6 Monthers, STS, Saturday March 14

banslug

Cathlete
Good Saturday morning, ladies!

I love reading your posts at the end of the day, before I go to bed. It gives me some extra motivation!!!

I slept in just a bit this morning since we don't have to be anywhere till this afternoon. I got out of bed at 7 and hit the basement.

Workout was iTrain 18 Walking Series and Pilates Abs from Ab Circuits. The iTrain Walking Series was surprisingly fun and challenging. I'm a runner, but I've been having issues with my Plantar Fasciitis. I was craving a run today, but decided I better try a walk first. My heart rate got up there several times and it was fun! And the Pilates abs...I have to admit I didn't like the Ab Circuits DVD when I first tried it out, but each time I do it I get more acclimated to the 'newness' of it. With this Pilates one, when you focus on your breathing while doing the moves, it really works in all the right places.

Today's plan is to KEEP MY FOOD CLEAN!!! We are going to play lazer tag for a few hours, so I am going to mentally break my day up into halves....the first half is NOW, before the party,and the second half is after the party till bedtime. CLEAN EATS for me!

I'll check back later!

Gayle

Good Morning! I am sick today, fever and sore throat so I am blowing off my cardio and abs for the day. Going to take a bath with with my DD.

Good Morning All!
Today is my scheduled day off and as luck would have it, I was up half the night with a mirgraine (well not up, incapacitated). I took my Imitrex and am much better now. The only good thing is I'm not having to miss a workout because of it!

We have a dinner to go to tonight and I made this decadent Chocolate Mint Dessert to take (none for you Gayle! :D). Here's the link in case you're interested: http://www.hersheys.com/recipes/recipes/detail.asp?id=3511
Did I say I WON'T be having any? Because this has more butter and sugar than anything you can imagine! And I'd hate to ruin my perfect clean eating week with this tidbit. But oh boy is it a great dessert to treat people to. I should also mention, I rarely cook, and everyone knows that, so this makes people think I went to tons of trouble when I didn't! :D

Gayle, I think my favorite Abs Circuits are the Weights and Plates and the Medicine ball. I haven't totally clicked with the Pilates or Yoga and still haven't tried the Stability ball one yet.

Okay, off to the shower. Soon2bfit - hope you aren't too sick! :(

Jo

One more thing: TOMORROW STARTS WEEK 4 - YEAH YEAH YESH!!!!!

I did disc 9 again this morning. The last time I did it (about 2 weeks ago), I was so sore I could barely walk. Plus I had to keep stopping it to catch my breath. What is funny is the first 4 exercises I wrote to increase weight next time, by the end of the workout I was toast. But I did increase my weights this time (like I suggested to myself) and I am happy to report I made it through without the out of breath issue. I was even able to do the bonus legs after!! I am very proud of myself. I guess I will find out tomorrow if I am going to regret the increases.

I also did pilate abs today. I like that one much better than the yoga abs. I also have to say the Robert is a beautiful man. When they introduced him at the beginning of the workout... he has such a great smile. (sigh)

I finally got my diet in order, much better for the past 2 weeks. It was kinda sad I was gaining weight the first 3 weeks of the program. But the weight is finally starting to come off. Yay!!!

I'll be starting week 4 next week and then repeating that. I am looking foward to meso 2.

have a great day
chrissy

Happy Saturday Everybody,

Soon2bfit - So sorry to hear about you not feeling well. My DH woke up this morning with a sore throat also. He had a bowl of cereal and is back in bed
icon9.gif
icon9.gif
. We have his dad coming over for dinner, so hopefully he will feel better when he wakes up. I hope you have a speedy recovery.
icon14.gif
icon14.gif
icon14.gif

Gayle - I felt the same way about the ABS Circuit DVD. Wasn't really diggin it at first. We did the Pilates Abs yesterday and really concentrated on the moves. My abs today are telling me I worked them pretty good.

Chrissy-WTG on Disc 9. I always love the 2nd week more than the 1st. My form is always better and I know the areas to increase the weights. I haven't Disc 9 yet, still working on Disc 6, but it got me good yesterday:D!

My day has been going really well so far. I couldn't get motivated yesterday to take the dog for a walk. When I woke this a.m. the sun was shining, so I packed up Toby (my dog) and drove to the walking path. It was fantastically beautiful. There was ice still hanging from the tree limbs overhanging the river, and it was so beautiful to see. It just glistened. Next time I'll bring my camera!

