7 Day Eat Clean Challenge -- May 17

CollinsMom

Cathlete
Good Luck today, ladies! Today is day 5 for me, feels like day 500, but I am hangin' in there! Seeing some results too!

Off to hang out with Cathe & the crew for BM2 -- MY FAV!

So I was a slug and slept through my 4:15 w/o this morning - must have been the peanut butter cookie dragging me down. But today is fresh so I know I can be back at it today!

B: raspberries, blackberries, Cinch shake.

Planned w/o for today is DM cardio/leg premix, and floor work from B&G and PS legs along with B&G abs. Hopefully an 8 or 10 mile walk too, but time may be a factor (now I remember why I get up at 4:15 to workout:) ) BBL to update. Good luck all.

(Hey Gayle - thanks for the words of encouragement about the walk - I've been beginning to doubt my ability to do it lately, so your timing was perfect. Would it be ok if I pm'd you with some questions later on?)

Lorrie

www.picturetrail.com/lsass

I'll be walking the Komen 3-day (60 miles) the week after Cathe's RT. To view my webpage go to: https://www.kintera.org/faf/donorReg/donorPledge.asp?ievent=202302&supid=166016627

Collinsmom-enjoy BM2.....that step portion is my current fave!

Lorrie-ABSOLUTELY!!!!!!!!!! I'd be glad to help in any way I can. And the doubting yourself is completely normal. I've run 1 full marathon, 3 halves, and several smaller races...and each and everytime, there's nerves!

OK....I finished yesterday strong and relatively clean! I follow Weight Watchers, so although pizza is not technically 'clean', it did fall within my daily points. Pizza and a salad were dinner, and a late snack was Kashi with Silk soy milk.

This morning's workout was S&H Legs, then Billy's Boot Camp Basic Training...3/4 of that one since I was running out of time. I'm heading outside for a 30 minute walk with a friend, in just a bit. Then I'll be making a pot of Pasta e Faglioli (sp???). YUM!

Today's menu, planned:
B: smoothie
S: banana
L: Pasta e Faglioli soup
S: WW bagel or mini turkey wrap
D: Pasta e Faglioli soup with a lean meat on the grill (depending on what the boys want to eat tonight)

Have a good one!!!!!!!

Gayle

:) Day 5 here too.
Tonight the kids will have me in all directions: orthodontist, piano, baseball, and school meeting. So, I'm glad to have leftovers for dinner.

workout will be the LIC body sculpt premix
B-oatmeal and berries
S-those cherry tomatos that Michelle keeps posting about!
L-quinoa salad, melon
S-berries with plain yogurt
D-leftover grilled goodies of salmon, sweet potato, and asparagus, maybe a pear

Have a great day everyone!

I just ordered the "Fit and Fast" recipe book from Prevention, I hope there are some yummy "clean" meal ideas in there for my whole family. Anyone else have any good recipe books they can recommend???

Carrie:)

020706_10006740003.gif

http://www.3fatchicks.net/img/bar072/slider-but5/lb/209/145/182.0/.png[/image][/link]

http://www.picturetrail.com/uid6743693"

Good morning :)

This morning, I did MIS upper + hour jog on my TM. Tonight, doing a little free styling may as well, I have 2 loads to wash.

1 segment from Coremax
Biceps 3 sets w/35 lb barbells
Triceps kickback 3 sets w/8 lb
Triceps dips 2 sets of 32

I always start my day with 1 Tbsp of flax oil w/vitamins

M1: 2 slice of whole wheat lite bread w/3 egg whites tbsp of jelly
M2: 1 c flax cereal w/8 oz’s of ff soy milk w/tbsp of PP
M3: eggplant w/ veggie pancake
M4: veggie salad w/1/4 c cottage cheese w/1/2 of peaches and 8 croutons
M5: grilled salmon & broccoli ( I may or may not eat this depending on how I’m feeling when I get home.

Any suggestions? I need to lose about 4 lbs

Teddygirl~

Teddygirl---you did MIC and THEN an hour jog??? WOWzers! LOL Are you eating ENOUGH calories????

Carrie-I love soups, so I'm always scouring cookbooks for their soup, stew and chili sections! LOL Please make sure to let us know how that cookbook is! As for recommendations....I like the Good Housekeeping Vegetarian Meals cookbook. I borrow it from my library all the time, and in fact, just NOW got done making the Pasta e Faglioli soup from there. Also, I just requested that my library get 400 Best-Ever Soup cookbook. We'll see how that one is. I'm always on the lookout for new cookbooks too!

