one is going to be a killer workout.

Christine, it sounds like Slim 6 is tougher than it might look :)

Hello Jennifer. How is school and work going?

Today's workout was Legs - STS Disc 26. I can't believe I only have 10 more discs to go and I'm done with STS. After my leg workout, I felt up to a little extra cardio, so I did T.J.'s 20 minute workout.

I think I'll be taking a rest day tomorrow. I have an eye appt. at 6PM, for a retest on a test I failed on Saturday. I'm hoping it was just due to being on medication for a migraine I was fighting all day. After that, it'll probably be too late to get a workout in.

Have a great night ladies.

"For you created my inmost being; you knit me together in my mother's womb. I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made; your works are wonderful, I know that full well.... your eyes saw my unformed body. All the days ordained for me were written in your book before one of them came to be." (Psalm 139: 13, 14 & 16)

Hello Iris & Jennifer!

When you have the chance, you should read Psalm 139. It's such a beautiful psalm of how God formed us and knew us before we were even conceived! :)

Iris, good luck at your eye doctor's appointment tonight! I wear glasses for reading and work on the computer. I can't believe either that you are almost done with STS! What do you think you will do after this rotation? Slim in 6 IS much harder than it looks, LOL! :eek: It's good though because it doesn't "kill" me, but it works my heart & muscles really well. I am really enjoying it. Thanks again for TJ, I am so looking forward to trying them out!! Did you get a chance to look at the Bible Study? Enjoy your rest tonight!

Jennifer, how are you enjoying your vacation? I pray all is well!

Today was Slim in Six "Start it Up", followed by a good long stretch with "Slim & Limber". I also took my dog to the park and we walked 2.5 miles. My legs are still sore, but not as bad as the beginning of the week. I'm glad I took a rest day yesterday!

Hellos and blessings to all who follow! :)

Hello Ladies.
Today, I am home with the flu. I got sick this morning then I followed up with a few more flu symptoms. Right now, I can keep food down but I am not doing much for school tonight or anything else. My cats, Seville and Madrid, loved it that I was home today. We took a marathon cat nap. Last day of class is Monday but most everyone will be done by Sunday night with postings. My week off from school starts Tuesday and I may know by Friday if/when I can continue due to my academic probation. My current GPA is a 3.35 right now and a 92% in QBR so I am at peace about the next two grades. Sipping coke and trying to eat. Have a workout for me.

Oh no!!! Jennifer, I am so sorry to hear you are sick!! :( I can relate to how you feel as I just got over something very similar. It could have been the flu, but treated as an upper respiratory infection. I am praying for your speedy recovery!! Don't worry about school, it's in God's hands! I know my kitties LOVE it when I lay around all day too, they curl right up with me so content! :) I'm glad you have them to keep you company! Feel better real soon! Know you are in our prayers.

My stomach was feeling uneasy so I went out a bought a $2.-2 liter of Coke to sip on. No immodium yet for me. No energy either. Yes, Seville and Madrid helped me out a lot today just by being here. Tomorrow night, I must put part 1 of a the homework assignment together then start up again on Saturday to turn into the group so maybe3-5 hours. The third paycheck this month is a blessing, a chance to tithe and a chance to knock down my one and only plastic.

Hello Christine & Jennifer,

It feels like forever since I've posted, even though it actually was only one day.

Jennifer, I hope you are feeling better. The flu is the worse. Enjoy the weekend :)

Hi Christine, how are you feeling? Did the soreness go away, and have you been able to continue with your workouts?

Yesterday, I took a rest day. My eye doctor appt. didn't go well. I passed the peripheral vision test I failed on Saturday with flying colors. However, when they dilated my pupils to look inside my eye, the doctor found that I have a thin white line in each eye. The danger of that is that over time if it continues to thin, it can get a whole in it or break off and detach from the retina. She explained to me the signs to look for if that occurs. As she explained it, you only have a window of about 3 days to get it repaired with success. Of course I was pretty upset when I left there. I wouldn't have felt soo bad if it were only one eye affected, but the fact that I have it in both eyes, really upset me. Oh well, on the other hand, my daugher says she is feeling better with the new prescription the doctor put her on. I'll take anything I have to go for, for my kids to just be healthy :)

Today, I did STS Disc 27 - Sh/Bic/Tric. That was a great workout. I am finding my strength has really improved with STS. I'm going to miss STS when I'm done with this rotation.