Good news, the pie is in the oven :p:p:p!! I decided on apple instead of the cheese cake. Today is kind of my free day, so I'm going to slurge a little and have some pie after dinner. Jo, the recipe for the chocolate mint dessert sounds fabulous!!! I will make it for my next get-together. I'm feeling a little guilty since both you and Gayle are having CLEAN EATS DAY, so to compensate, I just won't have ice cream with it:p:p:p:p. I know I'm bad, but I come from a family of 9 brothers and sisters, and food is a really big thing with us. All my family lives near me, so when we get together, it's a food fest. My sisters are excellent cooks, and we have even talked in the past of starting a catering business. It will probably never happen, but it's fun to talk about.

Jo - My 13 year old son was getting severe migraines about once a month last year. He would get the blurred vision to the point he couldn't see and then he would become so nauseus that he would vomit. Finally took him to the doctor, and after lots of tests, they put him on a low dose blood pressure medicine. It's been about 6 months and he hasn't had any migraines yet (keeping our fingers crossed).

No workout for me today!!!! I didn't take a rest day last week, and my body is really feeling it. I was exhausted yesterday. I pushed through and got everything done that needed to get done, but need to start listening a little better and take those rest days. Tomorrow I will tackle the treadmill with the CC#4 again. He pushes me hard, and it will help to burn some of those apple pie calories
icon12.gif
icon12.gif
!!!

Gayle I hope you have a great time at laser tag, and good luck everybody with your clean eats day!! I promise I will send all the leftover pie home with dad:eek:.

Have a wonderful afternoon everybody!!!

Mary

Hi Chrissy! Sounds like we are on the same schedule! Week 4 starts tomorrow for me! :D

Mary, I used to have severe migraines that would last up to 5 days (the worst ones) with vomiting and all that good stuff. Then when they came out with Imitrex it changed my life.) I use the kind you spray up your nose - I've been using this for about 10 years. I couldn't go to injections as I couldn't give myself a shot (what a baby I am!). I also went through periods where I was having about 6 migraines a month. Anyway, without boring you with the details, about 4 years ago they put me on the lose dose high blood pressure medicine and it has reduced my headaches by about 80%. I still get about one a month, but can usually kill it within 2 - 10 hours with the Imitrex. Every once in a while though I still get one that gets away from me and will go on for days. I wouldn't wish this on my worst enemy. Also, I have a friend that also went on the low dose medicine and hasn't had one in 5 years. I hope the same for your son! :D:D:D

Jo :p

Did disc 7 for the second time this morning. I think I found the pushups more challenging the second time around. Beautiful day today! The snow is starting to melt and the sun is shining. I've had a busy day doing errands, and working so time to relax for awhile.

Mary Enjoy your rest day and the apple pie!

Gayle Have fun at laser tag, my ds has gone a few days and thought it was a blast!

Chrissy WTG on upping the weights for disc 9! I haven't lost any weight with STS yet, but will do measurements at the end of Meso 1

Jo and Soon2bfit, i hope you're feeling better!

Kim

Hi, everybody! Mamma Gun checking in here! LOL That was my laser tag code name! I'm TIRED! We played 3 games and let me tell you....we worked, not played! I did super well the first game, so-so the second, but the third was a BUST! lol But we had tons of fun. I packed a cooler with some food for the meals I was going to miss at home, and it worked out perfectly! Came home famished and just finished up a yummy salad with corn and tuna. YUMMO!

Soon2befit, I hope you're feeling better SOON!

Jo, I'm not a big MINT fan, so no worried about my making (and devouring) that cake. But it does look yummy! Enjoy it, then pack up the extras, if there are any!

Chrissy, I'm right there with you, admiring the boys in STS. Easy on the eyes! Great job on today's workout too!!! Like you, I finally got my eating under control (only took me, what, 5 weeks of STS to finally do it) and this morning saw a nice loss on the scale. Made the jeans feel all that much better too!

Mary, enjoy the apple pie without a SIDE OF GUILT! Treat yourself, then ship off the extras! HA!

Kim, the pushups are always tough, aren't they??? Good workout!!!

Gayle

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.