6 Monthers, STS, Thursday

banslug

Cathlete
Good Thursday Morning! Survivor tonight (Finale is Sunday, I believe) and Hell's Kitchen Finale tonight too!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Good TV night to be plopped in my comfy chair with the kids.

Julie-good luck on the gum surgery. And how cool would that be for a few of us to do that walk in the Fall!!!!

Cendrine-THANKS for the bean recipe! When this soup starts to disappear, I'm making the recipe next as a nice yummy side dish! THANKS!

Kim-I have extra sick days that I can carry over to next year, but I want to take a day off, so I just called my sub and arranged for her to work for me. Then I just call the person who ARRANGES the subs and tell her "I'm taking a sick day"....so I'm not lying....I AM taking a sick day. I didn't say that I WAS sick! ;)

OK....workout is done. As I pulled disc 24 from the case, I was kind of sad that it was the last disc of this Meso (although I STILL have my repeat week next week). And let me say WOW WOW WOW on this back/bicep workout with all those back-off sets. Biceps especially were AWESOME!

OH! And I HAVE A VEIN! As in a vein I can SEE popping out. Now, it was only while I was working out and pumping the weight, and I stared at it for a few reps to make sure I wasn't seeing things. It's there....right on my left shoulder. But it's gone NOW! Go figure! lol The little things make us happy....DOMS, popping veins, diminishing Girls! :D

Today is my personal day off, and I'll be cleaning my friend's house this morning for a bit...I can get in and out of there with the tasks I do in less than 90 minutes since there are no kids around and because it's not MY stuff laying around, I don't need to pick it up before I clean! ;) Then the rest of the day is quiet till a baseball game tonight, weather permitting. Nice and relaxing day, I believe!

BBL

What's your goal today?
What's your menu look like???

Gayle

Good Morning Everybody,

Yep, another quick post from me. My plans for yesterday evening got all jumbled and I didn't have the extra time I thought I would have to cook and relax and do an extra long post to you gals. I ended up working late at the office, had to go to grocery store afterwards (completely out of coffee) and by the time I got home, I worked out, ate dinner then it was time for bed.

Today is my Friday (YEAH), so I will finish my work day strong, and then have 3 blessed days to get caught up with life.

My work day is starting, so I have to go, but I love reading your posts when I have an extra minute or two during the day, so you are in my thoughts. I will try to post tonight if I can get my workout in early!!!

Enjoy your Thursday (My Friday!!!!), and we'll talk soon....

Mary

Hey girls early post for me!
Normally I have already finished my workout and am heading out the door but this morning, DH is going to the shop to look over some plans and I did not want to get started and then he get up and interupt disc 20:eek: I like to get in there and have no pausing so I can get the full effect of those trisets. So I have been up just waiting for him to get up and get out;):D. But at least for once my food will be totally digested so I can get the full energy that I need to get through it. So I will try to look at this delay in a positive way, like a scientific experiment! Right now I am just missing the energy boost I have normally gotten already by my morning workout. I think I might also be stallin'.

Jo-It is so sweet of you to go help your mother. Did you grow up in Oregon? Are you going to do any other visiting while you are there? Montana also sounds great! That is on my list of places to go. It looks so beautiful there! Oregon is right up there too. I think alot of us Texans are intrigued by the northern states that are full of cowboys.:D

Kim-DH is so sore. Finally I was getting to poke hime in his sore spots. Its been a long time since I could do that!:)
Maybe our next goal can be around July1 or 4. But that is a whole month away. That is definitely goal!

Julie-I hope your gum surgery went as well as gum surgery can be expected to go. Nothing about that sounds good. Esp. as much as I like to eat! It doesn't sound like that would be and option. I am sorry to , if this is too invasive, but what is Hashimoto?

Chrissy-Way to go on acing your test! It is always a good feeling when you get in there and know all the answers! Way better than the alternative. The walk you and Gayle are doing sounds great. I wish I could be there with you guys.

Gayle-It sounds like you are going to get the much needed relaxation that you so deserve. Those homemade sundaes sound great too.

BBL to report
I am off to finally get in disc 20!
Rachel

Good Morning Everyone! I couldn't get back last night to post again so I'll have to catch up later!

Today I did Disc 22 - yes as Gayle said there are pushups. Okay, here is the triumph: I did the first 10 on my toes! Yippee (I'm stronger!). Then the other 3 sets I could only do 7 each (instead of 10) on my knees. I think if there was longer breaks inbetween I could eek out a few more. Also for the tricep pushups, mine are very modified as I just can't support my weight...again, as Chrissy pointed out, it's my GIRLS! :eek: I loved the dropsets in this workout. In fact, I really loved this Disc - my shoulders are feeling it!

Gayle, A VEIN!!!! Are you kidding me? Next time try to snap a picture with your phone or something then you can look at it all day! :D (And post it for us to see!) I only get veins in my hands! :p

Mary, hope you're not having too work too hard! I know I got stuck at the office last night too and then it was the finale of LOST! So I was up too late AGAIN!

