6 Monthers, STS, Tuesday

banslug

Cathlete
Hi, ladies. Happy Tuesday!!!!!

You all make me laugh with all our talk about The Girls! lol Gel inserts, Mary, I never thought of that. I'm actually waiting for a coupon for Kohl's to come in the mail (they come once a month) so I can go bra shopping and replace them ALL!!!!!

Oh, and thanks for the comments on the picture. But didn't you all know that the policy is No Guns on School Property!

So, it's Tuesday and I'm about a day behind on all your posts. I haven't had a chance to reply with personals to you all the way I like, and the way you DESERVE. But starting today it quiets down a bit around here. Today is my last work day till Monday of next week ('sick day' tomorrow, personal day Thursday and early dismissal Friday). I SHOULD clean my house, but I'm just going to chill out and play with the kids, play with my scrapping stuff and make some fun projects, and just CHILL!

The clothing company will be calling today to let me know how many pounds we collected. The driver last night estimated it at about 6-7 THOUSAND pounds. We'll see what the official word is later today. I went to bed with a feeling of accomplishment over what we did at the school last night. And I slept like a ROCK!

This morning's workout was disc 23 Legs and the Extended Stretch. LOVED IT! I sooooo love working legs....I'm sure I've said that several times before! :) This disc brought in wall squats with the ball and weights, plus leg presses for which I used my barbell since I could go heavier than my heaviest dumbbell (think PLB leg presses with the barbell). And, of course, the paper plate work!!!

OK.....gotta get the lunches bagged and ready to go. Kids are FINALLY able to take the bus again since DS can WALK WITHOUT CRUTCHES!

BBL

Go TACKLE YOUR TUESDAY!

Gayle

I am currently putting a gel insert inside my bras until I can replace them. My DH is always asking if I have my boobs in :eek::eek:.

Mary- does that mean you need to replace your boobs or your bras-:p LOL

chrissy

Oh, and thanks for the comments on the picture. But didn't you all know that the policy is No Guns on School Property!

Gayle

Ha ha- that made me laugh.

Great job on the amount of clothing you collected. You should be so proud of yourself!!!

I have my training appointment today. It's chest, tri's and shoulders. If I can I will squeeze in some extra cardio. Then I have to study for my final tomorrow. Then I am done with school until the week after the 4th of july. I have a 2 week class in adult fitness training.

I have to go now. I will be back later
Stay strong and focused. We can do it!!!!
chrissy

Gayle- I was thinking about doing the Avon 2 day breast cancer walk in NYC. It is oct 10th and 11th. I think I am going to do it. Would you be interested in doing it with me? It is 26.2 miles the first day and 13.1 miles. I don't know specific details yet.
chrissy

Yeah its Tuesday!!!
For me that means STS day so along with Thurs and Sat ie is one of my favorite workout days right now! I know I am like a broken record but I love double wave loads. Today was disc 19 and that DWL really sneaks up on you. For me it was esp. sneaky on the lying triceps ext. I thought when I started that next week I would need to add some weight. But when I got to the second round I was struggling.:eek: Just the way I like it. I know then that I am really working.

I think we have finally got our friends to a point that they might can go it alone with some pointers here and there. I know several of you have said they are lucky to have us but we are lucky to have them. I have known my girlfriend since I started school (small town) and her husband was my brothers best friend. So we have known them both forever!

Cendrine-You should be so proud of the not snacking at swim lessons!! Sometimes it is so hard to resist. I just try to tell myself 'There will always be ceetos and I do not have to eat those!' Normally when DH and I go out to eat I always order healthy and he never does. Yesterday he ordered steak and chicken tenders with seasoned steak fries! Normally I would have a fry or 2 and or a bite of fried chicken (used to be my favorite). But yesterday I ordered grilled chicken and veges off the kids menu and a side salad. I did not have one bite of his food. I was as proud as a peach! :D I attribute it to mostly yall. Everyday I get on here and everyone has eaten clean. I want to be in on that action!

