6 Monthers, STS, Wednesday

banslug

Cathlete
CLEAN EATERS UNITE!!!!!

Here we go...another day! Another chance to tackle your goals!

I posted later last night about my 'official' breakup with BF. Feel good about that move.

Workout this morning was AWESOME AWESOME AWESOME!!!! iTread 4, 60 minutes and I logged over 6.25 miles. Then I did Tracey Steahle's Core Blast standing work....I wanted a change for my abs today and this was great!

BUSY busy day again today. Staff Appreciation at school, then work, then tonight is my older DS' Gifted Parents Night where the Gifted class (I don't like that word GIFTED) shows off their individual projects and the family can play some mind boggling games that make you feel stupid! :D

BBL to check in when I can. Sorry to hit and run!

OH, and at book club last night, while everybody else was eating PB-chocolate brownies, carrot cake and cookies.....I drank my green tea and ate NOTHING! I had my last meal (the protein bar) when I got home. WOO HOO!

Gayle

Happy Wednesday all you 6 monthers!!!

My workday has started, but justed wanted to say Good Morning!!!

Because I went to bed late last night, I will do my workout after I get home from DS's track meet tonight. This will be hard because we won't get home until after 8:00, but I love working legs, so I will keep those happy thoughts in my head all day until it's workout time!!! Gayle, I hope I have as "AWESOME" of a workout as you had this morning!!

Kim-Memorial Day is a U.S. Holiday celebrated the last Monday of May, and it's in Remembrance of Americans who died serving in the war. For many Michiganders, it's the "unofficial" start of our summer, and many of us head upnorth for camping and water play. Our roads leading north that weekend will be bumper to bumper
icon9.gif

Ok, the phones are starting to ring, so time to GET BUSY....

HAVE A WONDERFUL DAY, AND STAY STRONG IN MIND AND SPIRIT!!!!

Mary

I will join in the chant too!
Clean Eaters Unite!!!

Good Morning all!! I did Imax 2 this morning. I love this workout it is so much fun. I am still feeling bloated but I had a great food day yesterday and plan to continue today. A memorial day challenge sounds good. I am up for it. Lets do it.

Gayle-Glad you had an AWESOME workout this morning and I hope it continues thru the day. That is great that you and your BF ended things well. Good luck with your old flame and keep us posted. (ahem-that is if you don't mind sharing)
BBL
chrissy

Good morning to all. It is raining cats an dogs here but sometimes I loike a good thunder storm as long as you don't have to drive in it.

I did Imax2 this morning too but I started with the 6 thru 10 premix and finished with the 1 thru 5. It was a good change and it made 1 thru 5 an unexpected challeng after those plie jacks on #9.:eek:
I don't know what today holds because it is my MIL and FIL b-day's but they are divorces so we have to get creative. Normally I would deal with it but I thought I would leave it up to DH today and of course he has waited till today so we will see what happens from here on out.
Oh yeah sorry for making you r mouths water with the ice cream story but I had to confess or feel guilty everytime I got on here and just omitted that while yall are all eating so clean. Or at least admitting when you are not.;)

Chrissy I am not offended in the least by your remarks about religion or being religious. When I was growing up we attended so many different denominations of churches. SOme of them were similar and some so different,,,so I never got a good grasp of any one particular religion. But now that I am older I have a hard time with some churches in general, because we do a lot of work for them and they can be the most difficult to work for. I was wondering because you said that you were made to go when you were younger, if you thought that if you were not made to go, that you would feel differently about it now?

Mary
I know what you mean about the apprehention pre-party. I find myself planning way ahead of time so that I kind of have mind set in place before I get there. Sometimes it works and sometimes it does not. I let my hair down with a drink or two also. The worst one for me is our friends anual halloween party. We look forwarf to this all year long and she goes all out. And of course there is a costume party and a prize for 1st 2nd and 3rd. So far we are 3 time champs. DH and I sort of compete against each other.

Gayle
I lol when I read your post about the romantic ride thru the countryside and the toothless old lady. The big open air building was in a pasture and was decorated with things from the past like old liscense plates and farm implements. I never thought of it as romantic since we were on our way back from checking out a job but now that you mention it I guess since it was his idea to stop and he doesn't even eat veges. and we did share and ice cream...That is my idea of romance:D We spend so much time together doing the day to day grind that those really little things like that are nice. And thanks for making me more aware of it!

