6 Monthers, Easter Sunday

cab0899

Cathlete
I'm up early, hiding chocolate Easter eggs;);)

Kids will do their Easter egg hunt, then we'll go to church and my mom is having an Easter lunch afterwards! I've managed to do VERY well on the eating clean challenge although I had a few bites of ds's birthday, he only turns 12 once!

The plan is for disc 15 today but I might wait till this evening to do it.
Right now there are eggs hidden in workout area, and I don't want to stop if the kids wake up!

What's everyone else up to on Easter Sunday?? Kim

HAPPY EASTER ALL YOU 6 MONTHERS!!!

Kim - I so miss the days of hiding the Easter eggs and doing the hunt! I think I always enjoyed it more than DS!! I was also up very early this morning baking chocolate chip cookies to take to my SIL's. I made blueberry muffins last night to take also, so I'm ready to put the oven on hold for awhile.

Jo- I did do the CCV5 last night (with my new running shoes that I bought earlier in the day). After 10 minutes into the program, I realized I had not done this volume yet. I think I went from 4 to 6, 7 & 8, completely bypassing 5. Not sure why, because this was challenging and a lot of fun. I was so tired after finishing, that I took a shower and went directly to bed. Overall this week has been exhausting for me, as Gayle had pointed out, probably due to upping to 70% weights. I usually try to work through the exhaustion, but today will be absolutely no workout what-so-ever!!!!!

Crystal-How is your weekend going??? I hope things are working out with your FIL!!! My hope is that you saw a new and better side to FIL & BIL this weekend!!!

All 6 Monthers-Did your kids have a fun Easter morning. Did they get to do an egg hunt today? My parents would hide our baskets early in the morning, but we had to wait until after Church to look for them :(. Chocolate and candy were a rariety for us growing up, so we were so antsy at Church because we knew goodies were waiting for us at home!!!

I have a really messy kitchen to clean up from my baking this morning. I'm going to say goodbye for awhile. Our brunch at SIL's is from 12-3, so I will CBL to see how your day is going.

HAPPY EASTER (AND REMEMBER OUR EASTER CHALLENGE, WE CAN DO IT!!!!)
icon14.gif
icon14.gif
icon14.gif
icon14.gif
icon14.gif
icon14.gif
icon14.gif

Hi everybody, and HAPPY EASTER to you and your families!!!

I was up early for my workout! LOL I should have gotten the baskets out right then and there and put them on the kitchen table, but I figured my kids would sleep in again today. I heard them earlier than expected, and younger DS came downstairs to my workout area (I was in the Extended Stretch by then) and he said he "thinks the Easter Bunny didn't come". Uh...."yes he did, but I hid the baskets so you would wait for me"! lol Just like when the Tooth Fairy forgot to come and I have to go upstairs and magically "find" the money under and behind the bed because "the Tooth Fairy must have put it here so you'd have to LOOK for it"! LOL

We did have a great morning, which started (for me) with Disc 16 Ch/Sh/Tris + extended stretch. Then the baskets, and the kids gave me the necklace they bought me, which I LOVE! They also lovingly got me a big bag of Dove Chocolate pieces (my all time FAVE) and a Cookies N Cream Monster bar (my 2nd all time Fave). Plus much more. I'm honestly NOT TEMPTED! I'm really not. WHY? I stepped on the scale today and am down 1.5# from last week's weigh-in. THAT is motivation enough! I've now hit my first weight loss goal and am working for my next (which is the next/last 10#).

I've been in the kitchen all morning. Kids wanted eggs, so DS (older) made the eggs (we made him an omlette with green pepper, onion, bacon and sausage). Then I went right to work on some dishes for the coming week. I made a low-carb meatloaf that is made with shredded cabbage instead of breadcrumbs (and I made it with 99% ff turkey breast) and I also made a batch of Chicken Noodle Soup with Rutabaga (which can be made with sweet potato instead of the rutabaga). These are for the coming week so I have them on hand to heat and eat. I'll share the recipes if you'd like them.

I have to say, that on this Easter Day, I'm thankful for so very much that I have in my life! My kids, our health, my parents and family, all my friends and that includes YOU LADIES! I've really come to enjoy our daily check in and feel as if my day isn't complete if I haven't at least checked in to say HI and read what you're all up to! Thanks for all the motivation over the last several months. YOU ALL ROCK, and WE CAN STILL DO THIS!!!!

My older sister is coming over sometime later today with my nieces (4 and 1), and later I'm going to take all the kids for a walk so my sis and DBIL can sit in the house and relax, which I know they don't get very much with their young kids.

Have an awesome day!!!!! HAPPY EASTER! I'll be back later today or tonight!

Gayle

Good Morning and Happy Easter to all of you! I'm getting ready to go do Disc 13 and feeling strong today. No little ones in my house - we are long gone from baskets and eggs. (Though we keep hard boiled eggs in the refrigerator for snacks! :D) But I do have wild bunnies! We have a couple of big fat ones that are out in the yard every day now. They showed up about three weeks ago.

