6 Monthers, STS, Friday

banslug

Cathlete
Good FRIDAY morning. The light at the end of my tunnel is here! FRIDAY! LOL

Workout done! I decided on Drill Max Cardio Leg Blast premix, then Tracey's Core Blast (3 segments, on ball and bench). Felt awesome and like I had an extra spring in my step. Probably because I know it's FRIDAY! :)

I'm sorry I've been MIA this week a bit; things will slow down today, thank goodness. I'll take some time later on to play catch up on the last few days' posts from everybody!!!!!!!

Can you believe May 9th is TOMORROW??? What are your weekend plans???

Tomorrow is my DS' First Communion at 10. Afterward we're going to the Italian place we all love. After that the farm where I bought my CSA share (do you all know what that is?) is having Open House so we're going to check that out. A CSA is a community-sponsored agriculture, where residents buy a share (or partial share, in my case) of the produce that gets harvested. So for a price, I help fund the farm and they grow all the stuff and I get a basket of goodies all growing season.....at least 20 weeks' worth. This is the first time doing this...I usually grow my own garden but after last year's horrible growing season I decided to try this out and support our local farms. The kids and I will still plant our garden on Mother's Day Sunday as usual, but not as much stuff.

OK...I need to dry my hair and get the kids started on this wonderful FRIDAY, regardless of weather! :)

KEEP MOVING!
STAY STRONG!
CLEAN EATERS UNITE!

Gayle

Gayle, congrats to your ds on his communion! Another busy weekend for you.

Busy day here for me, I was going to get up early and get sts disc 20 squeezed in before the day started but dd woke up and wasn't feeling well. She seemed okay, just a dry cough, a couple of hours later when school was starting so I sent her to school. I have 45 mins between kids going to school and when I have to leave for the funeral so just hanging out here. Then the kids will be home for lunch and then after lunch DH and I going to pick up our new camper!:D:D:D The kids are so excited! We bought in back in Feb/March?? The salespeople guys are going to give us a lesson on how to use it while the mechanics put the hitch on the SUV and hook up the brakes. So should take a few hours. Then home, and DH will have to try and park it :confused::confused: He's nervous about backing it into the driveway.

This evening my niece is turning 10 and having a sleepover birthday party which my dd 8 is invited to. I will take dd over to the party and exchange her for my nephew12 who is not welcomed at his sister's sleepover:rolleyes: He will come over and hang out with my ds12. It's nice to have cousins the same age. The two boys think they're going to sleep in the camper tonight, it's going to be -6 and snowing:p:p so we'll see. My niece's party was supposed to be a pool party but that had to be changed as their pool still has ice on it.

Will have to fit my workout in sometime this evening I guess. Have a great day, gotta run. Kim

Hi Everyone,
I was going to do Disc 19 today (2nd time) but awoke at 4:00 with another migraine. So just wanted to post a quick hello and am going back to bed. I'm better right now but haven't had much sleep. Hopefully a couple more hours in bed and I can kick this. I don't want to lose another weekend to a headache! And, it's going to be nice here this weekend.

CBL

Hi Guys!

Gayle, you made it through the week! High five! And what a fun tradition to plant the garden on mother's day! I have to think of someting like that too! I love the agriculture share you do! We have an organic farmer here who delivers a crate of veggies and fruits weekly or biweekly, depending on your plan and we did that for a while. It was fun, but I needed a break.

Wow, Kim, busy day for you! Take a deep breath every once in a while! How fun to get the camper! I can't believe it's still so cold where you are! We are barefoot and all here! I wonder if the boys will make it in the camper for the night LOL! Excitment on new things can make kids put up with all sorts of dicomforts... But -6, that would decide it there for me, I could wait....:)
I hope you get your workout in today sometime!

Jo, thinking of you! May you sleep it right off! And take it easy if you have to, you'll make it up somehow.

I did disk 18, did better yet on the pullups and chinups! I'm really encouraged! I chose to do the standing barbell row seated with dumbells to let my lower back finsih recovering and it seems to have worked well, no new injuries....:p

meals for today

m1 banana chocolate shake and oatmeal
m2 berries, greek yogurt and oatmeal
m3 broccoli soup, salad and a salmon patty
m4 protein bar and walnuts
m5 not sure yet....

bbl

Hello everyone. I had a very busy morning. I got up and did disc 20 legs. No deadlifts?!?! I was happy but kinda of disappointed:confused:. Then I was feeling strong and decided to do disc 26 plyo legs with no weights. I got 1/2 thru and decided I was done. I wanted some extra cardio. I was soaked. I can't wait to get to meso 3 and start the plyo leg routines. I was thinking if I can squeeze it in, doing both discs each week. I probably would use plyo legs more for cardio. I am not sure yet.

