6 Monthers, STS, Tuesday

banslug

Cathlete
Good morning....just a quickie to get us off to a great start.

Legs, Disc 17....DONE! OUCH! I was fried after the 2nd tri-set and said a few choice words. I was glad my kids weren't up yet. lol

Cendrine & Jo....I use those tuna packets often. I always keep several on hand at home and take some when we go places like the beach, road trips, my parents' house (lol, mom buys nothing but junk, most of the time).

OK.....gotta dry my hair. WIth DS on crutches, now I have to take them to school and pick them up.

BBL

Gayle

I am a little behind.
I did disc 13,chest shoulders and tri's. I knew I worked them hard when I was taking a shower and instead of raising my hands to was my face I lowered my face to my hands..:p seriously! It was unconcious at first and then I thought wo. Thats crazy.:D
I am loving it:D

Gotta go finish my shake and get ready for another sunny day.
Rachel

Good Morning all. I did never get back yesterday to post any personals. I was busy most of the day.

I hit the 10 lb loss yesterday morning. So excited. And then last night I got into the peanut m&m's. Ugh!! All of my kids Easter candy is sitting on the floor in my room where my computer/school desk is. I was able to resist it for a week and then last night I don't know what came over me. And my biggest problem is stopping once I had a taste. That is why I tend not to allow myself to cheat because sugar triggers something in my brain. But I will not let it get me down. I am moving foward!! I am also moving the candy out of sight. It sounds like a few of us had some 'treats' over the past few day.

Gayle-Your physical strength (and emotional too) amazes me. 135 lbs for squats, and 35 lbs for flys and we already discussed your shoulders. WOW!!! You go girl. I always thought I was strong but I am not even close to your level.
What is Bunco? I never heard of it.
It seems like your kids really like Bedtime stories. They seem to watch it every night-LOL.

Maggie-Glad your ankle is feeling better. How do you like your spinning bike? What a great present!!
Way to go on the progress. A new weight low. Yay!! And it is always nice when the husband notices all your hard work.

Jo- glad to hear your DH procedure went well. I probably should go for one too. :confused:. Although I heard that drink is great for weight loss-LOL.
I love cardio fusion. And yes it does take alot of energy to finish. Of course I think DM is the hardest segment and Cathe convienently puts it at the end of the workout-UGH!! But the time does really go fast.
So the 2nd week of meso 2 is harder than the 1st? I can't believe you did CCV8 and went for a 6 mile hilly hike -you go JO!!!

Cendrine- Where do you live? Disney land is in CA right? It says on your profile you are in Alabama but you only took a day trip to disney. How did you pull that one off? Glad you had fun and stayed clean. I know it can be extremely hard to eat clean in disney. We went to disney world last August. I love seeing the characters- I think more than my kids (LOL)
Congrats on your progress. It sounds like all of us are starting to see and feel all of the hard work we are putting in.

I have to sign off now but will be back to finish posting.
Have a great day everyone.
chrissy

Hey Chrissy, if MY profile says I'm MALE, then Cendrine can be in Alabama and still take a day trip to California Disney! LOL GREAT JOB, GIRL, on that milestone. Forget the M&Ms....they're gone and out of sight. But I'm the same way as you....I have no problem NOT STARTING, but once I do start it's very difficult for ME TO STOP! That is a big reason that if I just don't feel like I NEED a cheat meal, then I just don't take it. I want to avoid that downward spiral.

Rachel-LOVE it when we have to lower our heads to our arms! LOL Like when I blow dry my hair...I'd rather bend over upside down than take my arms overhead! LOL Great job on that workout!

I'm enjoying my eggs and oatmeal before I head to school. Not much else to share at this point. So I'll sign off FOR NOW!!!!

OH......

and....

WE CAN DO THIS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Gayle

Good Morning Ladies! Well I am really resting on my rest week. I have not worked out yesterday. I have been sleeping on a couch for over a year between the uncomfortableness of the couch and the stress I don't get a lot of sleep. I did get 7 hours last night, but I was up 26 hours straight beofre that. Gosh, I am getting really good at complaining.

Gayle, Thanks for offering to send me the book. I am going to see if the library has it, and if not I will pm you my address. I was planning on enetering but using sts as my workout. Can I do that? I thought I read that BFL had excerise guidlines.

I am going to try to do the basic step today and an ab workout, hopefully p90x stretch tonight. I have mjor house cleaning to do today. I have been working on switching out the clothes for the season and cleaning up the clutter to ready the house for sale. I hate this kind of stuff.

