6 Monthers, STS, Sunday the 29th

banslug

Cathlete
Yet again, as I typed today's date, I just can't believe 1/4 of the year is gone already! MAN oh MAN, slow down time.

Ladies, I enjoyed reading about your food and meals from yesterday's posts. I love getting new ideas. The one thing I'll add is that my most favorite thing in the WORLD is soups, stews, chilis, etc. (I hope I haven't mentioned this before, lol). I like to make a batch, store in single serve containers, and keep in the fridge to heat and eat. The best thing about soups is that they are a balanced carb/protein combo with tons of veggies. I have a bunch of go-to recipes that I use over and over again.

OK....so this morning was the first workout of Meso 2 and I felt like it was old times! LOL The drop sets made me feel like I was doing Body-For-Life again, which I LOVED! I couldn't believe some of the weights my workout card told me to use, but I picked them up and made it work. Some of those, though, were TOUGH, especially the overhead shoulder press and the last sets of tricep kickbacks. TAKE YOUR TIME, LADIES! Enjoy the pace of Meso 1. Seriously, I loved today's workout, but it is an entirely different pace and set up than Meso 1 (which I enjoyed, but not LOVED).

SO.......how is your weekend going? Any plans for today?
For me, today's forecast is rain, rain and more rain, so the kids and I are going to run some errands. I want to pick up my niece's Easter gifts, a few things at the craft store, and Home Depot for a few things as well. Clean eats are my goal today, which shouldn't be a problem, considering all the fresh veggies and fruit I picked up yesterday! lol

OK....time to shower and get the kiddos breakfast!

Gayle

Good Morning 6 Monthers,

Gayle, I'm having the same kind of day as you, rain, rain and more rain. I have a lot of computer work to do, so the weather makes it a little easier for me to stay on task and get the work done.

WOW ON THE MESO 2! After reading your post, I brought up my workout card and am also surprised at what it's telling me I'll have to lift. With meso 1, many times I would use my plate weights, but it would sometimes give me a 1/4 # overage, which was doable. I don't think an extra 1/4# is going to be doable with some of the lifts for Meso 2. I think I may have to order those pace weight at 1# increments. Do you have quite a bit of time between sets? I have the weighted Cathe gloves at 1# each, but I just couldn't get the darn things on in time for the next exercise. I'm a real stickler for following the routine right to the second, and never want to pause the disc (unless it's for a necessary potty break :eek::eek:). I also love the heavy lifting, so I am itching to start. Thanks for the great update!!!!!

Against my friends wishes, I have decided to continue Meso 2 and 3 at home, on my own (I have a small make shift gym in my basement). I have thought about this daily, and keep going back and forth with the why's and why not's, but I finally decided this is what is best for me. I have worked out with these ladies for many years, and have always been the "cheerleader" of the group. Lately, I feel my concentration to the series has waivered, just slightly, because either one of the ladies has forgotten their workout card, and then follows what weights I'm lifting, even though the weights are too heavy and their form is poor, and they know better. Last week there was a lot of chit chatting going on while Cathe was giving directions on a move, and I actually found myself shushing someone (one of my peeves is being shushed myself, so I can't believe I did it to someone else). These ladies are 12 and 10 years older than me, and I am starting to sense an unhealthy competition beginning as this series continues on. I have worked out a schedule to transfer the tapes to the gals on my opposite day, so they can continue, just without me there. We have a strong friendship outside the gym, including our DH's, so for me to finish the series on my own will not affect our friendship. I hope I'm doing the right thing
icon4.gif
icon4.gif
icon4.gif
icon4.gif
icon4.gif

Enough rambling.... So,my friend fibbed yesterday and did not bring a so called "healthy" dessert, it was a molten lava chocolate extravaganza. Of course I had to try it (lot's of it). I am going to follow a healthly eating plan for today, and follow through the rest of the week (that's after I just licked the last of the molten lava off the plate:eek::eek::eek:). I did the CCV7 yesterday for the 2nd time. It was a little easier because I knew what was coming. When my friend came over, she asked me if I had been tanning, and I told her no, that I was still flushed from the workout I did 2 hours earlier (definitely have to get that HR monitor), and that's after a cool shower
icon9.gif

Thanks everybody for posting those wonderful food ideas. I will be incorporating some of your food choices into my weekly food plan for this week. Well, the work files are calling again, so I will CBL!!

Mary

Good Morning Julie,

I just noticed you posted just before me. What's up with the raining day theme!!! IS ANYBODY HAVING SUN TODAY
icon5.gif
icon5.gif
icon5.gif
icon5.gif
icon5.gif

I think we both start Disc 7 tomorrow for the 2nd time. Let's put a smile on our face and dig deep!! Can't wait for those bi's to talk to me again tomorrow! Have a good one...

