_____ c & t FINALLY FRIDAY _____

Lucky me, I am having more issues this morning. I was up for half the night having some "bathroom issues" - not sure if it is a symptom of my illness or side effect of the new med. Either way, IT SUCKS! Geez, I hope I don't have to deal with this crap (pun intended) at work today!

Sorry to start us off on such a sour note!

Fridaaaaay!!! HOLLA!!!! :D:D:D:D

I have the girls' conferences this morning - looking forward to it. No other plans for the day time, possibly groceries. Tonight we are supposed to go to a surprise bday party for my SIL but it doesn't start til 7PM and that's Julia's bedtime so I don't know if we're going or not. It will depend on Julia's nap. If we do go we'll only be able to stay for about 15 minutes. Julia get waaaaay too wired/cranky if I try to mess w/ bedtime too much.

WO will be cardio/stretching/legs.

Hope everyone has a great Friday!!!! Any fun plans for the weekend? NOTHING going on here - yaaaay!

Katie, I remember I used to get mild diarrhea when my period started - maybe that's what you're dealing with? Hope you get feeling better!

Morning Katie, so sorry about your continued issues. I love how Kate doesn't remember symptoms that go along with her period. I agree though, sometimes it's worse for me when I am early on. Seems like everything is just "looser." (Sorry, that's kind of tmi).

Kate, sounds like you woke up happy this morning! Enjoy the conferences. I look forward to those times when my kids are in school. I really wish I could have them with their current teachers - instead I just occasionally ask how they're doing but I don't feel like I ever get a good answer! Enjoy your plan-free weekend!

This morning was MMA Kickboxing which I really enjoyed the 2nd time around. It was fun. I wanted to do extra drills from KM but I have a slight cold and my cardio capacity isn't what it needs to be to add those in. Plus I had some homework I needed to get done before I picked the girls up.

This afternoon I have to spend mostly studying and doing a little bit of cleaning. Pretty exciting. Also washing towels!

Have a great day everyone!

Another Shout out to FRIDAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Guess what I did last night ? I bought a spinning bike !! Sam's Club had one that I'd been watching. In Jan. it was $500 and then in Feb. they took $100 off and we went yesterday to buy it and they had taken another $100 off !!!!! Great deal and I can't wait to try it out.

More lighter cardio today- so I think I'm doing a cardio based Tai Chi workout by Janis Saffell and then stretching !!!

16 degrees here this morning !!!!!! Unbelievable !

I'll bbl later. Hi Everyone !!!

Becky

Happy Friday!

Sorry I was MIA yesterday. I was in a foul mood-the girls' behavior has been givng me fits. Then I spent 2 hours grcoery shopping, went out to lunch with my friend, came back here for a short playdate and finally started my workout at 6:30! Week 3 of Meso 2 C/S/T was so hard-is 16 sets of chest exercises really necessary? Today is legs and I woke up to both Nevena and I having accidents in our beds-tmi sorry. And I think I have a sinus headache-kinda dull and achy. Blah! Nothing on tap for today-maybe we'll have family movie night tonight:) Tomorrow is my boxing class and the two little ones might spend the night at my parents' cause they're going to a muiscal on Sunday afternoon:) D will be up north again all weekend working on the cottage. Ok, enough about me!

Katie, I feel your pain. I've been waking up to go to bed with waves of nausea that make me think I'm goin got be sick-but I just end up in the bathroom-at 11:30 pm! Hope you feel better soon!

Kate, I wish we got spring conferences. We have them in November when school has barely started. I wish my kids had a 7 pm bedtime!;)

Angie, hope you get lots of studying done! I'm already doing laundry-sheets!

Becky, great buy!! HAve a good workout!

Angie, I haven't had a period since January 2008!:D:D:D
Our preschool teacher did a conference at the end of the school year - I loved it!
I like MMA KB too - I tend to pull it out when I'm kind of low energy and before I know it I'm puttin gmy all into it. Hope you get feeling better!

Becky, BRRRRR!!!
SCORE on the bike! That's great!

Klaudia, Sorry for the drama - girls, beds, etc!:confused::confused:
I love our spring conferences. We have the Nov ones too.
Enjoy your night tonight & all weekend too! sorry D is going to be away.

-
3 girls in the tub - better go tend to em!

Morning Becky! So exciting about the spin bike. Not sure I'd be able to do it at home. Need the energy of the music/class. Hope you enjoy it.

