7 Day Eat Clean Challenge -- May 18

carrie123

Cathlete
TGIF...Weekends aren't long enough;)

Hope everyone has a great clean eating day.

I have my day pretty much mapped out with my trusty "You on a Diet" menus. I'm making yummy ginger chicken with rice pilaf for dinner.

Dinner is always the hardest meal for me, so if I can get a plan and stick to it, even it's just for dinners, that's a big big step in the right direction for me:):):)

Well, gotta get going to work, take care everyone:)

Carrie

020706_10006740003.gif

http://www.3fatchicks.net/img/bar072/slider-but5/lb/209/145/182.0/.png[/image][/link]

http://www.picturetrail.com/uid6743693"

Hi, Carrie! My problem with dinner is that I am a light eater all thru the day, but then the hunger hits me at dinner time. So what I've been concentrating on all this week is to balance out my calories between lunch and dinner (and night snack). I find that calorie-loading at the end of the night really brings on the urges and binges. My secret, too, is always to have a homemade soup on hand to just warm up. Works great.

How’s your weather forecast??? We’re expecting rain today right on thru to Monday.

Any fun weekend plans??? My older DS made the All Star team for his baseball league, and the games are Saturday and Sunday. But with the forecast, I think there may be a problem. Boo hoo. Lol He’s so excited. His first all star ‘appearance’!

FINALLY got a good night’s sleep last night, even though I woke up twice to the cat knocking on the door. Lol got up early for a 5 mile run and Core Max 3.

Today's menu:
B: smoothie
L: salad with turkey and cheese (no dressing)
S: apple
D: pasta e faglioli soup and ww bagel
S: yogurt (maybe with Kashi cereal)

I’ve gotta hit and run this morning. As soon as the kids get on the bus, I’ll be starting younger DS’ bedroom with the first coat of paint! EXCITED ABOUT IT too!

Gayle

Hello everyone!

I never checked in yesterday but I'm happy to report that, while I had a dietary slip up, it was slight and not even enjoyable -- lol! I was served FF with a sandwich. There were only a few and they were dry and barely warm -- ICK! Of course I ate them anyway -- LMAO! I've been on top of my workouts, too, and this is the area where I have trouble following through. I don't post in the Haters thread for nothing!

I'm about to eat breakfast -- whole grain 5 seed toast with NPB, then I'm headed for the mall where I expect to spend most of the day. I need vibes to avoid the food court. This mall doesn't offer many healthy food choices but I'll do my best. I haven't decided on my dinner yet.

I have GS C&T on tap for this evening.

Have a great day!!

Good Morning!
This is Day 5 for me, and it is getting easier to eat "clean," for the most part. However, this week has been hectic, and I've only been able to work out twice so far. I'd love to combine a week of clean eating with a week of great workouts, but maybe next week will be better. Today, my breakfast was two Kashi waffles and some coffee. No clue as to lunch, but I've got to have real will power this afternoon--I'm making chocolate chip cookies for DS's end-of-season soccer picnic, and we're also having pizza! I'll try to eat one slice of pizza and NO cookies!! If I have even one cookie, it'll lead to several, so I can't start! May not get to work out today, either, so I'll have to hit it hard in the morning. Have a great Friday!
Valerie:)

Hey, Ladies,

Yesterday went pretty well. I added 2 rice cakes in the evening because the kids kept leaving the Chex Mix lying around and the Chex Mix was speaking to me.:+
This has really been an ideal(meaning easy) week for me to try this challenge; that changes this Saturday night. I need to go to a semi-formal dinner and have no idea what will be served.:eek: ! Oh, except I am sure there will be some sort of alcohol.:eek: :eek: ! I don't know if I can keep it to one glass of wine, but if I have 2, will I care about eating clean?

Today:
B oatmeal and berries
S melon, rice cake
L salad with leftover grilled salmon
S plain yogurt with berries
D roast chicken, potatoes and carrots
S pineapple

Gayle, I love painting rooms. Hope your painting is enjoyable.

Michelle, I'll try sending out some "walk past the food court vibes." Will you send some "put that glass of wine down" vibes Saturday night please?

Everyone have a great day!

iris123

Hey how is everyone this a.m.,

Didn't post for 2 days, as I was out of the office. But I did pretty good the days off.

Today's w/o: Day 2/Phase 1/P90X (Plyometrics)}(.

Breakfast:
Protein shake w/banana, blackberries.

Snack:
Protein bar

Lunch:
Grilled chicken caesar salad

Snack:
?????

Dinner:
Recovery shake

Have a good weekend.
Haydee

Last night I really pumped it up. (so proud)
Bi’s --4 sets 8/10 reps w/30 bb 3 set w/35 bb, nice huh!
Tri’s kickback–3 sets 8/10 reps and 2 sets of 32 tri work on floor with one leg lifted

This morning, KPC + B&G abs & inner outer leg work

Today’s Eatery:
1 Tbsp flax oil w/ vitamins
M1: 4 egg whites, 2 slices WW bread, Tbsp on cheese, tbsp jelly
M2: cabbage w/corn bread stove top stuffing
M3: 2c of watermelon
M4: salmon w/broccoli
M5: 1c cheerios w/ff soy milk

For whatever the reason, having a hard time eating meat, think it’s a getting older thang, not sure. But, I have been trying to eat this same piece of salmon the past two days, If I don’t eat it today in the garbage it goes. Maybe I find something else to eat once I get home. I'm heading to Giant Eagle on lunch to buy some goodies, vegetable pancake, and meatless burgers, when meat just won’t do. You guys have a great weekend and be extra safe, God bless!

Teddygirl~

Hello clean eaters club. Slept in again this morning - don't know why I'm so tired lately. But did manage to get in BC - haven't done it in a while and I like it a lot.

B: Berries, as usual, Cinch shake w. ff soy milk
S: Almonds, tea
L: Salad

BBL after getting drill team going and my own DDs off to girl scout camp.

Lorrie

www.picturetrail.com/lsass

I'll be walking the Komen 3-day (60 miles) the week after Cathe's RT. To view my webpage go to: https://www.kintera.org/faf/donorReg/donorPledge.asp?ievent=202302&supid=166016627

Gayle, congratuations to your son:) I hope the weather behaves itself:) I used to love painting the kids rooms, but my hands hurt so much from holding the darn brushes and rollers, oh well, borders are nice too:)

I have kept my portions nice and balanced today. Now that dinner is almost here, I'm not near as hungry as I would have been.

Carrie

020706_10006740003.gif

http://www.3fatchicks.net/img/bar072/slider-but5/lb/209/145/182.0/.png[/image][/link]

http://www.picturetrail.com/uid6743693"

Day 6 for me! Going strong, but I CANNOT WAIT until Sunday when I get to eat what I want!

breakfast: dry cereal, lf vanilla yogurt, berries

lunch: turkey sandwich, lettuce, tomato, light mayo, string cheese

dinner: egg rolls and broccoli

workout: TBS upper body, Core Max

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.