6 Monthers, STS, Sunday Sunday SUNDAY

banslug

Cathlete
Good SUNDAY morning ladies. I just wanted to get us off to a start for the day.

I just finished Disc 16 (chest, shoulders, tris) and the Extended Stretch. Not sure what it was, but the incline dumbell flies nearly KILLED me! I could not even get the 35ers off the floor to be able to DO the flies! LOL SO I lowered my weight for that exercise and just kind of laughed at my COMPLETE inability to lift them off the stinkin' floor! LOL Must have been the incline bench presses beforehand that just tired me out! LOL I actually found that funny, for some odd reason!

OK....I want to get the kids an early breakfast. DS slept on the couch last night but was up crying his heart out because the HEAL of his broken foot hurt so badly from the soft-cast. So I unwrapped him, put ice on it and tucked him back in. We'll see how he's doing today.

I'll be back after breakfast!

Gayle

Good Morning Girls!!!!!!!!!!! My legs hurt so bad! I attempted basic step yesterday and it was aweful for thirty minutes i worked on the first step and then thewide step. That's it!!!!!!!!!!! I just kept rewinding and rewinding. I really wish I could watch her from behind it would make it much easier for me to follow.

Gayle, 35 pounds??? You're killing me! I feel like superwoman using 12.5 for flys! Granted I am a beginner but.... I am a long long way away from 35 for anything.

I am going to try step again today. I will probably start some real cardio tomorrow if I can't get htis step going.

Hello to everyone that follows.

julie

Good Morning All!
Well, it looks like we may not get to go hiking as DH had an important client call and he may have to meet him (I'm waiting to find out!). That's okay if that does happen as we can go do our hilly trail (it will be in the 70's here today!). So that just means we won't spend 4 hours driving! :p (Of course it's not the woods!)

Gayle, I feel so bad for your DS! My right foot has been broken and had surgery (I have a pin in it). The hardest thing about foot injuries is that you have to "walk" on your foot so it can impede healing. I always did everything (exactly) as the Dr told me so I could heal as quickly as possible. (The broken foot and surgery were two separate issues!) But it still takes some time! I wish a speedy recovery for him. When I broke mine was when I was running all the time and I think I was back running after two months (long time ago). Surgery was a separate issue; that was like 6 months before I could do heavy exercise.

Julie, I'm with you - I can't imagine heaving the kind of weights Gayle does! (You go girl!). I'm not a beginner but I cannot even imagine doing that much weight! We are all different! Here's a suggestion for the step: when I've had trouble learning a step I slow motion through it one frame at a time. Another idea is to just keep repeating the same combo over and over and then suddenly you'll get it.

Rachel - Uggghhh on you FIL! I can imagine how frustrating that is for you! I totally agree with you on STS! Cathe created a masterpiece with this program! I can't wait for the STS Cardio now! So where are you on the program? Did you just do Disc 15? Glad to have you part of our check-in! :D

Good Morning to everyone that follows! Happy April 19!

Jo

Gayle
I saw that you had started the Sunday checkin after I posted and thought how did I miss that, and will anybody see this;)
I know it has to be hard to to watch DS suffer esp. when you are doing all you can do. Mothering.:) Jo is right, the foot is a terrible place to be injured.
Last yr. I was mowing in flip flops...I know Stupid:eek:...and got stung on the toe by a ground hornet...I know not a major injury:D but you could not tell me that that day. I can normally shake off things like that but my unwillingness to set and put my foot up that day was stupid because I guess with all that blood rushing to my foot made the worst throbbing pain. And I normally can take alot of pain but I was a big baby theat day.:p
I hope DS foot gets better.