After my workout I had to go to my nutrionist. I was down 1 lbs from last week. I am happy about that since I splurged all weekend. I really ate clean and light this week and it paid off. :D. Since my kids have been off all week because of the swine flu in the schools they came with me, and then we went to target. Between their b'days, parties, and easter they have had gift cards up the ying yang!! So each day they picked a new place to go shopping. Monday it was the movies (yes we had GC for that too), tuesday-game stop, wed- it was finally nice so they played outside that day, thurs- blockbuster (tonight is movie night), and today was target. My youngest son didn't use his whole GC amount so he let his brother use the balance so he could get the game he wanted. I love when they work together like that.

I am actually sore in my chest from disc 19, finally. The 1st time my chest is sore. I think the dbl wave load worked for me. I didn't like having to change my weights all the time though.

I have to go bbl
chrissy

jo- I hope you are feeling better. I have never had a migraine but I know they can be debilitating. Get some rest.

Gayle-You are almost done with your crazy week. Is the communion the last thing on your week? And still eating clean!! You go gayle. My sister is doing that farm thing. I don't know if she has actually gotten anything yet. But I know she was looking foward to it. I believe she had gone in with a couple of her friends.

Kim- I can't believe it is still that cold there. I feel for you although I guess that is normal for this time of year. We actually have a nice day today. It has rained everyday this week. Ugh!! We are still supposed to get thunder storms at 4pm, but for now it is nice out. Good luck with the camper. We just got one too. Our first outing is the 1st weekend out of school. The boys are really looking foward to it.
So sorry about your mom's friend. That has to be hard on her. She is lucky she has a great daughter.
Backing up and not being able to see that well- I would be nervous too. My husband used to be a truck driver so he can back up anything. I don't know how he does it. I have issues with my little jeep into the driveway. :eek:. I am getting better though.

Cendrine- thanks for sharing you religious experience with us. It is always interesting to hear someone else's view of religion. I have found that the Catholic church is very hipocritical (sp?) and judgemental. I always felt I am a good person whether I get to church or not.

I am all geared up for our next challenge
Clean eaters unite!!!

BBl
chrissy

What a day!
I wrote a long post about it and then deleted it 'cause I read it and thought 'that is only going to make sense to me':D Work, you know, It would take so long to explain it and then I don't know if it would come across right.:eek: Needless to say someone dropped a really large ball and everyone else was to lazy to pick it up!:p
Onward and Upward right! Besides it's Friday and it is not my job to worry about other people's jobs on my weekend! End Rant Here!:p

Tomorrow I am doing disc 18 2nd week so with Cendrine this will be my halfway mark! I am looking forward to that bicep work. I love that pump you get esp. when a vein pokes out:D. Weirdo I know, aren't we all!
We are taking a little break and then headed back to our friends house for the ongoing remodeling. They are so clueless with somethings. The guy kind of seems like he wants to take the easy route but DH is trying to help him do it right so he won't have to do it again!. I just think that they did not know what they were getting into. Lots of hard work!

Kim
I am sure yall are going to enjoy that camper. When I was growing up we went camping all the time and it is some of my favorite memories. We did not have a camper but I loved getting outdoors and the campfires and bathing in the river. Now I ma not so keen on the river bathing. That darn water is just too cold!

Jo
I am trying to send you some warm healing vibes from Texas. We are only having a heat index of 100 today. Can you feel it? I hope you can and get over this migraine so you can enjoy the rest of your weekend.

Gayle
You will have to let us know about the CSA. I don't believe we have anything like that around here but there are always little stands along the road that you can stop and get fresh grown garden veges. Not that I need to thanks to my MIL's green thumb and my friends new interest in eating organic (so they are trying to garden but new at it) I think I will have more veges then I can eat! Thank goodness because I have the blackest thumb and everything that I have ever bouhgt and intentionally planted in the ground dies... I do mean everything!

Chrissy
You are more woman than I am. I can not imagine even attempting plyo after the meso 2 leg workouts that I have done so you getting halfway has impressed me to no end. You GO Girl!