Mary

Just a quick post as leaving for church but will be back later to catch up with everyone.

Went for a run with 2 friends, ds (age 11) decided to run with us and he did great! We only did 4 miles, nice and relaxed, enjoyed the conversation. DS wore his mp3 player so he didn't have to talk with the three old ladies:rolleyes:. They were pretty impressed that he kept us with us, actually he said afterwards that we were kind of slow, which we are. LOL

BBL, Kim

Good Morning Everyone! It's raining here! (Familiar words???)

I just got up and am having my coffee before I hit CC7 on my spinning bike - Mary I'll be thinking of you!

Gayle, after reading your post, like Mary, I went and viewed my Meso 2 card - BRING IT ON! :p Although I know I'm going to enjoy this week of cardio only (and stretching or whatever). I know I'll be stronger when I start next Sunday. Also, I was thinking about being at the end of March too...I can't believe it! 2009 will be over before we know it! I'm really looking forward to warmer weather and wishing it was here!

Mary - ARE YOU KIDDING ME? LAVA CHOCOLATE?? :eek::eek: Wow! That sounds very wicked! :eek: I think you are doing the right thing about working out at home. You have to do what is best for you. Worse case, you won't like working out at home and go back to the gym! It stings when these kind of things start "turning." I hate it when people do things like you're talking about - starting to forget workout cards, etc. because you are the responsible one! (This has happened to me too!) I hope it all works out for you and don't feel bad for doing what you're doing! (I am one that is very focused and really gets annoyed if someone is talking when I'm trying to listen! I'd be shushing too!) So how do you use the DVD's at the gym - do you take a laptop and play them?

Good Morning Julie! What's in your plans today besides 1RM?

Yesterday I had everyone cleaning house - DH 50th is this Wednesday (April Fool he is!). I have company coming on Thursday from Montana for the weekend to help celebrate and will be having a couple other couples over. So we had to do the heavy cleaning yesterday and then I'll spot clean bathrooms again next Saturday. I can't decide what to get him for his birthday. As always, he says not to get him anything, but I don't think so! I spent time online last night looking for ideas but haven't come up with anything.

Okay, I'm off to do "after Meso 1" BF measurements and then hop on my spinning bike with CC7!

Good Day to all who follow!!!! :eek::eek:

Jo :D:D

Or WalMart. Cheap replacement DVD players there too! LOL

Mary,,,,,,SHUSH on the chocolate lava STUFF! SHUSH, SHUSH, SHUSH! :p On your friends....if they're really your friends, they'll be fine with your decision to move forward alone. I don't think I could workout with anybody else, but I find myself NOW wishing my BF (that's boyfriend, not best friend) would workout with me...heck, workout PERIOD! ;)

On Meso 2. I was happy to see that we get a 1 minute rest between sets. It was funny, because after the 2nd warm up set of bench presses, I found myself rushing to get the weights on for the next (and heavier) 70% weight, only to find myself with PLENTY of time to stretch, add weight, breath, drink, whatever! It was awesome! On the micro-loading. Mary, was it you who mentioned this above, about the plate mates taking you over by a hair? Me too. And I much prefer being OVER by 1/4 to 1/2# than below my 1RM. In fact, with this morning's workout, I started using my Olympic Barbell for bench presses and because of the strange increments on Olympic plates, I was actually 3# over! Instead of 70, I was benching 73, but again, I'd rather be over by a bit than under....just a personal preference.

OK.....kids and I are enjoying a late lunch (I'm having tuna in a whole wheat pita with steamed broccoli) and then we're heading to the gym to play racquetball. I ALWAYS get hit HARD right in the back or leg, which is endless fun for my kids! Sometimes I think they aim for me!

Later, ladies! YOU ALL ROCK!

Gayle

Okay, I did CC7 (on my spinning bike)! I loved it! It was great! :D

A couple of details – I felt really strong today. My quads were aching in the first level 3 portion of challenge 1 and I thought Uhoh! But I got my rhythm and worked my A$$ off! This was a fantastic cardio session for me! I will tell you generally after an hour on the bike my seat is really feeling it…but it just flew by and I was done (which surprised me!) My legs are really worked out though; I’m feeling it in my hams, quads and glutes! :eek:

I would love to be able to run doing this!

Have a great day everyone! Off to the shower. :p

Jo

Back Again,

I just finished KPC using Cathe's weighted gloves, and then did No Equipment Abs. I had a pretty good sweat going on. The gloves really add a nice resistance to the workout.

