Alpha Omega Check-In (2/2/09)

Good morning to all!

"Commit to the Lord whatever you do, and your plans will succeed" (Proverbs 16:3)

My husband and I recently purchased some flooring at a carpet and tile company where I live. When we got a letter from them to thank us for our business, this Proverb was written at the top of their letter head! We thought that was so cool, a Christian business!

Iris, how was your Sunday? Football is not my thing either, and lucky for me - it's not my hubby's thing either! We did watch some of the commercials though.

Karen, how in the world do you do IMAX and then PLB?? I can barely make it through IMAX! LOL You have some stamina! :) Your mom story made me chuckle because that is exactly how my grandma is. I can be in and out of the store by the time she makes it down 2 aisles! She just turned 91 and she is still completely together and living on her own!

Lynn, what a great idea to buy more than one copy of Fireproof! My hubby and I would like to get another copy too to share with others. It really is a "must see" movie!!

Linda and Becca, I hope you are both completely recovered and that your families are feeling well again! Becca, when do you plan to start STS?

Today my workout will be Shred plus the timesaver cardio blast from Drill Max.

Blessings also to Heather, Penguin and all who follow! :)

Last edited:
So far, everyone is well again. Now we wait and see if DH gets it.

Still reading the study on baptism.

This morning was Providence again, but this time with heavier KBs. I picked up a 25# and a 35#. So let's just say that the workout was a lot more challenging this morning.

I will break down the workout and weights if anyone is interested.

Iris - I am just starting KBs myself, so I only Know what I have heard about DVD's, except Providence. I think Providence is doable by a beginner, you just have to start low in weights. I have heard good things about Lauren Brooks dvd, and Amy Bento is coming out with one but I am not sure of the intensity level, you may want to check her site for info.

I have also joined the Declutter Check-In...which reminds me I better go get busy!:p:p:p

Linda, glad everyone is well! I will prayer your hubby doesn't catch it now! What exactly is your Baptism book about? Sounds like a silly question, I know :p, but I mean is it about the history and the purpose behind it, etc., using Biblical references? Just curious!

I have to update my workout again.... instead of adding Drill Max Cardio Premix to my Shred workout, I actually did some Hi/Lo segments of Step, Jump & Pump from my Timesaver DVD. I need to start posting my workouts AFTER they're done, not just what I have planned, LOL!

Hello Christine & Linda. Christine, I've been wanting to ask Linda the same question about the Baptism book. It sounds very interesting, and I've been wondering what it covers.

Christine, thank you for reminding me that I have the Timesaver DVD, I need to start checking out some of those pre-mixes :)

Linda, thanks for the recommendations on the kettlebell workouts. A friend of mine is actually going to lend me her Newport and Providence workouts. Those KB workouts are expensive! I've been holding off on getting them for as long as I can. I have soo many workouts I don't ever do, and really have to get around to doing something with them. I've thought of putting some up for trade on VFF, but haven't gotten aound to gathering them up. How does the Declutter thing work? Are you guys swapping videos?

Well, I was a little dissapointed today in not being able to get to the gym. I wanted to take a class that I haven't tried yet. It is "30/30". 30 minutes of intense cardio - instructor's choice, could be step, kickboxing, aerobics, etc., followed by 30 minutes of weight-training. Usually my neighbor and I take turns getting our girls to and form dance, and I had hoped I could drop off and she could pick up so I could make the class, but it turns out her daughter wasn't going to dance class today. Day wasn't waisted though. I did Slow & Heavy Chest, Back & Shoulders at home. Tomorrow will be a kickboxing class at the gym.

Good night ladies :)

Hey everyone,

I always seem to check in so late. I need to start posting in the morning because I pretty much have my workout planned for the day. This evening was a 5 mile run then hubby and I off to the final study on the Truth Project. Seems we are going to delay the Fireproof study for a while and start one on the Easter Experience. This will be a good timing considering Easter isn't too far away. Looking forward to that.

There are still folks around here with no power after one week. They may have another week to go according to the news. Looking at snow headed this way tomorrow, but at least it's not ice. :eek:)

Christine, I always have to do a cardio then a muscle routine each day. I am so obsessive about my workouts that if I don't do both, I get really out of sorts. On days I only have time for cardio, I feel lopsided!! I am sooo weird about some things. :) I'm still a work in progress and God's far from finished with me, so I guess I need to settle into His plans since I'm in this for the long haul anyway. ;)
Also, very cool the carpet company used scripture to promote their business. I bet they do very well with God included in their plans.

Linda, I'm also interested in the baptism book you are reading. My mom is a good Christian woman who was baptized as an infant, and I would love to see her baptized again as an adult who is able to make her own decision for Christ. She said that once was enough and there is no need to do it again. My brother, sister and I hope to change her mind on that. She is very devoted to the Lord, although I do believe that baptism by emersion plays a significant part of our walk with Him.

Iris, sorry you weren't able to get to the gym today. Hope tomorrow's kickbox class gives you the sweatin' workout you need.

Hello to everyone else wherever you are!! Come back and post when you get a chance.

Bye for now,
Karen

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.