6 Monthers, STS Tuesday

banslug

Cathlete
Good morning everybody!

I have to go back and see if I missed any later posts from yesterday/last night.

I have one thing to say..........OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I did the repeat of disc 20! OMG!
After last week, saying it felt easier than disc 17, I decided to tweak a few things in the repeat today. I lower my step height by one risers for the one-leg sit N stands.....down to 7 risers with the topper now. HOLY COW! My right butt cheek was talking to me thru the second set. I also increase my plie squats a bit (remember, I'm using a barbell from the floor instead of a dumbbell so I can go much heavier now), and I increased my barbell weight a bit on the lateral step-ups and narrow stance squats. Mind you, not a HUGE change, but just a little bit here and there and WOW! Everytime I peeked at my HRM I was at 87% or higher! OMG! And I'm really wiggly now! OMG!

Have I said OMG yet? :D

OK......I have to get moving. Another busy day with Staff Appreciation Week. Baseball tonight, but it will most likely get rained out. And I have my Book Club meeting tonight as well. All good!

BBL, PROMISE!

KICK IT HARD TODAY, GALS!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Gayle

Gayle Just out of curiosity and before I forget to ask again...What are you reading?

Whoooweee Wonderful Tuesdee!
Have I mentioned before that I love STS days:eek: Probably only about 1 million times. Today was disc 16 2nd week and let me tell ya. Those 2nd weeks are where it is at for me. Not that I do not feel it the first week, it's just that I feel I really get down to business the second week. I know I am probably repeating myself on that one too but sometimes I just impress myself:p and want to shout it out. But like alot of you I don't have many that want to hear it...You know the non fitness fans:rolleyes:

I have to go get breakfast but will be back later for personals!

Rachel

Hi, Rachel! OH I SO AGREE with you on the 'getting down to business' on the repeat week. I felt that exact same thing today with disc 20.

Our book club will be discussing The Book Thief by Markus Zusak. Here's the overview from half.com:
"Books, war, love, and mind-blowing sadness spin together in this compelling and complex young-adult novel set during WWII in Germany. Death, a dour, sarcastic figure, chronicles the distressing, tumultuous life of young Liesel Meminger, a foster child in a poverty-stricken neighborhood. At the age of nine, the practically orphaned Liesel is sent to the Hubbermans just outside of Munich, where she is taught to read by her kindly foster father and given tough love by Rosa, his wife. The little girl's obsession with books becomes a consuming passion fueled by some life-changing thievery. Along with Liesel's joys and sorrows, and Death's observations on them, are the stories of Liesel's best friend, Rudy, and a young Jewish man hidden by the family. This stunning novel is a testament to the never-ending horrors of war in a gripping, highly original story."

This makes it sound sad and depressing and although the story and the times at that time WERE depressing, the book/story itself just drew me in and I couldn't put this book down!

Here's my menu for the day:
M1: Myoplex Lite Shake with Glutamine powder (again, quick fix for a busy morning)
M2: Protein Pancakes
M3: small banana, 2 lite string cheese
M4: Chicken Coconut Soup
M5: Cendrine's Super Energy Kale soup, tilapia fillet (love this combo)
M6: BSN lean dessert protein drink (BEFORE Book Club, where I will chew gum the entire time to avoid the food that's brought)

Gayle

GOOD MORNING GIRLS!!!!

I am feeling frisky and naughty for taking today off. I just got done with CCV7 (Mary, you have GOT to get a spinning bike!).

Gayle, I'm with ya on the Disc 20! When I looked at it yesterday, I thought the weights looked more manageable so I uped a couple and really tried to go low on the paper plate moves and I'm feeling it! I was feeling it last night! So my spin this morning helped work out some of the tightness.

Rachel, I'm with you on the 2nd week of these workouts! That's why I'm so glad I decided to do this 6 month rotation. The second week is always so much more effective and I think I work harder as I know what's coming!