Jo
You make me so proud. All of my friends think I am a total weirdo because I like to pack snacks. My best friend thinks I am nuts because I would rather eat in than eat out. Esp. on those days that I can not get full. I don't like to go out and be tempted by DH's french fries. If you know what I mean! That sucker could probably eat crap for everymeal and still look great and here I am working my butt off and eating pretty darn clean and if I smell fried food I feel I bloat up!:D I am glad you had an adventure at the Mariners game. Hope you don't get caught from playing hookie!

I will check back in later.

HAVE A GOOOD AND HEALTHY WEDNESDAY!

Rachel

Hi Everybody,

I did legs disk 17 second round and worked up a good sweat. Just disk 18 now and I'll be half way done too!

Swimlessons are going well, but today dd has a fever and won't be going to the lesson. We'll do some catch up later.
She and ds are such good little patients, always take their meds, love to cuddle and are happy just watching movies with me. I love my kids!

meals for today.

m1 chocolate banana shake and oatmeal
m2 berries, yoghurt, oatmeal
m3 salad, asparagus, chicken, almonds, balsamic vinegar
m4 protein bar and walnuts
m5 extra lean burger and veggies

Mary, I am so glad you like the shake! I know why I have mine every morning! I think it's my sweet fix for the day without it being bad...:) I'm on for the memorial day challenge, bring it on! Having this challenge will force me to eat clean while figuring out my new calorie needs for the maintenance. If I was entering mainenance without the challenge, I might add non clean calories to my routine, but it's gonna be clean!!!!

Gayle, I am gald too, that you and BF parted on friendly terms, that is so nice! Good luck with what's ahead and yes, if you are comfortable, keep us updated, I love this kind of news!

Jo, high fives on eating clean at the game, but I knew you would! And good job on maneuvering the workouts around to fit in the long weekends! You deserve the weekends as hard as you are working!

Chrissy, wtg on getting right back on the wagon! When I used to get off the wagon, it would be more than 3 days, let me tell you! Now not so much because of all of you!

Rachel, here are some ideas for the sweet potatoes:

2 medium sweet potatoes
3 TBS extra virgin olive oil (or less if you're counting calories)
2 medium cloves of garlic
sea salt and pepper to taste

1. Fill the bottom of the steamer with 2 inches of water.
2. While steam is building, chop or press garlic and let sit for 5 minutes
3. Cut sweet potatoes into 1/2 inch cubes.
4 Steam for 7 minutes. Weet potatoes are done when you can easily penetrate the wit a fork.
5. Transfer to a bowl. For more flavor, toss sweet potatoes with the remaining ingredients while they are still hot. then mash together.

Option: to mellow the flavor of garlic, add garlic to sweet potatoes for the last 2 minutes of steaming.

Here's how to play with the above recipes:

1. top with chopped fresh roemary and ground pumpkin seeds
2 Cinnamon, cloves and nutmeg all complement the flavor of sweet potatoes
3. For spicy Sweet Potatoes, combine with 1-2 tsp mashed canned chipotle peppers
5. Combine the recipe above with one 15oz. can black beans and 1 tsp cumin powder. Top with 2 TBS goat cheese (yum!)
6.Sweet Potato pudding: Make the above recipe. Omit the olive oil, garlic and salt. Combine 1/4 cup honey or maple syrup, 1 tsp pumpkin pie spice, 1/2 tsp nutmeg, 3 TBS extra virgin olive oli and cooked Sweet Potatoes. Whip unil creamy with a hand mixer. Putin individual dessert dishes and garnish with chopped toasted pecans.

I hope one of these ideas peaked your interest! Isn't it fun to try new things?

Ok, I gotta go do some heating pad time. I tweaked my lower back this morning doing legs. I finished the workout, but I am in pain when walking.... So, some therapy is in order....

BBL

Just a quick post. I read this quote and I really liked it. Thought I would share.

"WHAT I EAT IN PRIVATE, SHOWS IN PUBLIC"

chrissy

Happy Hump Day! :eek:

I am super busy today (my fault for playing hookie!). I did Disc 21 today- that one was really tough for me. I had to drop my weight on the last incline dumbbell curls right from the get go. I also had to drop my weight on the 2nd set of barbell curls on the double wave load - my biceps were fried. Sigh...trust me I am giving it my ALL! :cool:

Gayle, you little green tea drinker you! Such a good girl! Glad you feel good about the BF breakup. You have fun at parent's night!

