6 Monthers, STS, Wednesday

Good Wednesday morning, ladies!!!

I've got the day off because I took a Personal Day. I get 10 sick days and 2 personal days (can you believe that....for a Part Time employee! YAY!) and I can't carry over the personal days (but I can the sick days, lol) so I needed to use them up. Today is one (and I'm taking a sick day Friday! HA). So I've got the house to myself and it's super duper quiet! I'm planning on just hanging around and doing some scrapbooking and playing around the house!

Cendrine, the comment you made last night to Kim about easier cardio days...I needed to hear that this morning. I felt my workout was easier than I've BEEN doing and was a bit disappointed, but you're right!

Jo, LOVE the DOMS! Enjoy wobbling along today....I'm right there with ya!

Kim, I'm calling our version of STS weeks as W1 and W1 repeat week! LOL It can get confusing, hugh? Your "W4" post caught our attention, though. LOL

OK.....my workout this morning was a new one for me. I needed something lo impact for my PF that's hurting just a bit from all the running, and I sooooo didn't want to do the stationary bike, so I chose the Kick Max Low Impact Kick Box premix. It was 58 minutes long and included the warm up, the 4 kicking/punching combos, and the leg conditioning drills. It WAS low impact and it felt great on my foot, and I LOVE KB for the DOMS in the upper body the next day. But I felt the cardio factor was a bit 'too' easy, but like Cendrine said, it's good for the body to go from a tough run one day to a 'lighter' cardio the next. But my HRM said I burned about 400 calories, which was more than I would have expected. ANYWAY....then I tacked on abs from KP&B and then Stretch Max with the band. Got all that? LOL I was swapping DVDs in and out! HA!

OK......what's next. Off to do some fun stuff around the house, then Mom and I are going to the craft store this afternoon to use up some coupons that are burning HOLES in our pockets! LOL

BBL

Gayle

p.s. DOMS from yesterday's 'easier' disc 20....who said it was easier? Wasn't ME! HA!

CLEAN EATERS UNITE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Well Gayle I guess I am the only other one off this morning too. DH and I are waiting for a job to start up so we are kind of in limbo. That is OK though because we will not have time to set down for the next 7 or 8 months and we will be wishing for some free time. :D

This morning was a tough one for me. I did ( or should I say tried to do) the BM2 cardio blast premix 62 min. Well I started out really pushing hard going as deep as I could for all the squats and lunges and speed skaters etc. Well by the time I got to the blasts I was wiped out. I wante dto go on...I even lowered my step but my body said "I have had enough" so I said "OK" and went on to do the abs on BM2 and part of the plate section on ab circuit. <--I was done after that. Fried nut it felt good that I made it that far.

I am trying to have an aha moment and trying to embrace the execises that I do not look forward to. You know the ones...they hurt the most. I am going to look at this as if they hurt the most they must work the best. Wish me luck eith that psychology:D

Jo your chicken wings comment cracked me up. I only know what your head looks like so I got this mental image of you with actual chicken wings..Thanks for that:D

Gayle and Cendrine
We all tend to get that guilty feeling about a light day or an 'easy workout' but I bet an easy workout to us would kill the 'average Jill'. So just remember what I tell myself. I am not training for the olympics so I can have an 'easy' day now and again. You guys are tough and it shows!

Have a good day.

Rachel

Hi Guys,

quick check in. I did disk 17 and am soo wobbly now! I will be sore , I think. I went way lower on the slide back lunges and the elevated lunges and I think my butt is going to have something to say about it tomorrow!

Busy day today so meals look easier

m1 banana chocolate protein shake and oatmeal
m2 milk chocolate protein shake
m3 salad w. chicken and red pepper and almonds
m4 protein bar and walnuts
m5 sugar snap peas/lean ground beef pot

Gayle, enjoy your days off, how fun! And 400 cals is great, even if you didn't go in the 95% hr!!! I'm glad my comment helped you, I need to listen to it myself! And Rachel, you are so right, our light days would kill the average Jill, not that I like to compare myself with people out of shape but sometimes it gives a little perspective.

bbl

Hi, ladies. Just posting real quick. I ran to the craft store with my mom and had a wonderful time just chatting away (yes, and spending money on fun craft stuff too). Tonight we have our Annual Ice Cream Social that the PTA sponsors, so I may be way busy between now and when we get back. I'll check in with you all tonight when I get the kids to bed.

Until then.....stay clean, stay dedicated, and keep your eyes on the prize!

