6 monthers Sunday Checkin

FourAM

Cathlete
Or should I say 5 monther check in;)

It sounds like some things have changed since I was able to check in last. I was wondering about meso 3 repitition myself and was also thinking about doing it once through. I have already done all the plyo legs once before in meso 1. I added them as an extra to that week so I know they work well in a double rotation. I was thinking of doing that same thing. This week is my rest week so I have time to think a bout it.

I have been so busy around here and today it will be no different. I am going to try to find a cold quinoa salad recipe that I can prepare for my lunch next week and I am making a healthier version of lasagna for DH tonight and freeze some for a go to meal for him. I felt guilty that all last week I had go to meals after work and he had to prepare something each day for himself. It is hard when you come home and you are worn out. The last thing you want to do is cook and clean. The worst part for me is that he would lay out something. Most of the time some sort of red meat...and then only eat that. By weeks end his energy was zapped. I told him it was his diet but he said it was getting too much SLEEP!:rolleyes: I do not belive there is such a thing. Of course I go to bed a 8:30 and get up at 4. Since we have been workoing regular now this same sleeping pattern seeps into the weekend.

I have to go for now but I will BBL to let you all know about the quinoa salad!

Rachel

Hi, Rachel. I started us too! :)

here's my copy and paste:

I can't type. My arms are all wiggly and I can't control my fingers too well. Just finished Disc 28 Chest & Back! Yowzers! What a difference 5% makes. But guess what....I DID IT!!! Some of these weights, I just can't believe are THIS heavy and yet I'm still able to do 7 reps! What an awesome workout set Cathe has given us. I can't wait for you ALL to be in Meso 3 (and near the end of this long journey).

I hope today finds everybody healthy, HAPPY, focussed and IN CONTROL.
What's your plan for the day???

Our day starts off with a basketball game for DS. However, I'm not sure he's playing. At practice on Friday he tweeked something along the back/side of his foot....yes, the broken foot. Not quite exactly his Achilles but along the side between that and the bone that protrudes. He SAYS it's a bit better each day, but he was quite weepy last night as we iced it and I think he's really upset by this whole thing. I don't blame him. So I'll see how he feels but I don't think he'll be running the court today. He DID play his baseball game yesterday and pitched 2 full innings and looked awesome and strong, but again, he's not running when he pitches. ANYWAY....after that we'll visit the sister of the boy who just died, and then I must cut the grass (SUPER YUCKO) yet again. Then dinner on the grill and laundry tossed in there throughout the day.

Time to shower and get the day started in my home!

Gayle

Did a nice 5 mile run along the river with my friend this morning. Fun! DH is out doing a 20 miler as his marathon is in 2 weeks!

Yesterday was dd's piano recital, I was so proud of her she played Burlesque in G Major, and did fantastic! She was also a hostess so stood at the microphone to introduce some of the other kids! I can't believe how well the kids are doing. Her class "graduated" this year from their 5 year program, Music for Young Children, so they did it from ages 4-8. Two more weeks till she writes her Grade 1 music exam!

We had such a busy day yesterday as ds had two hockey games, swimming lessons and the piano recital. Today is much quieter, just workouts and church. Two more weeks and all these extracurricular activites for the kids and DH's marathon will be done!:D:D:D So looking forward to everything wrapping up!

Cendrien How's your DH feeling today? Does he have some DOMS?

Gayle Oh no on the foot! Hopefully it's just some healing pain. My ds still gets pain at times.

Rachael Enjoy your rest week!
Kim

Hi Guys,

Rest day today and recovery week next week for me. I'm looking forward to meso 3! I'm not sure I'll have heavy enough weights for the squats... but I'll improvise.

So guys, remember how I was switching things up eating wise doing a menu plan with a good serving of healty fat for every of my five meals? Rember how it was supposed to help shed the belly fat aka visceral fat? Well, I don't know if it's the diet or the weight I lost but my stomach is flattening out! I can hardly believe it! Maybe it is the smaller volumes due to more calorie dense foods vs lots of produce? I don't know but I like what I see! Whooohooo!