Okay, I'm off to the shower and then we're off to the Mariners game! It's raining cats and dogs here, but in Seattle the staduim has a retractable roof so I know it will be closed today! Will only get wet walking from the car.

I have no idea what I'm eating today but will avoid HOT DOG at all costs!!! MUST NOT HAVE FABULOUS BASEBALL HOT DOG...I WILL NOT SUCCUMB! :eek: Okay, here's the truth: I've already fixed healthy snacks. I have a ziploc with broccoli and snap peas in it along with packets of carrots, my tuna packet and an apple! (Aren't I good? :p) Just thinking of you guys! :D

Hi Guys,

not much time today.

I did cardio timesaver premix body max2 and abs

m1 banana chocolate shake and oatmeal
m2 strawberries, yoghurt, oatmeal
m3 salad with chicken, almonds and asparagus
m4 protein bar and nuts
m5 leftover chicken stirfry

swimlessons have begun, so I am on the run

I hope I have time to come back later.

Jo, nice plan on the snacks at the game!

Hi guys! Drive by post for me too! Sounds like we're all quite busy!!!

I am taking the kids to their last LAST last Religion class of the year. WOOHOO! One less thing to worry about, one less place to be! Then I'm coming straight home to make your soup, Cendrine. I have everything laid out on my kitchen island, ready to chop and simmer!!! YUMMY! DS has been taking the soup in his Thermos to school the last few days, and I need to use up the rest of the kale in the fridge. So.....another batch of soup is on the way! YUMMY!

BBL

Gayle

Ok I must confess and after Jo's post about all the healthy snacks she packed I am kind of ashamed:eek: DH and I had to go to a town about an hour away to put some moisture tests in and on the way there we pass to peach orchards. They both also sale strawberries and an assortment of other fresh veges, salsas and canned things. Well since tonight I am going to make Jodelle's Mexican Lasagna from the recipe forum, I thought we could stop in there and see if they had fresh zuchinni. Of course they did. Plus fresh strawberries and the sweetest older lady that was the best salewoman you ever met. With a twinkle in her eye she told me they also had fresh homemade strawberry icecream too. And then I would be darned if she didn't twist our arms into getting some;) DH and I decided to share but you know how little old grandmothers can be. So she brought back an overflowing cupful. And let me tell you it was worth every cheating bite of it too. There was no thick aftertaste that store bought ice cream leaves in your mouth. It tasted like mashed up creamy strawberries..yum! But I did not eat much I made sure I chugged my water right when we got back in the car before I even had a bite so I had that full feeling already. Now I am going to make sure I adjust a little for the rest of the day and back on track I will be. Sorry guys but I couldn't hurt that little ol' ladies feelings.

Jo-I am so proud of you for packing snacks. I am a big snack packer myself. Esp. if I know I will be in a danger zone into my hunger zone. I hope you don't get too wet going into the game but I guess in Seattle you are used to it. We are soggy down here too but dry season will be here soon enough.
Let us know who won.

Gayle
Good for you. One less trip to make. How was teacher appreciation day? I love books like that. Right now I am reading 'The Observations' by Jane Harris. Next I think I am going to read 'Out Stealing Horses' by Per Petterson. That one also has a very somber description but sounds very good.

BBL
Rachel

Hi Everyone.

I had a workout with my trainer today. It was okay. I feel like I get a better workout with Cathe than with my trainer when it comes to legs, bis, tris and shoulders. The chest the same and I feel like I get a better back workout with the gym equipment.

Well I got back on track today with eating after my 3 day binge. :( I didn't weigh myself because it would probably depress me. So I will wait until friday to see the damage. Yes- I turn 1 bad day into 3. That is why I can't let myself get off track at all. I undo all my hard work. At least I never get off track with the exercise.

Gayle- religion is over for us too. Yeah!! The boys always gave me a hard time about going.
You scared me about disc 20. But I am excited. I am always psyched for a new leg workout!! I won't do that one until friday. :confused:
Do you tend to eat the same things over and over? I noticed you have been eating the Kale and the Coconut soup everyday? Do your boys eat the same thing too or do you make them something else? Do they eat healthy or are they chicken nuggets/pizza/pasta kinda boys?

