Alpha Omega Check-In (2/5/09)

Good morning everyone!

"Abide in Me, and I in you. As the branch cannot bear fruit of itself unless it abides in the vine, so neither can you unless you abide in Me. I am the vine, you are the branches; he who abides in Me and I in him, he bears much fruit, for apart from Me you can do nothing" (John 15:4-5).

I will be back with personals and my workout. I wanted to get us started with Scripture. I'm glad everyone finds it encouraging, I do as well!

Have a blessed day! I will be back...

Workout Update!

Today I did Shred Level 2 (tough!), plus the 20 minute upper body "add on" workout from Basic Step/Body Fusion. I couldn't do anything more difficult than that because my arms were really fried from Shred! Once I am more familiar with the circuits I will post it. Jillian follows the same strength/cardio/abs format and there are 3 circuits of each. All the strength moves in this level are all compound and the cardio is harder! MOST of the strength & cardio moves utilize the shoulders so they are beyond fried when done!

Karen, I love the music from BM2 also!! I was thinking of doing the "boot camp" premix from BM2 this weekend. I'm trying to do Shred M-F, off on Sat and then whatever I want on Sunday to keep it fresh. We'll see, I'm always straying from "the plan", LOL.

Linda, I'm curious, did you see any results from the 20 min videos you've done, or have you used them just for time constraint purposes?

Iris, I do like Level 2, you were right! It is definitely tougher though! I'm glad you got in a nice workout at home last night and were able to spend time with your daughter too! :)

Becca, don't beat yourself up! You did the right thing by brining it to the Lord, He will see you through! Are you feeling better today? Did you get a workout in? I wouldn't go back to it until you feel 100%, but I completely understand how you feel about falling out of your groove. Don't worry, in no time you will be back to it!!

I hope everyone is having a blessed day!

Good evening!

Still no workout for me. I am just not there yet. :( I may try to get something in tonight after the kiddos go to bed.

Christine, yes I am feeling much better today. I had prayer group this morning and gave it all to God again. Today was good. I actually enjoyed my wee-ones. :) God is answering my prayers!

Which brings me to what I encountered in my Esther Bible Study this afternoon. Beth Moore was talking about how the edict for the annihilation of the Jews given by King Xerxes went out the day before Passover was to start. She talked about how God timed that perfectly. The Jews would be celebrating Passover. Re-telling the story of how God led them out of slavery. They needed that reminder to deal with the prospect of being murdered by an evil man. The needed to hear that the same God who had delivered them from Pharoah's hand would deliver them from Haman. It was a good reminder that the same God who delivered me from the gates of Hell will deliver me from my day-to-day struggles with my children. I truly felt that God told me just what I needed to hear. :) I love it when He does that.

Hello to everyone else!

Have a blessed evening, all!

This morning I did 4 DS Double cardio through the stretch. Workout was 57 minutes and burned 423 calories.

Christine - The 20 minute workouts I did were from books not from dvd's and usually had some other exercises with like a couple of sets of heavy lifting first. Warp Speed had these "metabolic circuits" that were brutal.

Hi Ladies,

Finally a chance to get on here. I've been running around all day, and now I'm watching my grandson, although my son brought him in asleep, and he'll probably sleep his whole visit, lol, and I was actually looking forward to playing with him too.

Becca, glad you feel better today :) Christine, W/O 2 is definitely tougher. Glad you enjoyed it :) Linda, I've yet to check out the premixes on 4DS. I tend to forget how good some of the premixes Cathe puts together are.

My workout today was another kickbox class at the gym. It was a fun class, but for some reason I had a tough time sleeping yesterday, with leg pains. It wasn't even a DOMS kind of soreness really. It was strange since I only did upper body weights yesterday. Anyway, I'll probably pay for taking a kickboxing class later tonight. I'm glad my husband gives pretty good massages :)

Hello to Karen and the rest of the ladies :) Have a great evening.

Hey all,

Today was Imax 3 for me. I had to make it short since I am watching my sister's children (Jacob 6 yrs old and Alivia 3 yrs old) while she attended a retreat. My BIL works second shift, so it will be me and hubby with the kiddos all weekend. The retreat my sister is on is called "Faces of Christ" and it enables you to spend time with the King of Kings and find your role in His plan for you. It is an exceptional weekend that is very eye-opening yet tiring. I attended the retreat a few years ago and I was blown away by how much Jesus truly loves and adores me as His child. I recommend the retreat for anyone who is feeling unloved or distant from God. I may go back at some time to facilitate a group which would be so awesome and such an honor to help lead others to their destiny in Christ.

Hope everyone is well and I truly love spending time with you ladies. God is so good to me and it's amazing how He still makes himself known even in a Fitness Forum. No matter how hard people try, they will never be able to edge God out. What would we be without Him?

Love and blessings,
Karen

Karen, that sounds like an awesome retreat. I'm sure it's going to be an amazing experience for your sister. Have fun with your niece and nephew :)

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.