6 Monthers, STS, Sunday

Good SUNDAY morning to everybody!

Cendrine, yes, PUB is Pyramid Upper Body. And WOW....you were super busy yesterday...sounds like my days-of-old! :) How did you like week 2 of Squat Rack legs????

I just got done with my workout, which was PUB. It was not ANY easier now that STS is done! LOL I did increase all my weights just a tad for this workout (back was a significant increase), and it was a goodie.

My calves are SCREAMING at me from yesterday! I got up at 3 am for the bathroom and I couldn't believe how sore I was already. I just can't believe how that hike hit my legs! LOVE IT!

OK..today...we have 2 basketball games (2 and 6pm) but other than that, we've got nothing we HAVE to do.

Time for my breakfast (banana and PB2)

Gayle

Ok I am here:D
Time has just got away from me the last 2 days. We had to work yesterday so there was no extra time there and today I have a full day of all the things I just can not get done during the week. More laundry and straightening the house. Maybe next weekend I can actually clean the house:p. I am going to do some more food prepping today so that maybe next weekend with the holiday I can do some real cooking. Not that I am not cooking but I like to do it up right for the holidays. Lots of grillin and stuff.

This week I start week 3 of meso 3. Although I am really working hard through these and I like them alot I did not get the doms I expected this week. I even increased my weight on almost everything. Sometime I can not even get the last rep esp. on the tri work. But I am going to put my nose to the grind stone next week and give it everything I've got and maybe a little bit of what yall have too and see if I can work up some pain!

We got invited to go to Beaver's Bend (A lake in OK) next weekend but with our work schedule being what it is I just do not think we have the time to take off for the weekend and still get all me things done for the week. We leave the house early everyday and don't get home till around 7 and by the time I have eaten showered fed the pets and cleaned up the kitchen it is just about all that I have time for before I need to go to bed. So I think we will have to miss out on that one but I think DH and I will plan something relaxing for us to do around here so maybe we will not feel so deprived:D

I am off to prep some soup for dinners and a 3 bean salad for lunches...I will let you all ...I mean yall , how it turns out!

Rachel

Cendrine-I am glad you shared what you changed, I will have to try that evap milk think instead of pasta water. Is your name pronounced "Sendrin". That is how I pronounce it when I am writing it out.

Hi Guys,

I had a tough night going back to sleep last night and am up early again this morning. Oh well...

Gayle, make sure you stretch those calves! Hey, question for you and anyone else: what % weight should I choose for doing the circuit type workouts CW, LIC,DM, High step Challenge, High step circuit and so forth after doing STS? I'm not sure if I should do 70% or if I shoud do more? What do you guys think?

Rachel, I'm sorry you have such a busy work week! I hope you get some rest today even though you are catching up on everything else...
My name is pronounced something like this: Sun-drean. That's what helps most people pronounce it. I hope it helps.
I didn't have much of anything doms related after doing plyo legs week two, and I was sore all week on week 1 Go figure! I liked week 2 squat rack legs, I did very well on it, but no doms... Upper body was moderate, and I was working hard on all of them. We'll see what week 3 brings. I already have my cards all printed out.
Rest day for me today, and then on to week 3!

Hi everyone!

Cendrine-Thanks for the pronunciation! I was really curious. Also I would like to know the answer to that question too (% of weight) Sorry I am of no help with that one.

I need to get my behind on the ball and figure out what I am doing next. I looked at the June rotation and I was kicking myself for letting my MIL take my treadmill for a while. I had not used it in so long. I had not really ever looked at the rotations because I thought I did not have enough of Cathe's dvd's to do them but I never thought about subbing in some other stuff. Now that I looked at that June rotation I like the idea of jumping around alittle with STS and incorprating other stuff but I do not have a way to incorprate running. Do you think there is any sub for that? (I know that is blasphemy to you runners:eek:) I need to be looking at the rotation more closely so I can see what I need and what I can do to shuffle somethings around. By the time I get done with sts though there will be a july rotation and maybe that one will fit what I can do better.

Oh I am chatty today ...I hope everyone is getting there fun in...I have already made the three bean salad and now I am making homemade chicken stock from my rotisserie chicken and am going to make my soup from that. I started thinking, it is 105 outside and I am making soup...maybe I should try to find something more summery to make, but I need to freeze it and have no idea what I could do...?

OK I have talked enough...to myself as Gayle would say,:p

Rachel

Rachel, as early as you work out, would it still be cool enough for you to run outside instead of on the treadmill? Also, you could just ask for the treadmill back....
Running is basically in the rotation for cardio, so any cardio dvds you have would probably be ok for subbing in my opinion...
WTG on making yummy food! You could research making some cold soups for summer. I made a kidney bean soup once with a cilantro yoghurt topping that I ended up serving cold and it was delish. Most pureed soups are tolerable for me to eat cold, like roasted pepper soup or tomato soup, stuff like that.

