6 Monthers, STS, Wednesday the 22nd

banslug

Cathlete
Clean Eatin' 6 Monthers!!!!!

Good Wednesday morning to everybody!!!

Cendrine-I find myself on my PC a bit too much lately also...between Cathe Nation, my scrapbooking hobbie, Facebook and just general floatin' around! LOL

Sounds like we're all on board.....next stop...Motivation Station!

Real quick post for me....have to dry my hair and get the kids up.

This morning's workout was LIC cardio blast premix (LOVE that one) and Core Max #1. Feeling AWESOME! I knew PMS was hitting the other day when my mood dipped little bit, and in the past that mood dip caused me to eat, which would turn into a 4 day binge. So instead of letting it hit me hard, I marked my calendar this month so I'd know WHEN to expect that so I could just plow on thru! And I did. TOM hit, PMS moody blues are pretty much gone and I got thru it with CLEAN EATING! Imagine that! No bloating, no binging, not even a SNACK that wasn't clean! WOOHOO!!!!

Today's planned menu:
M1: EAS Myoplex Lite shake, Glutamine powder
M2: 3 egg whites, 1/3 C oatmeal with 1 T ground flax seed
M3: 2 lite string cheese with banana
M4: small salad with tuna (and 1/2 pita if I get to the store to buy them)
M5: something on the grill (thinking tilapia), green beans, small baked sweet potato
M6: BSN Lean Dessert Protein shake

Gotta scoot so we're not late! I'll be able to check back after I get home from work/school!

HAVE AN AWESOME DAY!
Keep your eye on the prize!
Reach for the gold ring!
Insert whatever motivational phrase gets your BUTT IN GEAR!

Gayle

Last edited:
GOOD MORNING ALL YOU CATS & KITTENS!!!!

I love reading all of your menus, so keep them coming! I'm getting a lot of good ideas from them! I am also going to have to revisit the oatmeal thing. Wasn't a big fan ever since I was a kid and was forced to gag the stuff down. That memory has stayed with me ever since :(:(. Any recommendations on what I should try??? I really don't like slimy!!! I'll give it a shot and may find I really enjoy it. For breakfast I currently have Fiber One Bran Cereal (lots of fiber with a lower carb. count than a lot of other cereals) with Azekeal Bread.

I did KPC yesterday with my 1# Cathe weighted gloves (not sure if that's against the no-weight rest week rule??)

Sorry to post & run, but work is calling!!! I will CBL when more time is available!!!

Mary

Good Morning everyone. Thank you for all the birthday wishes. I over indulged last night at dinner but it was my birthday :p. Actually it could have been worse. I skipped the pasta and got chicken in a light brown sauce with mushrooms and some string beans on the side. Usually I would have gone for the pasta with lots of cheese. Today is a new day. Gotta keep moving foward-right?!?!

Mary I am with you on this challenge. My aim is to get into a 2 piece bathing suit by the official start of summer. I have about 12 to 15 lbs to lose in about 9 weeks. I can do this. I have my bathing suit all picked out from Victoria's secret.

I am doing disc 17 (legs) today and hopefully some long cardio to burn off that PB mousse pie I had last night. :confused:

Hope everyone has a great day.
chrissy

Mary, I never used to like oatmeal either. But I just kept trying it and I like it now. I put some cinnamon and a 1/2 an equal in it. I have seen receipe's with chocolate and peanut butter in them, although I have never tried it.

I do have a great receipe for protein pancakes. They are really good and my kids eat them (of course with syrup on them).

1 cup oatmeal
1 pt egg whites
16oz fat free cottage cheese.

You blend the oatmeal and cottage cheese so it is smooth. I usually do them separately. Then you cook them like pancakes. I sometimes put pumpkin, cinnamon and walnuts in them or just the walnuts. I sprinkle some cinnamon and equal on them or put pb or almond butter on them. The batch makes about 20 and I usually keep them in my fridge and snack on them. They are only about 50 calories each.

chrissy

Chrissy-

Glad to hear to had a great birthday!!! The PB Mousse Pie sounds delish, BUT IT'S TIME TO LET THE CHALLENGE BEGIN!!!!! VICTORIA SECRETS HERE WE COME!!!!!

