Alpha Omega Check-In (2/10/09)

Good morning!

"Let us fix our eyes on Jesus, the author and perfecter of our faith, who for the joy set before him endured the cross, scorning its shame, and sat down at the right hand of the throne of God" (Hebrews 12:2).

Iris, Happy Birthday!! I hope you have a blessed day! :) I used the NIV for many years, that was my first Bible translation. You will love it! My husband recently got me the Inductive NASB because I was looking for a new Bible and this one goes right along with our Kay Arthur study. That 30/30 class at your gym sounded like a lot of fun!! I wish the gyms around me offered that kind of variety!

Becca, hooray you are back into your workouts! :) It always feels good to be back! Keep us posted on what STS is like, I've seen a lot of good reviews on the boards so far (although that doesn't surprise me ;) )

I will post my workout later on (the plan is Shred plus floorwork from Butts & Guts). I just purchased Jillian's newest DVD's called "Banish Fat, Boost Metabolism" and "No More Trouble Zones". They both have 5 minute warm ups, 40 minute circuits (Banish Fat is cardio & No More Trouble Zones is toning) and 5 minute cool down. Since I'm really loving her 30 Day Shred, I thought I'd get these for some more variety. I really like Jillian!!

Blessings to all this day! :)

Hi everyone,

I was not able to post last night but I did a 5 mile run, then off to a couples Bible Study called the "Easter Experience". There are short videos followed by group discussion on Bible scripture. After that, we will begin the "Fireproof "study for the next 6 weeks.

Christine, I've been praying lately that I keep my focus on Him. I get anxious and out of sorts and I know it's because I'm too busy thinking about myself and how I feel. I heard a study that there are more depressed people in the US under the age of 30 then those who are older. Seems the younger folks have been taught to be more focused on the "it's all about me" way of living. Obviously, they are missing something or someone in their lives, and that someone is Jesus. Only when they are encouraged to reach out to others and give of themselves, do they truly know joy and peace. Very interesting. So, thanks for the scripture today Christine, it fit right in.

Iris, hope you have a beautiful Happy Birthday!!!! :) Don't you just feel sooo special that you are the only on like you created on that day?? Do something fun for yourself and remember that God knitted you in your mother's womb ever so gently, desiring to give you the desires of your heart, which is, "His Heart."

Linda, hope the shoulder is better. Your workouts are so detailed and informative that I feel like I need to take it up a notch and venture into new waters. You're quite an inspiration. :)

Today will be the double cardio 4 day split hi-low, and an upper body segment from one of those workouts.

God Bless you guys,
Karen

Good Morning Ladies,

Thank you for the happy birthday wishes :) A couple of the girls at work are taking me out to lunch which I really appreciate. After work I'll head to the gym for hopefully a good calorie burning class, lol.

Hi Christine, I have to check out Jillian's new workouts. They sound good, especially the cardio one :)

Karen, I just started reading the book I mentioned about a week ago, "The Invissible War", and I am learning soo much. I've read things on the subject before, but they are things that we need to re-read. I don't want to overstep my boundaries for fear some may not share in my believe, but one of the things the author of the book shared yesterday that really grabbed my attention, centered around one particular day where he was going to start writing a book on spiritual warfare. He says he got up that morning, and his wife even brought him coffee in bed. He was able to spend extra time before the lord, and just felt really good. The moment he left the house to head to his office where he'd be working on the study, he had this sudden depression come over him. He said, there was nothing suttle about it, it just came on with a vengeance. He had thoughts of not wanting to be alive, no longer wanted to be the President of the committee he was on, just not wanting to go on. He stopped for a minute and thought, wait a minute. Today is the day I'm going to start that spiritual warfare study. Just like that, he turned his thoughts around and prayed and just like that, the spirit of depression left him. It got me to thinking how many times I have this sudden sense of depression come over me. Just an overwhelming sadness where all I want to do is cry, and nothing in particular has happened. I think this book is going to help me recognize the suttle things that come our way to rob us of our peace and joy. We live in tough times, but god is more than able to take care of us :)

Have a blessed day everyone.

Christine, I've been praying lately that I keep my focus on Him. I get anxious and out of sorts and I know it's because I'm too busy thinking about myself and how I feel. I heard a study that there are more depressed people in the US under the age of 30 then those who are older. Seems the younger folks have been taught to be more focused on the "it's all about me" way of living. Obviously, they are missing something or someone in their lives, and that someone is Jesus. Only when they are encouraged to reach out to others and give of themselves, do they truly know joy and peace. Very interesting. So, thanks for the scripture today Christine, it fit right in.

Karen, you hit the nail on the head in that paragraph! I am the exact same way regarding my anxiety! And you're right about the whole "it's all about me" attitude we have going on in the world today. Just go to any "self help" section of any bookstore and you'll find the same theme - how to look out for #1! It's not meant to be that way, you are 100% right when you say when we reach out and give ourselves unto others do we know peace, through Christ! Amen to that! This is one of my favorite scriptures because it reminds me to bring my focus back to where it belongs by focusing on above and not all around!

Iris, I agree with that story from your book and your opinion on the matter 100%. I believe that anytime we step out in faith and plan to do something for the Lord (not matter how "big" or "small"), the devil is right there to try and stop us! Look at how he tempted Jesus in the desert right before Jesus was to begin His ministry on earth. It's not just the devil either, he has many of his own servants to carry out his sad schemes. I think being aware of that is a great thing, so good for you! Enjoy your lunch with your co-workers, that is very nice of them! Have fun in class tonight and enjoy your birthday day! :)

Today my workout was Shred plus floorwork from Butts & Guts.

Hi everyone,

Linda, hope the shoulder is better. Your workouts are so detailed and informative that I feel like I need to take it up a notch and venture into new waters. You're quite an inspiration. :)

God Bless you guys,
Karen

Thanks Karen, I love to try new things and always love trying to push myself at little harder.

Iris, Happy Birthday!:D:D:D:D:D:D

This morning I did BM2 Cardio Blast including the stretch, workout was 59 minutes and I burned 481 calories.

Sorry fighting a headache today so not to chatty.:(

Hello Ladies.
Happy Birthday, Iris!!
GOD laid it on my heart to pray for someone I haven't seen in a long time but was quite attracted to. HE only knows what I was praying for this person. Asking to see this person again seemed right and I did. I believe this person needed prayer and I felt a ton of weight was lifted off of me for doing so. Praise HIM allowing me to pray in the Spirit.
No workouts for me lately. One class ended last night and new one began tonight.
STS is here and ready to roll.

Have a Blessed Night.

Hello Ladies,

Lunch with co-workers was nice, and the kickboxing class was good, but the room is too small for the amount of ladies taking some of the classes. I brought one of my co-workers to take the class. She and I used to take kickboxing classes together before, and it was fun working out with her. Although I could tell she didn't like how crowded the class was. I guess as long as I get a good workout, I can overlook some things.

Linda, I can understand not feeling chatty when your fighting a headache. I suffer from migraines and I don't feel like doing much of anything when fighting one :)

Hi Jennifer, welcome to the thread. It's good to be sensitive to the spirit and praying for those we feel lead to. When are you starting STS? I was planning on starting in March, but seeing that Cathe is starting next Monday, has me wondering if I should start then too. I'm going to do some previewing the next couple of days and decide by this weekend.

Have a great evening ladies.

Iris,
Since I work full time (currently) and full time student, my time is limited. I have considered working out at night and do most of my school stuff in the morning. My prof lives in Japan so posting to class, for this one, is unusual although we follow MST.

Have a Great Day!!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.