Alpha Omega Check-In (2/12/09)

Good morning!

"Love does not rejoice in unrighteousness, but rejoices with the truth; Love bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things" (1 Corinthians 13:6-7).

Linda, oh no - sorry to hear your son and daughter are sick again! I will pray for a speedy recovery! It's great that all you listen to is Christian music. You just never know what you're going to hear with "mainstream" music these days, it's terrible.

Iris, how did your 1RM testing go? I should be getting Jillian's DVD's soon, so I will give you the full report once I try them! That way you can decide if you want to get them in the future or not. :)

Jennifer, I love Mercy Me too! I forgot to add them to my list of Christian artists that I love. (I'm sure there's a bunch I forgot to list because there are just so many! ;) )

Today my workout is Shred, with nothing extra. I am finding that Level 2 is really wiping me out (in a good way)!

Hello and blessings to all who follow!

Good Afternoon Ladies. I hope you are all having a great day :)

Linda hope your son is feeling better. It never seems to end, does it? Your workouts sound awesome. I am going to try Providence this Saturday. My first real kettlebell workout, so we'll see how it goes.

Hello Jennifer. Sounds like you have a really busy schedule too. You seem soo well grounded though, that's a great thing :)

Hello Karen, Becca, Heather, and all the A/O ladies.

Chrstine, I did about 50 minutes of 1 RM's yesterday as my workout, and still have quite a bit of exercises to go. The good thing is, I do feel a little sore today, so the 1 RM was actually my weight-lifting for the day. I put on my christian music and enjoyed the lifting.

Today will be Cardio Kickboxing class at the gym. Looking forward to it.

Have a great day everyone, and I'll check in again this evening.

Just a quick stop in before I have to go pick up kiddos at school.

I have a prayer request: 20 years ago today, my mother went to be with the Lord. The anniversary is always rough, but this year has hit very hard. I am trying to stay positive about it. I even baked her famous chocolate chip cookies today, but it still makes me very, very sad. :( Please pray for endurance to get through the day.

Thank you so much!

Blessings!

okay I did KPC this morning skipping the abs. Burned 496 calories. Which I have since eaten.

Because when it rains it pours. DD is still recovering, DS is sick, DH has stomach virus (finally), my Dad was on vacation in Florida, and is experience chest pains past two days and is now at this very minute flying home to go to the emergency room, and my sister is awaiting results on a lump in her breast.

Well, have to run meeting parents at airport to take them to hospital.....

Two prayer requests here.
Soon, I should be receiving my final grade for my last class. I pray that it's real good.
Second, I went to the local news website and a picture of a beer thief that looks very much like my ex-husband. Facial features, eye color, hair, clothing, age, etcc. I chose to call silent observer in hopes of being wrong about him. He's been married more than a few times after me. When we were together, it was like he was living two seperate lives. After the divorce, I chose to keep our joint tax returns for many years after.

Hello ladies,

Today was a 4 mile run then Pyramid Upper Body. I had just come back from the doctor after having a bi-weekly bladder instillation. I have a chronic condition called Interstitial Cystitis which causes hemorrhages to form on the bladder lining which is painful. I have had it since I was about 13 years old so it's been around for a while. The pressure and burning to urinate are awful at times. Almost like the worst vaginal and urinary tract infection all in one. Anyway, I'm used to the discomfort but today the doc tried a new "cocktail" in the bladder which had more numbing medicine in it. So when I went home to run, I wet myself badly because I couldn't control my bladder. :( The meds have to be held in the bladder for 2 hours or more, but I lost it all within the hour. Wish the doc would have told me that this could happen. I should have quit running, but I'm such a hard head. ;)

Anyway, prayers coming your way for Linda, Becca and Jennifer. So sorry to hear you all are dealing with sickness, sadness and anxiety. I hope all goes well for all of you and that The Lord would cover you with His love and peace. May He lift you up on wings like eagles and direct your paths to His loving light.

Hello to Iris, Christine and everyone else.

Think I'm going to take some pain meds and go to bed.

God Bless,
Karen

Hello Ladies,

Looks like we have quite a few prayer requests here today. It's good to have others lift us up in prayer.

Becca, I'll be praying for the lord bring you comfort and endurance. I know how it is even years after loosing a loved one. Those yearly anniversaries, and even holidays always bring memories of loved ones. I am going through that more since my brother passed away not quite two years ago. The christmas holidays were very difficult for me. Especially since my brother's birthday was New Year's day. I'll keep you in my prayers :)

Linda, you sure have a lot on your plate. I'm praying for a speedy recovery to your children and hubby, and for your dad and sister. Please let us know how things turn out :)

Jennifer, I'll be praying for you too. So, are you done with school now? Or just for the semester?

Karen, I hope you feel better real soon. That sounds soo painful. I am amazed you were able to get such an intense workout done. Thank you for always speaking uplifting words to us. Reading your posts always brings me comfort :)

I just walked in a few minutes ago. Do you ever feel like your living your life on fast-forward? lol. I left work promptly at 5PM, rushed home to cook dinner, shower, change and barely made it to the gym for my 6PM Kickboxing class. Actually, the class had just started, and I was barely able to find a little spot to squeeze into. The class was soo packed. The room felt even smaller today. I checked my attitude at the door, and thought, Ok, I'm here and I'm going to have a good workout. A few months ago, I would have gotten a really bad attitude if I had to work out in such a packed room, but today, I decided to feed off the energy in the room and just have a little fun. Once I start STS, I'll be lucky if I get to the gym for just the 2 night kickboxing classes, so I think for 2 nights a week, I can deal with a little bit of a crowd.

After class, I had to rush back home and get my daughter to Futsal practice. Her practice ran for nearly 2 hours today. I picked her up an hour later only to find, they were going to continue with some drills, and then they played a little game against the boy's team. It was fun watching. Our town children need all the practice they can get, as this is our first year participating in indoor soccer, and we've learned that other towns have been playing indoor soccer for years :( We're getting better every game though, so it's not soo bad.

Have a great night ladies.

Just back from the hospital. My Dad made the flight okay, and went directly to the hospital. Good News is at this point he has not had an actual heart attack. Praise God! But many signs point to there being something going on with his heart. He is stable and was kept at the hospital, until he is seen by his heart doctor tomorrow. Thank you for the prayers, it was a long six hours waiting for that flight to arrive.

Christine - I see you have your avatar working. Beautiful!

I'll catch up on the rest of the personals tomorrow....

Linda-Hope your Dad is doing well.
For school, I take one class at a time for 6 weeks. It's rather consuming but it keeps me focused on just one subject though.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.