_____12 week Challenge 3-3______

punka274

Cathlete
Good Morning Challengers!

Just getting us started,my workout for today is a LB,either GS/legs or butts and gutts,haven't done that one in a while!

bbl

Good morning everyone -

Tonight I have two exercise classes to teach: one walking intervals and the step. :)

We are getting hit with some crappy weather AGAIN, now it's freezing rain, very windy with snow mixed in for good measure. YUCK!! x( x( Where's spring, I sure hope you aren't lost on your way here. ;-)

BBL
Marcia.

Marcia-I too am wondering where is spring? Here in GA were suppose to get some crappy weather tommorrow,thunderstorms x(! We just had gusty winds/tornados last tuesday! They scare the crap out of me because we don't have a basement to hide in x(! Enjoy your classes,I wish i could come to one of your classes;-)

This week im switching up my free/rest day to sunday. Thats also the day that I will WI-measure for the month of feb and measure my Body fat %!

I don't know what was wrong with me yesterday...I was SO ill/sad! It just seemed like it took so much effert for me to smile? you girls ever get like that,i just wanted to be left alone,of course that didn't happen. Im usually the oppisite! Guess it was a hormonal day for me??

Good morning, ladies! Thanks for all the advice yesterday on 4DS. I’ve decided to use the UB sections as produced, and do it over 2 days instead of 3(for instance, this week I’m doing back, chest and shoulders one day, bis and tris the other). I appreciate all the input!!!

My 10 miler yesterday was FANTASTIC! The weather was gorgeous, so I’m glad I ran later in the day to enjoy the warmth of the sun! 10 miles took me 1:37:17, which I’m happy with. I’m really trying to concentrate on slow-n-steady during those long runs and do the HARD workout runs during the week.

Amelia & Jacque-I made a loaf of the Cabbage Meatloaf Saturday at DS’ request! He just loves it!

Amelia-chalk the moody blues up to being FEMALE! HA!

Kath-the BIKINI, hugh??? Great way to track your progress. You’re doing great! And if you don’t feel the ‘need’ for a free day, then by all means don’t take one! I’ve recently switched my free day from Sunday to Tuesday and I like it MUCH better. It falls on a weekday, which is always busy, so I don’t just sit around the house thinking about all the JUNK I can shove in my mouth! LOL Also, and I’m sorry I can’t remember…what are you training for?

I have to tell you what I made yesterday! In the crockpot, I made the EFL Pot Roast (only with onions, no carrots or potatoes). I let it cook all day, then at night I took the roast and shredded the entire thing, and tossed in the onions after I chopped them. Mixed it all together! Today I’m going to make a big tossed salad and eat the beef/onion mixture on that, AND I’m going to also use some of the meat mixture in low-carb wraps for roast beef wraps! Doesn’t that just sound YUMMY?

OK…workout is DONE! WOWZERS! Why did I wait so long to play with 4DS????? I did Chest, Back and Shoulders! YIKES! My shoulders are FRIED! I need to increase the chest/back work just a bit, but I felt the burn, that’s for sure! These shoulders are going to sport some awesome DOMS tomorrow! HA!

Gayle

Gayle-You come up with the neastest ideas with your recipes! I do have a question,why toss the carrots..do they have alot of carbs or something? Those wraps do sound yummy,and iam going to make that cabbage meatloaf for me next monday,to freeze in single servings...cant wait to try it! I tried to talk my DH into trying it but hes SO STUBBORN x(.

Oh, Amelia-the only reason I didn't put the carrots and the potatoes in the crockpot with the roast was because I ALREADY have steamed carrots and steamed potatoes in my fridge from a meal previously in the week! LOL Otherwise, I would have tossed it all in too!

