6 Monthers, STS, Saturday

banslug

Cathlete
Jo-ABSOLUTELY, I feel soooooooo AWESOME with this clean eating! I'm finishing up 6 COMPLETE WEEKS of clean eating, with ONLY ONE 'cheat' 1/2 day. The MENTAL benefits are huge for me....I'm so much more focussed on things, so much more patient (and I'm NOT a patient person), and so much more in-tune with everything around me. Of course, there are the physical benefits too.....like the jeans now fitting. I feel like I've just SHRUNK in the last 2 weeks. I haven't stepped on the scale since last week and I may just wait until our May 9th goal date. I keep putting the scale off one day at a time, this way I don't get obsessed with it.

Cendrine-I have a power tower (the 'real' kind, not Cathe's of course) with the dip handle, pull up handle, Roman chair thingy, etc. I use bands for assisted pull ups and just moved onto the light resistance this past week. It's funny, because you would THINK that with the weights I do lift for other exercises, that that would be an indication I can just DO the pull ups, hugh? Just goes to show.......I think my biggest 'problem' doing them UNassisted is that I don't think I've made that mental connection between my BACK muscles and the actual movement. Does that make sense? And I'm having your YUMMY soup for lunch today with a small piece of tilapia on the side. I made the soup as-is and figured I'd have a lean protein on the side like this.

Rachel-I've put things back in the wrong spot before. I think the funniest was when I put the dish washer detergent in the cabinet for my laundry detergent and actually USED it the next time I did laundry! LOL Great job on improvising at the last minute.

REST DAY TODAY, BABY! And I need it, considering I was up at 2:30 and couldn't get back to sleep. Lots on my mind and sometimes I just can't get my mind to shut back down. So I got up and did some PTA stuff till around 4, then I went back to bed and read my book till 5:30 when I finally felt tired again. DS has a baseball game in an hour, so we're headed out shortly.

BBL

Gayle

Good Morning All! It's Disc 19 this morning, some cleaning, and then, of course, trip to Costco!

We watched Iron Man last night. What a fun movie!

I can't do a pull-up to save my life! So I gues two of my biggest fitness goals should be to master pushups (which I am already better) and then when I get my Cathe tower to really work on those pullups. Right now I don't really have a way to try to improve as I only have the bands with door attachment. So next time around on Meso 1, I plan to become a pushup queen! And, hopefully we'll have the tower by then and I can really forcus on pullup/chinups!

Okay, off to get busy with my workout! CBL! Everyone enjoy your day!

Gayle, enjoy your rest day (and do relax a little!) :D:D

CLEAN EATERS UNITE!!!!!!!!!!!

Gayle, I also meant to say: I feel for you with getting up so early! I have weird bouts of waking up when I am overly stressed (especially at work) and can't calm my mind. You would think with all the working out your body would take over and make you sleep! I hope you get a nap or something in today so you get some rest!

Good morning Gayle and to everyone else...Disc 18 was this morning and I am feeling it now. Those horizontal DB rows were murder. I had to really concentrate on using the right muscles for that one. Not an easy task when everything else wants to help.
I am ready to go now though. We have a fun b-day party to go to tonight at the lake for my nephew, he will be 3 and that is such a fun toy age. We are the fun aunt and uncle that bring the fun presents because we like to play with them too. We just got him a sack full of misc. little things that he doesn't have to be careful with or worry about losing at the lake. I like these kind of b-day parties because they are more about playing than aboout cake. I will stand strong. Besides if you have had one grocery store b-day ckae haven't you really had them all. It is not like some kind of amazing dessert that I will never have the opportunity to try again, right?:D

Since I have been busy eith work the past couple of days I was wondering if anyone had heard from Chrissy and how her comunion planning was going? I know she is a procrastinator so now she is probably running around like a chicken with her head cut off. Vivid imagery I know!:p

Jo-I think the clean eating is really helping me. Mentally and physically.(I know the chicken in the cabinet is not a good example) I think for me the execise comes easy but the eating is the challenge. Esp. when I am surrounded by people who are not the cleanest eaters in town. DH is not a vege eater and my best friend is always ranting about her bad food choices. So I have to try and accomodate DH and sometimes I feel guilty because during the week I do not feel like making 2 dinners and so it's either his or mine and mine normally wins out. He doesn't mind eating crap but I don't like it that he eats crap...Do you know what I mean?

Gayle-You made me laugh at myself with the band assisted pullups because I while ago I saw this on youtube and thought I would try it. It looked like a good way to build up my strenghth. Well apparently I did not pay attention at how they attached too good because mine came loose as I was descending and smacked me hard on the neck. I had a bright red mark for about an hr after that and have not tried them ever since.:eek: I was embarrassed to tell DH how it happened because he is always catching me being a clutz and hurting myself but we alwyas get a good laugh from it later.

Well I have to go and get ready for the day but will try to be back later.