As I write this post, my DH is in the process of moving the treadmill from our bedroom to the basement, and he just took a chunk of drywall off the wall. He is saying things that my virginal ears should not be hearing at this point (YIKES!!). Don't you just love when they look at you as though it's your fault. All I did was ask him in my "ever so sweet voice" to consider moving the contraption to the b-ment. I wish I could sweeten him up with a little of that molten lava cake, but alas it is not to be....

Gayle-I think I need to be a little more selective in sharing my likes and dislikes of certain phrases. I was afraid the "shushing" might come back to haunt me. All right, no more talk of the goodies! I'm on the straight and narrow eating path for the rest of the week, really I am
icon14.gif
icon14.gif
. Hope you had fun playing racquetball. The last time I played with my DH I got hit in the head, and I swear I actually saw stars. I haven't played since!

Jo-You mentioned a few days ago how you like to close your eyes on the spin bike and really get into the CC music. I did that for about 4 seconds on the treadmill yesterday and about killed myself. Yes, I know, pretty stupid! It's amazing how quickly you can loose your balance on that revolving belt when it's moving at break neck speed!. Lesson learned!!! Regarding your DH's 50th. Hey, we're heading to Vegas in September to celebrate mine, as far as I'm concerned, the more the merrier (I'm sure he'll wait 6 more months to celebrate
icon12.gif
). At the gym, we workout in the aerobic room and it is equipped with 2 tv's and a dvd player. Everything is already set up for us to plug and go...

Kim-I wish I could get my son to run with me :(. How great that you have friends that you can run with, and 4 miles at that! My son has been in cross country at school, so he's a good runner, just can't seem to get him to workout with me yet, but I keep trying!

Julie-Don't you hate having to buy those unplanned but very needed items (like a dvd player). I have so many other things on my want list, and having to add a dvd players just isn't one of them. Hope you find a great sale!!!

OK, it's time for me to sign off. My son's at a friend's home and it's time for me to pick him up. Have a great evening everyone!!!

Mary

Hi Everybody!

I had my rest day today. I'm going to do meso 1 week 4 for the second time this week and then it's active recovery! Yay!

Belinda,
I'm impressed that you are able to eat all vegetarian, I love vegetarian things, but I also like my meat! THat said, I found a restaurant, called veggie grill, they make tofu chicken burgers and carrot cake with no dairy and tofu chocolate pudding, and it's all so tasty!

Gayle, the carbs get broken into 3 categories on BFFM the fruits and dairy are considered simple carbs, oats, grains of all kinds, sweet potato and such are considered complex carbs and all veggies are considered fibrous carbs.
I try to usually have a salad for lunch. Typically I'll have one serving of lettuce, with one serving of veggies, either tomato or broccoli, asparagus or pepper or anything I have at the time, I add 20g worth of chicken or tuna or whatever and some nuts. That is pretty much the same every lunch for me. I can do the nuts because I don't have a complex carb to eat up the calorie budget.
For snack in the afternoon I have started making either some kind of healthy tuna salad or I just have leftovers from last night's dinner. dinner is usually a lean protein and lots of veggies. I'm a one pot meal kind of person, so I usually sautee my meat with onions and the veggie of choice chopped up in one pot. I like ground lean turkey with Kale, or with cabbage or sugar snap peas for instance. seasoning is everything to me, so I always make sure I season it well. Now that I am not doing starches for those meals, I tend to add nuts to bring up the calories, if I ate only the veggies and protein, I'd end up having to eat large portions of it and I hear nuts are supposed to help get rid of belly fat, which is where I am hurting...:(

Jo,
thanks so much for sharing your sample menu! It is similar to mine except that I don't do dairy in the afternoon, now that I am limiting simple carbs. I love to get most of my things from costco too! Love the tilapia! It never occurred to me to microwave it!:rolleyes: I bake mine in a little broth and garlic, then top it with salt, pepper, grated lemon zest and fresh chives, it is soo good that way! I get costco's frozen lean ground beef for some of my meals becaus I have to watch my hemoglobin, it is great to make stuffed peppers with or sautee with their brussel sprouts and onions or any other veggie they have!
Ghiradelli! I hear you! I love that stuff! Costco sells a brownie mix with ghiradelli chocolate chips! I could eat the whole pan all by myself in one day! I had two bags left in the cabinet, and decided I didn't need the temptation, so when my son had two playdates last week, I had the kids make the brownies and take the rest home that they didn't eat. I'm glad and sad that they are gone!

I had blackened mahi mahi at the cheesecake factory where I had dinner last night with my friend. I had broccoli and asparagus with it, skipped the rice and helped her choose the godiva chocolate cheesecake.... She insisted I take half of it home. Well, it's sitting in the fridge. I haven't touched it yet and my son has eaten about half.... Here's hoping I'll not give in later...

