6 Monthers, STS, Wednesday

banslug

Cathlete
Good Wednesday morning to you all!

Jo……very loud YES…that tightness means EVERYTHING is melting away! :)

OK…I’m up earlier than I’ve been the last few days. I have to get a beef brisket into the crockpot this AM and I wanted enough time to mix the seasonings and get it all in there before kids go to the Rec Program at 9am. That means my WORKOUT IS DONE already! I did Amy Bento’s Kickbox Surge & Core Training DVD for the first time! I’m a sweaty MESS, I tell ya! The only other Amy Bento I’ve done was her Slo Mo Legs (which I LOVED). And I LOVED this KB workout….what I DID of it anyway! LOL She has 5 combos with a ‘surge’ in between….her surges would be Cathe’s intervals. I plugged it in and since I don’t know her style I knew it was going to take me a bit to get it down, so I did Combo and Surge #1 3 TIMES and Combo & Surge #2 2 TIMES. Plus cool down, core section and stretch. The core section was interesting. Half the core work was done in moving fashion, not on your back. For instance, you stand up, drop to your butt, roll onto your back and roll back to standing while holding a med ball and using your core. She also has you do planks with toes on the ball, and another time with a hand on the ball and rolling it to your other hand. Pretty cool stuff. Even cooler when I saw my HRM said I burned over 520 calories!!! I LOVE KB! My plan is to do this again in a few days doing the other combos, and eventually work my way into the entire workout as produced.

Sorry to ramble….but I love new workouts!

All this talk about what’s next after STS. I’ve got all kinds of things going thru my head. I know I need to increase my mileage, but I’m still up in the air on weights….so many options between all my Cathe workouts, Amy Bento, Barry’s Boot Camp and P90X. We’ll see what hits me next week when the time comes!

OK! Today…..kids to Rec, I go clean. Then my aunt is in from Boston and the kids and I are having lunch with her. She brought in some AWESOME FOOD! She brought prosciutto, homemade pesto sauce, whole wheat baguettes, and she bought fresh mozzarella and ricotta from the cheese ‘place’ right up the street. We’re going to make SMALL SMALL SMALL sandwiches, and I PROMISE EACH OF YOU I WILL EAT MY SMALL MEAL/SERVING of that and be done. I will NOT go overboard. Then I’m having my friend/neighbor and her crew over for dinner and I’m making a Beef Brisket with Smoky BBQ Sauce in the crockpot, steamed carrots and baked potatoes. I’ll share that recipe when I get a chance.

Gotta go shower! BBL

Gayle

Last edited:
Hi Everybody,

I haven't deserted you!! This past weekend was jam packed with 3 parties on Saturday and then Sunday I put on a spread for Fathers Day! When I had some free time, I would slump on the couch to recharge, so I apologize for the lack of posting. I will read all the posts I missed from the past 4-5 days, and will post later today. Hope everyone is enjoying their summer! I START MESO 3 NEXT MONDAY (WOOOOOHOOOOOO!!!!!!!)

Mary

Good Morning Everyone!

Just finished chest and back (28). My last set of incline chest press I couldn't get the bar over my chest. OMG!! I had to roll 75 lbs over the 'girls'. The language flying out of my mouth while I did that. :eek: I also felt something not so nice in my lower back at the first set of barbell rows. So I went a little lower (with weight) and continued. It feels okay now. I got worried. So I skipped deadlifts and did pull overs so I wouldn't stress my lower back too much.

Yesterday I did the stair master at the gym. And unfortunately I did not get sore from squat rack legs. I was a little tight that night but I was fine the next day:(.

Gayle-that beef brisket sounds really good. Please do share when you get a chance. I am up for the 3 month rotation when shock comes out. Sounds like a plan. But that still leaves me with 3 months.

Rachel- I know what you mean about being able to go heavier on some. I was able to do that to. Not on bench presses. The rows and flyes I increased a couple of pounds. I feel like SUPERWOMAN!!!

Julie- good luck with the move. I hope all goes well. Its good to have a close friend that will help you out like that. ((((hugs))))

Mary- glad to hear from you. You sound like you are super busy. Your weekend sounded fun. Can't wait to hear your reviews on Meso 3.

