6 Monthers, STS, Thursday

banslug

Cathlete
Good THURSDAY morning, fine young ladies!

The weekend is almost here, and May 9th is one day closer! One day closer to our goal!!! WOO HOO!

Disc 21 this morning...Back & Biceps. I found myself kind of giddy and giggly this morning. I was talking out loud quite a bit and during the bicep work I heard somebody say "Holy S--T" a few times. Not sure who that was, but I'm glad the kiddos didn't hear it! LOL Talk about killer Double Wave Load. Holy Jinkies! LOL

Today is a little busy, but not bad. Kids to school, then I'm off to clean my friend's house for my weekly play money, then work/school. Tonight DS has baseball practice, then SURVIVOR, baby!!! We love Thursdays in this house!

RECIPES!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm a recipe junkie and love getting cookbooks from the library and checking out other folks' recipes too. I'm a sucker for a new soup, stew or chili recipe, especially.

OK....gotta get the kids up and started for the day. I'll BBL sometime!

KEEP WORKING IT, LADIES!

Gayle

ETA!!! OMG!!! I just went to the Workout Manager mark today's workout COMPLETE and I reviewed the month of April.......I have not missed a SINGLE WORKOUT this entire month. Not one. I haven't had to move a workout from one day to the next because I was lazy, I haven't had to alter my entire month for any reason whatsoever!!! I'm amazed at that!!!! Doing the happy dance here in PA!!!!!!!!!!!!! :)

Last edited:
Good Morning Everybody,

I got to work a few minutes early, so I have time to say HI EVERYBODY!!!! My legs and butt are KILLING me this morning. I sure did fool myself into thinking yesterday that I wasn't going to have any DOM'S from Disc 14. I should known better with Cathe!!!! I did IMAX 2 this morning, with 1 segment from the Abs Hits. After the first 2 or 3 blasts from IMAX 2 I thought I was going to have to quit, but I dug really deep and finished strong. Wasn't sure my legs could handle stepping up on the platform. lol!

My upper body is still talking from Mondays workout, so I'm a little nervous about Back and Tri's tomorrow.

TODAY IS MY FRIDAY!!! Unfortunately, I have a Board Meeting tonight at 5:30, and usually lasts for 2 hours, but then I'm done for 3 days (WHOOHOOO). I'll try to do personals tonight if time allows!!!

HAVE A FANTASTIC DAY!!

Mary

Hi, Mary! How is the world did you survive IMax 2??? LOL Great job. Enjoy your last day of work and after the meeting tonight, sit and RELAAAAAAAAAAX!

I forgot to mention earlier that working back with these heavy weights was quite interesting when my lats and back are already quite sore from KB yesterday! LOL And I also switched pull-up bands. I went from my medium tension band to my light tension band and I will be a hurtin' tomorrow! Just when the medium tension band was making THINK I MIGHT be able to do pull ups unassisted, the light tension said, "nah, not yet, Gayle"! LOL

Off to work! Have an awesome day!

Gayle

p.s. my pants are fallin' down....may need to donate these! WOO HOO!

I'M HALF WAY!!!! I finished Disc 18 this morning! MY SIX MONTHS IS HALF-WAY!!!! WHOOO HOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!

Now I'm on the downhill with Gayle!

Gotta go...Mary you have a board meeting tonight; I have one in two hours...must get moving!

Congrats Gayle on hitting all your workouts! That really feels great doesn't it? YOU ROCK!! WE ALL ROCK!! We're a bunch of ROCKERS!!! Don't you love that workout manager?

CBL!

Hi again everybody!

I'm grabbing a quick bite to eat for lunch, and thought I'd sneak a peek!!

Let me mention again how terribly sore my butt is. More so in my left cheek than right (What's up with that???). I moan and groan every time I need to go to the bathroom!!! OH I REALLY LOVE THIS STUFF!!!! I really thought because Disc 14 was only 48 minutes, that it was going to be an easier workout, but you know what they say about assuming something. lol!!!