Cendrine
I am thinking about trying that sweet potato pudding recipe you gave me for my sweet treat this weekend. I love SP anyway they are done except for the super syrupy way. Here lately though I have really been trying them spicy and really dig that naturally sweet flavor with the spicy. Love it

OK guys my friends just called and they are in distress so we are to the rescue!

BBL
Rachel

Chrissy, STS Legs AND Plyo???? What, are you NUTS, girl!!!! lol Crazy Crazy! I loved reading about the kids and their gift cards. Ours pile up for quite some time also, and then we finally spend it. My younger DS was saving his money for quite some time and finally was able to buy himself an iPod last week. He was super excited.

Kim, SNOW????? Oh my! But how COOL on the camper! I'd LOVE to have a camper! Get that workout in, and you're day will be golden! Enjoy the boys together tonight!

Cendrine, last night I checked out the Whole Foods website and was on there for over an HOUR! I was checking out all their recipes and stuff! Loaded with info, once you find your way around!

Rachel, sorry about the 'ball' at work, but I got a giggle at myself trying to figure out if you meant a REAL ball or a FIGURATIVE ball! LOL Yeah, it's been a long week for me, can ya tell? lol I love house projects, but you're right....you HAVE to do it right the first time even if it costs more. I so DISLIKE doing something half-way just to make it get done faster.

Mary, I can't WAIT to see a picture of you with the caller (sorry, forget that old man's name, lol). I hope you have FUN FUN FUN (is it tonight?)!!!!!

OK.....so it's finally FRIDAY and I feel so much better now that the week is over with. During my workout this morning (Drill Max, cardio leg blast premix) I had an extra spring in my step just because I KNEW I MADE IT THRU THIS CRAZY but FUN WEEK! This premix was fun....it was all the normal segments with the leg work, and timed in at about an hour. Tracey's Core Blast was just the change I needed to finish it off. I'm starting to see some nice definition in my abs (at least that's MY opinion) and I want to continue switching it up to keep them going.

Teacher Appreciation week went well. We had TONS of food and drinks and the comments from the staff was endless. All kinds of stuff.....soups, sandwiches, salads, sides, desserts, breakfast items, etc. I set it up so we have a different theme each day (Mon was breakfast items, Tue was salads, Wed was one-pot wonders, Thu was side dishes for the donated sandwiches, and today was a little bit of everything). It was just a long day each day because I got to the school at 7:30 and didn't stop moving till the kids and I went home at 2:30!

And yes, Communion tomorrow pretty much wraps up the BUSY week. The mass is at 10am tomorrow, and as long as the lightning doesn't strike ME down when we walk in, it will be a good day. Instead of driving myself absolutely BONKERS with trying to have a party at my house, knowing what a week I was going to have prior, I arranged for the family and some close friends (about 15 in all) to have lunch at our favorite pizza place. They have awesome Italian food, and I figure I'd rather pay THEM to do all the hard work, and allow my house to be a MESS without anybody seeing it! LOL So I planned ahead for that! As for the Italian place to eat, I'm planning to get the big salad with turkey breast and mozz cheese, no dressing.....that's my normal dish I get there and I'd like to save my cheat day till Sunday...one day beyond our goal date.

We've got a baseball game tonight then it's home for some well-earned R&R for me. I have to check my closet yet to see if I have ANYTHING that will fit and look nice. All the stuff I've tried on all week has been too BIG! But I ain't complainin'! :)

OK....sorry to ramble ramble ramble. I'm fired up and am loaded with all this energy! I sort of feel like working out to some cardio, but I won't! LOL

OK...time to sign off. LOVE YOU ALL FOR THE MOTIVATION!!!!!
Have an awesome second-half of your day!

Gayle

Chrissy, high fives on the 1 lb down! that is so encouraging! See, you got right back on the wagon and it was not bad at all! And your kids just sound so sweet, working together with the giftcards! How precious! Just remember that next time they drive you crazy....:p And yes, I agree with Rachel, plyo after and in addition to legs! Wow! You must be strong and have serious endurance! I do think I might use the plyo for cardio myself, I have to yet do one and see how bad it really is...

Rachel, let me know how you like the sweet potato pudding! I forgot to tell you, I make sweet potato fries with the following marinade:

This is not an exact recipe, I just toss stuff together:

chopped garlic
some olive oil
salt
Pepper
lemon juice
lime juice
mustard
nutmeg
cayenne pepper
chili pepper
pepper flakes

combine the ingredients to whatever degree of hotness you like and then toss the sweet potatoes in it before baking on a baking sheet at 400degrees for about 20-30 min.

