6 Monthers, STS, Thursday

banslug

Cathlete
Let the fun begin. I've got a super-packed busy day, so this is the last time you'll hear from me till tonight! lol It's bang band one thing after the other today.

Jo, I agree with you about feeling SUPER ON FIRE and I really believe it's the food we're putting into ourselves that is doing it.

I have to share a new (for me) food find. A friend at the school suggested I try Lara Bars instead of my protein bar when in an emergency. I picked a few up this weekend and last night in my rush to get in a meal at hungry-time, I grabbed an Apple Pie Lara Bar. OMG! These things are so yummy, and ALL NATURAL ingredients. No fillers, no 'pretend protein', nothing processed....like only 5 ingredients...apples, almonds, cinnamon, etc. It was good, but again, I want to only use these in emergencies for times like THIS week for me!

OK.....disc 21 is done and those biceps weren't any easier this week than last! LOL Last weight workout for this week of STS and next week is the start of M2W4 for me.

Ladies, I'll be thinking of each of you today as I trudge thru my day. I'll finally be able to sit down around 7 tonight, just in time to get the kids in the shower and relax with Survivor!!!!

ONWARD!

Can't believe May 9th is only 2 days away!!! We're hitting this goal we set a few weeks back!!! WTG!
Somebody suggested Memorial Day as our next goal date? What do you think???

BBL tonight!!!

Gayle

Whew!!! Disc 17 was no easier this week than last! Imagine that;) I think some fitness guru really knows what she is doing.! There are not too many workouts that make you stiff immediately after you get done. I was getting the laundry from the basket and thought 'OK bending down is going to be interesting today':eek: I don't know if those dead lifts at the end or what but something in that last triset really gets me good. My heart rate is so high you would think I was doing drill max #5. Gayle your so far ahead of me that is a distant memory behind a cloud of disc 20;)

Today I am going to spring clean or summer clean since it will be 90 degrees here today and then later we are headed to our friends' house to help them. They are starting a major BR remodel and I feel for them because I think they think it is going to be done in 4 or 5 days. It is hard enough when you know how to do tile and plumbing but they are not the most handy if you know what I mean so we are going to help them in exchange for rading their vegetable garden:D

Gayle You are so creative. That baby picture idea sounds like fun and I am sure everyone enjoyed it!
I think Memorial Day is a great idea. I have found that just having these dates is helping me out tremendously. Even if I am not 100%, I am so much better than I used to be. Who knew I was goal oriented!:p

Jo Since you mentioned the green eating I was wondering if you have ever seen Kathryn post about the green smoothies and if you have ever tried them? They sound really healthy but after my yummy sweet smoothies I have to honest...they don't sound tasty. Congrats on feeling great and eating so well. I feel the same way. I think I am even happier because I am not beating myself up about eating bad!
That is tragic about your BIL. He must not have been very old. I am sorry to hear it.

Kim
I am sure your mother appreciates you being there for her right now. It is probably hard for her to lose another companion. Sometimes when we are lonely we attach ourselves to people that might not be the best for us but we find comfort in just being able to spend time with someone. You are a good daughter for letting you mom have that.

Well I am off to clean house and start the day. Thankyou guys for always being here everyday. Somedays I know if I did not have this support I would be in this by myself and that would be so hard!

Rachel

Hi Guys,

I spent quite a bit of time on the heating pad throughout the day yesterday and slept on it all night and my back is better. I dared tackle CCV2 and was able to finish it, drenched to the bone, might I add (when the temperatures go up there, it becomes a double hard workout.... ) And I did medicine ball abs circuit as well. I'll continue the advil and heating pad for another day or so, but I think I was able to doctor it ok, phew. I would hate to have to slow down now!

Meals for the day:

m1 banana chocolate protein bar and oatmeal
m2 berries, greek yoghurt, oatmeal
m3 salad, asparagus, salmon patty, berries
m4 protein bar and walnuts
m5 tempeh and sugar snap peas

THis week and next week will have those protein bars in ther because I'm going to be on the run all week, but then it's back to healthier options.

Gayle, I looooove the Larabars! Costco carries them here and the cherry pie one is my favorite! But I also tried the chocolate orange the other day and that one hits the spot when chocolate is what you want....

Jo, I'm so glad you made the Kale soup and that it was a hit! Since you are talking about giving credit, the real credit goes to the website www.whfoods.org. there are lots and lots of free, yummy recipes on there that could not get any healthier if you tried!
I'm making a chicken mustard tarragon dish with swiss chard and peach blueberry crumble this weekend for a friend's birthday. The crumble is all clean using oatmeal, nuts and dates, and it's so yummy!