Rachel

I just finished Disc 19 and LOVED IT! Love the double wave loading!

Rachel, I really enjoyed Disc 18. You have a great time at the party tonight! Sounds like you are a really fun AUNT!

:cool::p:eek:

Hi Guys,

I just finished CCV2 and stability ball abs circuit. I reall like this workout and it gets me soaked every time! I'm looking forward to resting now through Sunday and then do another week of disks 16,17,18

Meals today:

m1 banana chocolate shake and oatmeal (I really don't need to post this one any more, it's the same all the time....I just like it so much!
m2 fresh strawberies, greek yoghurt and oatmeal
m3 salad or veggies soup with canned tuna depends on how warm or cold I am
m4 last left over sugar snap/beef mix
m5 chicken and broccoli, nuts

Jo, the clean eating has made a difference in a very unexpected way for me, I don't seem to have cravings! Even that week of the month just snuck right by me last month! Eating clean also just helps me feel accomplished and the clothes do fit great, and I know I'm doing the best possible for my body! That feels wonderful! The cathe tower will be a super good tool to train for chinups, I think it's a great piece of equipment and I'm sure you'll work your way up in no time! I might buy it sometime down the road, but not now... Have fun at Costco today!

Gayle, great idea about protein on the side with the soup, why didn't I think of that? Sorry you didn't get much sleep, hopefully you can sneak in a nap today!

Rachel, have fun at the party! What did you decide to take for people to snack on?

Have a good day, everyone!

Cendrine-I decided to do 2 versions of smores. I thought this would be fun with a campfire and it gives 2 options with not much added fuss. For me I will just have a fire roasted banana, maybe with some peanut butter on a lowfat grahm cracker. (and for whoever wants to go on that adventure with me) But most likely for everyone else we have the traditional necissities. Except an assortment of choc., white, milk and dark to add some excitment. This was the easiest thing for me and I ran out of time for planning due to a hectic end of the week.
But I do have a recipe for you guys. It is from the fat loss special Oxygen mag.

Egg Dish Casserole
Cooking Spray
1 cup egg whites
1/2 tsp black pepper
16 oz. fresh spinach (I used 6oz. I think this could be a misprint)
1/2cup diced onion
1 1/2 cups diced cauliflower florets
1/2 cup mushrooms diced
1 tsp olive oil
Pinch each of sea salt and pepper
8 oz non fat cottage cheese
8 oz 0% Greek yogurt
1/2 cup grated reduced fat cheese

1.Preheat oven to 350

2.Coat a glass or ceramic 8x8 inch dish with cooking spray. Pour in egg whites and pepper. In microwave safe bowl, microwave spinach for 4 min. (I went a little less than that) Saute onions, cauliflower and mushrooms in a nonstick pan with oil. Season with salt and pepper. Add to egg whites ( I let it cool a little before I added so not to scamble the eggs) Add cottage cheese yogurt and cheeseand stir to combine. (It did not say when to add the spinach so I added it to the cheese mixture before I added it to the eggs.

3.Bake in oven for 45 min. or until top is slightly bubbling. Let cool for 10 min. before serving.

Now I added some red bell pepper for more flavor and I think you could change it around pretty easy to make it more southwestern or add some different seasonings for a more italian flavor. The possibilities are endless.

6 servings
Calories 128
Total fat 3
Trans 0
Cholesterol 8mg
Sodium 322 mg
Carbs 9g
Fiber 2
Protein 18g
Irom 2mg

It was good too. I had it for 3 days and it got better the second day.

Enjoy
Rachel

Oh, Rachel. I like the looks of that recipe! I may have to do that one soon! Have fun at the party tonight....the s'mores are always a hit. I have an indoor s'mores maker and we love pulling it out now and again.

Cendrine, you're right about the cravings being in check with clean eating. I noticed the same thing about TOM and no cravings this time around.

I just wanted to share my menu today for accountability:
M1: protein pancakes
M2: small gala apple and 2 lite string cheese
M3: Chicken Coconut Soup (DS tried it and wants it for dinner tonight)
M4: protein bar and small banana (was on the road for an errand)
M5: Cendrine's Super Energy Kale Soup with tilapia fillet
M6: BSN protein drink.

On the subject of protein drinks. I really would like to get rid of that evening protein shake/drink. But nighttime has always been my worst enemy when it comes to snacking mindlessly, and I feel that by drinking this drink for my last meal, I've gotten rid of that 'need' to snack since I am not EATING my last meal (does that make sense?)!

OK.....things are quiet around here. Younger DS is up the street at a friend's house and older DS is playing on the other PC. Not sure what I'll do, maybe some scrapbooking.

BBL

Gayle

Happy Saturday all you 6 monthers!!!

This morning I hit the road early to get my weekly grocery shopping done (3 stores) and have been busy with cooking, cleaning, laundry etc. and now I can finally relax!!!

