6 Monthers, STS, Thursday

banslug

Cathlete
Good morning, gals. Another rainy day here in PA......it's been like this since Tuesday. At least I cut the grass (YUCKO) on Monday, right?

How are we all doing today??

Julie, I meant to comment to you. Join us for our next challenge, just set YOUR challenge. Your personal goal isn't MY personal goal, and it isn't Mary's or anybody else's....it's YOUR goal. So set what your goal is and let's do it! We're all in this together!

This morning's workout. WOW! Last night I posted on Facebook that I was looking for recommendations on Killer Cathe Cardio & Core for today, and someone suggested IMax 3 and Core Max 2. SOOOOOOO......644 calories later, that workout got kicked to the CURB, baby! I was a big ol' sweaty mess while doing the ball pikes. LOVED EVERY second of it!

Today...cleaning this AM for my friend, the work/school. Older DS' team is supposed to have a game tonight but we'll see what the weather does with that plan.

Today's menu looks like this:
M1: banana with PB2
M2: 3 hard boiled egg whites, Stewed Spicy Spinach (Cendrine, I'll get you that recipe, promise)
M3: egg white pancakes (at work)
M4: ???? something from my stash in the fridge!!!
M5: grilled chicken and steamed corn over farm salad greens, EVOO and balsamic vinegar
M6: BSN Lean Dessert Protein

Gayle

Good Morning Everybody!!

I have a few minutes at work this morning, so I'm doing my early morning check in. I did disc 20 (Legs) this morning. This was pretty tough for me since I did a 6 mile run last night. I'm sure I didn't allow enough time for my legs to recharge, but I had no choice. My lower body feels like rubber!! I don't know about you guys, but the 3rd set of the sit-n-stands really got me good. I'm sure I plopped down pretty hard a few times. So much for the egg under the butt approach!!! My egg was definitely scrambled by the time I was done!!!

Gayle-I was going to tell you that I have a vein too
icon14.gif
icon14.gif
. Of all places, mine is in my forehead and pops out every time I do a hard cardio. It stays out for about 45 minutes after a workout, and then finally goes away. It's probably my body telling me to cut back on the intensity of my cardio or my head is going to explode!!! LOL! I swear the thing pulsates at times. Just thought I would share that with you...

OK, my work day has officially started. YEAH, today is my Friday!! Besides my rubber legs, I FEEL GREAT!! Have a good morning everybody, and I'll check back with you later today!!!!!!!!

Mary

good morning ladies. Just got my kids off to school and I am eating my fiber one cereal. I am off to the gym today to run (at a high intensity) then walk for my training. I did the last chest workout for meso 2 yesterday. I think that was the hardest one yet. I feel it in my chest, triceps and even shoulders. Those tricep pushups are sooooo tough. It feels great :)confused: -at least when I don't have to move to much). I can't believe meso 2 is coming to an end.

Mary- I have that vein on the side of my forehead-right near my hair line. It is not pretty.
I hard boil the egg first before the sit and stands. It won't get scrambled just a little crushed. Makes for easier clean up:p. Hope your legs feel better later. I just bought epsom salts, haven't used them yet though. I think I will try them after legs tomorrow.

So our next challenge is in 3 weeks. I blew the last one, but I am back and ready for this new challenge.

I must be off. BBL
chrissy

Good Morning All! Today is no workout-o for JoJo! Taking a rest day. I have to get to work earlier today so need to be off!

My new glasses are ready for me to pick up today and I'm excited...I really stepped out...they are PURPLE! Yessirree! I hope I like them as much as I THOUGHT I did! Okay, here's the clencher; I don't have any purple, but I love it and I'm moving in that direction...it looks good with red right? I have tons of red and green and bijillion black. Anyway, I have no purple but will now have purple glasses! Oh, they are for reading so I don't wear them all the time anyway. Oh, the glasses will go with my morning ration of blueberries!

Mary, I have the head vein too! It's on the right side of my forehead along my hairline (like you Chrissy?) and it was a huge thing yesterday after CF! I measure my cardio intensity by my vein...if it's there, I probably need to up my calories for the day! :eek:

Okay, off to the shower!

Hi Guys,

I did low max cardio today and weights and plates abs. I'm trying not to overdo it while I'm trying to be back on track with the clean eating and staying in calorie range. I did well yesterday and I think I may be back out of the attack....

