6 monthers, STS, saturday

I over slept today, so I missed my morning workout. My son has his last baseball game today at 10:30 so I don't have time to fit it in and shower and get both the boys ready. So I will have to wait until later this afternoon. I am scheduled for SBT today. Love that one.
I stayed up until 1:30 watching Pretty Woman. I don't know why, I was tired. oh well.

Gayle- have fun :confused: finishing your 26.2 mile walk today. Did your boys walk it with you? How long did yesterday take? Just curious what I am in for in October. How is Zack doing today?

Jo- were you really watching Chuck Norris last night or was it because Rachel mentioned him. When I read your post last night I thought wow she watches chuck norris, then this morning I'm thinking you were kidding.:p I am slow sometimes.
When I was at my training session, we were talking about all the rain and one of the guys said that Washington was close to setting a record. And I was thinking 'Hey, I know someone in washington-my workout girlfried Jo-:D'

Rachel-it was good to hear from you. I like reading long posts. I hope you get some relief from the heat. Send some up this way please. It was actually nice here yesterday. Unfortunately I had appointments yesterday and didn't really get to enjoy the whole day until about 3pm.

I need to feed my kiddies.
Good Morning to all that follow.
BBL
chrissy

Good morning everyone! I'm so glad it's Saturday!!:D:D I'm going to enjoy this rest day after 8 days of working out. It's beautiful and sunny and we have a super fun day planned. This morning I'm going for a cut/colour, this afternoon we going to the Exhibition (like a fair with rides/midway) and then to my sister's for a family barb-q and a swim. Then home early to bed so we can get up early for the marathon.

Gayle What an emotional as welll as physical day for you. You are an exceptional woman! Hope today goes well, how is the PF this morning! Thanks for your well wishs for my family. I'm like you, I'm such a planner that I'm always looking at the next rotation/plan and get impatient to finish up the current one.

Rachael Do not worry about one missed workouts, I"ve missed 2 or 3 cardio throughout STS sometimes your body just needs a rest more than anything. My dd is 8 yrs old. She says the piano exam went well, parents aren't allowed in the room. It was funny as the little boy before her came running out yelling "I survived, I survived". They get their marks in a few weeks. DH did most of P90X last year with me but he's only using the STS leg workouts as he has been marathon training since the fall. He only likes to work out 3 times a week.

Jo I've been using mostly dumbbells for STS as well. I have a "new" old barbell but I just got it and find it very awkward. I was going to use it for squats yesterday but ended up just using the 20 lb vest and 2 30 lb dumbbells as much more comfortable. My legs are feeling it today so I guess it was okay. This meso 3 is going fast with only doing each week once! Enjoy the rain/cooler weather

Chrissy The prediction is 29C for tomorrow so I think that's mid 80's??? DH is hoping to run 3:20 and the race starts at 7 am so should be done before it's way to hot. DD is sure happy to be done her piano exam, we picked up a Jonas Brothers music book at the music store yesterday and she was busy trying to learn a new song last night so she's not sick of the piano anyways.

Julie I lol at the "ghetto" dumbbells. Do you feel that you get enough of a challenge??

Cendrine Are the DOMS lighten enough to try the squat rack workout today?? Are you doing it with just dumbbells as well.

Kim

Yeah its Saturday!!!
Except for all the stuff I have to do it might be a relaxing day:p

Today was disc 27 (I think) bi's and tris and shoulders. I have to agree with all of you...I really liked this one. I think it is my favorite out of the ones I have done. I think my arms are still swollen....And Gayle I had 2 veins:D I was streching my arms out and there they were. Glistening in the incandescent light...I wanted to give yall a good visual:D.

We had a busy week and it is probably just going to get busier so I will try to pop in during the week as much as possible. I might have to start trying to fit them in the morning because when I get home I am just wiped out. I think the heat helps. It might get better as I get used to it. The weather is just crazy. Jo needs rain and is barely getting it, Chrissy is getting way too much and we are getting record heat and no afternoon storms like we usually get...Oh well I am sure it is just a cycle the Earth makes every once in a while.

One more thing, I went to update my WM and I noticed like a dummy I put this weeks workouts on the recovery week. So I was going to delete them and move them down one. When I went to delete the first one, it said are you sure you want to delete and when I clicked yes, my calendar dissappeared for a second and when it came back it was dec 1999.:eek: I almost freaked. I though all my sts had been erased. I clicked on calendar again at the top and everything was back. Whoo! That was a close one.

Chrissy-That one was for you. You like long post right. I guess since I have not been able to post for a couple of days I have alot to say. 'Pretty Woman' That's a blast from the past. I have seen that movie so many times I can not count. When I was young we had it on tape<---another dated statement.:D I think it made me think for a little while anyway, that the way to find a hot guy with a nice car was to be a hooker in hollywood...Not good right!:D

Jo-Maybe if you close your eyes and concentrate hard enoughthe propel will turn into the martini and chuck norris will turn into Brad Pitt (or whoever does it for ya:p) I am more of a Hugh Jackman gal myself. But with my imagination,
the lemon propel would become watered down gatorade (yuck) and chuck norris would turn into Mickey Rourke (post surgery of course) In the words of Gayle...Double Yuck!