Jo- did you enjoy the game? Did you stick to your packed snacks? I have no doubt you did. You are being so good!!

Rachel- I feel the same way about the 2nd week. I really can get it right the 2nd time around. I am glad I chose this rotation. (Although sometimes I can't wait to get to Meso 3;)) That homemade icecream sounds yummy. No wonder you couldn't resist. I probably would have done the same thing. (i betcha Gayle and Jo would have been able to resist!!) I think I need a recording of Gayle and Jo telling me to stay clean- playing in my ear all day. Hey guys- can you get to work on that for me and send it out ASAP!!!;) he he

Hi Cendrine- I hope you had a great day.

Have a great night everyone.
chrissy

PS. I AM SO SICK OF THIS RAIN!!!!!!!:(:confused::(:confused::mad::(:confused:

Hi, Chrissy. My boys whine and moan and groan every Tuesday because they know it's religion class night! LOL But after Communion on Saturday, that will be all done with, although I really want to try to be 'good' about going to church more often. I actually enjoy going, but it feels like such a hassle to HAVE to go....does that make sense? Or does that just make me a bad Catholic? lol

As for my eating. I am such a creature of habit that I have no problem with eating the same things over and over. For weeks like THIS week, when every single day is jam-packed with stuff, it's just so much easier to have a batch of this and that to eat every day....no thinking, no more prep, just heat, grab and eat. My kids are really good about eating. They will eat ANYTHING that's grilled or baked, as far as meat. Chicken, steak/beef, sausage, ham, etc. Veggies, we're working on and fruit is also a work in progress! LOL But my older son is so much more open to things now, and he tried my soups this past weekend and LOVED them both, so he's been sharing those with me. My younger son is more picky and doesn't eat any soup other than chicken noodle, lol. But I am not 'stuck' with the 'kid food' like nuggets, pizza, etc. So I can't complain. I love cooking on the grill or in my Nu Wave Oven because it's super easy for us each to eat what we want. That's why I freeze meats in 1 or 2 serving packages....I can eat tilapia, Jake can eat sausage and Zach chicken...then they will eat the same side/veggie.

Are you sorry you asked now? LOL Sorry for the long response.

Headed to book club shortly! I'll be taking a protein bar in my purse. I ate dinner a bit later than planned and that pushes that last meal later than normal...so the protein bar is for emergency, assuming there is nothing healthy there to eat.

Gayle

Chrissy - You and me both on the recording! If only we could be as disciplined as them. But let me tell you what is working for me right now. Trust me, when I fall off the wagon it is a long skid too:eek: Since the challenge I have really been chugging the water. I normally just drink water but I have been really drinking it down. I think this is a Gayle method too. I nver put much stock in this before because I could not really keep it up. You know if you fell a craving coming on drink a glass of water first. I think that helps but what I think is really working is continually drinking alot of water through out the day because if you are like me...once a craving hits you can drink the water but you are still going to indulge in the food. So I have noticed that staying full of water is making me not crave at least I think that is it. Not discounting the support we are getting from here too.:D

Cendrine - Since you are the seasoned chef here I was wondering if you had any healthy mashed sweet potato recipes? Maybe a more savory version then the old familiar cinnamon and brown sugar take.

Oh yeah I just wanted to tell you all that Jodelles Mexican Lasagna on the recipe forum was great. I thought it might come out bland because it had no salt added but I even used low sodium black beans and it was so flavorful. You all should check it out and see if it is something you might like.

CULater

Rachel

Gayle- I tell myself I should go to church because of the boys but I always find something else to do. I was worried about the lighting striking me dead when Ryan made his communion this Saturday. I am not religious at all. I totally can relate to them not wanting to go. I didn't want to go as a kid. We were in church every sunday. As soon as it was my decision I stopped going. :eek: (The firey pits of hell have a spot open for me!!:mad:-lol he looks like the devil.) I hope I haven't offended anyone. Sorry.
What is a NU Wave oven? Sounds interesting. I would eat the same things all the time too but I don't think my husband would appreciate that. My kids like all those kid foods. My oldest one will eat most meats but my younger one-it usually has to be fried or pasta. I keep telling him he won't grow if he doesn't eat better protein but he doesn't seem to care.