Thanks for the info on the oatmeal pancakes. I need to pick up a few ingredients and I will make some up this weekend
icon14.gif
icon14.gif
icon14.gif

Have to get back to work...

Mary

CLEAN EATERS UNITE!!!!

Good Morning ALL! Well I got a good night sleep last night! I just finished doing Drill Max Scrambled cardio premix (I love that one) and Abs Circuit No equipment needed.

My motivation today is: I AM IN CONTROL! NO SELF DOUBT! I'm not even sure if that means anything but that's what came to me just now! :cool:

Chrissy, glad you had a good time! You will be ready for that new swim suit in no time! I think your goal is VERY doable! I'll have to try that recipe - I love cottage cheese!

Gayle, I've been spending too much time on the computer as well. Of course while watching TBL last night I surfed...yes indeedie!

Mary, DH had an oatmeal issue too but he eats it now. Maybe it's the brand of oats because ours is never slimmy (we buy at Costco of course! :eek: ) I don't put anything on my oatmeal other than whatever fruit I'm having, but I'm used to eating it that way.

Good Morning Julie! How's your recovery week coming along?

Crystal, if you're able to read posts...hope you have a computer soon!

Okay, off to the shower! Good Morning to everyone that follows!

Jo :D

Just finished disc 17. I am wiped out. That was tough. Glad it is over. I am still increasing my weights. Legs I seem to be able to keep increasing. I am feeling strong, but not as strong as our Gayle ;). I will probably try to get some cardio in before school.

BBL
chrissy

Yeah Chrissy! I'm still feeling my legs from Disc 17 from Monday. Again, like with 14, I'm feeling it higher up on my glutes. I'm sure its from all the lunge work. I'm loving Meso 2!

Jo

Hi, ladies. So you mean I'm not the only one walking funny from disc 17??? lol For the last 2 weeks, I've wavered on what to do for cardio on Wednesday mornings because of Wednesday's killer leg workout! LOL

Oh, and I have a protein pancake recipe very close to Chrissy's. I like to freeze my cooked pancakes and reheat in the TOASTER. It makes the outside a bit crispy and the inside warm and soft. I eat them as-is and LOVE them! Now I'll have to go make a batch! lol

Gayle

Good Afternoon Everyone! I have been cleaning house all day . DS has two friends over and DD has a friend over. I attempted to do soe cardio today but my heart rate monitor doesn't appear to be working even though uts new. I would love to hear what all you ladies are using.

Mary, For the oatmeal you could gring it in a blender or food processor and add it to a smoothie. I take oatmeal and grind it into a fine powder and then I start adding my other ingredients to the smoothie. Getting the oatmeal really fine is key.

Chrissy, I was checking out the suits at VS. Which one are you going to get. I went bathing suit shopping last night. I felt like killing myself of course the 18 year olds in the dressong room trying on the same suits didn't help! I haven't worn a suit in 11 years!

Gayle, What do you use the Glutamine flower for?

Julie

Just wanted to post my food so far today:

M1 6 egg white scramble/oatmeal w/strawberries, 6 almonds
M2 3.5 oz chicken breast/asparagus 1/2 orange
M3 Cottage cheese w/sweet potatoe & tomato
M4 Protein drink (out of bananas!) :(
M5 - ??? don't know yet; on my way home

Jo :p

Ds and I did a 6 mile run, it was fun! He runs slightly slower than my running friends so makes for a nice easy run. Glad to hear that you had a good birthday Chrissy! Kim

Hi Guys,

I did disk 14 again. It's amazing how fast it goes and before you know it you're all sweaty and all done! :)

I typed a post earlier and my daughter was sitting with me with her bear, she accidentally hit the keyboard with her bear and wiped it all off... She looked at me with big eyes and said, bear did it lol!

