6 Monthers, STS, Friday

banslug

Cathlete
Good morning. REALLY REALLY quick post for me.

I have to be at the school by 8:30 this morning for my DS' 24 Math Challenge. This is the 2nd year he's made the cut and last year he came in 3rd OVERALL from the school. So....need to get my butt moving.

This morning's cardio for iTread 36, logged just shy of 6 miles. I got up about 15 minutes too late, so I didn't have time for abs (barely a stretch too). But I kicked it out on the run, so I'm pleased.

I'll BBL. PROMISE!

Gayle

Good Morning Everyone.

How is your personal challenge going so far? Stay focused and keep you eye on your goal.

I am on target!!!

As soon as the kids get on the bus, its cardio fusion for me, then to the nutrionist and then to get hair colored (I have lots of grays these days:confused:). If I have time I will do Back (disc18). If not its on for tomorrow.

Gayle- good luck with DS Math challenge. I loved your M&M story. If it was my story, I would have realized I did eat them;). Your story has a happier ending.

Rachel- I was doing the same thing on the weekends. I would do great all week and then the weekend I blew it and was making up for it the following week. It was so frustrating. I finally said enough is enough. I think turning 40 has made me realize that I am sick of struggling with food issues and my weight. I am getting too old for this yo yo crap. Like Gayle said having a plan before the day starts has really helped me. And this forum has also been a big plus for me. I love how we all support each other. I really look foward to reading these posts everyday. It keeps me focused on my goal.

I am reading this book and it has a bunch of techniques for urges to eat. The one I like the best is:
I'LL CARE LATER!! I may not care right now, but I will care alot when I get on the scale.

I have a bunch of quotes on index cards and I try to read them as much as possible.

Julie-How was your night with gf, wine and bikini's. It sounds like a great combo. I wish I could have joined you!! And yes, any exercise is better than none.

Cendrine- thanks for the receipes. They look great. WTG on your progress! You are doing awesome.

mary- What a great picture! Now I really want to go and square dance!!-lol I haven't been to a square dance since elementary school. I remember really enjoying it though.

Jo- You are doing great too. Way to go on your stats and your continued clean eating. My a** is killing me. WHOA!! These leg discs keep getting harder and harder and we are less than 1/2 way through. I am scared of what DOMS meso 3 will bring.:confused:

maggie- Glad you ankle is doing well. Its good not pushing it too much in the beginning. Take is slow. I still can't believe you have 7 kids!! I sometimes have a hard time with my 2 boys.

Hello to anyone I missed.
DS has a baseball game tonight. I will try to be back later.
Keep your eye on your goal.

chrissy

LOL! Turns out I'm a WEEK EARLY for the Math Challenge at school! I walk into the room and there are Kindergartners! LOL A WEEK EARLY??? My Bible, aka the Family Calendar, must be wrong! Oh the horror! LOL But at least I find myself with 90 minutes more than I originally planned on! Now I can relax a bit this morning and actually EAT the meals I packed in my cooler to take along with me! LOL

So here's today's planned menu. I moved things around a bit to accomodate what WAS SUPPOSED to be a busy morning! lol
M1: 3 egg whites, 1/3C oatmeal with 1T ground flax seed
M2: 2 egg whites, yogurt
M3: banana, 2 lite string cheese
M4: salad spring mix with grape tomatoes, 1/2 ww pita, 3oz tuna, 1T EVOO, 1T balsamic vinegar
M5: something on the grill (tilapia, maybe), small baked sweet potato, green beans
M6: BSN protein drink

On a side note, starting Monday, I'm going to try to replace my morning Myoplex shake with actual whole food. I'm thinking something simple that I pre-make ahead of time and all I have to do is reheat and eat. Maybe the salsa chicken wraps I make or something just as simple to heat. We'll see. OH! Or protein pancakes that I can pop into the toaster! OH YEAH....think I'll make a huge batch this weekend!

OK....off to do a few things around the house. Temps are to hit the high 70s today. So when I get home from school, I'll cut the grass (YUCK, yes I'll say that everytime I tell you I have to cut the grass YUCK), and then tonight is our school's Staff vs Students Basketball Game Fundraiser. DS was supposed to play, but since he can't do that on crutches, he was asked to COACH their student team instead. FUN FUN FUN and I can't wait!