Rachel-thanks for the advice and for the support. You guys are great. I have never looked on the receipe board before ( didn't know they had one) I guess I will have to check it out. Thanks for the tip.

Good night everyone else- Kim, Cendrine, Jo, tracy, crystal, mary
Has anyone heard anything about Belinda.
chrissy

Last edited:
Hi Everybody,

It's another late post for me :(!. DS starting marching band practice already for next school year!! I couldn't believe it when he brought home the schedule. He had practice tonight from 6:00 until 9:00. I have to tell the band directors that practice is definitely cutting into my sleep time!!!! I've been moving my morning workouts into the evening, because it's just to hard going to bed late and still trying to get up at 3:45 a.m. to workout. I'm sure that's why I've been so tired this past week. I'm a creature of habit, so working out after I get home from work or track meets is doable, but I prefer mornings!!!

Gayle-OMG AND HOLY COW!!!! THAT SAYS IT ALL ABOUT WHAT'S COMING DOWN THE PIKE. Along with everybody else, I also love the 2nd week for each of the workouts. I'm better prepared and know where to increase or lower my weights as the moves come up. My workout tonight was CCV8 on the treadmill. I ran a little over 6 miles, and just remembered that tomorrow I will be doing Disc 14 (Legs) for the 2nd week. Is this the appropriate place to say OMG and HOLY COW, what was I thinking???? lol -WHAT DOES EVERYBODY THINK OF OUR NEXT CHALLENGE DATE AS MEMORIAL WEEKEND????

Rachel-Did you have to mention homemade strawberry ice cream. My mouth is watering just thinking of it!! I am going on 3 weeks of healthy eating, and I'm getting worried about the square dance party this coming weekend. The party starts at 6:00 p.m., so my plan is to eat a protein rich dinner and pick up a veggie tray that I can snack from as the night progresses. As long as I stay away from the alcohol I should be OK, but I do like a cocktail when I host these kinds of parties, and that's when I can really lose control. Please send me encouraging vibes!!!!

Crissy-I was just thinking the same thing you mentioned. I never get off track with my exercise. It's just something I do 6 days a week. Food on the other hand, I am not as disciplined with, and wish I could be. I've been good these past 3 weeks, thanks primarily to this forum, but it does not come easy for me, like exercise. My problem is I love food as much as exercise. I do find that the longer I go eating healthy, the less temptations I have (but Rachels strawberry ice cream sure does sound good right now!!)

Jo-Hope you had a fun time today at the game. What a fun way to spend the day off!! They announced that my DH's plant will be shutting down for approx. 2 months, starting next week, so DH, DS and I will be able to take a few days here and there and take some mini vacations while he is off. I have several family members who have cottages upnorth on the lake, so we will spend some time visiting once the warm weather gets here!!

Cendrine-Hope you are having fun at the swim lessons. I had your chocolate banana shake again after my run this evening, and I think I'm going to incorporate it in as a regular evening snack for now! It fills in for when I most need a sweet.

OK everybody, it's getting close to 10:00, so I'm signing off for now! Have a wonderful evening and we'll talk soon....

Mary

So you Biggest Loser fans, who will you be voting for? I don't think Canadians can vote. What did you think of the marathon?

Today, my mom's friend passed away from a heart attack. My dad died a few years ago at age 60 while on vacation in Mexico. My mom started attending a grief group and met this gentlemen. They have spent a lot of time together travelling, dating,etc the last few years. I guess he was her boyfriend although that seems like an odd term at that age. They kept seperate households and everything but spent a lot of time together. He had a heart attack in January and again last week. My mom seems to be doing okay, but it's going to be hard for her. The funeral is Friday. I have to admit I never really liked the guy and never thought he was very nice to her but I was always friendly as she seemed to really enjoy him. I did lots of stress eating tonight :(:( Just feeling so bad for her. It's feels kind of odd as I'm not really grieving but trying to support her in her grief.