Julie
I felt the same way about the 35#. I thought I was pretty tough but I know I don't have nothing on some of these girls. Again though like Jo said we are all at our own pace and that is the beauty of Cathe's workouts and STS. You can do fly's with 5# or 50# as long as your pumping out the most weight you can that is all that matters.:D

Jo
I completed my first week of Meso 2 Sat and will repeat it next week. Since disc 15 is still fresh in my mind from yesterday I can really relay my thoughts. Scanning my body for what is sore. ( Even though I am still a little sore from disc 14) I really feel the bi's of course everytime I stretch my arm out at all. They really started working from the very beginning with the curls. My weight was supposed to be 43 but it was easier for me to instead just graduate up to my 45# bar...Must I say there is a reason why the weight was supposed to be 43. :eek: But I powered through and did well until the failure round when Cathe tortured us with the slow ups and downs. Downs I can do, Ups uhhh no.! Not without leaning back and loosing anything that might resemble good form:p. My back is the good kind of deep sore. I really feel it when I stretch. I kind of expected this because I felt I might be able to go up a little in weight on the rows so next week I think I can really get where I need to be. The beauty of our 6 month rotation is that we get to tweek our second week into perfection.:D

Can't wait to really push it next week and see how much I can punish;) myself into soreness.

Rachel

Good afternoon all you 6 Monthers!!

OK, I have to fess up, I wasn't that good yesterday after my post last night. I'm going to blame it on the movie (Yeah, that's right the movie)!!! No it wasn't because I temporarily lost control, or was bored. I know there was a subliminal message hidden throughout the movie telling me to go get a fatty snack :D:D:D. That is the only explanation I can come up with, and I'm sticking with it, just like that snack is sticking to my butt!!!! THE GOOD NEWS IS THAT I'M BACK ON TRACK TODAY!!!!!

Yesterday was my rest day, so I feel really strong right now. I think I'm going to do one of the cardio premixes from BM2 later today, then alternate every other day with running. I did most of my housework early this morning, then headed to the grocery store for my weekly shop. When I got back, DH was vacuuming the floors and couches, so I was really happy with that! DS just called to be picked up from his friends house, so DH is headed out to pick him up. Unfortunately, we live on the very edge of the school district, and most of DS'S friends live at least 5 miles from us, so we end up driving and picking up quite a bit.

Gayle-I feel so bad for your son. Doesn't it break your heart to see them suffer. I hope the doctor has some encouraging words for you on Monday. I will hope for the best! I was fortunate when I broke my foot that the break was in an area that would heal without the need for a cast. On another note, I had to chuckle when you said you were hanging laundry out on the line. That was one of the first things I had my DH put up after we built our house. Forget about the deck or landscaping, I wanted a clothesline!

Jo-I'm hoping you were able to take your hike today, but it sounds like the trail by your house is a very nice alternative. I have a friend whose daughter took a 2 week hike down part of the Appalatian (sp?) Trail. I read a book about the Trail last year, and have been very intrigued with it, but the thought of encountering bad weather and bears just doesn't appeal enough to me to actually want to take on that kind of adventure :confused::confused:.

Rachel-Most of my family has learned to leave me alone about my workouts and my food choices. Work has become another story!! We had a lunch last week where everybody was to bring a dish to pass. No particular reason, they just schedule these lunches every month or so. I elect not to participate because none of the food they bring is healthly, so I continue to bring my own lunch on these days. I am constantly defending why I elect not to eat the food they bring, and frankly it's starting to bug the hell out of me. They see my body getting smaller and I think (like your FIL) they feel guilty because they are selecting the unhealthy options, whereas we are making the better choices. I want to be respectful of my family and co-workers, but sometimes my fuse is short and I say things that I regret afterwards. Stay strong with your FIL, I'm sure deep down he really respects your food choices!!!!

Julie-If you enjoy stepping, stay with the Basic Step and you will eventually get it. The 2 gals I work out with have never stepped before, and their cadio was pretty much the crosstrainers and the treadmill at the gym. I purchased the Basic Step for them, and they are still learning it, but are also enjoying it very much. Take Jo's advise and learn 1 section at a time. Once you get the hang of it, it really is a lot of fun! Enjoy your rest week! MESO 2 WILL BE HERE BEFORE WE KNOW IT :D:D!

Well, it's time for me to sign off. Hi to everybody else that checks in today. I'll check back later!!

Mary

We'll we're not going (boohoo) so I went and did CCV8 (on my spin bike)! Yippeee!! That is such a fantastic workout! And, it is drizzling a little but it is supposed to heat up here in a little bit so we'll go do 6 miles or so on the trail after lunch.