ETA::: Chrissy, we were typing at the same time!!! Enjoy Cardio Fusion. Feel free to share those quotes with us! I like the one about caring later. I always think about how I'll feel about myself and my behavior when I wake up tomorrow. Will I regret what I did, ate, said yesterday????

OH! And how can I forget that with today's cardio workout, I've now OFFICIALLY HIT THE HALFWAY MARK OF THIS 6 MONTH ROTATION!!!!!!!!! WOO HOO!

BBL

Gayle

Last edited:
No work or school today! Sure enjoying just relaxing and sipping my coffee. DD is up early with me but I'm sure I won't see ds around for awhile :rolleyes: Have lots of errands to get done and ds has a hockey game later on.

My erercise schedule for the week is all mixed up!! :mad: I love to follow Cathe's rotations exactly but my running partners changed our running day to Sat. and ds wanted me to run with him Wed. I don't what to do legs the day before I run. I did that the last two weeks and I can't keep up with my friend when we run if I have leg DOMS:rolleyes: So had to shift things all around to accomodate everyone.

So I guess my workout week will go like this:

Wed 6 mile run outside with ds
Thurs Disc 16 (chest, shoulders, triceps)
Friday Disc 17 today (back/biceps) and abs
Sat. 6.5 mile run outside with friends
Sun Disc 18 (legs) and abs
Mon CTX kickbox and 2 mile run on tm

I hope that's ok putting the two upper body workouts back to back. I do have DOMS in the front of my shoulders today:) I hate it when people mess with my schedule.

Gayle Enjoy your found time this morning. Hope you enjoyed your volunteer breakfast, it's great that they recognize the work that you put in. Is your ds complaining of anymore pain in his foot??

Cendrine WTG on your measurements!!!

Mary The party sounds like a blast!! I would love to try square dancing. Thanks for giving us the May 9th goal, I'm probably the worse eater here, I admit to chicken cordon blue, cookies and potatoe chips yesterday :rolleyes:

Chrissy I love that bathing suit that you're thinking of buying. I was a swimming teaching/lifeguard while in high school/university for a part time job. Obviously did a lot of swimming as a kid to reach that point. So I think I'm way more comfortable in a swim suit then many women as I spent so much time in front of people wearing only a bathing suit. I never wear two pieces though, I'm more into the athletic types like Speedos that are good for working out in. Is your bathing suit for workouts or just for fun?

Maggie What a week you have had! Good for you for keeping up with your exercise. Hope the weekend is calmer for you.

Jo WTG on meeting that body fat goal!

Kim

Just a quick checj in. STBX is back. DS had a friend stay over last night. Wine and bikinis was fun! Got my gf on board with sts (i hope). We made seared ahi tuna for dinner with a lemon honey glaze, green beans, brown basmatti rice w lemon zest! It was to die for and pretty clean except for the honey and rice vinegar. Then we both ate pizza at 11:30pm. With in 20 minutes of eating it my belly swelled so big I looked about 5 months preg. I just can't seem to learn my lesson with the white flour. We attempted to take pix but it was to dark. We are gonna try today as long as stbx is not here.

Good luck everyone and hello tp everyone that follows!

julie

Good MORNING MY FAVORITE FITNESS FRIENDS!!!!

Got to get off to work so will CBL, but I did Cardio Fusion Mixed Cardio premix today - LOVED IT! And, Ab Circuit medicine ball abs.

My biceps are really talking to me from Disc 18! YEAH! This is the first time ever they've had DOMS like this! So, I don't know if it's the order of the exercises or I worked harder than ever???? :confused: But remember I said I had to drop weight on the concentration curls? Oh and Gayle, I'll know next week to add the self-assist if needed, but Cathe didn't show that until the 3rd set! :eek:

Anyway, GAYLE CONGRATULATIONS ON HALF-WAY! I'll be back later for personals.

Have a great day everyone!

Good Afternoon Everyone!
It is beautiful here today. Almost 80 and really windy so it feels great outside. I have the windows open and am letting the wind blow through and air our the house. I hate when it is time to close the windows and turn on the air. I will for go that as long as I can because I just love the fresh air. Not including all the noise of the outdoors. The birds and the wind...even the dogs lapping at their water. Thank goodness I live in the country I guess:)

This morning I was a real ambitious one and did IMAX2 in its entire form...which most days would be OK but yesterday was legs. Needless to say I had to talk myself through some of it. Saying "This won't last long, then we will be onto the next one:D" It worked, I survived and lived to tell about it.