Gayle

Ice cream social...I do not see how you do it Gayle. I have been looking up frozen yogurt recipes for my ice cream maker for the last 4 days but dare not make them. Even if there are alot of good ones out there. There is alot of danger right now for me to slip and ice cream is sounding oh so good. Muggy day but not so hot that the ice cream turns in you stomach. Yummo!
I will not break though. I have my nephews b-day this weekend at the lake and I am now busy trying to find a recipe to take that is healthy and stays good outside. Any ideas??
Of course I want it to taste good too. I am so bad about never making the same thing twice. This is not a good thing when you are going to serve it to other people:D

Oh yeah I forgot earlier but I wish I was as organized as you must be,Gayle, to do all that scrapbooking.

Rachel

Yo Girls! Whatcha up to? :p

Sneaking in a post while I eat my tilapia and sweet potatoe! Yummy! :D I did drill max scrambled cardio premix and no equipment needed abs today. I have the worse DOMS from disc 17...yes it continues and I'm shocked at how bad I have it (but loving it!). Okay...drum roll....I bought the tower! Yes I did and no one could stop me! I did it while watching The Biggest Loser. DH doesn't know yet...but I used my 20% coupon from STS Cardio.

Okay BBL! I feel better now that I've confessed!

:cool::eek::p:confused::cool::eek::p:confused::D:D:D

Hi everyone- Just a real quick post. I haven't really been able to sit down at the computer for very long. I have been running around trying to get things ready for my son's communion. It really wouldn't be so bad if I wasn't such a procrastinator. My older son's BD party is at laser kingdom on sunday so I have to deal with that too. Why did I make them the same weekend you ask? Because I AM A PROCRASTINATOR!!!! His birthday was at the end of march and I waited to book it. It was the soonest I could get it. So I need to suck it up. :confused:

I did disc 17 this morning and increased the weight. I will be feeling it tomorrow. YIKES!! Gotta go.
Hopefully I will be back later tonight!
chrissy

Rachel, maybe you can make frozen yoghurt sweetened with splenda or agave and freeze them portion sized and have them for snacks in a controlled planned way? Are you looking for a frozen yoghurt recipe for this weekend or a meal recipe or dessert recipe? I'd love to help brainstorm, just help me understand what you are looking for.

Gayle, too bad you have to do the social, when it is your day off! But I know you will stay strong, if anyone can do it, you can!

Jo, I just did disk 17 for the first time. You are sore after the second time? THat makes me very afraid!!!!! Not feeling it yet...holding my breath!
You could have bought a lot worse things than a tower! Enjoy it and just remind hubby that doing weights is good for your bones and building muscle is essential for us women, now that we are past the muschle building age and into the muschle loosing age....:p I can think of so many good reasons to buy exercise equipment, I think my husband has just given up objecting, cause he knows I will always win the argument...:p By the way, how do you prep your sweet potato? Do you microwave or boil or bake? I usually bake my tilapia but per your suggestion microwaved it on Monday and it tasted great. And was much quicker!

Chrissy, good luck coordinating all your activities! Look at it this way, at least it will be all done and over with by the end of the week!

Chrissy Procrastinating is one of my worst traits. I am getting better but I do not know what I would do if I had kids. Their b-days would always be a week late;) Hang in there though, from one procrastinator to another, we all know the relief is when it is all over.

Cendrine I am really looking for some kind of snack idea that is appealing to everyone. That can be pre-made. Now I know the appealing to everyone part is not probable so I will probably make some thing else that is sinfully delicious but I want an option for me too. Brainstorm away:p

I will be doing disc17 tomorrow and from the sounds of it I better eat my wheaties tonight!

Rachel

Hi Everybody,

Just trying to get in a few minutes to say Hi. Had another track meet tonight, but at least it wasn't raining!! The meets start at 4:00, so I had to leave the office early for the meet, and we just got home and it's 8:15. I haven't had a minute of down time since this weekend. Glad tomorrow is the last day of work for the week :D:D.

I did Disc 14 (legs) today! I didn't feel much in my legs earlier today, even though I was using 30's and 35's for many of the moves. BUT, driving home from the track meet, I started to feel my butt cheeks talking. Everything is starting to tighten up now, and I'm liking that. I wish I had time to soak in a bath, but that's going to have to wait until this weekend.

I am really proud to say that I am going on 2 full weeks of absolutely no snacking!! Not even a nibble of cookie dough:p, and what's even better is that I'm not missing the junk food!!!

I would LOVE to do personals, but it is close to my bedtime, and I still need to do some things around the house before going to bed.

I promise I will talk your ears off this weekend, when I have more time. I think of all of you throughout the day, and wishing I could share more in your conversations. Have a great evening everybody!!!

Mary

Just did CardioFusion Premix #2 and the no equipment abs. DH joined with me in the ab workout, dd also read also a book and ds was practicing his trumpet near by:rolleyes::rolleyes:

Cendrine You're right about the easier cardio days. I think we get so used to super crazy workouts that we feel bad if we do a light day.