Gayle, I'm sorry your son already tweaked his foot after getting the green light! I hope he recovers quickly!

Rachel, I kind of end up waking up at five on weekends too, even though I don't have to, but my body is so used to it from during the week that I just end up waking up too. Ever since starting on the liquid natural vitamins two months ago, I feel like I've been needing a tad less sleep, I like that because I have so many things I can do with the extra time! So do you think you could talk your hubby into taking these vitamins? Maybe that would help balance out some of the lack of healthy eating for him. I got mine at vitacost.com, the vitamin is by Liquid Health and is the complete multi vitamin. It's kind of tasty and fun to take that way.

I hope you found a good quinoa recipe! I have some in the pantry waiting to be used too.... I have a recipe for a yummy cereal. I figured I could just use quinoa for any other grain based salad recipe. What did you end up making?

We are planning to go on a bikeride this afternoon as a family and stop at the frozen yoghurt place afterwards. should be fun!

Here is my post from earlier too:

Good Morning everyone. It still is morning right?!?!:p

I am off to do the first squat rack legs. I am not feeling that great but I am going to attempt it anyway. My throat has been bothering me since yesterday afternoon. I will check back later.

Cendrine-that is awesome your husband did disc 1. Is he going to continue? I will be curious to know how he feels after all those pushups:p.

Gayle- I hope your son is okay. He might be more upset/scared than actually hurt. Keep us posted.

BBL
chrissy
progress.gif

Last edited:
I just finished squat rack legs- not sure if I liked it. Not enough variety. And I am not sure about those front squats. I have never done them before so I felt I went light but I felt it more in my core than my legs. And the rest periods seem to take forever. I felt like it was more rest than work.:confused: But as Gayle said, we should trust Cathe she knows what she is doing!!

Cendrine- I am glad you are getting great results. That is so awesome. WTG!!!:D The RT is 7/31-8/2....a whole weekend of exercise with the master herself:p:):D:p:):D:eek:.

Gayle- Have you heard from Gerry? I read his post. Are we still going or are we going to reschedule?

chrissy

First off, I was afraid that was going to happen, Gayle! I mean you and I starting the thread at the same time. I got kind of a late start this morning but I was ready to chat;). I am completely not computer savy:eek:---as I am sure I have said so I don't know how to copy and paste so I am glad you did.

Tonights dinner is going to be delicious. I made a homemade lasagna sauce that has been simmering all day, thawed out my meatballs and baked them off and put them in the sauce now and I will break them up and that will be my meat sauce. I love days like this when I have nothing but time so I can do the food exactly how I like to. The quinoa salad is iffy. It is in the fridge cooling right now. The recipe I found had grilled zuchinni in it which I did not have so I was going to grill my brocolli but it was not any good...so I had to improvise. So now it has grilled red and jalepeno pepper in it. Some diced cherry tomatoes, adamame and parsley. The dressing is a combo of balsamic vinegar and roasted garlic infused olive oil with basil oregano and thyme. It was still a little bland so I added a sqeeze of half of a lemon and some salt and pepper. It tasted pretty good but I wish I had had some zuchinni or broc. :mad: OH WELL!!!:D
Enough about food right!

Chrissy- Speaking of food , How is the slump going? I really can relate as I know everyone here can. It is strange because DH never has this problem! So it has to be hormonal! :mad: That is totally not fair.

Gayle-Your pour DS can not catch a break! I hope his foot is not going to keep him from playing basketball!
I can't wait to get to meso 3 with you. It sounds like you are gaining strength.

Kim-Hope your DS is feeling better and I hope that bug does not go back around your house. Your daughter and her class sound very talented. I could feel your pride popping off the screen.:D

Julie- I know this is a couple of days ago but WHAT KIND OF PLACE WERE YOU BUMPER BOATING AT!:eek: I can't believe someone would do that in public...Yuck!