Mary-Who said Clyde wasn't studly:) I am sure you will be reeling from all the fun you are going to have.

Maggie- I think you can be excused for not checking in on a regular basis...7kids and one special needs. I don't know how you find the time to check in at all much less do any kind of workout whatsoever. I have no children unless you count DH:D and soon due to work will probably barely be able to post during the week...So I am totally impressed.

Jo-Believe the 17.9. I am sure you earned it. And definitely congratulations!

Chrissy- Please don't get me started on gray hair. I have a stansing app. with my hair dresser every 6 weeks for that very reason and I am 32. I will probably be full blown gray by the time I am 40. As far as blowing it on clean eats for the weekend I am going to stand strong. I have a hard time planning my meals though. This I know is an issue. I like to cook and I like to experiment but I suck at planning what I am going to cook. When I do though it is always clean, for me anyway. DH does not eat too many veges. so it is hard to cook a clean meal for him. Anyway the weekend is the only real time I get to go all out on the meals so I will have to try and plan better so I know I will not blow it off and just go for the easy junk.

Julie- Wine yes but bikinis and wine...I probably would pick myself apart on that one.:D

Cendrine- The recipes look great. I am always in the mood for a good healthy recipe.

Gayle- Tell me more about the salsa chicken wraps. They sound like just the right fix for a hankerin' for mexican food...which is never a safe option for me to go out to eat. Love the salsa and the chips. Give me salty over sweet anyday.

I hope all is going great for everyone.
Oh yeah any update on belinda since last post from DH.
Rachel

Hey ladies! Just a post to say HI, I read all your posts, and that I'm enjoying my mid-day salad before heading back out to finish the grass (YUCK)! I'm 1/2 done, so not too bad.

BBL

Gayle

Hi Guys,

I did disk 15, now got the spasm in my left back/neck , now that I have doctored my right side back to normal....:( But the workout was great all the same! I can't believe I already have to print my next workout cards for week 2! Wow, moving right along!

meals for today:

m1 chocolate banana protein shake, 1/3 cup oatmeal
m2 strawberries, greek yoghurt, 1/3 cup oatmeal
m3 chick-fil-a grilled chicken salad (kids met friends for lunch there)
m4 leftover veggies and salmon patty
m5 artichoke with greek yoghurt/mustard dip and turkey burger

Gayle, or Chrissy, you know those oatmeal-cottage cheese pancakes you talked about a couple of days ago, do you add the oatmeal as 1 cup cooked or 1 cup dry, and then cook or add dry? I want to try it this weekend and was wondering. I admire your plan to eat real food instead of the shake, I think eventually that would be one more thing for me to improve in my menu, because technically it is processed and real food is always better, but it is so fast and so yummy, I think I'll stick with it a little longer. But those pancakes sound good for a quick meal since I could make them ahead of time...

By the way, I think for my reward for making it to may 9th , I think I will splurge on a new pair of Jeans, the ones I have are not wearable without a belt any more... so I think it would be ok to get a pair. So what are you guys doing as a reward?

Kim, I'm amazed at the 6 milers you do! That is so cool! Sorry that your workout routine gets all messed up because of schedule changes, that would bug me too! You sure are flexible though! I'm with you on the swimsuits, I haven't had a bikini on since highschool... But I like the more athletic looking tankinis. I got a couple off the athleta website, love their stuff. I think another reward after clean eating will be an athleta outfit...:)

Julie, I'm glad you had a good time with your gf! And that meal sounds so yummy I just might have to make it this weekend! Yum! Lol on the pizza! You just helped me remember why I stay away from it...

Jo, way to go on your body fat measurements... yeah, which one to believe... hmm. I guess the point is as you stated, clean eating is working and we're keeping it up! Good job on working your biceps so hard!

Rachel, hats off to you for doing Imax 2 after legs! That's great! Let us know what you plan for the weekend meals once you know. Enjoy the weather!

Maggie, sorry to hear about your busy few days. But I'm glad you are over most of it and also that your ankle is tolerating the workouts!