Gayle- WAY TO GO ON THE PANTS FALLING DOWN. ISN'T THAT A GREAT FEELING!! I think it may be time for you to go out and buy a few new things to show off that great body!!! I went shopping last weekend and bought a pair of shorts and capris in a smaller size. It's an odd feeling looking for that smaller size (Gotta love it!!)

Jo-I don't know about you, but I really detest Board Meetings, especially after a full day of work! The Board I work with are constantly getting off subject, and can never stick with the agenda. These meetings should get over within an hour, but normally last 2.
icon9.gif
icon9.gif
I'm taking Gayle's advise and relaxing when I get home. I have my dinner already prepared, so it will be ready to eat as soon as I walk in the door.

Cendrine-I would like some of your recipes!! This weekend when I have more time I will review your list and let you know which ones! If I have time this weekend, I will make some more oatmeal pancakes (they are soooo good), Gayle's soup and one of your crockpot meals that you posted the recipe for earlier!!!

SORRY EVERYBODY, BUT I RAN OUT OF TIME, AND MUST GET BACK TO WORK!!! HI Rachel, Chrissy & Kim, and all others that post today!!

Mary

Quiet day around here today!!!

I've got a decision to make, ladies! There is a half marathon this weekend. I've done this race twice and LOVED IT!!!!! I didn't sign up for it this year because at the time of registration, I was really REALLY suffering with my Plantar Fasciitis and I missed the deadline before it filled up. Some of the teachers at my/our school are runners and know about all this info, and one of them told me today that she knew another teacher who signed up but is NOT running it. HMMMMMMMMMMM.....I've been kind of hoping that I'd run across somebody who changed their mind and that I could just take their bib number and run with it. Now I have the chance and need to decide if I should ask this teacher if I could do that. I know her well enough to ask that, it's just that I'm trying to decide if I SHOULD DO THIS!?!?!?!?!?!?

I'm seriously considering doing this. What do you think???

I know I can run the distance (13.1 miles), it's just a matter of should I? lol OH I'm EXCITED and scared at the same time!

Oh, and I just came back to post today's menu. I've gotten lazy with posting my meals.
M1: salsa chicken wrap (lo carb)
M2: 3 egg whites, 1 C cantalope
M3: small gala apple, 2 lite string cheese
M4: 2 C serving Chicken Coconut Soup
M5: tilapia fillet, 1/2 small baked sweet potato, steamed pea pods
M6: BSN protein drink

Gayle

Last edited:
Hi Guys,

my leg doms are in full swing from disk 17, I feel it more in my quads and the sides of my things for some reason. Mary, I do the same thing when going to the bathroom, that's when you feel it the most!

I did CCV2 and medicine ball abs circuit, it felt great. I love doing ccs when I don't have the cardio dvd Cathe's cardio suggestion has listed. I don't have any for this week so I'm doing cc!

I'm still feeling the chest and a little of the triceps, but my toning tube came in that you can put in the door, so this week when the chinups and pullups come to failure I can pop on the floor and crank out some more back work, yay! I like working my back!

m1 banana chocolate protein smoothie, oatmeal with flax seed
m2 blueberries, greek yoghurt, oatmeal
m3 big salad with red pepper, chicken, beans and almonds
m4 leftover sugarsnap beef meal with nuts
m5 wholewheat ravioli with tomato sauce

It is a maintenance meal day for hubby and I, so I decided to make a special dinner. I love ravioli! Depending on how many calories the tomato sauce comes to I'll be adding some veggies as well, but I have to make the sauce and figure out the numbers first....

Gayle, go for it, just do it! If the teacher lets you take their number go do it and enjoy it! And nice job on this months workouts! And the dropping pants! You are unstoppable, girl!

So here is a yummy soup recipe for you, since you like soups!