Cendrine-First of all you have to share what you have been eating! Congratulations on the 2 pounds! Of course how is DH doing after his STS. and is he still going to continue? My DH never did another disc...I will have to keep those vitamins in mind next time I make a trip to the Vit store. He needs to supplemnet something since he does not eat that well. Of course you would not know it to look at him. If I ate the way he does I would be a fat cow:eek:
I was also going to ask you , if it is not too personal, what made you decide to home school for first grade and are you just doing the one year or are you going to continue?

Jo- I am glad you popped in to let us know you are still alive. I just feel so bad for you. I have not ever had a migraine and yours sounds worse than most people have to deal with. I wish there was a way to figure out what was triggering them.

Well I am off to put that lasagna together. Of course with ww noodles and all the other healthy subs I can do!

Rachel

Hi Guys, back agian.

Kim, I must have posted the same time you did! You must be so proud of your dd doing so well at the recital! THat is wonderful! DS is not interested very much in music, so I haven't had him in any music classes. But this fall we will start with the recorder to help him learn how to read music and then he can choose what he likes. Dh plays the guitar very well, I play the panflute and we have enough knowledge between the two of us do do piano if he wants. If he chooses something other than that, we will have to outsource...LOL! Your run along the river sounds wonderful! we have a drainage canal that has a bike path next to it which we will hit today, nothing scenic and not that great smelling, either...LOL!
DH is doing well today, not as sore as he expected, but I remember the upper body sometimes took me a couple of days... He introduced a new term: IOMS (immediate onset muscle soreness) :rolleyes: He loved it and is planning on doing the upper body portions of all of STS on a 5 month rotation. He really likes working hard, it will be a challenge to make time for it every week, but I think the results will be motivation enough!

Chrissy, dh definitely felt challenged on the pushups and had to stop and do them after more recovery time, and he was sweating as if he was doing cardio, but it didn't deter him from planning to keep going with the series! I'm excited! He was initially going to do sts with me but he wasn't up for it at the time I started so I am happy that he is doing it now!
Your roadtrip should be shock training in itself! LOL! How many workout sessions will there be for the weekend?

Rachel, your lasagne sounds yummy and so does the quinoa salad even minus the grilled zucchini...:)
Let me know if you try the vitamins on dh, I'd be curious to find out what he thinks of them and how they affect him.
As far as homeschooling goes, I'm not sure if you know that I am actually a trained teacher and used to teach before having kids. I always said that I enjoy one on one tutoring better than teaching a whole roomful of kids, and I ended up doing just that for preschool with ds instead of sending him to preschool. I loved it a lot but wanted to make sure he got the experience of ps and all that entails, so I sent him to K this past year. He enjoyed it a lot and made lots of friends and had a very positive experience with an amazing teacher. I was going to let him decide if and when he wanted to homeschool again. I was surprised when this spring he asked to be homeschooled again, because he'd had such a good year. I gave him time to think about what it all means and how his day would look different, gave him all the pros and cons and gave him a few months to think it through and he still wants to be taught at home. I love doing it so much and enjoy seeing him learn and love it when the light bulb goes on, when he applies what I have taught and just being involved in it all, so I am getting lots of enegry just thinking about it! I also realize as every year goes by, just how quickly it goes by and spending more time with my kids just seems like a good way to make the most of the time I have them before they grow up... DH is very much in favor of it and super supportive in all that will be involved and how things will change around the house because of it (like simpler meals, probably messier, less often cleaned house, etc) and he even wants to do the science experiments with ds to be involved, which is great father and son time that they wouldn't other wise have. I know a lot of homeschooling moms have bad things to say about ps, and maybe where they are that is the case, but our school disctric is considered to be one of the best and I would have to agree, I have no reasons related to ps system that makes me decide to homeschool, I just love being with my kids, love to teach, and that's really it.

