Alpha Omega Check-In (2/11/09)

Good afternoon!

Sorry I am late in getting the thread started for the day. Anyone can feel free to start the thread, and I'll just jump in when I can get on! :)

"Man looks at the outward appearance, but the Lord looks at the heart" (1 Samuel 16:7).

Iris, I'm glad you had a nice birthday!! I can relate to small workout rooms at the gym! Before the gym I used to belong to was remodeled, the group fitness room was so small that there was hardly any room to move around and the mirrors would get so foggy that it was completely pass-out worthy in there! But you're right, a good workout keeps you going back regardless! ;) I meant to tell you, I've been reading a book by Joyce Meyer called "Battlefield of the Mind". It's good and I think you will like it. It's also about spiritual warfare and how our mind is the battleground. She really challenges you to "be transformed by the renewing of your mind" (Romans 12:2), and I know you like Joyce Meyer, so I thought I'd mention it! :)

Jennifer, good for you for being obedient to God's call for you to pray for someone. It is amazing how He uses us when we are willing to follow His lead!

Linda, I hope you're feeling better today! I had a pretty bad headache last night myself :(

Today my workout was Maximum Intensity Cardio Hi/Lo only. I always think to myself as I start out "this is pretty easy", but then it really kicks into high gear and I'm saying "what was I thinking??" LOL

Hope everyone is having a blessed day!

Another Amy Bento Slo Mo morning for me. And for once in about 6 months I didn't do any cardio. Felt weird, like I was cheating or something.:p

This was Total Body Challenge 2, again everything had 8 reps except the Single Leg Rock up Squat which had 12, usually with varying rep speeds.

[FONT=&quot]Warm up from Back and shoulders

Wobble Hack Squats
3 - 20's

One Arm Lat Pullover on Ball
3 - 10# ***This one worried me with my shoulder****

[/FONT] [FONT=&quot] Cradle Side lunge
3 - 65# ***Found cradling enough weight to challenge my legs painful on my forearms.****

Seated row/ barbell & Band
3 - purple band

Single leg squat on ball
3 - 20#

Standing reverse flies w/ external rotation
3 - 10's

Chest around the worlds
1 - 12's
1 - 10's ***tried 15's but too hard, this is one tough exercise***

Standing Contraction Concentration curl w/barbe
ll
1 - 50#
1 - 45#
1 - 40# ***My forearms were burning during this, which is why I kept lowering the weight***

Decline Tricep dips
3 - Bodyweight

Core *** I only did some of this.

Stretch from chest section

Workout was about 1:17 and I burned 394 calories.
[/FONT]

Oh yeah, is there no end? Saturday morning DD woke up crying with a headache and a fever. Fever & Headache persisted over weekend and became ear infection, so off to the pediatrician Monday morning. She is doing better but it is a slow recovery. She even threw up in bed again last night. Now guess what. DS now has, fever, headache and cough!:p I am tired.:confused:

Hello Christine,

I actually thought of starting the thread when I checked this morning, but I didn't have a scripture to share off the top of my head, and I've gotten to look forward to your scripture verses :)

I actually have Joyce Meyer's book "Battlefield of the Mind". I read it years ago, but now that you mentioned it, I'm going to re-read it, as soon as I'm done reading my current book. It's amazing how much you learn when you re=read a book. Even bible passages, I can read something and not get it, and suddenly I'll read the same exact thing, and I clearly get the meaning. I am always learning.

I was checking out Jillian's new workouts on Collage and they look pretty good. I almost ordered, but decided to wait, since I'm planning on starting STS soon, my cardio days will more than likely be limited to kickboxing classes at the gym 2 - 3 timex a week. I'm thinking I am going to have a little more of a relaxed approach to STS than I had when I did Power90x. STS workouts are pretty long, and I may not always be up to doing over an hour of weightlifting, so I'm not going to pressure myself to follow exactly along.

Today I will be working on taking some of my 1RMS, and that will count as my workout for the day, since it would have been my strength training day anyway. I have a meeting at my daughter's school this evening about their class trip to Boston, so I'll be quite busy.

Hello to all of the ladies of the A/O thread. Hope you all have a lovely day :)

Oh, I forgot to thank everyone for their music suggestions. I will definitely be looking into to those. All we listen to Christian music, that way I don't have to worry what my kids are hearing.

"Battlefield of the Mind" is a great book, I saw Joyce a few years ago here in the city.
I read most of the book then finished up with another. Kathy Tricolli books are good about falling in love with Jesus. My parents want me to read "The Shack," but time constraints with school.
My former pastor wrote "Velvet Elvis," which is quite interesting.
Linda-Your workout schedule looks fab! And, those viruses are here too.
Christine-Thank you for starting the thread.
Iris-Enjoy your reading.

For school to calm my nerves, I have downloaded from YouTube artists like Nicole C. Mullen, Third Day, Casting Crowns, and Mercy Me "I can only imagine". These songs help keep my life in perspective.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.