I'm making the kids finish up all the treats around the house,(they are not complaining!) I decided we can only have one treat in the house at a time. THat way if the snack monster hits, there will only be one treat to go after and the damage not as bad as if there are all these things I have passed up for so long that I just want a little of everything...

Ok, I'm in on the challenge, but it is a different one this time. I am going to do high, low alternating calorie wise and have one planned free meal for the next three weeks. Although recovery week is falling on one of those weeks and during that week I will do 3 low and 1 high for the week to compensate the lower calorie output.

I think I'm going to go to the library and see if Tom Venutos new book is there, if it is, I'll check it out and see if it is all he says it is before I buy it. Maintenance is my new challenge. In one of his statements he says that weight loss successes are only those who have maintained for at least 5 years. So there is my long term goal right there....:p I want to try to maintain the same bodyfat % , I may not be able to maintain the same amounts of lbs in muscle because I don't think I'll be able to do STS more than once a year and in the meantime I might loose some , but if the body fat % stays the same I'll be happy. I think it will take me a few months to figure out just how many calories are working for maintenance.

Hey, I was wondering, how much protein do you all try to get each day? Sometimes I'd like a meal that doesn't have as much protein so I can have more of something else, but am not sure if that is a good idea during STS. I usually get 20g or more in each of my meals, but it limits what else I can have. What do you do? Do you watch it or do you just play it by ear as long as you get some protein with each meal?

Have a great day, everyone!

Hi, everybody. Let me see if I can get in the personals I want to:

Chrissy: PB2 is a powdered peanut butter made from real peanuts, with all the fat and stuff extracted. Here's the website:
http://www.bellplantation.com/
I LOVE this stuff and have several jars in my extra basement pantry!

Mary: I have a forehead vein too, and I know it's showing when my kids look at IT more than at my EYES! lol :p

Cendrine: Here's that recipe:
Smoky Spinach & Chickpea Stew
16 oz can stewed tomatoes
1/2 - 1 tsp smoked Spanish paprika (can sub hot paprika if needed)
14-16 oz. fresh baby spinach, or 1 large (1 lb) bunch spinach
15.5 oz can chickpeas, rinsed and drained
1/2 tsp salt (I omit)

• In a Dutch oven or 4-quart saucepan over medium-high heat, combine the tomatoes and paprika and bring to a boil; boil 1 minutes.
  • Add the spinach; cover and cook until the spinach wilts, about 3-4 minutes.
  • Stir in the chickpeas and salt.
  • Cover, reduce heat and cook until the spinach is just tender and the flaros are blended, about 4 more minutes.
Nutritional Info: makes 4 servings, each serving has 120 cals, 2g fat, 0g sat fat, 0s trans fat, 0mg cholesterol, 659mg sodium, 23g carbs, 7g fiber, 7g protein, 157mg calcium

Original Source: Weight Watchers New Complete Cookbook

Gayle's note: I don't like chickpeas so I used Great Northern Beans and it was just fine!!!!

Cendrine-on the protein, I try to have equal cards and protein, around 20g per meal....but I don't freak out if I'm higher on carbs in a meal or 2. It's all about BALANCE and WHAT WORKS!

Jo-you'll need to update your avatar with you and your new cool (and PURPLE) glasses!

OK....gotta get a few things done before the kids get off the bus.

Gayle

No workout today. I have got to get going on that cardio. I pm Sonya(the hot chic in the photos) She was very nice and shared how she achieved such great success. The secret? Clean eating and lifting heavy.

Just checked out the PB2. Looks interesting. There is a place by me that sells it, for double the price on the internet.

Gayle, Can you tell me why you would use this over just regular natural PB? I love getting all this new info and great ides from everyone. I love this forum!!!!!!!!!!!

Julie, I eat the PB2 because it's YUMMY and has is so much healthier than regular peanut butter (less fat, that is). Natural PB is good, but for the calories and fat for the serving size, I prefer the PB2. I buy the 4 pack, and I also have the Chocolate PB2 and love them both. Hope that helps!

And imagine that....the secret to her body.....clean eating and heavy lifting; seems like I've heard that somewhere before! :p

Gayle

Evening everyone!
Disc 23 Whoo Wee!
I think this is my favorite one yet! I am getting really sad to see this Meso go. I have one more week and then it is on to meso 3 with all of you that will go before me.
I finally got my time of the month. I am about 2 weeks late. I used to be so regular the Myans could have built a calendar around me and they could have even set Big Ben ( it always happened at about 4am before I was getting up at 4) Now that I workout, a couple of times a year, it will just decide it doesn't want to come yet.About 2 years ago I went almost 6 months with nothing. This had never happened to me before so I was freaking out. I think I took 10 pregnancy tests. When I finally got into see my gyno, I had all sorts of tests but nothing was up. I am just a freak of nature I guess. Of course that was 700$ later. At least this time it was just 2 weeks.