I will BBL hopfully to report a workout.

julie

Julie, yes they have their BFL guidelines and program itself, but there's no RULE saying you have to do it 100%%%%%%%%%%! Just like anything else, you tweak what works and fix what doesn't. I'd be more than glad to ship the book to you.....I referred to it a lot my first time out. Let me know!

Gayle

HI EVERYBODY!!!!

Well my morning started off pretty hectic. DS calls me from the school bus all frantic that he forgot his track uniform and he needed it for pictures today. I flew up to the school (about 30 minutes in the opposite direction from my work) only to be told by the office that the pictures have been rescheduled until next week. I ended up getting to work 1/2 hour late, which is never a good way to start an already busy day!!

I am really missing the DOM'S in my upper body :(:(. Can't believe I'm saying that, but it's like a constant reminder of all the great work we are doing. I may regret saying that after I start disc 13 next Monday :D. I did the high/low cardio premix from the 4D's last night. I love the music in that workout, it really keeps me motivated all the way through.

Julie-Getting the house ready for sale is never a pleasant thing to do. Try not to get to overwhelmed with the process. Sounds like you have a busy day planned! I hope the sun is shining for you today, that always makes cleaning "a little easier"!!

Chrissy-HIP, HIP, HORRAY ON THE 10# WEIGHT LOSS. I'm the same as you, sugar definitely triggers something in me and I can lose control so easily. I'm sure the M&M's didn't make much of a difference in your overall loss. Keep up the great work!!!

Rachel-I will be starting Disc 13 next week, and the arm raising/hair washing issue is really getting me even more excited. The more I feel it, the happier this girl is
icon12.gif

Gayle- I AM OFFICIALLY STATING THAT MY NEXT CHALLENGE IS TO EAT HEALTHY UNTIL MAY 9TH!!!! I NEED ALL YOU 6 MONTHERS TO HOLD ME ACCOUNTABLE!!! I KNOW I CAN DO IT, AND I WILL DO IT (My sister and I are putting on a big party that weekend, and I will probably want to drink & eat some of the goodies, so I will use that as my goal date)!!

Maggie-You and Jo have my interest up regarding the spin bike. My DH and I really enjoy the spin classess held at the "Y", but the bikes are locked in a room until class time, so we can't use them any other time except for class. I think my DH would hit the ceiling if I asked for another piece of equipment for my workout area! He has some knee issues and the spin bike doesn't bother the knee, so he may be in favor of adding just 1 more piece of equipment :p. WE'LL SEE......

It's time for me to sign off!! Hi to everybody else checking in today!!!!

Mary

Good Day Fabulous Fit 6-Monthers and Clean Eaters (yes that includes YOU Mary!) :p

Well, I don't know how you all get up so early. I had to get up at 4:15 to be at work at 5:30 for this finance meeting and it just about killed me! Actually I don't know what I'm whining about, I used to HAVE to do it all the time for travel! Anyway, it is now noon, I've had three of my five meals and I'm ready to go bed! Today is my rest day. My legs are really feeling happy from Disc 17 yesterday! Yessiree indeedie! :D

Gayle, yes I SO love those trisets! They are awesome! How is DS doing?

Rachel, I'm laughing over your arm issue. I posted something similar after the first time I did Disc 13! I'm with ya! I can't wait for Mary and Julie to do it!

Chrissy, CONGRATULATIONS ON THE 10 LBS!!!! :D:D But stay away from those M&M's! They are one of my downfalls too so don't feel too bad; you deserve a little treat! Yes, DH said he lost 6 lbs over that little "drink." He weighs about 215 normally and is 6'3". Let's see, is 2nd week harder...Disc 13 was definitely the hardest for me the first week. I haven't done 18 yet, but I think the legs this week are harder. Let me know what you think. I know on Sunday I was a machine with CCV8 and 6 mile hike and, I might add, I slept like a baby that night!

Julie, I know several people that have done Body for Life and really had great success with it. DH has followed the workout plan before and really liked it (he wasn't following eating plan). I think it's a good program from what I've seen and heard. Don't give up on the step! I know you can do it. Just be patient! REWIND! :p

Mary, I LOVE LOVE LOVE my spinning bike. The CC's are awesome on the bike. I also have about 10 (or maybe 15) Spinerval DVD workouts that I use. It's it the only cardio I can do that (for me) is equivalent to when I use to run (well besides Imax 3). And now that I started doing doing Cardio Coach, OH MY! I've been able to really push myself. (I love my Spinervals too however but Coach Troy doesn't have Coach Sean's voice!) I think I bought mine in 2005 but maybe 2006. I love that you're joining our CLEAN EATING! Like Gayle said, we're all in the challenge with you! :eek:

Hello to everyone else that follows! Oh, Gayle, thanks for posting the thread about Belinda, I'll go send my well wishes! CBL.