Gayle-I hope you have a great walk today with good weather. I am sorry your ds is still so upset. I am sure death effects him in a different way due to your husband. I hope that is not too personal. You seem like you have a great bond with your sons. They are lucky. Alot of people give up in your situation and think why bother...I do admire you.

Julie-Although ds is still asleep, I know he would be interested. I have never bought anything from ebay so I do not know how you want to do this so if you want me to send you a check or money order just let me know and I will send you my email.

Mary, Kim, and Tracy (who I have not have the pleasure of officially meeting) I hope you are having a great weekend.

BBL
Rachel

Hi Guys,

we are just running out the door to meet some friends at a restaurant for breakfast, so just a quick post before we leave.
But I wanted to ask you guys: my legs are still feelig sore from Wednesday's plyo, not as bad, but I can tell the Doms are still around every time I sit down on the toilet....:eek:
so my question is, should I be completely 'unsore' before doing more weighted leg work or is it enough to just give my legs a few days rest? I am thinking of doing cardio today and tyring squat rack legs tomorrow, but I think I will still have some residue Doms hanging out tomorrow. What do you guys think?

Kim, I looked at your album, your kids are so cute! Nice pictures, I think the one with your dd on her first day of school is my favorite!
If I do Squat rack legs tomorrow, I will be doing it with dumbells and see how it goes. DH has a barbell in the garage I can set up if I feel the need. I will see.

Chrissy, I liked your article on women over 40, the sausage/pig story made me laugh! I did really well yesterday food wise, thanks for checking!

So Gayle, I am taking today as the next one day at a time. I will opt for an eggwhite veggie omelette at breakfast out today to kick it off well. I feel I'm in a better frame of mind. My hormones have been whacko, maybe that had something to do with it too. Have fun completing your mileage, you are such a powerhouse! I'm going to try the blackbean meatballs this week

and Rachel, I am also going to try your chicken terazzini(spelling) this week as well. Will let you both know how we liked it.

Gotta go!

Cendrine- I think you will be okay with doing legs again. You have had enough recovery time. Being slightly sore is okay. Have fun. Enjoy your breakfast.

chrissy

Good Saturday Morning!

Today is my recovery day and I overslept (just woke up) - so Chrissy we must be living polar lives! :D So last night I was drinking a propel and I was waiting on DH as we were going to watch a movie and I was flipping through the channels. I was reading the forum at about the same time so stopped on Chuck Norris on the Hallmark channel! So I was kind of watching it!

I LOVE Pretty Woman and watch it whenever it's on....I don't know why I like it so much. Maybe because it's light and sappy??? I love movies like that - You've Got Mail is another one I like to watch.

Kim, sounds like you have a really fun day today! Glad you're having great weather! You guys deserve it after you cold winter!

Rachel - you're making me jealous about your arms! Don't work too hard this week and join us when you can! Though I love the WM, they still have some kinks they need to work out. I've had some strange behavior with it too!

Cendrine, how was breakfast? I would go ahead and do legs unless something doesn't feel right. Usually if I'm at the tailend of being sore, the workout helps loosen things up. So yesterday when I did Plyo legs I still had a touch of DOMS from Tuesday squat legs. Today, however, I have FRESH DOMS from Plyo legs!

Okay, have to the shower and then a trip to Costco, Whole Foods and Trader Joes!

I'm thinking of you Gayle on your walk!!!! Hello everyone else!

Everyone enjoy the day!

Hi everybody! Just coming up for air from this busy, but FUN weekend. Mom is napping upstairs with ice on her knee. Kids are watching TV and on the PC. My sisters are visiting our Great Grandmom with our dad. And I'm playing on the PC. LOL Not really, just taking a quick break to say HI and give you all an update super quick.

I returned to the Relay For Life event this morning around 7am and met up with my co-worker again, from school. She and I like to walk fast so off we went. Together, we logged over 30 miles! 30 MILES! WOO HOO! The weather cooperated all of yesterday, but after only an HOUR of walking this morning, the the skies just opened up. We were drenched and getting more miserable every lap we made. But my family showed up around 9:30 and they walked a few laps before returning to the car to stay dry (they parked where they could watch me walk, though, lol). At 10:15, I had had enough; I was drenched thru and thru and I was tired, physically and mentally. So I made sure our team had somebody to walk the remainder of the event till noon and we came home, showered, thawed out, and we all went to DS' basketball game then lunch. Now we're all chilling...I'm baking something for tonight (mom and I are going out to play Bunco in the neighborhood tonight).