As for the eating, the meal plan stresses to eat monounsaturated fats in every meal. they list all kinds of nuts, nut butters, avocado, olives, tapenades, olive oils, even dark chocolate as acceptable sources. Today for instance I had a banana smoothie with a serving of ground flax seed blended in for breakfast, then I had some tuna with green onions and chopped walnuts on rye crackers for snack, lunch was a half pita filled with spinach, avocado, green onions and a veggie burger, snack will be pear slices topped with ricotta and walnuts seasoned to taste and dinner is a salmon patty with beans topped with almonds. As you can see it is pretty simple but yummy stuff. It does take some calculating and I am shorter on complex carbs because the fats add up in calories very quickly. But the fun part of it is, that I get to eat new stuff and I was in such a rut it is lots of fun to have things a bit differently. I'm entering my second week of eating like this and will keep you posted of the results. Prevention magazine website has a whole bunch of easy meal suggestions in the recipe file. I think you find them by searching for 'flat belly menu plan or recipes' if you are interested.

Ok, gotta go!

She's baaaccckkkk!

Okay, I am here, I am FINALLY headache free - took my last meds at noon today and am ready to get back on track. I am obviously way behind on the posts so will try to get caught up and if I don't comment to everyone, know that I'm TRYING to get there! Five days is way too much time to miss! I've skimmed them, but need to carefully read through!

So, I've already figured out how to get myself back on track schedule wise, so will start that tomorrow!

One thing I did read is about the not repeating Meso 3. So I'm glad I'd already made the decision not to (but based on my vacation and not strength!) However, I had planned to come back from vacation and repeat Meso 3 with squat legs. So maybe I'll do what you're doing Gayle and combine squat and plyos!

Gayle, so sorry to hear about DS foot! That poor kid is not getting a very good start to his summer! :mad:

Kim, I'm so glad you had your run today! I hope your weather has finally come out of the 'snow zone'!

Cendrine, you go girl! Isn't it magical to lose when you weren't expecting it?! I'm so excited to hear your DH is on the STS wagon! FUN FUN FUN at your house! :p

Rachel, you busy little chef! Your quinoa salad sounds right up my alley and has all the things I love! Come to my house and cook! You wanted to come to the Northwest right?

Chrissy, you are ahead of me now on the rotation. Disc 27 was next for me (should have done that last Thursday) so I'll do it tomorrow.

Oh, and for you clean eating girls...I've eaten so clean it's almost nothing! :D Today was the first day I could eat but still can't eat as much as I should be; I dropped 5 lbs but I know it'll be back in a couple of days.

Okay, I'm going back and reread the posts and try and catch up. I'm so glad you're all here! Hello everyone else. It's a new day! :D

Okay, I lied…I’m not totally headache free (I keep rebounding) but what I have now is probably what people usually have. I can still workout with this kind of headache! :D

Kim, oh my gosh about DS being sick again! I hope he’s better today! Your household has had enough! I agree with what your suggesting about the 4 STS workouts and 4 cardios. I’ve decided to do that as well. Not a dumb idea…a great idea! :eek:

Mary, how wonderful of your friends to give you a gift certificate! What a kind and thoughtful gesture! :)

Rachel, did you decide if you’re getting the Gym Styles? I used those quite a bit when they first came out and there’s some good rotations for them. Did you watch the previews of them? I’m glad cooking all your food ahead of time is working for you! We do that as well (but not like YOU!).

Gayle, I think I’ve decided I will just do Meso 3 once and incorporate the plan you are suggesting (or something similar). I really like this idea! I'm glad I read these posts before modifying my workout manager...that's next!

Cendrine, I cringed when I read you had a headache…I hope I’m not rubbing off on you! I think I’m going to do the June rotation when I get back from vacation. It sounds like a lot of fun and will be fun to break up STS. I plan to restart STS when STS Cardio comes out but maybe just do the 3 1/2 month rotation.

Chrissy, I’m sorry you’re struggling with your eating. Are you going through a lot of stress right now? Vicious cycle is right! Thank you for sending me healing thoughts! I think they helped!

Julie, I can’t believe what happened to you at bumper boats! Well, always something interesting going on isn’t there? Scheesch! Except it is very disgusting!

Okay, I think I'm pretty caught up! I read through all the posts. I'm stoked about getting started again tomorrow...in fact I can't wait! I feel like mush!

Talk to you all tomorrow! :cool:

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.