Klaudia, sorry about all the home issues. I hear you on dealing with kids. Sometimes I think I'm going to pull my hair out. My girls have been extra sweet lately. So, I guess that's good. 16 sets of chest? Geesh! I'm really going to have to build up to STS. I finally feel like I've got myself into a "lifting" groove better than any time in my life. I really hope I start to see some results from it.

Kate, 3 girls in the tub. My 2 barely fit together. They both just want to lie down and "swim." I think I'm feeling OK. I'm determined to get through this winter without getting sick. Just need to listen to my body. Amazingly, I haven't had to take any wo days off due to being sick. That's never happened to me during the winter!

Girls back at school, went to the post office and the mairie (town hall) to buy lunch tickets for girls. Cleaned up lunch, now it's back to studying.

Later...

Wah! I need to whine (and I know you all will understand). I went to the doctor yesterday because my big toe was bothering me. Guess what? I either have a stress fracture or a bone bruise. Whatever it is, no impact for at least 2 to 3 weeks. No running, no step, no kickboxing and NO TAP! I'm already a week behind in my half marathon training (it's on May 16), so now I'll be 5 weeks behind. My doctor is a runner, too, and he said I'll have to do a different race. He told me there's no way I'll be able to train enough for it once my toe heals. Boo hiss. I am so bummed. And then I found out J is going to be at this thing I was planning to go to tonight. I was all excited about it because it's in this cool old building downtown (Knapps, Kate) that I've never been in and I wanted to see it. But now I don't know if I want to go. A bunch of his co-workers will be there too and I'm friends with them, but it will just be weird and awkward and yucky. Needless to say, yesterday was not a good day. But the happy thing? I talked to TCB last night. Mmmmmmmm....he is *so* dreamy. I just want to run away to a tropical island with him and forget about all the crap in my life. Is that bad?

Sorry for being selfish--I'll bb for personals.

anne

Anne, BUMMER + BUMMER! That's so disappointing about your toe. I would be so annoyed. I didn't know you were training for a 1/2! I'm so sorry you'll miss it.

And I would say if it's going to bother you that J is there tonight, don't go. But if it's really important to you, just go and write TCB on your hand so any time you get annoyed, you can just remember his dreaminess.

Oh, anatomy lectures, how they make me sleepy at 3:15 p.m. Gotta get a snack to up the blood sugar and crack open those books again. Time to learn the cranial bones... yay.

Good Morning Everyone!

I am so glad it is Friday. I really need the weekend. I have been exhausted all week and today is no different. I decided not to run last week because I have been so tired all week. I think it is just my period but I am not usually this tired for so long. Hopefully the weekend will help. No workout today but I might do bi's and back tonight. We'll see how I feel when I get home from work.

Kate, glad today is a better day for you. I hope you hear lots of good news at the girls conferences.
Katie, I hope you feel better. The Z-pack is evil and I won't let the dr. prescribe it for me. My sister is a pharm rep and told me evil things about it.
Angie, I am glad you are having a healthy winter after being so sick last year.
Becky, that is great about your spinning bike. Are you going to get some DVD's?
Klaudia, I hate all those sets in M2. It makes the workout so long. I am really enjoying this week because the workouts are much shorter.
Anne, sorry about the stress fracture and not being able to run your race. I don't have any advice for tonight but maybe bring a friend so it is not as awkward?
Nina, the race is a 10K and it's easy because it is mostly flat or downhill. I have always wanted to do it but it always falls around DH's birthday (also at the end of April).
Clintonya, glad the day flew by for you yesterday.
Lisa, sorry to hear about your dad's illness. I hope you get better soon!

Katie, hope that goes away for you soon, no fun having to go to work like that :(

Kate, I always hated having to mess up the bedtimes too – it seemed like it would take days to get back on sched!

Angie, studying can put you right to sleep Most of my classes have involved writing papers which is slightly better for staying awake :)

Sorry Anne, that was an all around bad day!:( Glad you got to talk to TCB, you need something good after a day like that :) I like Angie’s advice :)

Becky, that’s a great deal on the bike! I know you will enjoy it!

Klaudia, I saw your fb post about the dizziness, all this sickness is a PIA! Hope you and Nevana feel better soon! A movie night sounds like fun!

Robin, is your internet still messing up?

Colleen, hope you can get some rest this weekend!