Rachel, I just started week 6 (2nd week of Meso 2). Isn't Meso 2 great? I can't imagine getting stung in the toe by a hornet! Although I have had to have shots in my toes before so it's probably not much different!

Mary, don't worry about your cheat! Just clean it up and get back on track! :D (Sounds like you are!). When I have the time, I love the Scrambled cardio premix (or whatever it's called) on BM2 - it's about 80 minutes. It's long but the way it's structured it's very doable!

Okay, I'm off to the shower.

Jo

Does how much you can lift have anything to do with size? Cathe looks like she lifts a lot. I have met her before although I am a lot taller than her even at only 5'4" ( i think she is just under 5') I am smaller than her. She is tiny but broad in the shoulders.

If we are confessing...I had a bowl of cereal and a spoonful of peanut butter for my afternoon snack. And since I had my vege brown rice concoction with cottage cheese for lunch, I think my carbs are outweighing my proteins today. In fact I think they are beating the pants off of them.:eek:
All the DH had to do was rattle the cereal bag (which is rare for him) and it triggered some innate thing in me and I could not resist a little snack of cereal with frozen berries and a scoop of protein powder. (maybe that is not a little snack after all...:eek:
Rachel

I was up early and did disc 15 and the pilates abs. Then went to watch ds's hockey game. He had two hockey games this morning. He's catching up after missing the winter season:rolleyes: due to his broken leg.

Gayle you're poor ds!! :(Is this the same ds that broke his finger last summer?? I was thinking when I was watching my ds today that the last sporting event I watched him play was the football game where he was carried off on a stretcher and taken away in the ambulance. A few flashbacks happening today. Did you say that he is going to be seen by ortho tomorrow??

Julie I'm sorry that you're getting so frustrated with the step! It does get easier the more you do it!!

Mary We always have a flood risk in the Red River Valley (North Dakota and Manitoba) but this is the second worse flood on record. The worst was 1997. Our city has put millions of dollars into flood protection since the city was destroyed in 1950. Grand Forks, North Dakota was just demolished in 1997. I was watching the North Dakota news yesterday and they were reporting 20,000 cattle lost due to the floods, I wonder if this will affect the price of beef in the USA?? Most farmers around here won't be able to plant this year.
I loved your coconut story :D:D:p WTG on doing so good with your food choices even though you had such a busy week!!
icon14.gif

Rachael I'm so glad that you joined our group! So you're from Texas, no wonder that you enjoy the heat! Remember I'm Canadian and we tell the weather in Celsius not Fahrenheit. This is normal spring weather for us. During the winter months we get to close to minus 50 (but it's a dry cold ;)).

Maggie The spinning bike sounds like fun! That would probably work well with your ankle injury as well. The hiking sounds like fun, enjoy that sunshine!

Jo The Santa Fe isn't for both of us. DH and I have been together for 22 yrs and were a one car family till 2 yrs ago so never had our "own" cars. Our driveway is long and narrow so we just take whatever car is at the back. Do you each keep your "own" car.

Kim

Hey guys!!!! I AM SORRY that I haven't been online most of the day. The kids and I had a quiet day. After my killer workout and breakfast, younger DS, my mom and I went to the craft store and Panera for lunch (I enjoyed and 1/2 bowl of soup and 1/2 veggie sandwich with Feta cheese, yum). Then my sister came over with her girls and we played outside.

After all the talk about cheat days and consistancy......I decided today was the day I wanted some treats. SO....I enjoyed a few pieces of my Dove milk chocolate, some low fat frozen PB yogurt and a 'few' other treats. lol Back at it tomorrow (I cooked a lean pot roast in the crockpot all day, so I'll be enjoying that throughout this week, YUMMY)!

OK....I'm tired and need to get to bed.

OH! Kim.....yes, this is the same DS who broke his finger this past Fall. I spoke with Ellie (elliemom on the boards here) and she suggested I ask the Ortho to do a long bone scan/xray (if I remember the name correctly) just to make sure DS doesn't have other bone issues. These 2 injuries are freak things, and it has us wondering if it's just that....freak accidents or something else causing him these injuries. We go to the Ortho tomorrow afternoon, so I'll keep you posted.

I've got an iTread and core on tap for the morning. I'll check in after that!

G Night!

Gayle

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.