Have a wonderful weekend everybody!

Hello again!

Gayle, that is great about the math challenge! Too bad you had your days mixed up! Again, BIG CONGRATULATIONS on the half-way mark! I'll be there next week and I can't believe it! I can't believe how far all of us have come! We are unstoppable! Your menu today looked very enticing. I think it's a good idea to try and go with whole food instead of the drinks. I've been thinking about that too. :cool:

Chrissy, Awesome about being on target! That's GREAT! How was Cardio Fusion? I did that last Friday and remembered how much I love it! It takes a lot of energy! Let me know how your biceps are after Disc 18! I like the 'I'LL CARE LATER!!!' How true is that? That's a good one to say to yourself! I know we'll be enjoying legs in Meso 3! Because we love ALL leg workouts! :eek:

Kim, I think moving around your workout schedule works. You have to do what works! I just found out I'm going to have two long weekends this month so I'm going to have to figure out how to adjust my workouts. We're going to Montana one weekend (for 5 days) and Oregon another (for 5 days). So I'll be able to get in walking, etc., but will have to adjust my weight workouts so as not to get off track. It's that season now of time off! Then in July, I'll be gone for 7 days to Ohio for DH family reunions and such right in the middle of Meso 3! Ai yi yi! :p

Julie, Wine and bikinis sound like a lot of stinking fun!!! (So does the dinner you had!) Okay, and so does the pizza! So you're enjoying your recovery week? :p

Rachel, love Imax 2 (love all those Imax's!). I've decided, yes, I'll go with the 17.9! One thing I like about the Imax's is you can keep saying, I'll do one more, one more and then you're done! :eek:

Cendrine, so Sunday is 4 weeks without a single cheat. I was actually thinking about it today (cheating), but my pants are fitting so good, I don't dare! Your menu looks delicious as always. :p

Okay, DH has gone off camping overnight with a friend so it's a night of relaxing and reading. Usually the TV is on but tonight will be nice and quiet... :cool:

Talk to you all later!

Happy Friday all you 6 Monthers!!!

My mom was admitted to the hospital last night because of some heart irregularities. I have been at the hospital from 9:00 this morning until 5:00 tonight, and I'm really, really exhausted. It's amazing how tired you get from sitting in a hospital all day :(. They ran several tests, and eveything checked out OK. She has some calcifications on her aeorta, and they think that could be what caused the rapid heart beat. They did release her, so we are very happy for that!!!

I still need to get to the grocery store tonight, because I invited my parents to dinner tomorrow, and I don't have the things I need for dinner. My moms not up for cooking this weekend, and they only live a few miles from me, so it will be a nice treat for them.

I wasn't prepared to be gone all day, and as usual I was rushed this morning, so I grabbed an apple and a weight watchers bran muffin to take with me. I ended up giving the apple to my sister who stayed with me at the hospital, and I ate the muffin. I took my dad down to the cafeteria to get a sandwich, and I picked up a salad for my lunch. I was really tempted to eat something that probably wasn't the best for me, but I have been telling everybody that we are doing this challenge, so that was my incentive to stick with the salad and the muffin. Thank god it only takes tilapia 10 minutes to cook, because as soon as I got home, I popped that in the oven, cooked up some brown rice and brussel sprouts and ate that in record time (I was really hungry). I have eaten healthy all week long, with no signs of slowing down
icon14.gif
icon14.gif
. Here's a funny for you.. While I was in the elevator at the hospital today, there was an 80'ish year old man with some of his family with him, who told me I looked really pretty today! I told him "with a glint in my eye" that I thought he could be trouble, and he said he was old, not dead, and that had me laughing all day!!

I would sooooo love to do personals, but after I go grocery shopping, I still have a list of to do's before I can go to bed. Have a great evening everybody, and I'll talk much more tomorrow!!!!

Mary

Oh Mary, I'm glad you Mom is okay and sorry she (and all of you) had to spend your day this way! There is nothing worse then sitting and waiting, not knowing! Well you can pamper her tomorrow as I'm sure she'll really appreciate that! She must be relieved! That is scarey stuff!