30 MILES!!! I am so super stoked about that. I really am! It has been an emotional and roller coaster of a weekend. Ups, downs, and everywhere in between. So MUCH to be grateful for in our lives. SO MUCH! I was reminded this weekend just HOW LUCKY and BLESSED I truly am. Somebody commented on the bond with my boys, and I never really thought about it. You know, you get caught up in the day-to-day grind of mommy-hood and it takes an event like this Relay For Life (and a simple comment from a friend here) for me to realize all the wonderful and AWESOME blessings in my life. I truly am blessed.

Now, I must return to the kitchen. I'm making a Pumpkin Spice Bread for tonight. I am going to 'allow' myself some treats tonight. I just need to unwind and mentally let go of EVERYTHING for a while, and the 3 hours of Bunco tonight is my treat to myself. WITH CONTROL, I promsie! Back to the grind tomorrow, as I start W4 of Meso 3!!!!

30 MILES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Gayle

p.s. THANKS SO MUCH, ladies, for allowing me to just gush and gush without responding with personals to you all. I consider you all FRIENDS and feel comfortable enough to just gush about my emotional weekend! YOU ALL ROCK!

Gayle, I got all teary eyed reading your post! I'm so proud of you! What a great accomplishment and "grateful" inducing weekend! You are a wonderful role model to everyone who knows you and especially for those great boys of yours!

You deserve to splurge - so go on and enjoy yourself! Take a load off and put your feet up! :eek::cool::p;):D

Thanks, JO!!!!!!!

Here are 2 pictures from this weekend:

Jacob, Me and Zachary
See the purple and white beads??? They are Lap Trackers....you get a white bead for every lap and every 4th lap you get the purple one to log your full mile. I had 2 since I walked so much! :)
Relay for Life June 2009 059.jpg

My whole family. I LOVE this picture.
Relay for Life June 2009 065.jpg

Me waving to the camera, at the start of the Parade of Teams.
Relay for Life June 2009 039.jpg

Gayle

WAY TO GO GAYLE!!!

What an amazing person you are. You are truly an inspirational woman to everyone you meet.

Thanks for sharing the pictures. Your boys are truly blessed to have a mother like you.

have a great night.
chrissy

Rach,

If you want it you ould send me a money order and I will send you the program. Let me know and I can pm youmy addess, actually i will give you a g address so my stbx does not inercept it.

Hey everyone!
It has been a busy day and I just stopped in cause DH was wanting to know if Julie got back with me about the P90. I am glad he is excited about something. He has not had a steady workout in a while so I think he is chomping at the bit for something. He just wants to be as buff as me:p

Julie let me know when you pm me with the info so I will check it.

I will be in in the morning to catch up with yall.

Cendrine I don't know how you slipped my mind earlier...:eek: I think about you everytime I am in the kitchen.

Rachel

Jo- I saw you are reading (or read Frankenstein). I never read it but I took my kids to CVS for father's day cards yesterday and Dylan saw Young Frankenstein on DVD. That is the comedy with Gene Wilder. So we bought it and watched it last night. It was very silly. I don't ever remember seeing it before. Dylan of course said "Is this whole movie in black and white?!?!" He ended up falling asleep. Youngest one stayed awake and filled him in. I think he really liked it. But they had a hard time with the Dr. being Frankenstein and not the monster.

I haven't read a book in years. I mostly read text books about exercise or nutrition books (very entertaining read-:confused:). Maybe I wil try to read that one. I think the last book I read was a steven king book. Unless you count the books I read to my kids.
I got my oldest son the chronicles of narnia for christmas so we can read them at night. After the 2nd night my youngest one was a little freaked so we couldn't continue.

Sorry I just feel liked I blabbed about nothing. I have to put my kids to bed. Then I can finally get to my workout.

chrissy

Chrissy,
Frankenstein was awesome! I can't believe I never read that book before! (No wonder it's a classic!)

Frankenstein may be a bit much if you have been reading text books and such. I just say that because of having to adjust to their style of writing and talking 200 years ago! :D (I'm not saying you couldn't adjust, I'm just saying you might want something with modern speak!) Mary Shelley was a brilliant writer! I wish she would have written a sequel! I was absorbed!

But if you like Stephen King, I recommend Lisey's Story. It's King's first love type story (or the closest he's ever done!). It's still has it's Stephen King elements (you know a touch of the paranormal) but less than normal. I was enthralled with it! And then, I read Duma Key! Oh my gosh, that one was classic Stephen King; but again I couldn't put it down! I read that on vacation last summer and it totally captivated me!

Chrissy,
Just to be clear, I'm not trying to discourage you from Frankenstein! When I was going to school, I wanted to read something quick and light after spending months reading text books. Frankenstein is a fantastic read, but I had to look up a lot of words - her use of words didn't always make sense to me and I can't let that go! But the books isn't that long.

Regardless, READ IT SOMETIME! You won't be disappointed!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.