Kim, I hope you are doing well and finding ways to support your mom in this time that are meaningful to her. I always find it hard to know what to do or say when someone is experiencing loss, because I deal with loss differently than most people would. But I have found that it's usually the thought that counts in helping people feel supported. I'm thinking of you!

Rachel, rading someone elses vegetable garden sounds so much fun! Ihaven't been in an actual vegetable garden in over 10 years...:( My feeble attempts to plant in my backyard failed miserably because the soil is so bad... I thought disk 17 was tough too! We'll be moving on this new week. And the goal dates are great, I agree with you! It's funny, for me may 9 is already done, my new date is May 25 now!

My new overall goal is to figure out a way to find a calorie balance and eating plan that is clean and keeps me maintainig my new bf level and muscle mass. I have had a hard time to maintain in the past, before I had kids, so this will be a good challenge for me to keep watching it and being alert and aware.

Since some of you were talkig about churches and all that, I wanted to share what my experience has been. My parents took us kids to a lot of different denomination churches as well when I was a kid, and finally settled on one that would be considered rather conservative and legalistic. I grew up in that church seeing people model a God that I could not believe in, a God that was not loving and caring and who cared more about rules than about relationship. It was hard to see, too, the hypocrisy in my own family, my dad ended up being on the board of elders and well respected in the church, yet at home he was abusive and everything but a respectable parent. However, I was taught to read my Bible and pray and as I did that by myself I decided that God was simply not represented to me by people the way he really was. So one day, while I was still a little girl, I said to God: I don't believe you are the way they present you to me, so from now on it's just you and me. It really was a nice shift for me to realize that I could have my own relationship with God that did not have to look like my church said it should. Going to that church was not fun for me because of the legalist tendencies and once I turned 14 I went and found my own church. Needless to say this one was focusing on relationship and not rules. One of you guys said that church people are the hardest to work with and for, and it is so sad that it is that way more often than not. I worked in a private christian school , two actually, and both of them were a sad experience for me.
I have been humbled to see my own weaknesses misrepresent God at times and so I have become a bit less judgmental. I am on a journey with God, fully aware that people will always make mistakes and are human after all, as am I. I still get frustrated by church arguments and stuff, but it has really helped me to just focus on me and God vs me and church. I still go to church and I help out quite a bit at church, but my spiritual walk is more marked by the times I spend alone with God than by the time I spend at church.
Boy, that became longer than I thougt! I just suddenly thought of all that when you guys were talking, I hope it was ok to share my experience with you guys!

I'll be back later, everyone have a good day!

Good Morning My Favorites!

This morning was Kick Max Bootcamp premix. I hadn't done this before and I liked it pretty good but my legs didn't want to kick today (what's up with that?). I'm not a good kicker anyway, but my legs were not wanting to go for it! :cool: I had to really push them.

Gayle, I've bought Lara bars before to take on travel (emergency food!) and they are pretty good. My forearms are really feeling it from Disc 21 yesterday. When I was doing Kick Max and extended my arm down (or out - you know when you're kicking?), I could really feel the tightness where my arms bend. (Hope I make sense!) I told you I struggled with those biceps yesterday but was really pushing!

Rachel, I have to laugh about your friends! My DH is extemely handy. He and I completely remodeled our house a few years ago (except we didn't do the carpet and plaster). But we did all the tile, doors, trim, paint, wallpaper, rock fireplaces, etc. Anyway, one of his bestfriends decided to do some work at their house. About 6 years ago, he tiled the front porch area (about 6 X 6) and he still has never put the grout in! Likewise, he started the kitchen and it's been half done for over 4 years! We've offered to help, but...ya know? Yes, I've read some of Kathryn's smoothie drinks but have never tried any of them. I've never been a big smoothie drinker but I should give them a try. I think I would prefer something with ice cream in it! :eek:

Okay, got to go in the shower! Good DAY to whoever follows!

I'm totally up for a Memorial Day Challenge! Let's DO IT! :p:cool::eek:

Cendrine, we posted at almost the same time. I have to get in the shower so will read your post later! Have a good day! :eek:

HAPPY THURSDAY ALL YOU 6 MONTHERS!!

I am work, BLAH BLAH BLAH YOU KNOW MY ROUTINE BY NOW, so I only have a few minutes to post. I did Disc 14 (legs) last night and really kicked it out. Really concentrated on form, shoulders back, squeezing the butt (all those wonderful reminders from Cathe), and I felt really good after I finished, so I tacked on the pilate abs.

I am going on 3 weeks of healthy eating (excellent for me), and will finish this Challenge strong this weekend, and ready to tackle the May 25th challenge!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Cendrine-I'm really itching for a healthy sweet to take to the square dance, and your blueberry crumble sounds right up my alley! Can you pleassssseeeee post that recipe? I would love to bring that to the party, then I would feel like I'm having a cheat when I'm really not!!!! I will then be ready to start the new challenge Sunday feeling like I haven't deprived myself of a goodie!

