Alpha Omega Check-In (2/8/09)

Good morning all!

"A new commandment I give you, that you love one another, even as I have loved you, that you also love one another. By this all men will know that you are My disciples, if you have love for one another" (John 13:34-35).

I will be back for personals and my workout, just wanted to get us started!

Blessings!!

I just completed Shred Level 2 and I'm wiped! I was going to add some extra cardio, but hubby and I are taking our dog for another walk today in the park because it's in the 50's, woo hoo! So that will be my extra cardio! I just love the feeling of the outdoors and fresh air!! :)

Linda, I hope your shoulder is still feeling much better!

Iris, don't you just love it when you can do things outdoors!? My husband likes washing our cars too, as opposed to car washes. Actually, if we do go to the car wash, he uses the tunnels where you can do them yourself, instead of driving through. I don't blame you for not wanting to do your 1RM's after lifting! I'm so wiped after my workouts these days, all I want to do is sit on the couch and re-coup, LOL. Good for you for lending an ear and a voice to your co-worker who seems to be seeking! I know it can be scarey, but the Spirit is within you to lead you!

Blessings and hello also to Becca, Heather, Penguin, Karen, Lynn and all who follow!

Good Afternoon Ladies,

I am soo excited to share with you Christine. Guess what the opening scripture was for today before my pastor brought his message. Psalm 46:10 -Be still and know that I am god. God has been speaking to me all week, through you, the scriptures you've shared during the week, and sharing Psalm 46 with me. What a wonderful reminder to me, that god cares for us, and knows our fears and burdens.

There was such a sweet spirit in church today, I did not want to leave. It seemed I couldn't stop crying, but it was more out of an overwhelming sense of how much I need the Lord in my life.

The message the pastor preached on today was from Zacharai 4 - By My Spirit says the Lord. The pastor brought forth a powerful message, that I feel is soo important for the church to hear in these days. A couple of encouraging points he made:

Be Encouraged - God himself is your constant supply.

Be Encouraged - Opposition cannot stand against your annointing.

Be Encouraged - What he has begun in you, he will complete.

I know we all need encouragement. It seems everywhere we turn these days there is fear. I cannot tell you how many times during the week I heard a co-worker of mine repeat "it's soo scarry". She goes home at lunch time and turns on the news, then comes back to work sharing all the doom & gloom she saw on the news. Who's going out of business, who's getting layed off, etc., etc. I for one, do not want to live in fear, I know that my god sees the bigger picture, and he is true to his promises. None of what's happening is taking him by surprise. My pastor always says, god is not sitting in heaven ringing his hands, saying, what am I going to do? lol.

I'm sorry I've gone on and on, but sometimes you just hear some news that really lifts you up, and you want to share it with others. I have been soo hungry for learning. I sit through the service and take notes during the sermon, so I can remember god's word. I would like to buy a new study type bible. Can any of you ladies recommend one that isn't too expensive? I'd appreciate the advise.

Today is my rest day, so I'm off in a few to my daughter's Futsal game, and then I will relax as much as possible :)

Check in with all of you again later :)

Last edited:
Hey everyone,

Today was Maximum Intensity Cardio and the floor portion of Pure Strength Legs and the abs section.

Hey Iris, such an awesome post from you. The fact that you hunger for the Lord and His word is an inspiration to all of us who read these posts. He will find a way to give you all you need to learn more about the true Jesus. In addition to a study bible (which I will check on at my church) there are great books out there too. David Reagan's "God's Plan for the Ages" is a great book that defines through scripture where God is going with this "seeming" mess we are in now. Lee Strobel has some great books as well as Max Lucado. I'm really not much of a reader, but I have enjoyed books from these authors because they are "easy reads" and get to the heart of scripture. Thanks to Christine, you have been inspired through her messages.

Hi Linda, hope you are feeling 100% these days. I, unfortunately, have a bad muscle pull in my neck and back region. It seems to crop up after a workout and then I can't turn my head to the side for several days. Must be a "weak" spot for me. But I pray your arm and hands are improving with time.

Christine, it is a beautiful day here her too!! We're looking at 60 degree weather and a beautiful sun shine day. I have to admit though, my hubby took my car to a car wash to get rid of all the salt and crud from the ice storm we had a few weeks ago. My sister is back from her Faces of Christ Retreat and we are having dinner together tonight to get the scoop on her time there. We traveled one hour last night to go to the retreat center to pray for her. She had an absolute awesome experience there. One she will never forget. God places all of these women exactly in the group they need to be in order to glorify His Name. I had to laugh when she said as she was leaving the retreat she said "well Jesus, I'll se ya later," and He said "WAIT A MINUTE!! I'm going with you!!" How soon we forget! :eek:)

You ladies have a great evening and I enjoy spending time with you!!! :)

Love and blessings,
Karen

Last edited:
Hello Alpha Omega Ladies,
I noticed your name of the group and it caught my eye. It is nice to see a group that honours our Creator and our Savior while being good stewards to our bodies by healthy living. May our LORD continually bless this group.

Catheite in CHRIST.

Alpha Omega Check-in

Sisters:

I hope y’all had a blessed Sunday!

My goal for this STS rotation is to complete 4 cardio workouts every week. I missed my Zumba class Thursday night, so I went to the club late yesterday afternoon and jogged in the pool for 30 minutes.

I wrapped up the day with the Ab Circuits medicine ball abs and the extended stretch last night. I love, love, love this ab workout! It is very different from anything else in my collection. I especially enjoyed the standing segment. The stretch is nice and soothing. I prefer the Stretch Max music, and the stability ball segment of Stretch Max is still my personal favorite. This is good for variety.

I started the second week of the 5-month rotation this morning by revisiting the first workout. I went to Academy last night and bought a pair of Fitness by Cathe weighted gloves. I discovered last week that the weights in STS are very precise. My workout card calls for 13-pound dumbbells. I thought I could get by with 12-pound dumbbells. I could have done a few more reps, so I decided to invest in the weighted gloves. These gloves are very comfortable and helpful. I needed 13 pounds and 7 pounds for several exercises. What a difference a pound makes! I had to pause my DVD player a few times because putting the gloves on and taking them off throughout the workout slowed me down. I also had to transfer my risers from the incline bench to my high step topper since I do not have a chair in my workout room. All in all, this was an even better workout the second time! I am glad I decided to go for the 5-month rotation!

The youth led worship this morning, and it was fun! My pastor is continuing his sermon series on temple maintenance, and he invited a fitness and nutrition teacher to speak to us this morning on the importance of honoring God in the way we eat and exercise.

My body needs more sleep with this rotation. I took a 4-hour nap after church today! My menus are planned for the week, and I need to wrap up my grocery shopping for the week.

Christine, thanks for starting our check-in with the Word every day!

Iris, what a joy to read your post today! I am so happy for you!

Karen, I enjoy checking in with you too!

Jennifer, welcome to our check-in!

Blessings,
Heather B.

"So whether you eat or drink or whatever you do, do it all for the glory of God" (1 Corinthians 10:31 NIV).

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.