Alpha Omega Check-In (1/28/09)

Blessings everyone! :)

"If any of you lacks wisdom, let him ask of God, who gives to all generously and without reproach, and it will be given to him. But he must ask in faith without any doubting..." (James 1:5,6)

It is snowing here today, we have about 4-5 inches and it's still coming down! My hubby is driving to NJ for a job interview, so please keep his travel in prayer! I am going to try and make it to the supermarket later on, we'll see how it goes.

Iris- How was your daughter's birthday dinner? How was the kickboxing class? I hope you had a nice night!

Linda - Do you think you were in such pain from the therapy? I've gone to PT before and remember feeling worse before I got better. How is your right hand today? Oh, those long nights where you toss and turn are the worst! I hope you got some good sleep.

Karen - I checked out "The Truth Project", it looks really interesting! My hubby and I are actually part of a small group at our Pastor's house with a few other couples. I may consider to him that we try this study, I'd like that! Hope you made it safely down your driveway today!

My workout today is Shred plus Rhythmic Step.

Blessings and waves to Becca, Lynn, Heather, Penguin and all who may follow!

Snowed a little here yesterday and last night, but it is raining now so it is all suppose to be gone later.:(

I did Providence again this morning and since I did not end up with any DOMS I figured my 20# Kb was not challenging enough. So this morning I subbed either a 30# or 25# Db where I could. It was brutal. Then did Stretch w/ the Ball from Stretch Max. During that the nausea hit and I just figure it was because I was lying prone on the ball, which I always hate. But no the feeling stuck with me, so I tried to eat something and no go. I now have DD's virus. Oh great and now the other half has just hit. So I am headed back to the sofa to spend the rest of the day moaning.:confused::confused: Workout was 1:12 and I burned 612 calories....and now no food. Was also going out to purchase more KBs but that will have to wait until tomorrow.:(

BTW, Shoulder did not ache last night but hand was still numb.

Hello everyone! Last night I did my couch to 5k run and I was able to run 20 min straight without stopping to walk! I was so excited! I actually felt like I could have ran longer, but I am following the program to a "T" so I didn't want to push it. I followed that with 4DS BC, weight work only.

Today, I am starting to feel sick. My kids have been ill with sore throats and fevers and I am starting to get a bit of it. I am planning on trying Results Fitness Ten Days to a Better Body today. It is short, so that sounds doable.

"If any of you lacks wisdom, let him ask of God, who gives to all generously and without reproach, and it will be given to him. But he must ask in faith without any doubting..." (James 1:5,6)

Christine, I love this Scripture, esp the "without any doubting" part. How I need to be reminded of that! I tend to ask for things with a doubtful heart. God wants to give us the desires of our hearts! We have quite a bit of snow here today, too. I will definitely keep your DH in my prayers as he travels.

Linda, so sorry to hear DD shared her illness with you! Take it easy and get better soon!

Heather, I loved your review of STS! Can't wait to get mine. I don't know if the UPS man could make it to my house right now though. Too much snow.

Karen, how is the ice this morning?

Iris, WTG on your KB! How was DD's birthday?

Hello to Lynn!

Have a blessed day!

Hello Ladies,

We got slammed with more snow & ice in N.J. I had no idea it had snowed until I received the call from daughter's school, saying there would be no class today due to inclement weather. I peaked out of the window, and just said Oh No. Luckily DH was home and was able to shovel me out of the driveway, lol. He's soo good to me.

Christine, where are you located? You mentioned your DH was traveling to NJ for a job interview. How did it go? You must not be too far from me. Glad you're enjoying the 30 Day Shred video. Rhythmic Step is one of my favorite Cathe Step workouts. It's soo much to do.

Linda, so sorry to hear you caught the virus your daughter had. That usually happens, unfortunately. I must have had a virus of some sort myself on Sunday. On the way to take my daughter to dinner, I felt really sick. It was the kind of sick I feel when I have a migraine headache, but I didn't have a headache. Just felt soo sick in the car. I managed to get through dinner, but getting back home was a struggle, again due to the car ride. I felt sick all night, but woke up much better the next morning. It was soo strange.

Hey Becca, I've never been much of a runner. That's great that you were able to run 20 minutes without stopping. Running and jumping rope always make my heartrate get way up there. How are you feeling? It never fails, every time the kids get sick, we're next with all the nurturing we do.

My daughter’s little BD celebration was good. We had taken her out to dinner on Sunday, so yesterday was just dinner & cake at home. She had soccer practice scheduled, so we had to celebrate on Sunday. She was thrilled that we got her Ipod Touch. That’s the only thing she really wanted.

The Kickbox class yesterday was pretty good. Not as intense as Thursdays class was, but still a pretty good workout. This evening I’m taking a Zumba class, my daughter will be going with me. Hopefully she won’t be too busy laughing at me, lol.

Heather, I’m thrilled for you on receiving your STS package. You have “The Best” UPS Delivery man. I’ll trade ya.. LOL.

Have a great day everyone.

Hey everyone, no power here through most part of the day. Ice and snow very heavy and no work for me today. The banks actually closed today and I was surprised that they would close due to inclement weather. This does not happen very often so you know it must be bad! But thanks be to God, we now have power and heat. We are so spoiled as a nation when I think of all the people with " nothing." The weather is bad, but God is so good!! :)
Hope everyone is safe and warm. Take care and God Bless,
Karen

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.