Sadly, I've got to get back to work! I haven't been able to post at night, because by the time I'm done with my workout, I have just enough time to shower then it's bedtime :(:(. But, today is my Friday, so I will have lots more time coming up this weekend. I will even try to download a picture from the party (maybe even a picture of me with Clyde the Caller!!!) Have a great Day Everybody and we'll talk soon...

Mary

Mary
I am really looking forward to that pic with Claude...Hope you can get it!:D

Cendrine
You and I are in the same spot of STS so we will be coming up on the half way mark together!
I wanted to say that admire your observations on religion and I am glad that you posted. The more we know about each other the closer we will be.

BBL

Rachel

Thanks for your support ladies. The obituary was in the paper today, and his family made a really nice mention of my mom. Will go to the funeral/lunch with mom tomorrow, my aunt and sisters are coming too. Then we have a family get together Friday night for my niece's 10th birthday and I'm hosting a dinner Sunday for mother's day so hoping all the family around over the next couple of days will be a support for mom.

Got StepHeat done this morning, kind of a blast from the past. It was fun!

Gayle. Sounds like you're busy as always. You made me laugh with the story of eating your snack in the bathroom! Gotta say, I kind of went yuck, eating in the bathroom.

Cendrine How's the back feeling now! Is your dd's fever gone? Thank you for sharing your journey with your God! I agree with many of your points.

Jo WTG on eating clean at the game, always so many temptations at sporting events! I often have a diet pepsi as a treat when we go.

Rachael Sounds like a good trade you have going with your friends, you must be handy with that kind of stuff? Enjoy the heat for me, can you believe there is a prediction of snow for this weekend:(:(:(:(

Okay, question for all you clean eaters, do the calories in thank you gifts from patients count? How about when my patient who is on welfare, just recovering from major surgery, uses his very limited food vouchers to go to the hospital cafeteria and buys me doughnuts to thank me. So sweet, but I didn't want to eat them, but I knew he would ask, so I bought it home and DH ate it but I lied and told him it was yummy!

I have, like, 3 minutes. I read ALL your posts. Only have a minute to reply super quickly:

Cendrine, THANK YOU for sharing your religion story. I'll share mine when I get a chance!

Kim, no, those little white lies will keep your place in heaven safe and secure. And I haven't expressed my sorrow about your friend.

Gotta scoot....my 3 minutes are UP!

SORRY!

Gayle

Back again.

Kim, dd is well again and was able to do make up classes for her missed one and then do todays as well. She did very well and I'm so glad this was a quick bug.
My back is almost all better. I forgot to pop more advil this afternoon and I can't tell, so I'm really getting well quickly, which I am so grateful about!

Mary, I am happy to help you get something nice to the party, and this one you will love and make over and over again with experimenting with all sorts of fruits!

Blueberry, Peach Crisp
This quick and easy dessert takes only a few minutes to put together. It's a delicious way to receive the nutrient rich blueberries in your diet year round. For a healthy variation, top with a little vanilla yogurt. This dessert recipe is good enough for company and easy enough to prepare regularly for your family.

Prep and Cook Time: 10 minutes, cooking time: 45 minutes
Ingredients:

10 oz fresh or frozen blueberries
1 lb of fresh or frozen peach slices
¼ cup apple juice
Topping
½ cup almonds
½ cup rolled oats
1 cup pitted dates
2 TBS apple juice
½ tsp cinnamon

Directions:
Preheat over to 350. Place blueberries in the bottom of a square 8 inch baking pan. If you are using frozen, make sure they are completely thawed and drained of excess water. Place peach slices on top of blueberries. If they are frozen make sure they are also thawed and drained of excess water. Drizzle ¼ cup apple juice over fruit.
Remove pits from dates and place in the bowl of a food processor along with oats, almonds and cinnamon. After running for a minute and dates are blended with oats and almonds, add apple juice, and mix well.
Place mixture evenly over peaches and blueberries, and bake uncovered for about 45 minutes. Serve warm or cool. Serves 4-6
Healthy Cooking Tips:

Make sure the topping is well ground, and mixed while still ending with a coarse texture. It will have a tendency to be in clumps after processing it. When you place it over the fruit mixture crumple it with your hands into an even layer. Otherwise it will be in big clumps and will not look or taste as good.

1 serving is 280g, 364 calories, 7g protein, 67g carbs, 10g fiber, 10g fat

I hope it will work well for you, and may I suggest to make twice the recipe LOL!

I think it might be fun to top it with some fat free greek yoghurt but maybe not for the party...

Hi everyone else, I'm off to read before bed.

Disk 18 for me tomorrow...

Last edited:

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.