Rachel, yes, I grew up in Oregon. Besides my mom, sister and oldest brother, I am also going to see one girlfriend and then I have a girlfriend that is home from Honolulu visiting her mom, so we'll hook up! Yes, the Northwest is very beautiful! Where I grew up, we were 45 minutes from the ocean and 60 minutes from the mountains. In the summer, we could go glacier skiing on Mt Hood and then come down and go water skiing in the evening (we thought we were pretty cool!). It's funny because we think you have lots of cowboys! (And Texas Rangers of course!) Enjoy Disc 20!

I have an eye Dr appt later this afternoon so may not be able to see to post this evening! :eek: Hope you all have a great day!

Jo, for the life of me I struggle with those tricep pushups. I do them on my knees, and sometimes on my toes with my hands on the step/bench.....but I can only squeek out MAYBE 3, TOPS, with my feet and hands on the floor. They are killer!

Enjoying the quiet of the house. Rain is going to cancel baseball tonight so it'll be a calm evening FOR SURE!

Gayle

I just wanted to add: shoulders are fried...I could barely get my makeup on and fix my hair! If I wouldn't have had to come to work...I would have put on a baseball cap and called it good!

Gayle, my tricep pushups are so modified, I don't know that they count! But I do "feel" what I'm trying to eek out!

OMG!! I had know idea how involved this surgery would be. I have quite a few stiches. Ouch. Soft diet for the next two weeks until I get the stiches out.

Hashimoto's is an auto immune disease that affects your thyroid gland. Basically my thyroid gland does not function and I am required to take replacement hormone everyday.

Got to go time to ice. I am unable to exercise for a few days.

Hi Guys,

I did double cardio from 4DS and abs. I am a bit under the weather, not quite my usual energy for working out. But I got some glutamine and started taking it, it will be interesting to see if I can tell a difference.

Julie, I'm sorry you had to get surgery and are on restricted diet and can't workout for a while! I hope you get some good rest and enjoy the smoothies....

Rachel, I hope you enjoyed disk 20! Did you have more energy since your food got to digest more?

Mary, enjoy your long weekend, I with my thursdays were my fridays... :)

Hi Jo, Hi Gayle, Hi Chrissy, Hi Kim!

Julie....healing vibes coming at you!!! Take care of yourself and just be careful.

Cendrine, when you say 'double cardio', what do you mean??? During Low Max yesterday, it dawned on me that 4DS is the one workout/series by Cathe that I just don't use, so I promised to start doing the cardio portions more, starting next week. I've done the HIS and LIS a few times, and KB once....felt that it was all too short for my taste, but doubling up is a great idea!

Here's what my food has looked like today:
M1: Myoplex Lite shake with glutamine powder
M2: protein pancake (6 egg whites, packet of Kashi oatmeal....I'm trying to get rid of this from my pantry since I don't eat it as-is and this was a yummy way to do that).
M3: Tuscan Chicken Soup
M4: banana, PB2 (YUMMY combo)
M5: pouch of tuna, 1 T lf Miracle Whip on Arnold Sandwich round, steamed carrots and broccoli
M6: ??? probably a shake during Survivor

I have KP&C with abs on tap tomorrow, but I may do Cardio Kicks instead.....it's my fave and it's been a while since I've done it.

Gayle

Gayle-I don't use 4DS very much either but on monday I did the KB and the bootcamp and it was really a good calorie burn!

Just dropped in to catch up on post. I will try to be back later!

Rachel

Busy day today as getting ready to leave for the cottage tomorrow morning. I'll be gone from Friday to Monday with no computer access. Today I had cardio on the schedule and was having trouble getting motivated after work, groceries, making supper, packing, laundry so decided to do something totally different. I did a really old Kathy Smith workout video I was really into her workouts in the 90's before discovering Cathe. Anyone else do her videos?

Julie, so sorry that the surgery was so involved:(:( Hope you're feeling better soon!

Gayle, 4DS has a cardio premix that is double cardio, basically the disk for lower and higher intensity has a double cardio premix with the lower intensity warmup, then the cardio, then higher intensity cardio and cooldown and stretch, comes to almost an hour. I liked it! The bootcamp kick box has a premix too, I think, but I don't like those two cardios nearly as much as the lower and higher intensity....

Good news, both kids were well all day today and we were able to do swim lessons! ds was able to do the back stroke all across the pool and back! I was so proud of him!

More brownies and popcorn to avoid there.... But you know, it's starting to be a nobrainer! I love that!

So after May 25 are we going clean until July 4th? I think I should do that to avoid picking up any bad habits switching to maintenance...

Hey, Kim, I just missed you! :)
Have a great weekend and we'll be here when you get back!

Disk 21 for me tomorrow. I'm feeling the glutes from disk 20!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.