Alpha Omega Check-In (2/6/09)

TGI Friday Everyone!

"For He rescued us from the domain of darkness, and transferred us to the Kingdom of His beloved Son, in whom we have redemption, the forgiveness of sins" (Colossians 1:13-14).

Becca, thanks for sharing part of your Beth Moore study with us! That was very encouraging!! It's funny how God can deliver us from so many trials and once we face another, we can get afraid (or at least I can!). It's so important to remember His deliverance from past situations/trials and most importantly, like you said, from the gates of hell! He is always faithful! :)

Iris, were you able to sleep last night? Do you do streches for your lower body? I've been adding some extra stretching to my weekly workouts and I'm finding it really helps to alleviate the soreness! Did your grandson ever wake up so you could play with him?

Karen, that retreat sounds awesome. I haven't been on one yet myself, but I'd like to sometime. My church offers one for women every year, but's it's always way too expensive for me. Amen to what you said about God! It's true, He will never be edged out! The world may win some "battles", but they will never win the war!! :)

Today my w/o will be Shred Level 2, plus some form of Cathe cardio. I will be back to post specifics...

Hello and blessings to Linda, Lynn, Penguin, Heather and all who follow!

Have a great Friday everyone!

Last edited:
Aaahhh! The agony of defeat. I was doing Newport this morning, and was going quite well, until the Turkish Getups. Then something happened to the front of my shoulder. The pain is pretty bad. Using a yoga strap to support it. even had to move my mouse in front of my computer because too pain full to open arm out to the side like that. So intend on doing a lot of babying on the arm today and see what happens.

For the workout agian I used my 20# Kb for eveything except where noted:

Round 1 : Cossack stretch , squat/thrust/snatch (3 mins.); bicycle (1 min.)

Round 2: Squat/Press, One-Arm Swing (4 mins.); double leg raise (keep feet 6" from floor) (1 min.)

Round 3: 2-handed swing, hot potato (4 mins.); twisting crunch (1 min. - Anthony does sets of 10-8-6-4-2 and then repeats)

Round 4:
Punch matrix, plank (you go through each exercise 3x) (3 mins.); Single leg raise (keep stationary leg 6" from floor) (1 min.)

Round 5: Side snatch, overhead lunge (4 mins.) side plank (1 min.) managed to keep my arm up the whole time, this time through

Round 6: Squat/kick, sots press (press from a squat) (3 mins.); standing oblique crunch (1 min.) I switched to a 15# DB for the sots and figured out that the OHP starts at the racked position in front of the shoulder not behind the shoulder. Once I got that I could do the sots.

Round 7: Hand to hand clean, dragon lunge (curtsy lunge) 4 mins. ; Russian twist which then turns into russian twist with bicycle crunch. I Did some of the bicycle part

Round 8: kettlebell pushup (just like the side-to-side pushups in P90X), dive bombers into cobra and janda situp This is too much on my wrists w/ the carpal tunnel so today I put out 3 DB & traveled between them on the pushups, using the DBs as handles. Went much better.

Extra Round: Snatch/Turkish get-up/Windmill - You do one set of all 3 moves on one side, then the other; repeat. I did these with the 20# KB, and this is when the pain started

Bonus Round:
5 mins. snatch test - Did the whole test with my 20#KB, anyway ( I know stupid) but went pretty slow.

Linda, how is your shoulder feeling!!?? Do you only do one round of each exercise? It seems like a fun variety, but intense!

This morning I did the step portions and ab segment from Body Max 2 (thanks Karen for the idea of BM2!). It was fun, I haven't done that one in a while. I'm supposed to do Shred later on with hubby.

Hello all,

No workout for me today as this is a rest day for me. Since I have such a long day at work, I figure this to be the best time to take off.

Christine, do they offer the Faces of Christ Retreat where you live? If you ever get a chance to go, it is an awesome experience. Everyone takes something different away from it, but regardless, you willl be blessed by it. :)

Linda, hope your shoulder feels better soon. It's such a bummer when you get on a good exercise roll then one part of the body decides to take a vacation. But, I have to admit that I've not heard of the workout you're doing. :eek:) Is there somewhere I can go to check it out?

Hi Iris, hope your gym workouts are going great. Mastered that kickbox class yet? ;)

Almost time to go home, so I shall talk to you ladies later. Hello to everyone else out there!!

Karen

My shoulder is still aching. :( Thanks for asking.

Christine
- You do each round for 3 to 4 minutes alternating the exercises every 30 seconds.

Karen
- Newport is by Art of Strength, I also have Providence by them. http://www.artofstrength.com/

Linda, you did a five minute snatch test AFTER your shoulder injury?!?!? Oh no! And with a 20# to boot! I hope it heals up quickly for you!

Christine, sounds like you got a good wo in! Enjoy Shred with DH. How is he liking it?

Karen, ahhhhh, rest days are nice. :0) Enjoy it!

Today I did ME and worked on my 1RM. I have all the UB ones done for week 1. I still need to do LB and I will work on that this weekend. I had to go out and buy heavier dumbbells because the heaviest I have is 15. It was too easy to do things like deadlifts with those.

Hello to everyone else who may stop by! Have a fantastic Friday! :)

Most definitely TGIF. Work was pleasantly busy this week, but now I need some rest :)

Christine, that is a beautiful scripture. Thanks for sharing it with us :) My grandson woke up briefly before my son picked him up, and we quickly wished he'd fall asleep again, lol. He was crying for mommy & daddy. He likes visiting us, but I guess it was just odd for him to wake up somewhere away from home, and not have mommy & daddy there. He's here again today, but in a much better mood, lol. Enjoy doing Shred with hubby if you get to it :)

Linda, soo sorry to hear about your shoulder. I think I'm going to stay with my 15 lb. KB for a while when I get started, because I tend to have a weak right shoulder. Hope you feel better soon.

Hi Karen, enjoy your rest day. I'm looking forward to mine on Sunday. The classes at the gym are going well. The kickboxing classes are good. Not as intense as the ones I'm used to taking, but a lot of fun.

Becca, great job getting those 1RMS done for the first workout. I have to get back to working on mine. I've only done about 9.

Have a great weekend everyone :)

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.