Gayle

Gayle-Oh ok,i getcha;-) just wondering...

im waiting for my breakfast to digest a bit before hitting B&G's(decided on that one)

bbl

Good Morning Challengers!:)

Just put crabby DS down for his nap...lets see how that goes. He normally doesn;t take a morning nap but we had a hard night so he may take 2 naps today. That will be o.k though b/c I will actually get something done around here. Anyway, he was rubbing his eyes so I put him down. He may be up again in 5 mins though.
If he does go for a nap, I think I am going to do a circuit workout using the TM and a dvd. Im really going to push myself on the runs today. Not so much speed as hills...I think its time for a challenge:)

Ameila** Don't you mean for the month of Mar? LOL I read that on the other thread to and was thinking...doesn't she mean Mar? hehe

Marcia** Hope that weather clears up for you! I woke up to white stuff falling! Took my appetite away for a minute! LOL

Gayle** Ive had roast on salads before and it was pretty good. Having meat already cooked is soooo easy! Then you can eat pretty clean for a few days,until it is time to cook again!

I will be back to report my workout. I don't think I am doing a whole lot today. I may go to the store to get some stuff for salads and some fruit but thats about it.

Lori:)

Good morning, challengers!

I am up, the house is quiet, DH and oldest DS just left for work/school and all the little ones are still asleep. I am just enjoying a moment of peace and quiet before the real work of Monday begins.:)

My planned WO today is KPC. Over the weekend I did B&G on Sat and SPJ on Sun. I have decided to follow an old Body Blast rotation for March, since I have all those DVD's . I thought about doing the 4DS rotation (I LOVE 4DS, Gayle. I am so glad you are using it!), but I really want to work on longer cardio sessions. I need to build up my endurance. Maybe next month I will play with 4DS.

Meals today are planned as: egg whites and veggies sausage, carrots and hummus, veggie burger, protein shake, Thai Beef Stir Fry.

Amelia, I know the feeling you are describing all too well. I have battled depression since I was 12 years old. By the grace of God I have overcome it, but it still tries to rear its ugly head every now and then. As long as it's only a day and not days and weeks on end, it's probably those wonderful female hormones reeking havoc! Glad you are feeling better today. Enjoy your LB WO. I vote for B&G!!!! }(

Gayle, WTG on the 10 Miler! Your crock pot roast beef sounds yumm-o! BTW, the salsa chicken was a HUGE hit around here. DH had it for breakfast two days in a row. :D

Marcia, enjoy your classes today. I hope you don't get too hard with the "wintry mix". I am learning to hate that term this year. Spring can come any minute!

Andrea, I don't have any of the IMAX's either. I wonder if you could use LowMax in it's place (I think that is a lot of LowMax for the month, though), but it does have the interval blasts. Good luck with the March rotation. It looks like a good one.

Lori, I miss the days of two naps. Enjoy it if you get it!

Have a great day all!!!

Good Morning Everyone,

Wt in was this morning no change I have only lost one pound since we started this challenge in January, but the tape measure shows I'm done and inch in the hips and stomach since last week. On tap for tonite is Low Impact Step Cardio and Wt. premix never done it that way should be interesting an challenging. Don't have meals planned for today running late. Cold and icy here thinking soup for lunch.
Off to work have a good day everyone.

hey girls,just popping in to report my workout!

did b&g's -did everthing but the forward&side thrusting hammer punch lounges(hate them,to much like kickbox) I also didn't do the last ankle weight workout,ya know the one were your on all fours...im just exhausted by the time i get to those! All in all an hour long workout! :7 tough stuff,i also went up on the squats to 50pds-usually do 45!

ok,enough mumbling...bbl

Lorie-nope,im measuring the results from feburary this sunday....i usually do it on the 7th of every month from the previous month...i will do march on the first weekend in april! But then agian,i could look at it the way your describing too...for the month of march,lol! Iam always thinking backwards,LOL;-)

Becca-i too had some depression as a teen but like you,i have won the battle! I too worry it will come back,but then agian,im not the same person i was as a teen...meaning things don't bother me like it use too! Iam sure yesterday was a hormonal day,i do have them once or twice a month,sometimes crying too!

