Alpha Omega Check-In (Fri, 2/20/09)

Good morning!

"Now I know that the LORD saves His anointed;
He will answer him from His holy heaven,
with the saving strength of His right hand.
Some boast in chariots and some in horses,
but we will boast in the name of the LORD, our God"
(Psalm 20: 6-7)

I will be back for personals and to post my workout. I have to run and take one of my kitties to the vet this morning.

Have a blessed day everyone!

Christine,
Today is a GREAT day since I have a vacation day!!!! Group paper for class to work on this weekend so my time is limited. Hope your kitten is well and is healthy. Seville and Madrid (my cats) got me up real early this morning and are with me right now.

Hope your workout went well, I am thinking of working out on Sat. It's been awhile.

Thank GOD, it's Friday!!

No workout for me today! I wanted to do some cardio but after I dropped my kitty off at the vet, I had a million and one things to do. Now it's almost time to pick her up and I still have to get some things from the store for dinner.

Jennifer - Enjoy your vacation day!! Aren't 3 day weekends the best!? :) My kitty is okay, she went in for "dental care" today. I don't normally have my cats' teeth cleaned, but the last time I was at the vet the doctor said he saw a cavity which could be really painful for her and she should have the tooth removed. It turns out, they didn't need to pull her tooth, but they did clean her teeth. I was SO RELIEVED to here she was out of anesthesia and ready to be picked up in a few hours! Hooray! I missed her so much today and felt sorry for her because I knew she was scared.

Iris, how was your kickboxing class last night? I am craving some kickboxing!! I think my next w/o will have to be Kick, Punch & Crunch! Thanks for the other tip too about using dumbells, I never thought of that! Maybe I will just do that to save some $$ on buying gloves.

Karen, how was brownie night!!? It sounds like so much fun, I hope you had a great time with your sister!

Hello and blessings also to Heather, Penguin, Linda, Lynn, Becca and all who may follow! TGI Friday, have a blessed weekend!! :)

Hello Ladies,

I was just about to ask what was wrong with your kitty Christine. I'm glad her ordeal and yours is over. Vet visits can be soo traumatic for pets.

Kickboxing class was great yesterday. Although, once again it was a packed class. This time the owner of the gym, stopped by to observe and take notes. She seemed a bit concerned as she watched us all kicking, while trying to stay away from the people around us. I'm sure she will have to come up with a solution, although I can't imagine what that will be. I thought perhaps a sign-up sheet, but I don't know how that would work in a fair way. I know most people feel like if they're paying for classes, they are going to take advantage of them, even if they walk in late, and can barely find a spot!! Would you believe that is exactly what the lady next to me told me. We were all talking amongst each other about how crowded it was the week before. Being we were the early birds, I thought it was safe to say that the problem is some people come late, and see the class is packed, but come in anyway. I said, I wouldn't do that. And her answer to me was that she pays for classes and even if it's packed, she will squeeze in and take the class. I thought OK, maybe I made this comment to the wrong person, lol. But I really didn't mean it in a bad way. Definitely try the 1 lb DB's. They are soo inexpensive too. I've even seen them at $1. stores and $5. below.

Jennifer, hope you're enjoying your vacation day :)

Karen how was your Brownies meeting yesterday?

Moving onto STS Disc 3 - Legs today. I will attempt the paper plate, but at the slightest discomfort, I will be modifying. Gotta play it safe.

Have a great day everyone.

Two doctor visits down, a cat nap, and some school work done today so I believe I am blessed to have the day off. Mental health days are great!!

Jennifer, mental health days ARE great!! I hope your doc appointments went well!

I just wanted to share (vent maybe?) how sad I am for my kitty! I adopted her from a shelter when she was 1 year and 3 months old. She had been at the shelter since 3 months old and was petrified of me when I first brought her home. She came from tough beginnings and came such a loooooong with with trust and love over the past year! She turned into the most loveable kitty ever! :) Anyway, now that I have her home from the vet, she is scared of us again and won't come out of our bedroom! :( I am upset because I only brought her in because I was told she had a bad cavity, then once she was already under anesthesia (and traumatized!), they discovered she didn't have a cavity afterall. So, all that mental anguish for a needless tooth cleaning! I know it's no one's fault and I'm not angry, just really sad. I'm so sad because of what she went through today and pray she comes back around. THanks for letting me vent! And please keep my kitty in prayer! Her name is Abigail. :)

God bless and have a great night to all!

Well, the dreaded STS leg workout is done, lol. I was a little intimidated of that workout. Turns out I had to modify quite a bit. I work-out in my basement, and the paper plates would just not slide on the concrete floor, but I still feel like I got an effective workout all the same. I followed up legs with ST medicine ball abs segment.

Christine, I feel soo bad for you and Abigail. I will keep her in my prayers. I'm sure she will feel much better tomorrow. She's probably just shaken up by the whole experience. I would be upset too if I were you, but I guess the cleaning will do her good, and now that it's done you won't have to worry about it for a while :)

Jennifer, I am due for a mental rest day myself. I do take an afternoon off here and there, but I need a full day to myself.

Linda, I hope you are doing well. I know you have lot's going on.

Is anyone here planning on going to the 2009 R.T.? I am soo torn about it. I really want to make every attempt to go, but it is an expense, and I just don't know if I should spend that kind of money for a weekend. I'm going to give it some serious thought this weekend and decide by Sunday. All opinions welcome :)

Have a great night everyone.

Christine.
Abigal will come around, just give her sometime. One of my cats, Madrid, is the one to one and hide all the time so I keep encouraging him to come out. He has gotten better.
After my vet visits, my cats normally sit down and get their paws up and duke it out.
Iris.
If I couild go on the RT, I would. The problems for the past couple of years has been timing. I normally fly to NY in late June and now I have school. I believe the money is worth the investment. At the last MI Catheite luncheon, a person was there whom attended the RT and thought it was great. And, take the full day off soon.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.