I'm proud of you for sticking to your plan, but nobody would have faulted you if you couldn't have! :eek: Tilapia never tasted so good huh? :p

Kim- that bathing suit would be strickly for looking sexy-lol

mary- sorry about your Mom and sitting in the hospital all day. I'm glad everything worked out okay. WTG on staying clean through it.

Jo- have a nice and relaxing time tonight. My husband goes away alot for racing and its nice to be alone sometimes (of course after the kids go to bed).
It sounds like you have a lot of travel plans in the next few months. Ya know you are going get close to NJ in July ( well alot closer than 3000 miles) Maybe you should keep on going to Cathe's gym. I'll meet you there!!:p.
I'll let you know about disc 18. I am doing that tomorrow am.

Cendrine- the oatmeal is put in the blender and ground up like flour. Mix with the egg whites and cottage cheese (also blended) and cook like pancakes. It is not cooked before. Enjoy!!
I really love athleta clothes too.

Rachel- I have to get my hair colored every 4 weeks (and that is pushing it) Although it really is because I am a brunette and I color it red. But I have had grays since college. I think its because I am a stressful person.:confused:

Have a good night everyone.
chrissy

Mary! High Fives on your food choices today! I am so excited you did it! Most people would have just used a day like this as an excuse, but you are one tough cookie! Way to go! Funny story about the guy in the hospital, that made me smile!

Jo, looks like you have some challenges in terms of scheduling your workouts, being gone five days... Is there any way you can maybe do two dvds in one day like one upper body and legs, before you go on the trip and the last one when you come back and do cardio while gone? You would be double sore once but then not again until the last workout....:) Enjoy your evening!

Chrissy, thanks for the details on the pancakes, I'll let you know how they turn out! So you like Athleta too, huh? I always have to make a list of what's my absolute favorite and then second and third, because I would really like to buy about half the catalog each season!:eek:

I had a tiring day, so am signing off. step and HiLo plus abs for me tomorrow.

Oh gosh! Late post for me, sorry! The day just got away from me.

Mary, I'm so sorry about your mom and your day, but it seems it all turned out okay? What was the consensus with Mom....any idea what caused the problem in the first play. WOMAN....I'm so PROUD OF YOU! If I could give you a hug, I certainly would! You stuck to our WE CAN DO THIS mantra under such stress, I'm so proud to call you a 6 Monther!!! Great job, and I agree with Jo....pamper mom and yourself this weekend!

Cendrine, Chrissy answered your question about the oatmeal, but I wanted to add that when I make them, I just stick EVERYTHING in my food processor at once and puree. lol Nice and easy.

Jo, I love my shake in the morning for convenience and it's so YUMMY. But like we said, I want to go with whole food....it will just take a bit more prep and planning for that.

I ended up going to the grocery store tonight, at 9:15pm! LOL After the Faculty vs Student basketball game, younger DS ended up staying at a friend's house in our neighborhood. So older DS stayed home and I hit the store real quick. I really need to STAY OUT OF THE GROCERY STORE as much as possible! LOL Here's an example WHY...I went with the sole purpose of buying Tide for my laundry. We're supposed to get GORGEOUS weather for a few days and I want to hang my stuff out on the line, starting as early tomorrow as possible. I needed Tide so off I went. Then I realized I wanted cantalope to go with my egg whites, which led me to the grapefruit, then this, then that.....$85 later, I'm walking out at 10:30pm! LOL All stuff we'll eat and none of it will go to waste, but STILL! I could have waited a few more days for most of that stuff! I'm a grocery shopping addict, I tell ya! lol

OK......time for beddy-bye! G'Night. Sleep tight. Don't let the bed bugs bite!

Gayle

Jo, looks like you have some challenges in terms of scheduling your workouts, being gone five days... Is there any way you can maybe do two dvds in one day like one upper body and legs, before you go on the trip and the last one when you come back and do cardio while gone? You would be double sore once but then not again until the last workout....:) Enjoy your evening!

Yes, that's kind of what I'm thinking (I'm a tough girl!) doubling up workouts. Anyway, I'm going to print out a calendar, write it down and see what I come up with. I really don't want to get way off track!

I'm another one that like Athleta! I hadn't thought about rewarding myself after May 9th...but that is definitely a good idea! I really really need a new swim suit...so maybe I'll do that or maybe just a new spring outfit (and shoes and earrings)! :D

Have a great weekend everyone!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.