Alpha Omega Check-In 1/23/09

Good morning Everyone!
For the past two mornings, the Charles Stanley study I've been doing is called "Discovering Your Identity in Christ" (it was long, so I split it up between two days). It's awesome! There are many scriptural references about who we are In Him:

*We're adopted as His children (John 1:12, Eph 1:5)
*We're a friend of Jesus (John 15:15)
*We're accepted in Christ (Romans 15:7)
*We are one in Christ and made complete (Col 2:9-10, 1 Cor 6:17)
*We're chosen by God to bear fruit for His kingdom (John 15:6)
*Our old self is crucified with Christ (Romans 6:6)
*We're citizens of Heaven (woo hoo!!) (Phil 3:20, Col 1:13-14)
*We're part of a royal priesthood, a holy nation (1 Peter 2:9)
*We're forgiven our sins through the death of Christ (Eph 1:7, Col 2:13, 14)
*and many, many more!

I loved this study because it's so easy to define ourselves by what we do, what other's think, how well we perform, etc. But we can transform our thinking about who we are by really knowing who we are in Christ - whole and complete! That way, when we fail or want to think badly of ourselves, we remember our rock! I'm going to write out all those scriptures and dwell on them!!

Okay, today is Shred - for real!! How many days have I been saying this? ha ha I'll be back to report how it went later on.

Linda, thanks for letting me know what heart rate moniter you use, I want to get one eventually.

Iris, I'm glad you had fun at the gym! I used to workout at the gym all the time and I loved the group fitness atmosphere. (I actually use to teach classes, it was fun!) But now I really enjoy working out at home. It saves so much time away from home for me. But I completely understand how it's better for you that have that uninterrupted time and really focus on your workouts!

Okay Karen, I have to go confess my envy now over where you live!!! I am total country girl at heart. My husband and I dream of having an animal sanctuary, that sounds like the perfect place for one! How blessed you are to have that tight knit family all together on such beautiful land!!

Waves also to Becca and Lynn and anyone and everyone else who stops by!! :)

Have a blessed day all!

I felt I had to share this story. Last Sun morning I weighed myself {note to self: I am no longer allowed to weigh on Sundays!} and found I had gained a few pounds. This put me in a very bad mood and this mood continued while I did my morning Quiet Time. My devotional happened to be on Psalm 139:13-18, which talks about our bodies being fearfully and wonderfully made. Grr. Not what I was thinking that morning. I was thinking that I am fat and its getting WORSE! Okay, I'm still in a bad mood and Hubby and I go to church. Our service starts with a hymn and then a responsive reading, which this morning was taken from Psalm 139. As I hear the pastor repeat "fearfully and wonderfully made" my bad temper and disappointment melt away. Later on Sun I visited Cathe's forum for the first time in several weeks and I notice your check-in. Is it new? I seem to remember there being a Christian checkin before but then I thought it disappeared.

So today while I'm doing my Bible Study I am again sent to Psalm 139 to read about being always in God's presence and wonderfully made. Apparently, I"m going to have to keep reading this set of verses until it SINKS IN!

Hello Ladies.

Christine I printed out some of Charles Stanley's bible studies, and the one you just shared is among them. His studies are great :) Thank you for sharing them with us.

Penguin, I'm glad to see you here. The title of this thread grabbed my attention immediately, and I feel soo blessed to have this check-in. It's soo positive. I had to laugh at your story. I know how those moments can be. My old Pastor used to touch on the subject sometimes, of how maybe that morning, while we were getting ready for church, something may have happened to make us mad, and he'd say, maybe you kicked the cat on the way to church. He was from Maine and had a little bit of a country accent, and always made us laugh when he'd refer to it as kicking the cat, lol. But ultimately, it just made me realize that we are all human, lol. I hope to see you post more :)

Ugh! Back from the grocery store and other shopping. DD turns 4 on Sunday and the party is tomorrow. I will be at the massage therapist, while DH is with the kids at swim lesson so we are leaving at 10 am. Both me and the kids will finish right around 12 pm, so it we will head straight to the party site, which is just our church, for the party that starts at 1pm :eek: We will party til about 3 and then clean from 3 -4, then we will head off to a skate night that goes 5-7 (takes an hour to get there). So to say the least it should be an interesting day!:p

Okay today was the last day of Phase 2 and I am considering playing around with Providence for a week before I start Phase 3.

Superset A
BB Squats
12/12/12 -87#
One Arm Over Head Press
8/8/8 - 26#

Superset B
Static Lunge
8/8/8 - 36's
DB Pullovers
12/12/12 - 42#

Superset C
Inverted Row w/ feet on ball
12/12/12
X-Body Mountain Climbers w/ feet on ball
10/10/10 per side
Plank on Ball
30 sec. hold x 3

Then interval cardio at 30/90 ratio for 6 rounds. Then the Sitting Stretch workout from Tamilee's Flexibility for Beginners. Workout was 1:08 and I burned 463 calories (but this is a little off, because I turned the HRM off during pullovers and didn't realize it)

I really have to go now I have a ton of stuff to do to get ready for tomorrow! I think I need verses relating to patience until tomorrow.....

Linda sounds like your day is going to be jammed packed tomorrow. Happy Birthday to your daughter, and enjoy all of the festivities. My youngest daughter's BD is on Tuesday. She'll be 13.

Christine, did you say you used to teach fitness classes? What kind of classes did you teach? I always wanted to get certified in Kickboxing classes. Especially when I got into TaeBo, but I realized it would be such an expense that I'd probably only do it once and not be able to afford the yearly trips out to California for Recertification. Working out at home is very convenient, and when I don't have distractions, it's great. It's just rare that I don't get an interruption of some sort. Even if it's just my son & daughter upstairs goofing around, lol. They can drive me crazy, and to think they're not even little. They are 13 & 19. Working out in a group setting will take some getting used to again, but the good thing was, that I was back from the gym in just a little over an hour. My family couldn't even believe I was back that quickly, lol. He asked if I even went, until he took a look at my sweat dripping hair, lol. I'm a mess after a workout.

On to today's workout. I worked lower-body with Pure Strength Legs & Abs. I think that's one of Cathe's easiest leg workouts. At least for me.

Good night ladies.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.