6 Monthers STS check in WEEK OF MARCH 2nd

banslug

Cathlete
Good morning. Let's try to do one post this week and see how long (or short) it gets. Sound good???

I see a few more folks joined us yesterday!!! COOL!

I decided to add an extra leg day in so this morning I did Plyo Legs disc 29 and then Core Max with the med ball and stability ball. WOW on that plyo workout! It sneaks up on ya! HRM said I burned over 420 calories....ALWAYS a good thing!

Schools are closed today....we didn't get anywhere NEAR what they were predicting. I wanted one last BIG storm before Spring...guess I won't get it!

OK! Off to shower! I'm drenched!

BBL to say HI!

Gayle

Good morning Gayle and all who follows,

Today I will do W2 disc4 I will do my workout a little later today, I am so stuffed up today!

Mary, hope you enjoyed your rest day yesterday!

Gayle, great workout this morning!

Hi and welcome to Maggie, Shoegoddess and Blessed!

Big Hallo’s to Rachel, Kim, Centerine and Gayle!

BBL to report my workout!

Have a great day and workout!

Good Morning! Schools are closed here again!! My kids now are in school til the end of june! Great ski season though! Although I blew off skiing sat and sun. Anyway I am W2 disc 4 today. Yesterday I did power 90x stretch. It was great. My hams have gotten so tight from skating and skiing this year. I am aslo going to do abs med ball. Take bath and then stretch. I am not ussually this good to myself but what the heck. My glutes are still killing me from friday.

It is so nice to have a place to get support, vent, laugh!

Good luck everyone and welcome to all those who are joining in!

julie

Julie-I just set up a DVD player in my bedroom so that I can do a stretch workout/segment before bed. I actually pulled out Stretch X to test the DVD player and am planning on doing that one tonight. From what I remember from when I did P90X, it's a great stretch workout!

We're tacking on these snow days to the end of our school year now too, although we're only into the middle of June (for now, lol).

Gayle

Joining today!!

Hi Everyone,

I had a false start with the 3.5 rotation....did the first week and then life got in the way. So I am starting all over again and doing the 6.5 month instead......I think a better choice since I am out of shape.

Lisa

Lisa, I actually did week 1 of Meso 1 and moved right to week 2. But then I realized how much more efficient STS would be for ME if I repeated each week, so starting with week 2 I am repeating weeks. WELCOME!

Gayle

Thank you!

I just finished disc 1, week 1 and yes, it will work better for me repeating the following week also. I think I will get more out of it! I am excited......so 6.5 months from today is mid-September....seems fo far off but if I can stick with it I will be very proud of myself and feel a great sense of accomplishment!
Lisa

HI Everybody!

I finished with Disc 1 Week 2 this morning. I'm an early morning gal and like to workout first thing in the a.m. I was able to lift a little heavier than last week in a lot of the moves, really challenged the muscles. Doing the tape a 2nd time around is working great. The 6 month rotation was a good decision. I struggled for awhile whether to do the 3 or 6, but feel I made the right decision. I was definitely feeling the burn doing the moves more than week one, and being prepared for the next move doesn't hurt either. I don't feel any DOMS yet, but my lats are really tight. I can't help but walk around with a big smile plastered on my face. My co-workers are a little worried about me!!

I'm so glad this forum was started. I spend a lot of my lunch hours surfing Cathe's forums, and have learned so much from them. I'm pretty good about pushing myself, but it helps me to know that others are right there with me.

I don't know if I will ever like pushups. They really leave me with a dread factor. One thing that helps is that I work out with 2 other ladies, and we challenge each other to do just a few more, and a little friendly competition doesn't hurt either. I believe I read that disc 4 has even more pushups than week 1 (GULP!).

Hope you are all having a good day, and a Great Workout. Can't wait to hear from those that are a little further along than me. Stay strong!!!!

Mary

Hi everyone! Hope you don't mind if I join ya...I am doing the 6 month rotation. I am on week 3 (first time) disc 7 tonight I am having trouble getting my workout card printed. None of my weights are showing in the target weight. I don't know what I am doing wrong
Be back after my workout!!
Tracy

Hello Everyone!
Checking in with a Rest day today.
I will start Week 1 for the second time tomorrow.