Jo :D:p:D:p

Okay- I guess I have been out of loop. I was reading all the past posts and I don't remember hearing Belinda was going in for surgery. I knew she was having sinus issues but I didn't hear the outcome. I am glad everything went well. Thanks Gayle for posting that update.

Julie-I guess you are taking advantage of your rest week, although trying to get the house ready for sale can be alot of work in itself.

It took me a while to get some of Cathe's step moves but I eventually got them and they are so much fun once you do. Keep at it.

Maybe you can pick up one of those air mattresses. I think Target sells them cheap. They might be more comfortable than your couch.
I have the BFL book. The receipe book is great too. I use that book all the time and they are very basic/easy.

Mary-WTG on finishing Meso 1. You will love Meso 2. I find I am not running around like a chicken with no head. Its is more 'relaxed' but definitely more intense.
I loved your coconut person story. That is awesome you guys pass it around to parties. And like Cendrine said, it does sound like Wilson from Castaway.

Rachel- I am so glad you joined us. Everytime I see you signon I think of Matchbox 20. Even though their song is 3am not 4am. One time I think I was going to ask you if you liked them because of your sign on but then it dawned on me it was 4am not 3am. BTW, matchbox is one of my favorite groups. So what does it mean? Is that what time you get up? :confused:

Well I have to get ready for my 40th :)confused:)Birthday dinner with my family.
Have a good night everyone.
chrissy

oh Mary- I am with you on the eating clean until May 9th. We will all work together. I am still having issues with those damn M&M's:(.

chirssy

Chrissy, I didn't know Belinda was having surgery either. But I'm glad she found out what is wrong with her!!! She did post that it was suggested to her.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

M&M's tonight??? :eek:

Jo

Thanks Jo. We are going to Cafe Baci. It is an awesome Italian restaurant. One of my faves and I haven't been there in awhile. I will be having chocolate peanut butter mousse pie tonight. YUMMY!!! Hopefully my children will like it and I can just have a couple of bites.

chrissy

What a day...It felt like DH and I had to drive all over the countryside today.
At least it was beautiful out and we mainly were on old country roads.

I am already getting that wonderful tight feelin' in my wings from chest this mornin'. I feel like meso 2 was designed for me. I love the TF sets. I really try to give it all I can on those and I think this is where we are going to gain our strength.

Mary...Good luck with DH and the spin bike issue. Maybe he will give since it will not be something he won't use. Maybe make him think it was his idea. ;) And then when he loves it you can compliment him on what a good idea it was. Esp. for his knee.

Chrissy
Congrats on the 10#'s. That is such an accomplishment. What kind of cardio rotation are you doing? Have you had to be very restrictive with your meals?
Since I don't have kids to bring in easter candy, I do not have to worry about those rogue m&m's. It is the DH, who can eat anything because of great norwegian genetics and a tall frame, that brings in creme danishes and white chocolate kit kats that I have to avoid. Today it is the creme danish. So I told him DO NOT OPEN THAT AROUND ME!:D

Jo
I have been getting up at 3:54am for a few years now so I guess I used to it. But I also almost beat the chickens to bed. I am probably the only 32 yr old who has to tivo anything after 8pm because I know I will not be up when it ends. But the beauty of getting up that early is that DH is still asleep. No one is going to calland there is no distraction. So I can get in there and just really lose myself in the workout. I don't have to think about nothing else because nothing else has happened yet:D The other great thing is that I don't have to look great for work so I have 2 hrs to get a good workout in and then get ready for work.

Julie
I can not say I envy you...having to get a house ready for sale is definitely on e of those things I do not think many people enjoy. I hope you have a little help, and if not at least you will get all the moral support you can stand from us;):D

Hope everyone had a great day!
Rachel

CHRISSY-

HAPPY 40TH BIRTHDAY TO YOUUUUUUUUU, HAPPY 40TH BIRTHDAY TO YOUUUUUUU, HAPPY 40TH BIRTHDAY TO YOUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU, HAPPY 40TH BIRTHDAY TO U!!!!!!!! (Thank you very much!Applause is not necessary :p:p:p)

ENJOY YOUR SPECIAL DAY!!

Mary

HAPPY BIRTHDAY CHRISSY!!!!!!

Enjoying my recovery day and watching TBL.

Rachael Glad you're enjoying Meso 2 so much, it seems like most people enjoy it more than the first cycle.

Jo The flooding was actually the second thing on the local news rather than the first as it has been since early March. Things are status quo for now, many communities still evacuated, roads out. We're just hoping for no rain for a few weeks.

