Alpha Omega Check-In (1/25/09)

Good morning Everyone!

"To You, O Lord, I lift up my soul. O my God, in You I trust... Make me know your ways, O Lord; Teach me Yor paths. Lead me in Your truth and teach me, For You are the God of my salvation. For You I wait all the day" (Psalm 25:1-2, 4-5).

Becca - hypoglycemia IS quite the challenge! I have to make sure I'm always prepared to eat every few hours, no matter where I am or what I'm doing. It's overwhelming at times and I fret over it more than I should, when I don't give it over to God! I love 4DS cardio!! I think I get exercise ADD too, so 4DS is great for that, short & effective!

Linda - How was your busy day? How was your daughter's b'day and your massage therapy appointment?

Iris- Good decision about the gym membership!! I would have made the same decision if it meant I was saving money, even if I decided to cancel! It's great that you can bring your daughter for free too! Did your husband make it to church with you?

Penguin - I completely agree with Karen, you can never fail God!! He loves you no matter what! Don't dwell on any lies the devil wants you to believe, about God OR your weight loss/gain. Remember you're a new creation in Christ (see 2 Cor 5:17), you have His unlimited power within you! You aren't fighting any battles alone! Have you gone to the doctor to rule out any medical conditions or possible hormone imbalances that might be causing the gain?

Karen - Step Blast is so much fun! I only have it on VHS when I recorded off of FitTV, but I'd love to purchase this one some day. I do have SS and Push Pull, but I haven't used those in quite some time!

I'm pretty sore today from doing 30 Day Shred and Butts & Guts yesterday, so I'm not sure what I'll do today. I'm thinking of a nice long walk with my hubby and our dog, but I'll have to see how "frigid" it's supposed to be today, here in the Northeast! :)

Blessings everyone!

Last edited:
Happy Sunday Ladies.

Christine, I love the scripture you shared today. I am copying this one down, it's inline with the message I received this morning in church :)

My husband did go to church with me this morning, and it was soo nice to have him there with me. The message my pastor brought forth today was soo powerful. He preached on 6 shrouds that keep believers bound. So much of his message spoke to me today. I'll share the 6 points he gave briefly:

1) Shroud of Condemnation
2) Shroud of Unbelieve
3) Shroud of Worry & Anxiety
4) Shroud of Depression
5) Shroud of Unforgiveness
6) Shoud of Secret Sin

It spoke so clearly to me, because I tend to suffer from anxiety and depression. It's gotten to the point where I can't even hide it from my kids, and they tell me all the time that I need to live and not worry about everything. I rarely watch the news because it causes such anxiety in me. I have been taking Xanas just to keep the panic attacks at bay, and I know that that is not god's purpose for my life.

Today is a busy day for me. After church I went and signed up at the gym, but it's my Rest day, so no workout today. My daughter has a Futsal (Indoor soccer) game at 3:15, plus she's a call-up for the other team, so they need her there at 2:15 for the earlier game. Then we are taking her out to dinner for her BD. Her BD is actually on Tuesday, but since she has soccer practice, we're going to take her out to dinner today instead.

I hope all of you are having a blessed day, and I look forward to catching up with everyone's posts later today, and throughout the week :)

Thanks Christine for the verse, we can always count on you. :) I love reading Psalms as they are always so calming yet uplifting. God covered every area of our lives with His Word.

Hi Iris, I too suffered with anxiety and depression, was on Xanax among several other drugs. I was hospitalized back in 1998 for a few weeks because I myself could not dig out of the rut I was in. Only by the grace of God did I receive the right help and people in my life to help me overcome the fear. Don't get me wrong, I still struggle, but now I have more of a peace knowing I'm not alone in my feelings and thoughts. God knows everything about me, and at times I hear Him saying, "calm down my child, and give it ALL over to me." Of course, sometimes I listen and sometimes I don't (just like any child, right?) But He is there in the midst of the fear and depression, and He understands. I pray you find your way to complete peace which surpasses understanding. Won't that be pure joy!!

One of my favs of the bible is Phil. 4:6 Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, let your requests be known to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.

Today I did Lowmax and the floor section of Butts and Guts. Actually, that was almost a 2 hour workout! But, today I had the time as opposed to weekdays. Now I'm going across the pond to my sisters house and play Wii and have some good ole' vegetable soup. I plan on kickin some butt in bowling. :eek:)

Hello to all my other pals out there too. Have a beautiful day.

Karen

Last edited:
Evening all!

Thanks for the encouragement. I have been to the Dr. and had bloodwork done I think its just bad eating habits. I think I'm doing fine {journaling what I eat and when I workout} but its so easy to slip in a few more things and then that becomes the standard. As soon as I start following a plan I get rebellious and stubborn and do what I want not what is on the plan. I"m too lazy to count calories, won't follow a plan and won't cook seperate meals for Hubby and I so more often I eat what he likes. BUT he has been very good about eating better with me the past few days. I'm trying a salt sugar purge my Mom got out of Flat Belly Diet book. She did it and lost 2.5 lbs, I'm on day 2 {of 4} and have lost 4.2lbs so far. I thought it might be one of those things that as soon as you go back to eating normally the weight comes back, but so far so good for my mom. Its only 4 days {even I can do that!} and mostly fruit, veggies, and chicken. No sweets though. {I'm cheating, I have eaten an extra evening snack, but I haven't had anything sweet!} I'm 'making it my own' {much to the amusement of my Hubby...} by changing it from 3 meals and 1 snack to 5 even meals throughout the day.

No workout today, spent time with Hubby, groc shopped, and he worked on the bathroom. The excitment never ends!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.