Cendrine- Glad to hear you are doing better with your eating. Mine actually has been pretty good. I have to do some serious planning to get through this weekend. We are going camping and I can't treat myself because I am away....or I'll set myself back again. Sometimes I think I shouldn't have sugar anymore. It just does very bad things to me.

jo- I'm not feeling that tightness in my butt....does that mean...yep mine is still there. My cellulite is not melting away yet. :( Some day

I have to go BBL
chrissy

Hi Guys,

well, plyo legs week 2 is done! what a great workout! I love that it's only 30 second stints, that way I can last and give my all! Rachel, it didn't feel as hard as last week's to mee either, but it was hard all the same!

Jo, thanks for checking how my eating is going, you are very thoughtful! The eating has been going very well for the last two days and I feel like I'm on track again! Yay!

Chrissy, I'm glad your eating is going better too! I will have to do some good planning for our trip to San Diego as well, just like you. We can do it!

Gayle, that ab move you described where you sit, lie down and get back up with weight, I have done that one on a Patrick Goudeau video as well, it was fun! I also am a sucker for new workout videos. It seems the more I get the faster I feel like I'm getting bored and need to splurge on a new one.... Anyone else get that phenomenon?
I love fresh Mozarella cheese and don't even get me started on prosciutto! Yum! I won't hold it against you if your sandwich ends up being medium and not small! LOL!

Hi Mary, glad to see you popping in here! And how fun that you are now ready to move to meso 3 as well! I think you will love it!

Another thought about our next joint rotation when STS Cardio comes out. I am debating doing the undulating rotation posted by Chris (can't remember if it's a 3 or 5 month, mine would be 3 month) in conjunction with the STS Cardio just to shake things up more.

Until then my plan is to do a couple of weeks of total body circuit videos (my first love) and then do the June rotation, followed by two weeks of four day split to see how much heavier I can lift on that now. Then I'll play it by ear until STS Cardio shows up.

OK, gotta go, bbl

Hi Everyone! My apologies but I have to post and drive! I was going to do Cardio Coach this morning...and then when I woke up, for some reason I was in a fog and couldn't remember what I was going to do! :confused::eek: So I did Drill Max Scrambled Cardio Premix (I knew it had Cardio in the title!). Then about half way through - I remembered! D'oh!

Anyway, I'll BBL!

Hey guys! Just popping in to say Howdy Ho, ladies! :) I'm feeling lethargic today for some reason, and the serious DOMS in my butt are part of the cause! lol I had that awesome workout this AM, then my normal banana and PB2 at 7:45. At 8:45 I was lightheaded already and my stomach was growling LOUDLY so I had a protein bar on the way out the door. I didn't have lunch, then, until 12:30ish because my Aunt overslept (but I wasn't going to go withOUT the yummy Italian lunch she was offering, lol). So I had a medium sandwich (yes, Cendrine, MEDIUM, lol) and then went across the street to visit with my parents and I just felt like BLAH....legs were heavy, stomach was seriously groaning still and not the you-gotta-go-to-the-bathroom groaning. So, I had a few cinnamon graham crackers with some l/f peanut butter on them. I thought perhaps I just haven't been eating enough. NOW I feel like I ate TOO much! LOL You just can't win, can you? :confused: So....my plan is to push the water from now till dinner around 6pm. Dinner, for me, will be salad greens and a SMALL slice of the beef brisket (recipe to follow). And that will be IT for the night.

OK...sorry to ramble, lethargic legs do that to me!

Beef Brisket with Smoky Barbecue Sauce

2-3# fresh beef brisket (not corned beef brisket)
1 tsp chili powder
1/2 tsp garlic powder
1/4 tsp celery seed
1/8 tsp pepper
1/2 C ketchup (or is it catsup?)
1/2 C chili sauce
1/4 C packed brown sugar
2 Tbsp vinegar
2 Tbsp worcestershire sauce
1 1/2 tsp liquid smoke (found near the BBQ sauce in the store, yum)
1/2 tsp dry mustard

• Trim fat from brisket. If needed, cut brisket to fit into crock pot.
  • combine chili powder, garlic powder, celery seed, and pepper. Rub mixture evenly over meat and place in a 3-5 quart crock pot.
  • For the sauce, combine ketchup, chili sauce, brown sugar, vinegar, worcestershire sauce, liquid smoke, and dry mustard. Pour over brisket.
  • Cover and cook on low for 8-10 hours or on high for 4-5 hours.
  • Remove meat from crock pot and cut into thin slices across the grain (I can never figure out where the grain IS, lol). Skim fat off juices in cooker, and serve with/over the meat.