Mary, HELLO OUT THERE! Sounds like we are all really busy! Hope you DO get your workout in! I'll be thinking of you!

Chrissy, you've inspired me! I haven't done Imax 2 in forever...I think I may do it tomorrow instead of KickMax. Glad you are back on the good eating trail! I'm up for the Memorial Day challenge too! I love that quote!

Rachel, it's raining cats and dogs here too (again!). Another Imaxer! Good luck with the MIL/FIL bday! Ooh that doesn't sound fun! Thank you for being PROUD of me! I also impressed our friends that I had dental floss too! LOL (well that was for the broccoli of course!) My girlfriend asked me if I had bandaids too, and of course I did!

Cendrine, I'm so excited to make the Kale soup tonight and thank you for the high fives on my clean eating! I feel sooooo good! Do you ever make sweet potatoe wedges? You recipe reminded me of those.

Kim, I voted to keep Mike on TBL! I was impresssed Ron finished the marathon. And of course, I knew Tara would win! That girl is wonder woman!

CBL

Cendrine I added those recipes to my favorites because all of them peeked my interest. So I think I will be trying them all. It saddens me that I never ate sweet potato pie when I was growing up,(a staple in all good southern homes at holidays) I missed out! I love 'em any way I can have them and am always trying them new ways.

Jo my summer standby for the grilling season is sweet potatoes on the grill. Yummy! Like a treat.
I always have the dent-a-piks in my lunch box. Sometimes I think we are one in the same:D

Another clean eating day down. It was easy today because we were busy with the inlaws. FIL likes choco cake so we got him a really pretty but very small one from a local bakery so that was easy to resist and MIL did not want sweets lying around (she is always 'dieting';)) so there was nothing tempting there. So just a large green salad and some leftover vege mexican lasagna for dinner.

See you all tomorrow!
Rachel

Just finished disc 19 for the first time. The double wave loading sures makes the workouts a little longer! I'm off work Thursday and Friday. Going to get the house cleaned up Thursday/groceries done and then the funeral is Friday morning. Kim

Hi, ladies. I'm dragging, if I may admit that! LOL Getting to school early and staying longer than normal is making me tired! 2 more days and it's done. But it's so worth it when all the teachers and staff thank me over and over and over! We're doing something fun to cap off the week. We collected baby pics of the staff and posted them on our big PTA bulletin board; we handed out a list of all those teachers' names and they have to try to match the name to the pic. Friday, we're going to reveal the answers. The board has been a hug hit with everybody....kids AND adults.

I'm sorry, ladies. I read your posts from the day, but I'm going to bed for some sleep! MUCH NEEDED!

I've got disc something or other tomorrow! LOL Disc 21, right? :):D:p Back and bis tomorrow, and the extended stretch. I'll post in the early morning, but if you don't hear back from me, it's just because tomorrow is SUPER busy:
It's early to school to set up, then off to clean my friend's house, then back to school for work. Then get the kids from school, get them haircuts for Saturday's communion, then the store to get older DS a nice pair of khakis for communion also. Then guess what...WE HAVE NOTHING ON THE CALENDAR TOMORROW NIGHT! NOTHING, BABY! So, at about 6pm tomorrow, I'll finally get to sit down. So don't worry too much if you don't hear from me tomorrow till later.

Stay clean....stay focussed.
Clean eaters UNITE!

May 9th is this weekend, girls! We're doing this!

Gayle

Hi Everyone!

Just wanted to check back in as I had a little time here! I'm feeling so good today....what is it? Oh, I must be high on nutrients! :eek: We've been really stepping up on raw greens this week (I'll explain all this later) and so I feel even cleaner than just plain old CLEAN EATING! I'm SUPER CLEAN!

Kim, I am so sorry about your mom's friend passing. It's great that she has you to help her through this. I understand your feelings about trying to be supportive. My BIL died this past December and though I never knew him very well, I was trying to be supportive to my sister. I'm so sorry for your Mom.

Cendrine, I made the Kale soup and it was a big hit! I used sweet potatoes instead of white potatoes. It tasted so good and it was great knowing I was eating something so nutritious! I'm going to try some more of those recipes you've been sharing! THANK YOU! (You just made me look good!) Although I gave you full credit for sharing the recipe! :p And, I said others in the check-in RAVE about it!!! :eek: Go figure?

Hope you all have a great day tomorrow! Hello anyone else that posts and all of you we're missing! :D

Last edited:

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.