Jo-I hope you love the glasses. I always get a little apprehensive when I step outside my box a little. But those purple glasses seem right up your alley...FUN!

Gayle-I am about to get some new cardio to tide me over...How does IMAX3 compare to IM2? I was thinking on it and low max to add to my slow growing collection.

Sorry but time has got away from me and I have got to get ready for BED!:D

Rachel

Gayle, thanks for the recipe, will try it shortly! Guess what? I made your chicken cordon bleu tonight for dinner! Man was it delish! I didn't remember if you breaded yours or not, but I ended up processing some whole wheat shredded wheat and some almonds with a packet of herbseasoning and crusted the stuffed chicken with it before baking. It hit the spot! ds held up his hands in front of me and said, ok, imagine those are all thumbs and then he kept pushing his hands forward and back saying this was the best ever and he made hubby and I promise not to eat the leftover chicken because he was going to eat it all.....LOL!
Thanks so much for sharing that recipe!

Rachel, I'm glad you don't have any drawn out issues with your monthly visitor, that can stress you out! Ever since dropping bodyfat mine have become more frequent and a lot lighter. Not sure if that's a bad thing?
If I had to choose, I would do low max instead of Imax3 but Imax 3 will definitely get you going on the sweating! But the low max has really good leg drills for blasts. If you can, get both for variety. my stretch max just got here today, am tempted to try it out tomorrow!

I just got invited to a divorce party. I initially declined but then before I knew it I was being persueded to go. This should be interesting! It is Saturday dinner time. This is really weird.

Rachel, IMax 3 has shorter recovery periods between blasts and step combos. I LOVE it, but IMax 2 has better music (in my opinion) which really carries you thru the workout. I love them both, but I have to agree with Cendrine on this too, LOW MAX IS AWESOME and really works the legs. And believe me, you'll burn just as many calories as IMax 2 or 3!!!

Cendrine, I'm SO GLAD you liked the Chicken Cordon Bleu. My older DS requested this for this weekend. And I don't bread ours...I just sprinkle with spices.

Headed to bed. I'm doing Cardio Coach Press Play in the morning for my last Recovery Week workout. WOO HOO!

Gayle

Good Evening Girls! :eek:

If they work, I will have DH take some pictures of me in my new glasses…or maybe a picture of my glasses and I’ll post them! I LOVE THEM! So far everyone that has seen them have said “OH MY GAWD – I LOVE YOUR GLASSES! THEY ARE SO YOU!!” (With that kind of enthusiasm!) Does my heart glad!

Cendrine, I don’t know how much protein I eat as I weigh instead of count. I usually have 3.5 oz of anything if I have to cut it up. For packaged things like tuna or the tilapia from Costco, I eat the whole thing of whatever. If it’s beans, I do a cup, if it’s cottage cheese I do ¾ cup. So if I know I want more protein, I eat one of those big tilapia otherwise I eat something else that I can measure. I should figure out how much I’m eating but I never have. I just make sure I am balanced with each meal.

Gayle, wow…I’ve never heard of powdered peanut butter! I’m going to go check that out! That recipe looks yummy! What is a chickpea anyway? I’ve never had those. I've got CCV8 for tomorrow and Press Play scheduled for Saturday (on my spinning bike). I really enjoyed my rest day today.

Julie, clean eating and heavy lifting! What a surprise! Did she tell you where to go look for the kind of plan she follows or anything like that? Maybe we’ll look like that after Meso 3! I’m with Cendrine…WTH? A divorce party! Tell us more! :eek:

Rachel, Imax 3 is my FAVORITE of the Imax’s! (Original Imax, 2 & 3 that is.) I always classified Low Max differently since it's low impact. Now, the music is more fun in Imax 2 but I really really really love Imax 3. For low impact though, nothing beats Low Max. They are MUST HAVES! DO IT! Don’t walk…RUN and put your order in! Glad your body is back cooperating. I have issues from time to time to but always have…no calendars by my body; it’s always done it’s own thing! I’m glad you liked Disc 23 – I loved it! Oh let me add, I classify Imax 3 with spinning and the HEAD VEIN! :cool:

Have a good day tomorrow everyone!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.