Enjoying my day off.

Just popping in again to say HI to everybody!!!

Tracy, Happy 2nd BDay to your little man today!!! Give him a hug from your Cathe friends!

Gayle

Hi ladies--

Here in my part of Oregon we don't get much snow, so I'm sort of jealous, but I'll bet if you get a lot of it, it gets old fast;).

I just did 60 min on the treadmill, walking because my ankle feels tweaky and I'm determined not to be sidelined by injuries for this rotation. Pushing myself ain't the problem, holding back my injury-prone self is.

Looking forward to disk 4 second time round tomorrow.

take care everyone!
Maggie:)

I was going to do a Cardio Fusion premix and Yoga based Abs today but I'm beat! I went back to work today after a 7 week leave of absence and had to be at work at 5 A.M. SOOO I think I'll scratch the cardio and just do abs tonight. I did cardio yesterday so I'm still on track. Tomorrow is Disc2.
Take care everyone and happy STSing:D

Just checking in after finishing Disc 5 for the second time. Feeling a good burn in my triceps. Glad to see so many people joining the checkin! Kim

Hi Everyone! I thought I might pop in now and again as I'm another 6 monther (and per invitation by Belinda on another thread)! Yesterday I started my week 1 of week 3 (Disc 7). So I'm beginning my 5th week. And today I did Imax. I have to tell you, my biceps are the sorest they've ever been on any of my workouts so I'm trying to figure out what did it. Mind you, I'm not unhappy about this as I'm trying to turn my chicken wing arms into...into...well just a touch of tone would be nice! So I'll take whatever I can get and I think this is the series that might do it! My goal is smaller butt and hopefully more arms and shoulders. I have very small shoulders and, after 4 weeks of this, I do notice a difference. My DH even noticed that there is a touch of definition in my shoulders so that speaks volumes!

Also, after 4 weeks, I find myself excited to do my workouts and I don't remember the last time I felt that way. I mean I've always loved working out, but not like what I'm feeling now. Cathe has truly inspired me on this one!

Jo :D

Hi ladies--

Here in my part of Oregon we don't get much snow, so I'm sort of jealous, but I'll bet if you get a lot of it, it gets old fast;).

Maggie:)

Maggie, where in Oregon are you from? I'm originally from Oregon.

Jo

Good Morning Everyone,

I thought I would check in before my work day started. I'm following Cathe's cardio rotation, and Low Max was on the schedule for this morning. I was really feeling sore when I woke up this morning, but the cadio seemed to really help work out the kinks. We are only into the 2nd week of Disc 1, 2 and 3 but I am really feeling the challenge and the burn.

Maggie, I'm from Michigan, and we are soooooo tired of the snow in our parts. I went shopping this past weekend and bought a few summer items with the wishful thinking that spring will soon be upon us!!!

Jo, I believe it was you who had asked in the STS forum the question that if you did not have the equipment for the pullups, was there an exercise substitute. I have the over the door resistance tubing that I use for myself, but the other ladies I work out with need an exercise to do during those segments. Did you ever get an answer?

I'm looking forward to tomorrows workout, because I really like working the tri's, especially with Cathe's new bands I purchased. The green band is a killer, and a few times I had to go down to the pink because I just couldn't get that green monster to move!!

Have a Wonderful Tuesday!!

OK, disc 8 done for this repeat week! WOO HOO!

You guys are rocking and rolling! I LOVE hearing all the excitement about your daily workouts! It's funny, because I used to love working certain areas (specifically, legs) and dreaded others (like chest or back). But each night I go to bed, I get the next day's workout ready and I'm excited for ALL OF IT! LOVE IT!

I'm hitting the gym after school/work for a bit of extra cardio. I'm planning on doing Cardio Coach V2 on the ellip. I've got DOMS in the lower half from yesterday's Plyo workout so the ellip will help stretch and loosen (that's the plan, anyway).

Time to sit down with a mug of hot green tea and my BOOK!

Gayle

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.