Gayle What fun to have a personal day! Hope you enjoyed it fully!

So you TBL watchers, what did you think of yesterday's episode. I was really sad to see Filipe leave, he seems like such a nice guy. I would rather have seen Helen or Ron leave.

Kim

I'm going to go thru and do personals slowly as I catch up. lol I'll start with Rachel since I have some recipe suggestions.

Rachel, I LOVE to cook and always take something healthy (at least HEALTHIER than what's offered) with me to help me keep in line. Here are a few fun and tasty suggestions that I use and LOVE!

Grapefruit Pecan Bread

1 large pink grapefruit, about 1 ¼ lbs.
2 C flour
¾ C sugar
¾ t baking soda
½ t baking powder
¼ t salt
2 T vegetable oil
1 t vanilla extract
1 large egg
½ C chopped pecans
½ C sifted powdered sugar
1 T water

• Heat oven to 350 F. Spray a loaf pan with cooking spray.
  • Grate the rind of the grapefruit to measure 1 teaspoon. Set aside.
  • Peel and section the grapefruit over a bowl. Squeeze membranes to extract juice. Discard membranes. Place section and juice in a blender or food processor and pulse 3 times. Set aside 1 ¼ C mixture. Reserve remaining grapefruit mixture for another use.
  • In a large mixing bowl, combine grapefruit rind, flour, sugar, baking soda, baking powder, and salt. Make a well in the center.
  • In a small bowl, combine 1 ¼ C grapefruit mixture, oil, vanilla, and egg. Stir well. Add to flour mixture, stirring just until moist. Stir in pecans.
  • Pour into prepared pan and bake for 1 hour, or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
  • Combine powdered sugar and water. Stir well with a whisk and drizzle glaze over bread. Cool in pan for 10 minutes, then remove to a rack and cool completely.
Original Source: Weight Watchers: In Season

Fresh Strawberry Cake
10 oz. package frozen reduced-cal strawberries in syrup, thawed
18.25 oz package white cake mix
3 oz. package strawberry gelatin
1 ¼ C water
¼ C vegetable oil
3 large egg whites
½ t vanilla extract
¼ t almond extract
8 oz. container fat free whipped topping, thawed
1 quart fresh strawberries, sliced
2 T sliced natural almonds, toasted

• Preheat oven to 350 F. Spray a 13” x 9” baking pan with non-stick cooking spray.
  • Drain the thawed strawberries well; discard juice. Pulse in a food processor until pureed; set aside.
  • In a large bowl, combine cake mix, gelatin, water, oil, and egg whites. Beat with a mixer on low speed for 30 seconds.
  • Add pureed strawberries and beat at medium speed for 2 minutes.
  • Stir in the vanilla and almond extract.
  • Pour into prepared pan and bake for 28 minutes, or until cake springs back when lightly touched in the center.
  • Cool completely in the pan.
  • Spread whipped topping over top of cake. Arrange sliced strawberries on whipped topping, overlapping slightly. Sprinkle almonds over the cake.

Yield: 18 servings. 5 points per serving
Original source: Weight Watchers Annual Recipes for Success 2004

Grape Salad (this is actually the FIRST recipe that popped into my head, but I found the others first, lol)
8 C red seedless grapes, halved
1 C Cool Whip free, thawed
6 T fat free milk
2 T fat free/sugar free white chocolate instant pudding mix
4 oz fat free cream cheese, softened

• In a medium bowl, mix cream cheese, milk and pudding powder very well.
  • Fold in the cool whip.
  • Add grapes and fold together.

Notes:
  • This recipe is excellent alone, but goes very well with any type vanilla cake.
  • This recipe makes a lot of ‘dressing’, so you could add more grapes to it.

Yields 9 servings, about 1 cup each, 14 points for the entire recipe.
Original Source: www.weightwatchers.com

If you're looking for more of a meal-type recipe, I have some of those too! LOL I LOVE TO COOK!!!

Gayle

The Ice Cream Social was awesome and a HUGE HIT!!! We bought ice cream and toppings for 200 people.....and we had over 350 show up!!! It was from 6-8 and at 6:45 when I saw the crowd coming in the door, I ran out quick to get more ice cream, cherries and gummy bears (of all things to run out of, hugh? LOL). I didn't have ONE SINGLE LICK! I wasn't even tempted! I think the biggest incentive for me was the fact that I had a pair of jeans on that were still a bit tight last WEEK and today were quite loose with a BELT on! HA! Take THAT, Mr. Ice Cream Calorie!!!!!

DOMS have set in already from this morning's kickbox workout!!! Lats, shoulders and upper back....gotta love it! WOO HOO!!!!

Jo.....so when will DH find out about this new purchase? LOL Good for you! You KNOW you'll use it and it's a good quality piece of equipment, AND it supports one of the best women out there in fitness, if not THE SINGLE best woman, right??? Good for you! And Good for those DOMS, too!