DS had a friend over last night, and they monopolized the office where our computer is, so I wasn't able to "catch up" like I wanted to yesterday.

I went for a 5 mile walk with sis and BIL yesterday, came home and took Toby for a 3 mile walk, and then did Disc 15 (Back and Bi's) and tacked on the medicine ball abs. Let me say again that this series is kicking my butt big time. My body has been in a contant state of "What the ...." !!!!!! I'm trying to convince DH and DS to go to a movie tonight without me, so I can sit in silence in a tub full of epsom salt
icon11.gif
. They usually like the guns blaring action packed movies, and I like more of the comedies and love stories!!! The honest truth is that I AM TOO TIRED TO DO ANYTHING TONIGHT BUT RELAX!!!

Gayle-WHAT'S NEXT ON THE AGENDA, CLIMBING A MOUNTAIN (or have you done that already???) You are like the Energizer Bunny, you keep going and going.... I have continued to eat healthy since this challenge began (with no cheats), and I am also feeling the mental energy as well as the physical energy. The May 9th Challenge really has done it for me, in fact, I'm already thinking of substitute foods to take to the square dance with me, instead of eating the foods that will be available that night. I have done so well up to this point, that I want to continue on. My sister and I provide a meat dish, and everybody else brings a dish to pass. From past experience, there are usually no healthy dishes available, so I will have to bring my own and disguise them so people don't harrass me :confused::confused:. I hope it's warm that night, because I have a great outfit I want to wear, and it shows off my newly defined muscles (why say it when you can show it!!!)

Cendrine-Can you tell me how you make your banana chocolate shake? I think I would like to incorporate it in for my mid-day snack at work. Compared to you, Gayle & Jo I am not what you would call a clean eater, but I'm categorizing myself as a "healthy eater". Right now, this approach works best for me and I am seeing wonderful results. I will eventually attempt the clean eating when my body weight plateaus and I need to switch things up. I am pulling bits and pieces from all of your menus.

Jo-I am also ordering the push pull tower. I went to a few of the fitness stores to look for a similar piece of equipment, there just isn't anything available for the price I'm looking for. I'm disappointed that I won't have it for this rotation, but I will be doing the series again when the STS Cardio comes out, so I will be ready!! I just don't feel as though I am working my back as well as I should with the tubing, and doing a traditional pullup is just not happening for me. Glad to hear about the chest muscle, and for that matter any new muscle you see popping out!! I have always lifted heavy, but the muscle was hidden behind a nasty coating of fat. Now that the fat is going away, the muscle is starting to show it's beautiful little face more.

Rachel- Your B-Day party at the lake sounds wonderful!!! I hope it's filled with lots of laughter!!! Are you in a warm climate where you can swim in the water today?? I'm with you on the not wanting to cook 2 meals, 1 for yourself and 1 for DH. I'm doing that for dinner tonight. I am making goulash for the menfolk, and I am having salmon with sweet potato for myself!! I don't mind the extra cooking during the weekend when I have the time, but during the work week is another story!!

Kim-I can't remember if your race was today or tomorrow, but hope you had a great time!! It must be a great feeling having your DS run with you! I hope the sun was shining for you and the breeze was at your back. You must have incredible legs with all the running your do!! I haven't had a chance to use the slanted risers yet. I didn't need them for back and bi's yesterday, but I will need them for my 2nd week of chest, tris and shoulders. It doesn't take much to make me happy :D:D:D. I will be on cloud 9 when the push/pull tower arrives!!!

It's time for me to start dinner, so have a great evening, and we'll try to check back later!!!

Mary

Hi, Mary!!! just a quick pop in from me, so sorry for not personally commenting.

Just wanted to come and say how DELICIOUS Cendrine's soup is! Awesome!!! I had it with a tilapia fillet and it was PERFECT!

Gayle

Anyone want to run the relay tomorrow with me?? My friend is sick with the flu :( Trying to find someone else to run, will figure something out.

The same friend was going to watch dd while I ran my part of the race so now need a babysitter and another runner. Don't want to let ds or the other friend down as they are both excited about running. I'm getting frustrated. Will catch up with everyone tomorrow.

Gayle, I'm so glad to hear you love the soup, I really love it too, and am going to make it soon!

Rachel, I copied your recipe and am trying it for next weekend, it sounds absolutely delicious! Thanks for posting it! Fun choice for the b-party! Enjoy your banana!

Mary, nice to hear you chatting on the thread, I miss you when you are not around as much! The banana smoothie is super simple. I basically take Costco's whey protein powder, the chocolate kind, one scoop of it is 20g of protein, add a banana and blend it in the blender with 6 oz of water. To make it thicker and more nutritional I sometimes add a scoop of ground flax seed and if you like it reall thick, freeze the banana before blending and add some ice. I hope you like it!

Kim, you are in such good shape, just run the whole race! :) I hope you find someone to help out with the race!

would love to stay longer but gotta go!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.