So, Jo, were you happy with your post meso 1 measurements?

I second costco for the dvd player! Gotta have one fast, right? did you know you can take it back anytime no questions asked? we had a vcr from costco and after about 4 years it up and ate my video tape. We took it back, they gave us back the purchase price and we ended up buying one from there that was cheaper because they didn't have the other model any more!

Hi Everyone else!

This is a busy place today!! I ended up napping after lunch today not sure why but that busy Saturday and SUnday morning just seem to catch up with me. DH and ds went to watch the hockey game, and I took dd to Walmart to buy a Jonas brother dvd :rolleyes: now some time to catch up.

NO rain here just lots and lots of snow! I'll take the rain and give you the snow if you all want to complain so much. If it was warm enough here to rain you wouldn't hear me complaining :p

Gayle The farmer's marker sounds yummy, fruits/veggies are soo expensive here right now as everything is trucked in from far far away. Glad you enjoying Meso 2, I remember how much you enjoyed BFL. I was looking at my workout card for Meso 2 and will have to do a couple of 1RMs for the first workout.

Jo How did the hair appt go? Did you get anything new? After 3 weekends of looking still no new vehicle, I think we leaning towards the Hyundai Santa Fe. We bought a little pop-up trailer for camping a few weeks ago and now need something to pull it with as we decided the 10 yr minivan with 200,000 kms on it wasn't going to do it. LOL

Maggie 6lbs weight loss is great!

Mary We're quite excited about Las vegas. We aren't gamblers either but looking forward to no snow, people watching, eating out. I'm sure you'll have a great time in Sept, especially going with friends. Lava cake, yummy, one of my favourites! I'm glad that you got things settled with your friends regarding your workout

Cendrine GREAT STATS! You've done really well, I should try and do my measurements this week. I had to giggle about the heated seats in southern california, isn't it warm down there?? The cheesecake factory sounds yummy! We don't have those in Canada, I don't think, I've seen them in the US but never tried one. Maybe there's one in Las Vegas we could try next week.

Belinda Sounds like you're keeping busy helping your dd. Good job at getting that exercise fit into your busy schedule.

Soon2bfit How are those glutes feeling today?

Kim

Mary, DON’T close your eyes on the TM! :confused: I actually don’t know if I closed mine today or not (but I was definitely in the zone!). But I will tell you I had to take a nap! And, my legs are fried! No one can say I didn’t give it my all today! I had to laugh about your asking DH to move the treadmill – I get those same kind of reactions! What’s up with that??

Cendrine, you have my interest peaked about BFFM. I was emailing with a friend and she said she has the ebook all printed out that I can borrow to read. I also said in another post I was going to get back on my healthier eating starting next Sunday when I start Meso 2, but I decided to start today (I’ll have to cheat for DH’s birthday dinner next weekend.) Remember I have only been soso…not working real hard at being good but not being really bad. I had always planned to get serious with Meso 2. So, I have lost 2 lbs (no biggie) but I have lost ½ inch off hips, ¾ inch off abdomen and ½ inch off waist. I started at 21.5% BF and today was 20.4% (I haven’t done the calculations yet to determine what that is). I’m actually surprised at these results considering there were quite a few m&m’s, chocolate mint dessert, and a few other treats (my DH clam chowder, chili and other delicious dishes!). Maybe I wasn't as bad as I thought! Anyway, I’m sure I can get to 18% by the end of 8 weeks of Meso 2. :D I love Cheese Cake Factory! There is one at the mall I usually shop.

Kim, I got my hair cut (a little shorter than my picture). It’s an inverted bob. It’s a little more angled than my picture. That picture was actually taken when the wind was blowing so it looks like I have more volume than I actually do! I have really fine hair so I like looking like I have more! I had a Santa Fe has a rental a while back and really liked it! They handle really nice. You must live in the snow zone! :eek:

Maggie, Belinda, Chrissy and Tracy – if you check in later – HELLO!

Julie, did you get a player???

Last thing…except for CC7 today, I haven’t figured out what I’m doing for my workouts this week…I’m feeling lost without everything all planned out! :eek:

Jo

One more post...(You guys probably think I'm a posting fool today!) :D

Cendrine, I just got off the phone with my friend. I never knew she had done BFFM. So I'm going to do this too. She said basically what I've been doing is it (when I'm doing it) but just need to tweak. She started doing it the first time about 4 years ago (which is why I guess I didn't know as I didn't know her then!) So I going to remeasure and recheck BF next Sunday before I start Meso 2. In the meantime, I'm eating clean!

Jo

Hi girls,

I am still here, my nose is stuffed since Saturday. Haven't done much since then, except relax!

Big Hallo to everyoen!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.