Mary Thanks for posting the poem about the marathon. I really enjoyed it! I have run one full marathon and 4 half marathons and do many of the same things, obsessing over weather, clothes, etc. It's really quite a nerve wracking event. I might still run the halfmarathon this June, we'll see. DH is running the full marathon as usual and hoping to make his Boston time.

Gayle So they confirmed the fracture in ds's foot?? So he has a walking boot?

Julie Hope you get caught up on your sleep! When is the house going up for sale?

Cendrine I heard on the news about the heat wave in California! Maybe I'll come visit you ;) we had snow yesterday :(

Kim

Hi again everybody,

Just a quick post before heading to bed.

Gayle-Thanks for the post about Belinda. Thanks also for the support on the challenge. It's a long one this time, but I am confident that with everyone's support, IT'S DOABLE!!! Chrissy & Jo - are we all in????? WHO ELSE?????

Jo-I think I'll sneak a peek at a few spin bikes this weekend. DH and I will be celebrating our 21st Anniversary in May. I may have to work that in the equation (he can't possibly say no to an anniversay request that we both can use). I also love Coach Sean's voice (and his body ain't bad either:eek::eek:).

Rachel-I thought I was the only nutty person out there that gets up at 3:45. My co-workers can't believe that I get up that early to workout. If I don't get to bed before 9:00 on a work night, I am really dragging the next day. I don't tape any programs, so I'm out of the loop on most of the good shows until they play the re-runs later in the season
icon9.gif

Hi Cendrine, Kim, Maggie & Crystal. We missed you today!!!

GOOD NIGHT!!!!!!!!!!!

Kim, yes DS has a fractured foot. He's not allowed to walk yet....3 weeks completely off the foot. Then we get another xray and hopefully he can walk on it at that point. Until then, it's NO WEIGHT on that foot at all!

Chrissy, I'm so so so sorry I didn't wish you a HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!! And, unfortunately, I can't get a sex change in my profile for some reason. lol

Rachel, your drive sounds great, to be honest. I LOVE getting in the car and just driving somewhere, anywhere, just to GO!

OK....heading to bed VERY SOON! Have cardio on tap. Haven't decided 100% what to do...Drill Max, BM2 cardio, Cardio Fusion??? Not sure yet. I'll wait till the morning and decide at game time! Then abs and a stretch! LOOKING forward to it!

Good night, fine young STS ladies!

Gayle

Hi Guys,

I'm checking in late today, and I think it may become late checkins for a while. I have some things that have been on my not urgent list for so long it's not funny, so I need to be more productive and get to come at the end of the day to check in as a treat.... We'll see if I can keep my mouse from clicking on the cathe nation before that...:eek:

I got up to do cardio time saver BM2 only to find out that hubby is running the dvd on our portable dvd player in the other room doing the weight portion lol! So I decided on LIC cardio timesaver instead. It was great, and with the heat already on in the early morning, I had no shortage of sweating...:)

I also did weights and plates abs circuit, it felt hard today for some reason....

for meals I had

m1 chocolate banana EAS smoothie and 1/3 cup oatmeal
m2 strawberries, yoghurt and 1/3 cup otameal
m3 big salad with chicken and walnuts
m4 leftover baked cod with string beans
m5 chicken and mixed veggies

On a roll and keeping it going here on the clean eating. I'm in, Mary, I'll eat clean with you through May 9, no cheats! THanks for the challenge!

Chrissy, lol, I noticed it said alabama in my profile, but I promise you I didn't enter that, I don't know how that showed up, I do, in fact, live in California, 10 minutes from Disneyland if the freeway is moving lol!
Congrats on your weight loss! I'm like you, sugar really does do something in my system too, out of control! It's crazy! Getting that candy out of sight is a great idea! I have my kid's candy stashed away in the cabinet so I don't see it too often, it works! Happy Birthday!

Mary, you will love meso 2! It is great, but I did love meso 1 as well! I'm a little scared of meso 3...:eek:

I don't have doms as bad the second time around, tomorrow is disk 14 second round. I love what sts has done for my legs, just in time for the heatwave here! I was wearing short skirts all week so far, loving it! It's funny when I've been wearing pants all winter I don't tend to notice any change in my legs, but when I pull out the summer stuff it's kind of like a reward for all the hard work.

Rachel, Mary and Gayle, I don't get up as early as you but 5 still seems early for me, but I love working out early and being done with it! And it's definitely nice in summer to work out in the relative cool of the morning as opposed to in the afternoon....:)

Kim, come on over any time! I won't hog the heat, I'll share! :)

Julie, sorry about all the work you have to do! I hope you can at least have some motivating music blasting in the house while you do it!

Hi everyone else!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.