Chrissy That's too bad about your ds's birthday, kids get so excited about their parties, hopefully he wasn't too disappointed. Congrats on the 5k.

Mary Stupid question, but when/what is memorial day? It must be a USA holiday? Is it in May?? My mom has always been an amazing athlete! She's always been a gym rat, I swore she retire so she could spend more time at the gym. She has always ran faster than me and probably always will.

Cendrine Ahh, Cinderella, I see why you live so close to Disneyland;) What a pretty name.

Jo- What an inspiration your mom is! How was the game?

Rachel, that little story about the drive with DH, the little ol lady, the ice cream......it made me jealous! No kidding! I envisioned this romantic trip with DH into the country with a gray-haired, toothless lady dishing homemade ice cream on the pasture! LOL No worries. And on the water topic......yes, I drink water all throughout the day. You'll always find me with a water bottle in my hand (or tea mug, lol). I drink at least 1 gallon in a day....and it really DOES help because I find that it really DOES fill me up and if I eat too much I feel gross because of all that water in there! LOL

Chrissy, I agree....forget about the 3 days and move forward. 3 days is better than 4, right??? Starting NOW! And yes, the recipe board is loaded with some good stuff. And if you can't find anything there, I'm sure Cendrine and I have a recipe that will get you cooking! As for the religion........I call MY religion The Revised Catholicism! And my reservation plot is right next to yours down there! LOL

Mary, Mary, Mary! Enjoy Legs tomorrow after CCV8 today! LOL EVIL LAUGH! You'll learn. (I'm kidding, of course, because I have a run tomorrow after today's legs, so which order is better? LOL)

Jo, I hope the game was good! I LOL about your snacks. Here's a funny food story! Last summer Mom and I took my kids to see a minor league game and I was on a roll with my eating. So I took a food container with, get this, steamed fish, asparagus and diced tomatoes and ate that cold......in the ladies' room! LOL I actually brought it into the ball park in my purse, and when it was meal time, I went into a bathroom stall and ate with my fingers! LOL Imagine the SMELL of the fish and the asparagus in a BATHROOM! Dedication, lady, that's what this is! Hope you were successful!

OK.....just posting real quick before going to bed. I have a run and core work for the morning.

And...it's official...I've broken up with my BF. We chatted tonight and agreed that we're more friends than a couple, so that's what we're going with. We've agreed to remain friends and to allow our kids to remain friends. We all go to the same schools and we cross paths all the time....our kids have become good friends, so we'll all on the same page now. I feel good about that. Onward and upward!

G' Night!

Gayle

Hi Everyone! Just back a little bit ago (had to get home for the Biggest Loser!).

Anyway, fun fun fun! I am the queen of good girl! I ate my snacks and drank water (no cola).

The Mariners lost (boohoo). It was pouring when we got there, then the sun came out so they opened the roof for about 30 minutes and then it started pouring again so they closed the roof (but it takes about 15 minutes to close so you get drenched in the meantime - but all part of the fun. It's just hood on, hood off, hood on, hood off! :D) You know you don't live here without jackets and hoods! :p I'll try to catchup on the thread. But Rachel, I have no problem eating the same thing over and over and I truly have no problem not indulging. So just like today, everyone was eating dogs and other crap and it doesn't phase me. I know I feel better when I eat CLEAN - have I said it lately??? CLEAN EATERS UNITE!!!!!

Cendrine, we stopped at the grocery store on the way home and I got the ingredients to make the Kale soup tomorrow night. Oh, and I found out the raspery chapotle is straight from Costco (comes in a two bottle pack).

I'll try to post again before bed otherwise I'll catch you all tomorrow! I HAD A GREAT DAY!!!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.