Chrissy....enjoy the hectic life right now. Do we ever learn NOT to procrastinate? Ever??? LOL

Cendrine, you'll be feeling disc 17 tomorrow! I felt it too for a few days last week! Oh, how funny are we to LIKE DOMS!? lol

Mary.....GREAT JOB on 2 weeks! Consistency, baby! You're the one who got us INTO the May 9th challenge, so you are leading the way, girl friend!!! Enjoy your last work day tomorrow and look forward to that R&R!!!!

Kim, I have to say that I think Helen may win this thing, or at least come awfully close right behind Tara. Helen is TINY!!!!!! I can't believe how awesome she looked in those black jeans last night! I also like the kid, too. He seems so genuine (although they ALL do), and it's nice to see a young kid take charge of his life EARLY!!!!

OK.....I have to go tweak the #s on my workout card for tomorrow. It's been a busy second-half of my day. I spent the better part of my personal day playing with my scrapbooking stuff and projects! AWESOME DAY!!!

Gayle

Hi again,

Gayle, I have just started a file named "Gayle's recipes" LOL! Those recipes you typed up sound delicious! I can tell you like cooking too! It's fun to find other people's treasures for a change in my own kitchen!

I'm feeling the hamstrings tonight already, boy, Mary if you did 30 and 35s you will be feeling it I'm sure! I am so impressed with how strictly you have stuck to your challenge so far! And it is a great motivator for me to stay away from that sugar myself! Hubby asked this week where we could go for dinner this weekend. I suggested a healthy place that serves a really good pie my husband loves. I could easily eat clean there. He said that would be a great place to have a healthy dessert. I don't know any place that does healthy desserts by our definition! LOL ! I told him he would be eating it by himself, since I was committed to your challenge! He likes the community we have built among ourselves and it is rubbing on him. He actually had me write out some recipes for meals at his calorie level that are easy enough for him to do. He printed them on business cards and keeps them within reach. Tomorrow is his first mainenance level meal after three frist days of fat loss level meals. He is excited and so am I. He has also been doing cc workouts more regularly! This from someone who has not worked out in over 6 months! I am really happy about it!

Rachel, I have a few ideas as well. I'm not going to type the recipes, but if one sounds good, let me know and I'll post it!

Healthy Pizza rolls made with Whole wheat bread dough
Mini cheesecakes with fruit made with greek yoghurt
Healthy muffins with dried or fresh fruit
Breakfast cookie (this is a recipe that can be altered in a thousand ways, the reason it is called breakfast cookie is because it's actually pretty healthy, clean ingredients
finger sandwiches on whole wheat bread with various toppings
mini fruit crumbles (in muffin tins)

I'm sure I will think of more when I have time to consult my recipe books:)

Are you looking more for salty or sweet snacks?

Hi everyone else! You all rock!

Holy Guacamole! Lots of activity going on here! I just got home (late again!) so will just add a few notes:

Cendrine, I do think for Disc 17 I went much deeper on all the exercises especially elevated lunges and plate moves than I did last time (maybe squats too!)

Gayle, love all the recipes! Thank you! And, DH will find out when he reviews the visa statement on-line. He usually checks every night or every other night. Then he'll say...Jo, you bought more fitness stuff! And I say, yeah, remember I told you I had a coupon (I did, really!) and then he'll say, "are you done now?" And I say, "I'll never be done" and then he says "okay, well at least you use your stuff." It's really almost a game! I'm naughty! Like you Cendrine, he knows I'll get it anyway! :p He only asks to make sure someone isn't using our credit card! :eek:

Kim, I WANT RON GONE! I can't believe he keeps hanging on. I've wanted him gone every week forever! I want Tara or Mike to win. But I can't decide which.

Got to go get some food.

Okay, I just stuck a salmon patty in...so wanted to say HELLO EVERYONE!

I didn't get to do my second workout like I wanted so will do it tomorrow and move up my rest day to Friday. That works good! I'm having to work some really long hours this week!

Here's my food today:

M1 - 2 poached eggs, 1/3 cup oatmeal w/ground flaxseed & blueberries
M2 - protein shake w/small granny
M3 - tilapia w/3.5 oz sweet potatoe
M4 - tuna w/peas
M5 - salmon patty w/asparagu & clementine

Cendrine, I cut my sweet potatoe (raw) into small chunks about 3/4 inch by 1/2 thick and then put in the microwave for 1 minute. They come out perfect just as if I baked it. So I cut it up before I leave home. Cooking that and tilapia at work is a breeze.

Hello Chrissy and Rachel and Mary and Maggie! Crystal are you still out there? Hello to you too!

Last edited:

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.