HI Nina, Wendy, Becky Sue, & Lisa!

I will add myself to the glad it is Friday group! This has been a long week! We will be leaving this afternoon to drive down to Winston-Salem for Jasmin’s last dance competition. We will be there until Sunday, so not sure if I will be able to check-in-my laptop is on the verge of crashing! I am taking mma boxing and travel fit. Hope everyone has a great Friday!

Clintonya

Angie and Colleen, I plan to use the bike with my iCYCLES and CC's . I definitely need the music and instruction !! Keith on iCYCLE is especially good for biking . Any other suggestions for DVDS or biking workouts ??

Colleen, what do you hear bad about the Zpac ???? I ASK for it whenever I have a sinus infection because it wipes it out fast (for me) with no side effects !
Now I'm nervous !!

I did kickbox/tai chi with janis and it was good but not very intense AT ALL. I didn't sweat, didn't really get my heart rate up so I sort of feel like I cheated / didn't really get in a workout at all. :(
Still will stretch later.......

Am baking chocolate chip cookies for my daughter now, so better get back to it.

Colleen, sorry you've been so tired. I can totally relate. The past few nights I've gone to bed super early and can't figure out why. Usually I'm not that tired but lately around 9, I'm done! That's hard b/c the kids don't go to bed until 8 so we don't get much time alone. Hopefully you feel rested enough to do your wo tonight but don't push it.

Clintoya, enjoy your weekend at the competition. I think doing stuff like that with our girls will be so fun but I'm sure it's exhausting too.

Becky, I think iCYCLE would be fun. Hope you enjoy your spin bike. CC cookies... YUM.

Debating what to have for dinner... thinking bfast. Maybe omelets.

mornin ladies... another quick one from me, sorry. I'm not feeling so hot and I'm hosting family in town because there is a huge sweet 16 for my niece tomorrow. Arguing with DH last night, YUCK. I've got a wicked headache today (from that or Im getting sick, donno).

workout yday was good. 25 mins ellip, squats, plies, and calves on the leg press machine, some light upper body and then I took a yoga class at the gym, not my fave but it wasnt half bad considering I would not be able to get thru a class at the yoga studio with my elbow right now. today no wo yet, I am just feeling blah. I am out walking though. its a nice day and at least I;m moving.

the day has to get better, right?!?!?

another blah person here! said good bye to my friend today and i am sad and lonely. family drama is going on and i hate it. my bys are being a bit unruly and crazy and i am tired of coping alone. the pluses? i got in a long run this am. and i think i am calling a sitter for sunday. i work tomorrow, i have to clean, and i am frankly tired!

katie, sorry for the gi upset. some abs just do not work for one person.

kate, enjoy a peaceful weekend.

klaudia, are yu going to the dr? family movie night sounds good. i miss my other half!

anne, hugs to you. a stress fracture sucks! what is more important to you right now - tap or running? i am worried in 2 weeks if you go back to tap and runnign it will happen again. kwim? do oyu like the pool? i think you got great advice for tonight. any chance you and tcb will plan a weekend meet up?

becky, score on the bike!! what have you been using so far for cycling?

clintonya, what are you doing this weekend?

angie, ihear yza on being tired. i have been up too late with my friend all week and i am afraid of being too tired tomorrow at work.

wendy, hope the company goes well.

i wanted to do some strength wo this afternoon but i feel so grumpy. also, i ate too much granola and pb. yeah, i know i complain about my weight too:eek: but, last night we got takeout and my friend got 2 beautiful desserts - carrot cake and a choc pie. i had 1 tiny bite of each and that is it! tooo bad i blow it all today. bbiab

ugh Nina !! Sorry you are feeling lonely and alone. It's hard when visitors leave and suddenly it's quiet !!!!
My solution to EVERYTHING if I lived where you do would be to GO TO THE BEACH ! Just SEEING makes me calmer ! And a good walk on the beach makes everything better !

I have a recumbant bike that I've been using. I'm going to surprise my mom and give it to her. She has an OLD, rickety bike in her basement and she used to love to ride it but it's falling apart, so I'll give her mine, which is in great shape , has programs on it or you can use it manually. Plus , it being recumbant and that big padded seat is far more comfortable than her old one ! I think she'll be excited !

