6 Monthers, STS, Monday

banslug

Cathlete
Hey, gang!

Just a super quick post to get us started for the day.

Workout...DONE! I went with a run using iTread set 3, 60 minutes and I KILLED IT! I really felt ON FIRE this morning. I used the runner #s right from the start and kept at it all the way thru. Logged over 6.25 miles in the 54 minutes or so of running. Then did Yoga-Based abs from Ab Circuits.

On the comments about chest work in STS. I feel a bit leary of using such heavy weights too and a few times yesterday didn't get the WHOLE set in because it was just soooooooooo heavy and I KNOW I wouldn't be able to rack it without a spotter or killing "my girls". :)

Gotta dry my hair and get the kids moving. Be back after the bus!

Gayle

CLEAN EATERS UNITE!!!!!!!!!!!!

gayle, I just saw your BFL transformation. Wow!! you look great. Your legs look so strong. I have tried that many times but have always quit within a couple of weeks because of the eating. I always dreamed on being the champion and winning all that money. I dont think the prize is as big anymore. Did you officially enter the contest or just did it on your own?

My shoulders are really sore today, and that is unusual for me. I am planning on going to the gym and getting some cardio in. Then I have to get my younger son a communion suit. Saturday is the big day.

Hello to everyone. BBL
chrissy

GOOD MONDAY MORNING!!

Well it's the start of my work day, so I only have a few minutes to post :(. I did MESO 2 Disc 13 today and HOLY COW!!!!!!! My arms are still shaking.!!! What a workout!!!! I am definitely going to have to get a bench press rack, especially after going to failure with the chest pressess. Wasn't so sure I was going to get the bar off of me a couple of times. The dropsets for the flys was incredibly challenging. My posted weight was 30#, and after the first set, there was no way I could even pick the things up off the floor to get in position, especially after that chest work. I am so glad she is breaking up the arms with the leg workout. I think I'm going to need until Friday before I can lift again :eek::eek::eek:. It was difficult picking up my purse this morning. I REALLY LOVE THIS STUFF!!!!!

OK, I got to fly. DS has a track meet tonight, so I will try to post when we get home. HAVE A FANTASTIC DAY, AND I'LL CBL!!!

Mary

hee hee hee hee :p That's my evil laugh to Mary! LOL WE TOLD YOU Meso 2 would kick it for ya, didn't we!!! Sounds like the HOLY COW factor hit you good this morning!

Chrissy, thanks! I'm ashamed to say that I let that transformation slip quite a bit, but I'm also VERY EXCITED to say that after my pics and my measurements on Saturday, I am JUST ABOUT back at where I was at the end of that BFL challenge. I did enter, officially, that BFL challenge and was sent a certificate for completing it. I also entered a BFL challenge at the BFL Tracker website and won Honorable Mention for that, which I was quite pleased about. But I'm even HAPPIER that I'm just about back there....as in just about 5 pounds and a few hairs of an inch on my measurements. I certainly can't complain!

OK....here are my planned meals for the day. I'm switching things up to get rid of my morning shake:
m1: Salsa chicken wrap
m2: 3 egg whites, catalope (finally cut it last night, lol)
m3: apple and 2 lite string cheese
m4: tuna mixed with Green Giant broccoli & cheese (I'll share this tip later)
m5: tilapia, baked sweet potato, 'fried' cabbage
m6: BSN protein shake (not getting rid of this one just yet)

Gayle

Hi Everyone,
I'm really running late today. I just finished CCPP - I'm back on track baby! :eek:

Mary - heh heh...just wait until tomorrow! Can't wait to hear how Julie did! Oh and Gayle I saw your transformation last night also! AMAZING!

Okay, I'll BBL - Good Morning Chrissy and everyone else! And Chrissy, my chest is really worked again! Yeah, my shoulders too...and my triceps!

It's me again!

Just another quickie!!! Did I say HOLY COW earlier. It is almost lunchtime and I am now saying HOLY S---!! I really am trying to clean up my potty mouth :eek::eek:. My arms are like rubber!!!!

Mary

Mary, go look under the Success Stories forum. It's near the top if not the top and says something like "My 12 Week Transformation with BFL."

Hi Guys,

I did disk 16 today. The chestpresses and flies felt hard today, and don't even get me started on the standing lateral raises, both arms at the same time! I should be well sore tomorrow!

m1 banana chocolate protein shake, oatmeal
m2 blueberries, yoghurt, oatmeal
m3 big green salad with grated zucchini, chicken, almonds and balsaic vinegar
m4 chicken vegetable soup with flax seed
m5 tilapia and broccoli, nuts

Mary, welcome to meso 2! Glad you had a good start!:)

BBL

Hey guys
It sounds like everyone is off to a good start today. This morning I did KickMax. I did all the punching and kicking combos and then did the blast at the end. I was running low on time after that so I did the med. ball abs from ab circuit and a little of the extended stretch. I was feeling really good this morning so I really tried to push the blast in KM as hard as I could.
Now I am going to pop over and see Gayle's transformation pics and go eat. Hopefully I can come back for personals

Rachel

Hi Everybody,

Just got back a little while ago from the track meet, and it rained hard non-stop the whole meet. I kept hoping it would thunder or lightening so the meet would be cancelled, but no luck. I stuck it out until after DS ran, then we headed for home. I was drenched and can't seem to get the chill out of my bones!!!