Gayle

He Gayle,

Not MIC but MIS that's upper body, MIC which I have never done is cardio, and it is a toughie too I am so very afraid of MIC.

Ok, today is much better for me! WEnt on the walk again. I'll do Power hour later on. I might even go for a leisurely bike ride tonight with my son and husband. We'll see. They might just want to go the two of them.

B: steal cut oatmeal w/ light vanilla soy milk
L: Yummy salad, spinach, feta cheese, sliced apples and slivered almonds
S: strawberries and blueberries
D: Salmon w/ steamed broccoli

May or may not have a snack later on after dinner. We'll see.

I have to say this though, I have no want to eat any junk even after just 3 days. I used to put sugar free syrup on my oatmeal in the morning, I didn't need it at all this morning. Feeling really good!

Kathy

Hi everyone. Sounds like everyone is doing well. I'm hanging in there too. Last night I was craving chocolate, so I had a sugar free choc. pudding w/ splenda. That satisfied it somewhat. Tonight I'm going to a neighbor's house for one of those direct marketing type parties, and she's serving everything chocolate. I don't think I can be strong on this one haha. We'll see.

Workout last night was LIC total body premix and a 30 minute walk

B - Kashi cereal, milk, 1% latte
S - Almonds and raisins
L - Left over chicken with green beans
S - Strawberries and Yogurt
D - Caesar Salad??

Okay, looking at each of your food intake for today and compared to mines, seems although, I’m eating to much.

I bring lots of food to my job keep in frig because I never know what I want to eat.

I haven’t had M3 yet but working on it. I have gone from 5 meals to 4. I need your input trying to lose 4lbs any suggestions. So far this is what I’ve had.

M1: 2 slice of whole wheat lite bread w/3 egg whites tbsp of jelly
M2: 1 c flax cereal w/8 oz’s of ff soy milk
M3: Spinach Salad w/1/4 c cottage cheese, red peppers, 10 croutons and raspberry pecan ff dressing

Teddygirl~

Hi Everyone,

Day five for me too! Woo-hoo! I am starting to notice some changes too! I am really excited to keep going after the seven days. Maybe I'll finally reach my goal of being able to see my six pack! Tired of all the hard work and hiding it all under the fat!

Linda

Today went well for me food-wise, workout-wise it was not so hot...

breakfast: whole grain honey wheat toast, light margarine, apple slices

lunch: tuna salad sandwich with lettuce, tomato, and red onion, lf string cheese

dinner: I WENT OUT TO EAT -- and order grilled chicken, plain, steamed broccoli

workout: BM2 -- I made it thru the warm up, step combos 1 and 2, then went back to the warm up before I quit -- I felt like CRAP!

Getting ready to finish out the day with Lower Body before Grey's!!

Ok, I must admit..I am an Eat Clean Challenge drop out. x( I have had a bowl of ice cream (light..but still...far from clean) and a little piece of cake every single night this week. How frustrating! I can't even do this for a week. On the bright side, I'm eating much better overall than I was a month ago, and my workouts are more consistent. Baby steps I suppose!

Great job to everyone who is sticking with it. Keep it up!!

lisa

Ok - back at it.

B: as posted
S: green tea, almonds
L: whey protein w/ ff soy milk
S: salad (greens, cucumber, turkey bacon, low fat ginger dressing
D: Cinch shake and bar, green tea, pomegranite tea

After being a slug and sleeping in I missed my walk (did a 2-mile on the TM only :() but did DM cardio/leg premix, B&G floorwork premix (is Cathe really that evil that she put the floor ankle weight work on here 2x?) and PS legs floorwork and abs.

Friday is usually my cheat day but given those peanut butter cookies yesterday, I'll aim to be clean tomorrow.

Lisa - if you're doing better this month than last, you're doing better. Keep going.

Lorrie

www.picturetrail.com/lsass

I'll be walking the Komen 3-day (60 miles) the week after Cathe's RT. To view my webpage go to: https://www.kintera.org/faf/donorReg/donorPledge.asp?ievent=202302&supid=166016627

I'm just now checking in, and it's 1:15 am! I did well until I got the munchies in the afternoon. I'm blaming it on pms. Tomorrow is another day, right?!:)
Valerie

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.