ENJOY!

Gayle

Hi Everyone Again!

Gayle, your beef brisket sounds yummy! I haven't done any Amy in a long time (I have the Slo Mo and a couple other earlier workouts of hers); I was wondering how that workout is. I'm glad you mentioned Barry's bootcamp! (I forgot about that!) That might be a good set for me to do when I come back from vacation. Thanks for the reminder!

Chrissy, I hope your back is okay! (AND ESPECIALLY YOUR GIRLS!!!!) I hate that when you have a little tweak...good you backed off a little. I would have skipped the deadlifts too! Since you're not experiencing DOMS in the legs, I think your deep tissue cellulite is melting first! :p

Cendrine, don't you just love those Plyo legs??? So far, I think week 3 (last week) was my favorite of the plyos. Can't tell you why, but I think it had to do with how I felt afterwards! Now whats the undulating rotation? Tell me where to go look at that!

Hi Mary, Kim, Julie, Rachel, and whoever I missed!

Well as the guys at the job like to say...It was just another day in paradise:p

That is the sarcasm coming through. One thing about being on a job with a bunch of dumba##es running it is that at least all the other crews have a common enemy!:D
I think things will come together though, I hope. We are still not having to really put in the hours we normally work in the summer. I am sure as this thing gets closer to the open date we will be staying later though.

I am all for the sts rotation cardio. Hopefully if everyone's schedule will permit we can all start at the same time and everyone can be on at least the same weekly schedule. It is hard right now to speculate how the sts cardio will be formatted but maybe some of you that are going to be road trippers will get a clue and we will get a sneak peak through yall.

I still am up in the air about what sort of rotation I am going to do after sts is over. I want to maintain the strength gain. I need to decide so I can order. I want to start going back and getting the Cathe dvd's that I do not have but I also want to branch out too. We all know variety is good, but I like Cathe's no nonsense style. Plus I love how for the most part (except for the second set of pullups in meso 2) she does every rep with you. She is my hero:eek:

Cendrine-I would have to agree that I love the recipe swapping on here. Even though I do not always follow them verbatum they have given me some great ideas. This week I have been making rollups with black beans, chicken and spinach...That was my spin, with leftovers that I had for Gayle's salsa chicken wraps.

Jo-We must have been channeling the same energy this morning because that is the exact same premix I did. I had another epiphany this morning. On drill #5 on the jumps I Kind of landed on my heels and rolled my feet until I sprung off my toes and I really felt this in my outer quads...I do not know if that is a good thing since tomorrow is squat rack legs but we will see. But I really felt that in a different way than before.
I also forget to tell you that I have the ever present cellulite on the outer thighs too. DH says he doesn't see it but I know he is either lying or dimple blind.:p I think the best it ever was, was when I was running in the morning and then doing circuit training at night but I just do not have the energy for that anymore.

Gayle-I need a new KB workout. That core work sounds different and fun. I guess I need to go watch some clips of Amy Bento to see if I will like her. Thanks for sharing the brisket recipe. You know how us Texans love our brisket...BBQ'ed! I am saving that one.

Chrissy-Quick thinking swapping out DL's for pullovers. I hate tweaks. I feel like at this point in the game I should not get injuries..I feel like I practice with good form, I concentrate and I don't get distracted. But then I still get tweaked! My last one was in my neck during the extended stretch<---How lame is that:D

Mary-I though you had been awfully quiet. When you finally get time to relax you will have to fill us all in. It sounds like you had a fun but exhausting weekend.

Julie-I hope all is well. I know you are in a tough transition right now but I am glad you have some friends that can help you out.