Gayle- I think you have earned a break! 6 or 7 thousand lbs!!!!! Did you load it all? That must be how you get those guns:D You are amazing. Not only your family but your whole community is lucky to have you! And just think some people say they don't have time to work out!

Chrissy and Jo-If your big girls are keeping you down then what is keeping me down. }:eek: I would hate to think it was my big head instead!:p

See you guys this afternoon!

Rachel

Good Morning Ladies!!

I love the Big Girl Theory... I definetly fit into that group!

Gayle, You look awesome.. I can not believe all that you lost on BFL. I worked really hard for Meso 1 and don't have anything significan to report. Hopefully now that I am back on track at the end I will have something to show for it.

Mary, Thanks for the advice about seeking help pof a professional. I already see someone and that helps. I have quite a unique situation. Too extreme to post about the details on the site though. In addition I have two kids with a fair share of medical problems.

Does anyone know where I can post my pictures. I think I heard of picturetrail.com?

Good luck to everyone today.

Julie

GOOD MORNING FITNESS GIRLFRIENDS!!!

I did Disc 21 today so that wraps up my Meso 2 week 3. This coming weekend is my first long weekend so I'm trying to get started on week 4 and then I'll be able to stay on track when I get back next week. (I actually only doubled up a couple of days with weights and cardio and it's worked out okay so I haven't missed any workouts.)

Chrissy, today I decided to lower my weight a couple of pounds on the DW barbell curls and that helped me maintain the target weights for all the bicep work. (My biceps are fried...wish they showed more!) As Gayle has big guns I have little squirt guns! :p

I'll be back later for personals as I need to get going. Have a great day everyone! :eek:

Chrissy and Jo-If your big girls are keeping you down then what is keeping me down. }:eek: I would hate to think it was my big head instead!:p

Rachel, this made me nearly spit my coffee! ROTFLMAO!!! Too funny! Is your hair heavy? :D

Hi Guys,

I did DM cardio today, initially I was planning on the 63 min premix, but opted for the 39min one instead and added on the stability ball abs. Not quite all that energetic, I was woken up about 6 times for the last couple of nights, that might have something to do with it....

Rachel, isn't disk 19 fun? I'll let you know about disk 20 tomorrow! And wtg ordering so well and not sneaking any fries off hubby's plate! We really do help each other by just sharing our stories of how we beat the temptations, it helps me stay clean for sure!

Hi All!

OH YEAH! Thanks, Jo, for the reminder about TBL finale! I can't wait to tuck the kids in bed at 7:58pm and hear them whine that "it's not even 8:00 yet!" lol

Sorry to hit and run....I'm in the middle of a project of loading my mom's pics onto my PC and she's coming back for her disc in, like, 2 minutes.

Chrissy-VERY VERY VERY possible on that October event...that would be cool.

More later, PROMISE!

Gayle

gayle- maybe we can make our own team- Cathe's Tristaters.:p We can see if we can recruit others-like Jerry, Ellie, Phyllis, Laura, Dianne

chrissy

Hello everyone! Sorry I haven't been around much the last couple of days. DH and I were able to till the backyard this evening where we are putting in a vegetable garden. Now watching TBL finale and catching up with you all. :)
Got KickMax Premix #3 done yesterday and disc #21 on Sunday. Today is a rest day. I'm finding that I haven't had many DOMS the last couple of weeks even though I definitely go to failure but I'm very fatigued all the time.

Gayle WOW!!! :D ON those biceps! It's the first thing I noticed in the pictures. Of course what a great job you did on the clothing fundraiser! How sweet of your sister to make you the scrapbook, I would love to see pics. The Chicken Cordon Bleu recipe sounds great as my ds loves chicken Cordon Bleu, can you share the whole recipe or was that it?
I'm so glad to hear that your ds got ready of the crutches, did the doctor say anything about when he can start baseball?

Jo What a sweet stepson you have! He obviously cares a great deal for you! Do you have other stepchildren or just the one! Sounds like your yard is keeping you busy and fit! Maybe you can share some pics when it's all done!