I was in a GREAT mood all morning. I mean, It's a SUNNY Friday after all. but now my DD can't find a sitter so she isn't sure she can go spinning (and I can't go without her, since I use a visitor pass at her gym) and DH just told me he has to work tomorrow ! :( I feel the weekend slipping away.........
Hopefully I can at least get my bike together before tomorrow so I can spin on my own if I can't go to class.

I hope everyone feels better as the day goes on.....

Thanks, guys, I knew you'd understand. I have my foot elevated here at work and I'm wearing flat/comfy shoes. The dr asked if I could wear tennis shoes to work and I said, "Well, I can, but I won't. Have you seen my new hair?" But I am wearing super sensible, cushioned shoes.

Nina, my doc did recommend the pool or the bike, but I don't have a gym membership. Maybe I should look into getting a cheap one. Tap is more important than running right now, as I have the recital in June. My goal is to get my toe healthy by the end of March and then I'll still have April and May to learn the dances and get caught up. And, yes TCB and I are trying to figure out when we can get together, but both of our schedules are pretty crazy. I'm trying to convince him to take next week off work and come out here Thu-Sun. We'll see.

Wendy, sorry you're not feeling well and arguing with DH. That's no fun. Great work out, tho! Don't you feel better after you do something? I did Disc 21 from STS last night and it helped my mood a lot.

Angie, how is your studying going? Thanks for the good advice. I'm thinking I'll go for the beginning of the event tonight and if it's uncomfortable I'll just leave. I do know it's sold out, so maybe it will be easy to avoid the people I don't want to see.

Becky, how are those cookies? Have you tried any? You'll love having a spin bike. My ex has one and I used to watch Cathe videos while I rode it.

Clintonya, have fun on your trip this weekend. If this is the last one does it mean you get to stay home more? Or do you just have other stuff you'll have to do?

Colleen, I hope you're not coming down with something. Can you rest up this weekend?

Kate, how were conferences? I'm sure your girls are doing great.

Klaudia, I hope today is better for you. It sounds like were both in a slump yesterday. What movie do you think you'll watch tonight? Maybe I'll come see you instead of going to that other thing. :p

Katie, are you feeling any better? You poor thing. When it rains it pours, huh? At least that's what seems to happen in my life.

Hi Lisa and drBecky! Robin, is your cable out again?

Okay, TCB sent me a pic today and all I can do is stare at it instead of getting any work done. I am useless this week! I told him the other day it was a good thing I had the week on the boat to think about him because I can't concentrate on anything at all. It's just pathetic, but there you go. All right, I'm going to go to lunch and be productive ALL afternoon.

anne

Taking a break before I head down to do STS disc 20-Tri-Sets in a little bit. Good day today:) Got lots of cleaning and laundry done, eats are clean and tidy, and the sun is shining!! I've been sititng on the computer looking for bedding-we want to repaint our room-dove gray I think and I want all new stuff to go with.

Angie, how's the studying? What did you have for dinner? I'm at a loss for tonight's meal. Yeah, 69 minutes of lifting for 3 body parts is an awful lot! And somehow I don't feel like it's making a difference in how I look or how strong I'm supposed to be getting, but I keep plugging away.

Anne, what a bum deal on your foot! Maybe you can scrap the 1/2 training and come to Rochester this summer and do that run with me and Kate?:) I so get the not wearing sneakers to work!;) You know you're welcome anytime!

Colleen, what week are you on? Hope you get some rest!

Clintonya, I feel better, thanks. I think it's the change in temperature. Good luck to Jasmin!! And take pics!

Wendy, yuck about he bad night. Hope today is going better for you. My friend is not taking the boxing class with me this month because of her elbow:(

Nina, when does DH come home? I hope Darrin can stay awake for 2 movies-we'll do one for the kids and one for us-have to go see what's playing. I shared a dessert with my gf on Sunday-but I didn't have two tiny bites!:eek:

Becky, hope your weekend turns out!

Kate, how'd conferences go?

just watching the grey's dvr episode from last night. i am not mindlessly munching, so that is good!

klaudia, what was your dessert? i want to see that colin firth movie. what will you all watch as a family. i feel like watching a movie with the boys, but i feel guilty. i have been a b&%ch today:(:(
anne, ask about using the pool for just a month - that is what i did with my foot. i actually paid 2$ a visit. great attitude about tonight - i admire that so much.

becky, thanks for the nice words. i do want to go to the beach - maybe monday evening - too much to do today and the weekend with work. wanna come too???

will go do some yoga shortly. that is good enough for today.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.