We're back, sitting in a camper in a torrential down pour is only fun for so many hours:rolleyes::rolleyes:

The fun started with packing up in the rain Friday, even though the forecast was terrible the kids really wanted to go so off we went. We got to the campground and somehow as DH was unhooking the brand new trailer from the brand new SUV, the trailer roller forward and the trailer hitch got stuck under the bumper of the SUV:(:( They were stuck together with a nice dent in the SUV :rolleyes: DH and has no ideas what to do. Finally two guys who were camping together walked by with 5 kids and a dog. I asked them if they had any ideas and between them and DH about a hour later they were able to free the vehicles:D:D I helped entertain all the kids (in the rain).

Then up the trailer went and it was almost bedtime. We decided to put up the sunroom that attaches to the trailer so it would keep the entrance to the trailer dry. During the night it became quite the storm and by morning, our brand new sunroom (first time used) was in pieces and blocking the camper door:confused::( The central pole was twisted and a side pole was snapped in half.

It continue to rain (and heavy !!) all day Saturday. We managed to take the sunroom down, make a fire to do S'mores and go for a walk when it was a little lighter. We did go for a short hike but in spots the trail had lakes on them!! It was very nice and cozy in the camper but there is only so much reading, crosswords and board games that you can do. We ended up driving into the city for pizza for supper more just for something to do. The kids insisted they wanted to stay another night by about 7pm they were bored so we packed up and came home. The rain finally stopped last night, but cold and super windy out today so I'm glad we came home.

Hopefully the sunroom is under warranty!!! I'm so upset about it.

I hope Chrissy is having a better camping trip!

Gayle I'm envious of your beautiful hike! I would love to see pics!

Jo Have fun with your company. Are they just there for the weekend?

Cendrien Busy weekend for you! Have you decided what you're going to do after STS before the next STS round?? I might do Cathe's June rotation if I don't get CLX.

Rachael I really haven't had many DOMS in Meso 3 either even though I feel live I go to failure most of the time. That's too bad that you won't be able to get to the lake with your friends. When will work start to slow down? Maybe we could do Cathe's June or July rotation together?

I did STS 38 this morning but never got my run in yesterday while camping.

Kim, I'm so sorry about your camping experience! I sure hope for you that the sunroom is under warranty! And the dent in the car... reminds me of our Acura MDX that the in-laws blessed us with. The first month someone backed into my car and left it bumped and scratched in the parking lot without leaving a number. The right side has several car door bumps from other generous parking lot neighbors. Then my husband backs the car out of the garage and dents the left side with the mirror from his his car on the drive way, and then a badly placed shopping cart dents the back of my car some more.... The car is only about 5 years old... At least I didn't do it :rolleyes:

As far as workouts after STS, I was planning on doing a couple of weeks of circuit style workouts and then do the June rotation. I'll see what the July rotation looks like when it comes out.

Hi Everyone, just a quick note from me as my company is all off checking their email, phoning kids, etc!

Gayle, Press Play was incredible yesterday! I spun my little legs off and felt like a queen! Sounds like you had an INCREDIBLE workout yesterday yourself! Were you able to CC today with your calves to sore?

Kim, Oh my goodness...what an ordeal for all of you! Well, these are the trips that get remembered right?! :p So sorry about the dent and the sunroom! I can only imagine how upset you all are!

Rachel, I hope you guys get to relax a little this next weekend! We leave on Thursday so I'll be doing cardio and circuits the next couple of days. Also, like others said, you can substitute pretty much any cardio for running.

Cendrine, for the circuits, I would keep the weight at 70% mostly because of the speed she usually uses. Funny, I had trouble sleeping last night as well...woke up at 2 and couldn't go back to sleep until 4! I was very irritated!

Okay, gotta go! Hope you're all having a great weekend! My company leaves Tuesday morning (though I'm still working tomorrow). They have other friends they're going to see tomorrow.

Kim, I'm so sorry about your camping trip. I really am. Being a camper myself, the rain is tough to deal with if it doesn't just pass over.

Jo, enjoy your company! And no, today there was NO running, only PUB. My calves are INCREDIBLY sore, I just can't believe it!

Cendrine and Rachel, you guys were talking about % for other workouts. There is a thread in the Ask Cathe forum (I believe) titled "1RM for Other WOrkouts" (or something similar to that) that SNM replied with a brief guideline of what % of your 1RM you should use based on how many reps you're doing. Here's the link to that post: http://www.thecathenation.com/forum/showthread.php?t=262569 Keep in mind that it's a guideline, and that rep speed, number of sets, sequence of exercises, etc ALL effect the ability of you to USE that chart (does that make sense?) In other words, I did PUB this AM and there was NO way I would have been able to use that chart for all 5 sets in each pyramid simply because there is so little rest between sets. I hope that helps SOME!

Speaking of my morning workout, DOMS are setting in in my bis, tris and chest already! WOO HOO! I'm thinking that tomorrow I'll do a lower body workout, and I'm leaning towards Leaner Legs, which is one of my favorite LB workouts. Then if the kids go to Rec at 9am, I'll hit the trail for a few miles for a training run.

Gayle

Last edited:
Thanks so much for the link, Gayle! Now I have to go figure out how many reps all of my workouts have... I guess most of the circuit ones fall inbetween the 15-20 rep range, wouldn't you agree? What about 4DS, do you guys think its 10-14? I haven't done this one in a while and can't remember without looking at it...

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.