Gayle-Your before and after pics are fantastic. You look great and should be so proud. Your legs do look great, but your abs are really what caught my attention. It shows what hard work and dedication can do for a body
icon14.gif
icon14.gif
icon14.gif
icon14.gif
. As they say, a picture is worth a thousand words!! I am continuing my healthy eating, and have had no cheats, thanks to all my 6 Monther friends!!

Cendrine-Hearing you say Disc 16 was hard for the flys and bench presses has me a little anxious. Disc 13 kicked my butt, and I'm not exaggerating in the least. I am a little nervous of what's to come. I can honestly say I have never had DOMS as bad as I have them today, and can't even imagine what I'm going to feel like tomorrow. I know, quit your whining :p.

Rachel-I really like Kick Max, it has a little of everything in it, and it's a great leg workout. I was going to do that one tomorrow morning, BUT I believe Disc 14 for legs is going to be rough, so I think I'm going to postpone Kick Max until this weekend when my legs are more fresh!!

Chrissy-Did you find a communion suit for your son? Thankfully I have brothers with older children, so a lot of their clothes, along with suits, have been passed down to my DS. I don't mind paying for special clothes as long as they can get more than 1 wear out of them!

Jo-How are you feeling today?? Did your DH have fun camping?? Thanks for telling me where to look for Gayle's pictures. Are we going to see your before and after pics posted anytime soon?? I guess I need to start surfing some of Cathes other forums, there is just so much good stuff out there!!!

Ok everybody, I need to sign off and get to bed early. My muscles need a little extra R & R after that killer workout this morning. Hi to everybody that checks in tonight. We'll talk tomorrow!!

Mary

Hey guys! I'm sorry I haven't gotten a chance until now to check in again. The day just kind of got away from me. From school/work, I came home and got some stuff done around here, picked up the kids and after homework the boys and I borrowed a truck from my dad and we went and bought ourselves a 5' 'porch swing' for our old wooden swing set. I thought it would be a cool thing to have in the yard for us. So we brought it home and my dad helped me put it up. Well, either I need to lose more weight or the old hooks/bolts were too rusted, because my end of the swing fell straight (and hard) to the ground. LOL I was laughing so hard my dad thought I was crying and hurt! LOL Then it was off to baseball and the hardware store to get parts to FIX said swing (that's on the to-do list for tomorrow).

Thanks, ladies, on your comments about my BFL post. I had no idea it had been resurrected to the top of the Success Story forum. But seriously, what makes me MOST happy is that I am so close to being right THERE, where I was in that after picture....SO CLOSE I can taste it (and see it, literally, lol). Thanks again, I appreciate the comments.

SO......it's Monday night...what's the goal for tomorrow??? May 9th is getting here one day at a time! We're doing it, ladies!

Tomorrow...disc 20 LEGS is on tap and I'm STOKED! I LOVE working legs and am really looking forward to it tomorrow. I'm planning on following it up with my Gumby Extended Stretch afterward!

G'Night, ladies! See you all in the AM!

Gayle

Well I am off to a great start today!! I have been up since 3:37am!! I did disc 13 for the first time! Wow! That was hard, well mostly just the shoulder stuff. i have a LT serious shoulder injury which greatly impacts my ability to workout with anything that requires shoulder stabilization. Rear delts are bery hard for me!

Gayle, Wow! You are in amazing shape! I couldn't do 6 miles unless I had three hours. Very inspiring!

Last night I had a gf over and we both committed to bfl. I am going to use sts for the workouts. My plan is to do the HITC that they recommend on sts days and 40 min cardio and abs on non sts days. I am going to track calories etc.

Julie, I meant to ask.....I assume the book arrived, right??? lol

OK, NOW I'M REALLY SIGNING OFF FOR THE NIGHT!

Gayle

Well I just got home (it's after 9:00) so I don't have time to post much - I need to get something to eat. So I'll catch up on personals tomorrow! I did want to say I'm figuring out how to double up my workouts in anticipation of the days I'll be gone. So I'll probably start doubling things up on Wednesday. I would have started today but wanted to make sure I have all my energy back after having my headache.

It's Disc 17 tomorrow.

You GIRLS ARE ALL DOING AWESOME!!!!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.