Chrissy I love the movie popcorn, I always get tempted as soon as I smell it! How nice that you and DH got to go to a movie alone! Are they kids back at school? What are you taking at school, I'm sure you told us but I forget??

Julie I'm so glad to hear from you. Hopefully getting back into the exercise routine helps with your depression. I'm glad to hear that you are getting some support.

Cendrien So was there an ear infection? Are you up in the night with sick kids? WTG on resisting all those snacks! Do we get to see a pic from the daisy fields?? It sounds beautiful!

Rachael I know it's been said before, but what a great friend you are. Sounds like you have a great relationship with these friends and I'm sure they're appreciating all your hard work!

Mary Love the pics! Sounds like you a great time! Thanks for the motivation with the challenge. This weekend coming up is a Canadian holiday, Victoria Day, for Queen Victoria and we're going to be going away to my mom's cottage at the beach. This is always a really time of temptation for me so this challenge will be good motivation for me.

Kim

Hi Kim! I guess we were posting at the same time....so ya watching TBL? It's only 6:15 here...I am anxiously awaiting!

Good Evening Everybody!!

Oh Chrissy, that video is soooo funny, thanks for sharing it!! I needed a good laugh today. I have a girlfriend that is so into the plastic surgery thing, and I kept thinking of her while Justin was singing his songs.

Today was cardio and I just finished up CCV6 on the treadmill. I'm moving my workouts to the evening for this week, and will try to start back up next week in the mornings. I'm really not digging the evening workouts~~~

All the talk yesterday of the "twins" had me chuckling all day today. I will never be able to do another pushup without thinking of you big breasted girls and your struggles. I really wish I had your problem :p. Once I put my running bra on, I look like I have 2 "small" pancakes inside my shirt!! lol!!

Gayle-I think you deserve a rest day after all the work you have done lately. I so badly need to go through my closet and clean things out, and I think you've spurred me on. That will be on the agenda for this weekend if the weather keeps me inside. I loved the "no guns allowed at school" comment, but I think they would allow an exception for you!! lol!!

Cendrine-Sorry to hear that you haven't been getting a restful sleep lately. Last night our power went out for about 2 hours, and I was so afraid that without his alarm my DS wasn't going to get up in time for school. Both DH and I tossed and turned until the power came back on. Hopefully both of us can get a good nights sleep tonight!!!

Jo-Little squirt guns, too funny!!! I bet you have some awesome looking arms, to go along with that nice chest musle!! I am amazed that you are able to double up some of your workouts. That takes a lot of determination and strength!! Must be all that clean eating!!!

Rachel-Doesn't it feel good when we can say "no" to a temptation!! My DH orders fries and very rich foods also, and it can be challenging for me at times watching him eat. When we go out to dinner, if possible, I research the nutritional information for the restaurant, so I am somewhat prepared of what I'm going to order. It helps to keep me on track. Keep up the great work
icon14.gif
icon14.gif

Julie-I'm glad to hear that you are currently seeing someone to help you through these tough times. It really helps to have someone to talk to. You sure do have a lot on your plate right now, so don't be to hard on yourself. We'll be here when you need us!!!! I am absolutely no help on the picture thing. I kept trying to get the pictures I posted a few days ago to be smaller on the page, but that large size was the best I could do. Maybe Gayle can offer some advise since she's downloaded pictures before.

Kim-A cottage at the beach!!! Can you hear me heavy sighing????? Will you be able to swim, or will it be cold where you are going??? I guess it doesn't matter because you are going to a cottage at the beach (here comes the heavy sigh again!!). I also find that I am fatigued a lot more from this series. I definitely need more rest to recharge this body of mine. We will also be putting in a garden, but will wait until the end of May to plant. It's still a little chilly in the evenings for the veggies that we want to plant.

Well ladies, it's time to call it a night. Hope you are enjoying the TBL finale! Have a wonderful evening and we'll talk tomorrow!!!

Mary

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.