Quick checkin today, sorry no time for personals. I did my weight circuit this morning and boy did I work my butt off. Have a great day! I hope everyone achieves their goals today.

A friend in fitness,
Shirl

HI Gals!

Just wanted to come back and report my workout. I haven't eaten anything yet today b/c DS took a morning nap and I got right to working out. Its been along time since I have done a morning workout while he is home. Im happy b/c now we have the rest of the day to do other things. I find when I workout in the afternoon, thats it...I have no more time to do anything else. By the time I get showered and everything, its time to make dinner.

I really challenged myself with my run today so I just HAD to share. I wonder how many cals I burned?

Mile#1 (warm up)
.20 @ 5.8 (incline1%)
.20 @ 5.9
.20 @ 6.0
.20 @ 6.1
.20 @ 6.2
Seg 1 of DM (minus cardio)

Mile #2
.20 @ 6.0 (2%)
.20 @ 6.2 (3%)
.20 @ 6.4 (4%)
.20 @ 6.6 (5%)
.20 @ 7.0 (6%)
Seg 2 of DM

Mile #3
.15 @ 6.0 (2%)
.15 @ 6.2 (3%)
.15 @ 6.4 (4%)
.15 @ 6.6 (5%)
.15 @ 6.8 (6%)
.15 @ 7.0 (7%)
.10 @ 7.5 (8%)
Seg 3 of DM

Mile #4
.10 @ 6.1 (2%)
.10 @ 6.3 (3%)
.10 @ 6.5 (4%)
.10 @ 6.7 (5%)
.10 @ 6.9 (6%)
.10 @ 6.2 (4%)
.10 @ 6.4 (5%)
.10 @ 6.6 (6%)
.10 @ 6.8 (7%)
.10 @ 7.0 (8%)
Seg 4 of DM

Mile #5
.10 @ 6.0 (2%)
.10 @ 7.0 (3%)
.10 @ 8.0 (4%)
.10 @ 6.0 (3%)
.10 @ 7.0 (4%)
.10 @ 8.0 (5%)
.10 @ 6.0 (4%)
.10 @ 7.0 (5%)
.20 @ 8.0 (6%)
Seg 5 of DM

Mile #6
.10 @ 6.0 (2%)
.5 @ 6.1 (3%)
.5 @ 6.2 (4%)
.5 @ 6.3 (5%)
.5 @ 6.4 (6%)
.5 @ 6.5 (7%)
.5 @ 6.6 (8%)
.10 @ 6.7 (9%)
.10 @ 6.0 (3%)
.5 @ 6.1 (4%)
.5 @ 6.2 (5%)
.5 @ 6.3 (6%)
.5 @ 6.4 (7%)
.5 @ 6.5 (8%)
.5 @ 6.6 (9%)
.10 @ 6.8 (10%)
Seg 6 of DM

Alright, I was gonna do abs but I should probably get a shower and do abs later. DD will soon be home for lunch.

Lori

:)

Good morning Girls :) :) Hope everyone is having a fantastic Monday.

I did my 12miles. Was able to get it done in1 hour and 38 mins. Very good time for me. I'm thinking thats a 8:10 mile. Not bad for me.I also did my abs to Slim and 6pack and also triceps.

I just *sucked* down my protein drink and now it's time to get sweaty self to the shower.

I have 2 weeks left to this challenge. I'm going to start an intense one before I hit the beach :) I know running will be imnvolved :) :)

BBL

Hi everyone. Well, as excited as I was to start the March rotation I slept thru my alarm this morning. So I'll start tomorrow. I was planning to hit a kickboxing class @ the gym on Thursday evening so I can make up the missed WO pretty easily.

Becca, I do have LowMax, I could use that or do an interval program on the elliptical on Imax days. I am planning to use the elliptical on at least some of the steady state run days, though since the only times I can get out for a run are on weekends right now.