Ok ladies, have a great weekend, I'll check in with you again tomorrow. Good night :)

“And without faith it is impossible to please God, because anyone who comes to him must believe that he exists and that he rewards those who earnestly seek him.” (Hebrews 11:6)

Hi Iris! Did your eye "condition" have anything to do with floaters by any chance? I get those too (where you see black squigley lines in front of your eyes sometimes). My eye doc told me something similar to yours in that if I ever start seeing flashing lights I should get to the eye doc immediately because that means something has detached from my retina and I need to have it repaired ASAP before it's too late. I'm wondering if it's the same thing you're describing? Try to not worry about it too much, at least you are armed with the knowledge of what to look out for and how to have it fixed if ever need be! :) Glad to hear you're having nice strength gains with STS. I'm sure you will welcome an easier rotation for a while before re-visiting the series!

Hi Jennifer! How are you feeling? I am praying that you're feeling much better! I know your stomach feel yucky but you should really try and stay hydrated. I think the caffeine in coke will actually dehydrate you, so maybe you should switch to gatorade? Just a suggestion! I took some pepto bismal when I was sick a few weeks back and it really settled my stomach!

Yesterday was Slim in 6 "Start it Up" followed by a nice stretch with "Slim & Limber". I also walked with my hubby and dog for 1.6 miles and followed that up with one segment of Stretchmax. My major soreness has gone away, so I'm glad about that! Today is my last day of "Start it Up", then I rest tomorrow and begin "Ramp it Up" on Monday. I'm excited that my first week of Slim in 6 is just about up! I love how sore it gets my legs & abs! :D

Hellos and blessings to all!

Hello Friends.
The soda was recommended by my Dad, the doc, to cure my upset stomach but I have heard of your suggestion but I need to keep food down and COKE has syrup in it. Now, I am on Sudafed and Tylenol extra Strength, I am feeling better but with no voice.
Week 6 homework is done for me so it will be Sunday night before we turn it in together.
Time for bed and some q-time with cats.
Thanks for your prayers, HE is listening.
BTW, I made the 3AM trip to Walgreens for meds this morning because I couldn't sleep.
Looking forward to my week off of school but have peace about continuing.

Jen

Hi Jennifer, it's good to hear from you! That's great that your dad is a doctor, that makes it very convenient when you are sick! I have heard that they syrup in Coke settles the stomach. I'm glad to hear you are feeling better and have your homework out of the way. Now you can relax with your kitties! :)

I did Slim in 6 "Start it Up" this morning, followed by "Slim & Limber".

Iris, I also did Turbo Jam "Learn & Burn", it was SO MUCH FUN!! :) I can tell I am going to love the TJ's! I went through the 11 moves, which were pretty easy, and then I did part of the 20 minute workout. I can definitely feel it in my abs & legs when I'm doing the moves!! (Or maybe that was because I already did Slim in 6? LOL :p) I'll let you know when I try the others too. I really love the music and the energy and "shaking it" ;) Thanks again!! After my 6 weeks of SI6, I am doing TJ for sure!

I miss working out but maybe if I feel better, I can do something this next week like MM or KPC or the new series. Waiting on my week 5 grade.....

Hello Ladies,

Jennifer, glad to hear you are feeling better :) I'm sure you will enjoy your vacation from school next week :)

Christine, glad you're enjoying T.J. I thought you'd find the Learn & Burn helpful. The T.J. moves are easy, but in order for them to be effective they need to be performed right. I find that T.J. really works my abs. If I manage to workout tomorrow, I may do the regular Cardio Party. I remember that one being a good workout. I definitely like the music on these too. I tried the music louder option once, but I didn't like that I could barely hear Chalean. That's ok, the music is plenty loud anyway, lol.

Today was a busy Saturday for me. I can't believe I managed to get in my workout - Powerstrike Mil. 3. I'm finding kickboxing workouts pretty intense lately. I had to pause a few times, and this isn't even one of the faster Powerstrikes. That's ok, I've learned how to ease up on myself. I used to be soo tough on myself, but now I cut myself more slack, lol.

I had soo much going on today. I went for a pedicure this morning. Then I went back to Eyedrx to pick out some reading glasses. After that, I had to drive my brother to the airport. Lucky him, he's in Florida now :) Then I got to spend some time with my daughter. We went to see the movie "Obsessed", and then we went for pizza. It's nice when we can get out together :)

Tomorrow I hope to get some rest. Enjoy the rest of the weekend ladies :)

Good Sunday Morning Ladies,
Yes, I am JOYFUL with my week off from school. Today, I believe our LORD is protecting me by not attending a celebration last night and not attending activities today as well. Staying close to home. One of my teammembers is having problem with a problem which is all due today so I will be helping her out too.
Have a Blessed Day.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.