Super Energy Kale Soup
This quick and easy version of potato kale soup has extra vegetables for more flavor and nutrition and takes little time to prepare.

Prep and Cook Time: Prep and cooking time: 40 minutes
Ingredients:

1 medium onion, chopped
4 cloves garlic, chopped
5 cups chicken or vegetable broth
1 medium carrot diced about ¼ inch cubes (about 1 cup)
1 cup diced celery
2 red potatoes, diced into ½ inch cubes
3 cups kale, rinsed, stems removed, and chopped very fine
2 tsp dried thyme
2 tsp dried sage
salt and pepper to taste

Directions:
Chop garlic and onions and let sit for 5 minutes to bring out their hidden health benefits.
Heat 1 TBS broth in a medium soup pot.
Healthy Sauté onion in broth over medium heat for about 5 minutes stirring frequently.
Add garlic and continue to sauté for another minute.
Add broth, carrots celery, and bring to a boil on high heat.
Once it comes to a boil reduce heat to a simmer and continue to cook for another 5 minutes. Add potatoes and kale and cook until potatoes are tender, about 15 more minutes.
Add rest of ingredients and cook another 5 minutes. If you want to simmer for a longer time for extra flavor and richness, you may need to add a little more broth.
Serves 4

In order to make it a full meal, I add either a healthy chicken sausage or some chicken to it, and I think I used sweet potato instead of the red potato. It's yummy stuff and so healthy!

Jo, sorry you have such a busy schedule, but you sure are dedicated, you are a rocker! Your hubby sounds really sweet, your hubby and mine might get along rather well...:)
Thanks for the info on microwaving the sweet potato! Your meals always look great!

I'm going strong on the challenge, no cheats at all! I was just looking at my workout calendar too, it's looking all orange:) Love the workout calendar!

The next couple of weeks starting Monday will be busy, I have both kids signed up for a two week intensive daily swimm class right during the time I usually have for the forums. So if you don't hear from me as much, that's why, but I'll still check in, just might not be able to do personals.

You guys are so much fun!

Gayle,

I have yor bfl before and afters ported in my workout room for inspriration! No pressure! How much weight did you lose, bf, pants sizes? I am really needing some motivation.

Julie, OH MY!!! You have MY pictures up for inspiration??? Really? I'm embarrassed and flattered at the same time. Here is how I did in my BFL rotation:
weight...lost 23.4
BF%...lost 9% (using a body caliper, some trust it, others don't)
chest...lost 4"
waist...lost 5.75"
hips...lost 5"
thighs...lost 1.25"
jeans....down 2 full sizes

I hope that helps....it was therapy for me to write that down for you!!! What I'm planning on doing is finishing out STS. At that time it will be Road Trip time so I'll take a recovery week or 2, and based on my final results from STS, I'll either do another STS rotation (3 months) or BFL at that time. We'll see. Right now, I'm loving STS SO much that I can't see doing anything ELSE! :D

Cendrine, I'm MAKING THAT SOUP next! I have everything but the kale so I'll stop tomorrow to get that. Thanks for sharing it. Do you know the nutritional info on this, by any chance???

OK....just hanging out with the kids watching Survivor. I've got cardio and abs tomorrow, and I'm not sure yet what to do. I'll let the idea stew for a bit before I decide.

UPDATE on the half marathon. I ended up taking your advice and I emailed the teacher. Turns out, she's decided to run the half. BOO HOO I did ask her to keep her ears open in case she hears of somebody that's backing out. I really would LOVE to do this. I'll keep you posted, and THANKS for your input!

Gayle

Gayle, you may be embarrassed but I feel like a stalker!!!!!!!!!! Wow!! 23pounds? That is simply amazing. I am looking to lose about 10 pounds of FAT! I have read the book, thanks again for sending it. It does not seem like a really concret plan. It doesn't seem any different that what STS and clean eating are? Thoughts?

I am in on that soup too! Thanks!

