Alpha Omega Check-In (2/13/09)

SheWolf

Cathlete
But now faith, hope , love, abide these three; but the greatest of these is love. 1 Cor. 13:13

Quick check in before I head back to the hospital with DM. They are giving him a stress test this afternoon.

Today was Total Body Challange 3 from Amy's Slo Mo. Again sets had 8 reps with varying speeds.

[FONT=&quot]Total body Challenge 3:

warm up from chest bi tri,

Sumo Squat ,
3 - 70#

Seated row/ barbell
3 - Purple & Pink Band

Hammy rocker,
3 - 20's

Cuban press
2 - 12's
1 - 10's

Glute wrap with barbell

3 - 35#

Standing Shrugs

3 - 70#

Incline chest flies

3 - 20's ***the slow reps toasted my chest:p

Standing concentration curl w/barbell,
2- 50#
1 - 45#

Tricep band push down

3 - Purple Band **loved this one:D

Tricep dips

3 - bodyweight ** I'll have to try & remember to add weight next time

Core **skipped this, ran out of time. Will try & do tomorrow.;)

Stretch from the legs workout

DS dragged himself to school this morning, so he could attend the Valentine's party. I sure hope he is okay. :) He was so brave this morning. DH is still home. And to quote DD yesterday "There is throw up coming out my butt".
But this to shall pass....

I get to see Fireproof tonight.:D
[/FONT]

Good morning everyone!

Linda, thanks for starting us out! I love your scripture! :) I'm so sorry to hear about your sick household and the heart scare with your Dad. I am glad to hear that he is okay so far! I'll be keeping your family in prayer! (I know, I'm so happy I finally got my avatar to work - hooray!! :) ) Oooh, you will LOVE Fireproof, I'm excited for you that you're seeing it tonight! Have some tissues handy! ;)

Becca, I'm so sorry for your sadness over the loss of your mom. I can totally relate to how you feel, as this past February 3rd was the 10 year anniversary of my father's passing. I simply cannot believe it's been that long!! I thought of this scripture concerning you: The Lord is near to the brokenhearted, and saves those who are crushed in spirit" (Ps 34:18). I pray His presence was with you yesterday in an extra special way, and that you enjoyed those cookies for your mom!

Iris, I'm glad you were able to enjoy your kickbox class last night! It's only by the Spirit can we produce the fruit of self-control, good for you for living by Him and not getting angry over a packed class! In the end, you were able to enjoy yourself frustration free - yah! :)

Karen, I'm so sorry to hear about your bladder condition, which sounds very painful! :( But, good for you for not letting it stand in your way of getting your workouts done! You are a strong woman!! :) How are you feeling today?

Jennifer, good luck on finding out your grades! I remember those days of biting my nails until I got the final word! I'm sure you did just fine

Today my workout was Shred plus the floorwork from Butts & Guts. Whenever I do floor work I'm always joined by my dog and two of my three cats. They are just too cute laying on the mat with me, it always makes me laugh!

Hope everyone is having a blessed day! You are all in my prayers.

I meant to tell you guys, my husband did get offered the job he interviewed for a while back. The only thing is, it's 1 1/2 hours from our house. This past week he got a call from another company 20 minutes away who offered him MORE money, so it's a no brainer!! Just wanted to share! Praise God! I'm so happy he will be working closer to home! :)

Oh my goodness Linda. Thank god your dad didn't have a heart-attack, and I hope you can find out more today, and I'll be praying for a good outcome. I hope your children get well soon. Enjoy the movie tonight. It really is a good movie.

Christine PTL, I am soo happy your hubby got even a better offer. It'll be great working closer to home too.

I'll be going to the gym after work for a total body conditioning class. Check in with you guys later this evening.

Have a great day everyone.

P.S. Edited to include my workout - "Total body Conditioning" class was pretty good. Those high reps really burn.

Last edited:
Happy Valentine's Day Everyone.
No grade as of yet due to some technical issues that arose for my classmates. The good news for my new class, I was able to post to my learning team not to long ago this morning plus participate in class too. My paper needs to get done today and my grade needs to post. Yesterday was a rough day, I made a "stupid" error at work plus waking up to news of the plane crash just made it difficult for myself plus thinking of school
Thank GOD few new days and new beginnings!!
My workout for today is shoveling snow.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.