So here I am again, I'll probably post in two stages in case she does somethig similar...:)

Monthly progress report here:

I only lost 1 lb! That would have been frustrating the heck out of me, but fortunately I also did tapemeasurements and the body fat % calipers.
According to the calipers I am 17.6 % (down from 19.6 last month) I lost 2.6lbs of fat and gained 1.6lbs of muscle! THat is more motivating right there! I also lost 1/4 inch off my hips and 1/2 inch off my thighs. So I'm not complaining. Comparing last months progress to this month's progress I'd say the low carb experiment did not make a huge difference. I may phase in more carbs again.

Eats for today (one of my busier days out of the house a lot)

m1 chocolate banana protein shake, 1/3 cup oatmeal and 1 scoop flax seed
m2 nonfat milk chocolate protein shake with some instant coffee in it
m3 lettuce, canned salmon, green onion, tomato, cucumber, dill, basil salad with almonds
m4 promax bar and walnuts
m5 homemade chili and mixed veggies

be back for personals

Ok, here I am for personals.

Gayle, it is funny that you marked your calendar! lol, that is exactly what I have started doing the last couple of months, and it really helps me too! I didn't have any binges and stayed clean through the whole thing too!

Mary, I also use the oatmeal from Costco. Usually I eat it plain with some salt, but when there is time, it's fun to mush in a banana and add some flaxseed or ground walnuts. I also like grating an apple into the oatmeal after it's cooked. Hubby loves his with raisins and cinnamon. I even tried a suggestion I found on the forums: cooking it in chicken broth, add canned chicken and mixed veggies for a 'chicken pot pie' like creation. I know, sounds very weird, but I actually liked it¨lol
To get the benefit of oats, you could also just try cheerios. definitely nothing slimey there!:)

Chrissy, I think you chose very well for your birthday dinner, and I say if you can't indulge on your own birthday then when can you? I hope you fully enjoyed that dessert! A swimsuit makes for a great motivator! I'm curious too, as to which one you are going to get...:)

The pancakes sound interesting, will have to try them!
Gayle, I like to toast mine in the toaster too!:)

Hi Jo, Kim, Maggie, Chrystal, Rachel,Belinda,Tracy and anyone else!

Hey guys!!! Last post of the day for me, cuz I'm heading to bed, baby!

Julie....the Glutamine Powder (1 tsp) goes in my morning shake. It's supposed to help promote healing in the muscles and alleviate DOMS (although I think THAT doesn't pertain to STS! HA), so I drink it as soon after my workout as I can....I usually workout, take a quick shower, then come downstairs with my hair in a towel and enjoy my morning shake while checking in on the PC! :D Does it really work? How would you know? But it can't hurt, right?

I'm a bit confused, I think. lol Tuesday's post got bumped up somehow and I think I may have posted to that earlier? LOL Not quite sure.

G'Night, ladies.....Disc 18 tomorrow, then I'm OFFICIALLY HALF WAY done with the 6 month STS rotation (but still have cardio no Friday). LOVE IT!

Gayle

Well I came home and DH has fixed Mahi mahi...sooo for M5 I had mahi mahi and a big green salad w/red peppers, yellow peppers, cucumbers, onions, walnuts, mandarin, tomato and broccoli. And, the big devil made chocolate cookies, but NONE for me! I said NONONONONONO!

Cendrine, my calipers FINALLY showed up today so I'll test them tomorrow when I first get up against my Omron.

Tomorrow is Disc 18 for the first time!

Hope everyone has a great day tomorrow! I know I will knowing I turned down chocolate chip cookies tonight! :eek::eek:
icon14.gif
icon14.gif
icon14.gif
icon14.gif
icon14.gif

WE ARE THE CLEAN EATERS!!!!

Jo :D

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.