Hello to all. I have been MIA, trying to pull it all together with my divorce and all.

Julie, the nice thing about BFL is that you can pick the moves you want to do in your pyramids. For cardio, it's killer, if you do it right. I'm telling you....20 minutes will be ENOUGH, believe me. It IS a concrete plan that is set out for you, but you still have the ability to choose....does that make sense?

The one thing about BFL vs STS is that with BFL, you go for an all-out, max-out weight by the end of EVERY body part pyramid. Does that make sense???

I was going to send you my notebook from my rotation just as a reference for the way I set up my weight workouts, but there was a LOT of notes and jibberish and just thought it may overwhelm you. If you want my opinion, ANY PROGRAM will work for you.....all you need to do is WANT IT, set your GOAL, BE CONSISTANT with the program AND your eating, and JUST DO IT!!!!! I'm finding my results with STS are right about the same as they were with BFL. I LOVE BFL, but I LOVE STS also.

Hope that helps some.

Gayle, sorry about the race, maybe something else will open up!

I hope you have a food scale because the serving size for this recipe is given in grams...

1 serv. 196g
93 calories
4 g protein
21g carbs
4 g fiber
0g fat

that is the numbers without the added protein. I'm not sure if you can assume that 196g would be about equal to 1 cup? I suppose if you make the recipe as given and divide it by 4 equally you would get that amount...

Julie, I hope you are starting to see progress. Since starting STS have you seen any changes, improvements? 10lbs of fat to loose is a lot for someone with an already lean body fat percentage, I would give myself small goals to reach on the way to the big goal to keep myself motivated. I definitely would love to see your before and after when you are done and celebrate with you!

Goodnight everybody, disk 18 for me tomorrow!

Hi Girls!!!! :p

I feel happy! I had a very good and productive day! :D

Mary, I’m so glad you’re enjoying Meso 2! Gotta love those DOMS! (I knew you'd love it!) Our board is pretty formal so things move along. (This was a conference call.) I had an hour presentation to do, answered questions and then was done. Anyway, this was my quarterly call, so I won’t do it again until July.

Cendrine, I sure love those CC’s! So is DH still doing them? Thanks for continuing to add healthy recipes! I have none to add! I eat pretty simple if I’m cooking; DH is the one with all the great cooking ideas and he makes them up! Although, I did make us a delicious salad tonight complete with garbanzo beans! Yeah, I thought it sounded like your DH is a great guy like my DH! Have fun with the kids with the swimming! Just post when you can!

Gayle, I so envy you and Chrissy going on the RT! What fun you are going to have! So out of curiousity, with your having done BFL, do you find doing STS with the 1RM’s is more beneficial? Or do you think if you do another BFL you’ll use the 1RM concept even knowing it's all out max? I bet the opportunity will still present itself for you to be in the ½ marathon! Have you considered just contacting the organizers and tell them you want to participate?

Julie, I’m thinking of you, sending you positive vibes, and wishing you success, happiness and joy! :D

Hello to Kim, Chrissy, Rachel, Maggie, Crystal, and Tracy! :cool::eek::D:p

Oh goodness gracious, I forgot to tell you all this outstanding itty bitty accomplishment. Read on….

We have a sky light in our bathroom. So tonight, when I came home and was changing my clothes (including removing my bra – it always comes off right away!), the bathroom light was off but there was outside light coming through the skylight. I looked at myself in the mirror, and oh my gosh, there is a little tiny chest muscle! YES, it can only be seen in the low light but it is NEW muscle that has never been there before! So as you all know how I complained through the Meso 1 pushups (that I could barely do on my knees but never gave up) and now bumping it up with Meso 2 where my chest has had more DOMS than ever, the clean eating and the support of all of you, I HAVE A TEENY TINY CHEST muscle! WHOO HOO!!! There's no stopping me now! :cool::eek::D:cool::eek::D

I THANK YOU MY FRIENDS!!!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.