Gayle, the EFL pot roast sounds delish! My DH LOVES pot roast - maybe I should consider it. Can you post the recipe? I just feel like I have ZERO cooking time - most of my cooking prep for the week takes place on Sundays and weekday meals if not crock potted are simple quick fix things on the grill.

Lori, WOOHOO to a WO while your boy is napping. I used to do that when my DS was little. Now he just reads or something while I do my WO - DD will usually try to WO with me.

Hi to everyone else too! Sorry to post & run, but I need to try to get some real work done today. So far it's just been a lot of running around.

Have a great day! :7

Amelia - Good job on B&G!

Marcia - Maybe this snowstorm means March "came in like a lion" which means it will "leave like a lamb" and spring will FINALLY get here! Wishful thinking I know. . .

Gayle - Great job on your run!

Becca - So did you enjoy SJP? I think it was you who recently bought SB/SJP.

Roxie - Hurray for inches lost! :)

Lori - You are awesome! 8 mph on a treadmill is really moving! :)

Kath - Another great run. 12 miles - wow!

Andrea - Thanks for reminding me to checkout the March rotation. I totally forgot!

Did 4DS Kickbox cardio only plus Boot Camp core premix this morning. Still not feeling 100% so taking it easier as far as workouts go.

Sue

Sue, yes I really am enjoying SJP. It's another one of those that I was swearing and Cathe under my breath, but I got a fantastice WO. I am excited to try SB again this week.

Becca -

Once you get the choreography down the swearing will stop - I promise! LOL And then you'll really have fun with it.

Have a good night!

Sue

I made this for dinner tonight and it was FABULOUS! I didn't have any molasses so I just omitted it. Then, once my meat was cooked, I removed it and threw the cabbage, red peppers and bean sprouts in the skillet and let them cook in the juices from the beef. :9 Did I mention it was delish!!!!

Thai Beef Stir Fry
Day 2 - Serves 4
INGREDIENTS:
3/4 cup salsa (your favorite)
1/3 cup low sodium reduced fat peanut butter
2 tablespoons low sodium soy sauce
2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
1 tablespoon molasses
1 tablespoon water
1 teaspoon chili powder
1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
1/4 teaspoon black pepper
1/2 tablespoon vegetable oil
3/4 pound sirloin steak, trimmed of all visible fat and cut into strips
1 tablespoon sesame seeds, toasted if desired
2 tablespoons thinly sliced green onions
COOKING INSTRUCTIONS:
For sauce: In a medium saucepan, combine salsa, peanut butter, soy sauce, vinegar, molasses and water; bring to a boil, stirring often; reduce heat and keep warm. Meanwhile, in a large zipper-topped plastic bag, combine chili powder, ginger, garlic powder and pepper; add beef strips, seal bag and shake to coat. In a large skillet, heat vegetable oil over medium-high heat; cook and stir sirloin strips for 2 to 3 minutes, or until cooked through. Spoon the sauce onto individual dinner plates; arrange steak strips on top of sauce; sprinkle with sesame seeds, then top with green onions.
LC SERVING SUGGESTION: Serve over lightly steamed finely shredded cabbage, thin red bell pepper strips and bean sprouts.
SERVING SUGGESTION: Add Chinese noodles.
KOSHER: No changes necessary.
GLUTEN FREE: Use gluten free peanut butter and soy sauce.
NUTRITION per serving:
289 Calories; 9g Fat; 25g Protein; 14g Carbohydrate; 3g Dietary Fiber; 51mg Cholesterol; 577mg Sodium. Exchanges: 1/2 Grain (Starch); 3 Lean Meat; 1/2 Vegetable; 2 Fat. Points: 6
Copyright © 2008 Leanne Ely All Rights Reserved. May be copied for individual personal use only.
If you’d like to share, please share our free menus available on the web at www.SavingDinner.com
Body Clutter Menu-Mailer – Volume 4, Week 9

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.