Ok guys I think I have rambled enough. Now I am so excited about our next group rotation!

See you tomorrow.
Rachel

Hello everyone, just finished 4DS cardio kickboxing and the core work. I was going to add some running but just wasn't feeling like it:rolleyes::rolleyes: DS did the plyo legs with me yesterday, fun to have company and he didn't complain as much as DH when he did it with me last week.

Rachael,I would love to do STS cardio rotation with this group but we get our orders up here in Canada a few weeks after everyone else so you will all be half done by the time I start;);) But I'll join in as soon I get it.

I'm still thinking of doing a CLX rotation after STS before the next round. Has anyone done CLX?

I don't have any of Amy Bento's workouts but you sure make them sound like fun Gayle! I'm tossing around the idea of running another marathon next spring so maybe increasing the running in the fall. Hmm, so many options.

Jo, have fun at the game tomorrow! Hope the sun shines for you!

Julie Hope everyone is okay! Checkin when you can.

Mary Don't worry about catching up if you don't have time. Just checkin when you can.

Chrissy and Rachael, be careful, we don't want any STS injuries!!

Cendrine What is the undulating rotation??

My coworker that sits close to me, has H1N1, she has been sent home for 2 weeks. Our hospital is having alot of problems with H1N1, presently 35 people on ventilators, we had to buy more. Two deaths so far. My coworker is feeling fine. She was off work for a week very sick and had just come back for 2days when her lab work came back positive and she was sent home today. :(:( Hope it's under control soon!
Kim

Jo, here's the thread where I first read about the undulating rotation. If you go to rotations in the workout manager, there is a rotation ready to plug into your workout manager calendar, if you like it just the way Chris set it up.

Here's a thread we started a while back with an article on the various types of rotations including the undulating one:

http://www.cathenation.com/forum/sho...d.php?t=261191

Kim, I hope you stay healthy and don't catch anything else, you've had your share of bugs, you don't need this one!

I was looking ahead in my rotation at the June rotation and was hoping some of you could help me. There are some dvds I don't own and was wondering if you could help me figure out which ones would be good substitutes of the ones I do own:

Here's what I don't have:

Muscle Max
Kick, Punch and Crunch

Here's what I do have:
High step challenge
High step circuit
4 DS
Muscle endurance and Bootcamp
Imax3
Imax2 and C+w
Body Max 2
Buts and Guts
Drill Max
LIC
Step, Jump and Pump
Step Blast

Do I have anything that would work as a good substitute?

Thanks for anyone who can help me out with this!

Rachel, I'm laughing because that's exactly how I do drill #5. I kind of get a push off that way! I'm terrible at the forward bounding jumps (same as Interval #4 of Imax 3)! In all honesty...I posted this a while back when I was giving some of my stats...but since doing STS my ever present cellulite actually looks better than ever! I think it's the combination of the great leg workouts AND the ultra clean eating! Actually when I was running all the time my cellulite looked pretty good too (if cellulite can look good!)

Kim, OH MY GOSH! I hope to goodness you don't catch that awful virus! On a good note, I'd be there with you training for a marathon if I could still run like that! That's one thing I really wanted to do, but my knee won't allow! I did, about 10 years, ago run 1/2 marathon.

Cendrine, the link didn't work so I'll go check it out. For substitutions, you can substitute Muscle Endurance for Muscle Max. (With Muscle Max you go a little heavier and slower, but ME will definitely work!) For Kick, Punch and Crunch, unless you have another Kickbox workout, I would substitute either Step Blast or Imax 2. KPC is not as intense as Imax 3 so I think either of the other cardios would work fine. Oh actually, because of the kicking factor in KPC, I would substitue Body Max 2 and just do the step and power circuits without the weight portion for the legs! YES that's what I would do! One of the premixes on BM2 alternates the cardio and power circuits (without weights) - I have to look to see which one it is but that's the one I think I would do.

I'm so excited....tomorrow is Disc 36! Then Plyo legs....YIPPEE!!!

I'm getting ready to go to bed...and I have really really tight glutes from squat legs yesterday! FEELS SO GOOD! :eek:

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.