My family loves those!

Gayle, your post came in as I was writing the above.

I'm glad you found your way around the healty foods website! I can get lost on there for hours! I hope you find some yummy stuff for yourself!

I like the problem you are having, everything is too big! LOL! I'm having the same phenomenon here! I was just thinking to myself that I need to get new workout pants, because these are getting too big at the waist! How fun is that! I'm seeing def in my abs too, a welcome sign, believe me!

Good thinking on planning the party out at the restaurant! It will be a well deserved rest for you after the crazy week you've been having!

So what are you planning on planting this Sunday for your mother's day planting?

Cendrine
I have done sweet potato fries lots of ways but have never tried it with lemon and lime juice. I know that should be great because I like the combination of orange and sweet potatoe. I might try a variation of this tonight. Except for the grill. Here is what I think I will do:

I simmer sliced sweet potatoes until they are tender but not falling apart. I do not have an exact time because it depends on how thick you cut them. Then drain them and put them back in the hot pot so they will dry a bit and them toss them in the ingredients you proposed and then finish them on the grill. I am licking my lips just thinking about this.!
Thank ya much!!!

Gayle
I think the teachers' need a Gayle appreciation day for all the hard work you put in!:D I am glad that you are done and might actually get to relax, I don't think that word is in your vocabulary;). Now about that lightning.You need to find a sinner to divert it away from you...pay one if you have to! Just tell them to go in first and then sneak in unnoticed behind them...Be careful. Don't forget we will be waiting for an update tomorrow on all the communion stories and yummy italian dinner later!

Kim
I know you have not been on yet but I hope your day went as well as possible. I know you will be tired from all the emotion surrounding you so I am trying to send you some sunshine!

It was a false alarm on the friends. They still did not have the right supplies so DH had to help them with a list and off they went to the hard ware store! I think this is the most cheery I have ever been about a remodel because it is not mine. But I feel for them because you know murphy's law.

Rachel

Hi Everyone! Thank you for your warm wishes! I am much better and just have a residual headache right now. I LOVE YOU all for your great support and your warmth and caring! It means a lot to me! :D

Gayle - MIA??? You have hardly been MIA this week! Looks like we all did good getting to May 9th! It is supposed to be nice here this weekend so DH and I are hoping to do a little yard work (nice here means mid 60's and sunshine). We have many CSA's in our area and it's fun to see everyone out there tending to their plots! Have fun with DS communion!

Kim, I hope DD is better and the funeral went okay. I remember you talking about the camper! Good times are coming! I hope you get a lot of use out of it! It will create lots of fun memories for the kids! I'm laughing about the boys wanting to sleep in it...be the first to test it out for you!

Cendrine, I'm glad your back is better - you certainly don't need any injuries! Thanks for sharing about your religious views. Many of your feelings about your relationship with God is the same way I feel. I didn't have the same kind of issues you did growing up but I always questioned that our faith was any different or better or whatever than any other faith and that God could be different. I've always questioned the separation of faiths. Like Chrissy said, I have always felt I am a good person whether I go to church or not.

Chrissy, congrats on another pound down! You weren't sore from Disc 16? That was the one that really got me! 19 has made me sore as well, but 16 really got me. So fun week with the kids! Do they go back to school next week? You are an animal! Disc 20 and PLYO!!

Rachel, I felt the heat!!! Thanks for sending it! A 100 degrees??? Wow! Congrats to you and Cendrine as you'll hit the halfway!! You are good friends to go help your friends with the remodel! That's good that DH is steering him to the right way...he'll be sorry later if he doesn't! Of course I don't need to tell you that!

Hello and happy weekend to whoever checks in! I'm hoping I can still get my workout in tonight. :p

Mary, I just want to wish you a fun time tomorrow! You've done a great job of sticking to the plan! YOU GO GIRL! :eek:

Hi, Jo. Just wanted to say I'm glad you're up and feeling better!!!

And also to say that I'm heading to bed! I get to sleep in tomorrow, till about 7am at the latest so we can be at the church for portraits by 9am. I'll check in before we leave the house. REST DAY tomorrow, but I'd really like to get a stretch in in the AM!

Night!

Gayle

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.