Sounds like everyone is busy with family and friends today. So here's wishing you all STICK TO THE CHALLENGE :D and have a great day! When our friends come later, we'll be hitting the hilly trail after dinner.

Jo :D

Happy Easter everyone!!

I am taking the day off from working out. I am not a early riser and my kids are. My kids were up by 6:15 waiting to look for eggs and their baskets. We had a good morning. I think the Easter bunny hid the eggs too easy this year. We may need to write him a note for next year.

We went to my Aunt's house for lamb and eggs. (not a big fan). I made a quiche with egg whites and veggies and canadian bacon. It was good.

So far I am right on target with the EASTER CHALLENGE. I didn't have any of the cookies yesterday and I don't know how but I am down 1.5 lbs from friday. :eek:. So that is definitely keeping me focused and on track.

I am impressed with all you gals fitting in a workout today. Way to Go. I planned this as my day off.

I have some major DOBS in my butt, and DOMS in my hams, inner thighs and calves today. Even my low back is a litttle tight. My quads are the only place I don't feel it. It feels great-;).

I will try to check back in later. Have a happy and healthy Easter everyone! WE CAN DO THIS!!!

chrissy

Happy Easter to Everyone!! So far I have only eaten half of a chocolate bunny. I am planning on doing disc 12 today for the first time. I have revised my workout plans to include 30 mintues of cardio for 6 days a week and cut out the extra leg workout.

I went out with a few girl friends last night had a few glasses of wine and gnocchi and foccaccia bread! I normally don't eat anything made from white flour so this was a TREMENDOUS splurge. The Gnocci was in an alla vodka pomadoro sauce. Again a tremendous splurge since it is made from heavy cream with cheese. I thoroughtly enjoyed it though.

This is a mojor week for me. I have tons of tax returns to get out the door and tons of paperwork to get to my divorce lawyer. It will also be the last week of meso one for me. Initially I was thinking of skipping recovery week because I took that week off when I was sick. However now I am thinking maybe I should take it and juct commit to cardio and stretching. I would appreciate all your opinions on it. I am looking foward to trying my hooks tomorrow.

julie

Hi again! Well my company had to cancel so it's just us and I'm posting to all of you! HELLO AGAIN!

Gayle, I see we posted at the exact same time this morning! How was Disc 16? Today was 2nd time for Disc 13 for me. I feel exactly the same as you about the friendships we've developed with this check-in! I look forward to all your posts and am inspired by all of you! Congratulations on hitting your weight loss goal! YIPPEE!!! And on Easter no less! :D

Chrissy, your quiche sounds delicious! I LOVE Canadian bacon! Your have all the same DOMS I had (and loved!). Tomorrow I'm doing a cardio coach.

Julie, if I were you I would still take the recovery week. I really think it's worth it to do the week of cardio and muscle recovery before going to the next level of lifting. You want to make sure your muscles are well rested. Sounds like you had a well deserved time with your girlfriends last night! Nothing like a little girlfriend therapy (well except retail therapy)!

Talk with you all later! :D

Jo

Hi Everyone, and Happy Easter to all of you!

The kids had a blast looking for their eggs this morning and loved their baskets. I ended up trying some of their chocolates after breakfast... that was not the plan! And got a little carried away ....
I learned two things: Plan exactly what my cheat is going to be for the day, not just some 'I get to do a cheat today sometime' thing. Second, I rated the candy, and truth be told, there are only two kinds I have my mind on now. Not that I get to have them now, because my cheat is over, but I'm saving those for my next cheat and not waste any calories on the lesser ones...:)
As I was testing the chocolates I was thinking of what I was going to tell you all, because actually I really wanted my second meal of the day to be the cheat, but I decided I wanted to stick with you on the challenge, and mine was to do one cheat this easter, so I had to change plans and eat clean for meal number 2. Thanks for being here to hold me accountable! I managed to compensate going a little lighter on the second and third meal so I feel quite good now! Snapping out of chocolate bliss is usually very difficult for me, which is why I don't do chocolate a lot at all anymore....

Gayle, both your recipes sound really good, please share them! You sure are creative about the easter bunny, and the toothfairy, lol! I'm not creative, so the kids know the goodies are from us. Your kids are super sweet to get you all your most favorite stuff! Even if it's going to have to wait.... Congrats on the weight milestone! My kids are still in the stage of giving me what they would like best themselves....:)

Jo, sorry your company cancelled, after all the time you invested getting ready for them!:( I'm glad you seem to not be bothered by it. And yes, we did go on that walk yesterday, it was great and got my husband to exercise! I still can't believe that he seems to be in it for the long term now, I'm really excited!

Julie, wow, you have a busy week ahead! I hope you can whip right through all those papers! And if I were you, like Jo, I would also still take the recovery week, it's good.

I can't believe I'm starting disk 13 tomorrow!

Chrissy, I'm so excited for you on the lbs lost! THat's amazing! I can't weigh myself too often, otherwise I get obsessive, but I am wondering how my own progress is going. I hope it is like yours and Gayle's!

Kim, great job on eating clean on this birthday/easter weekend, talk about a challenge!

Mary, I really did like CCV5 too and it really worked me hard as well. I can't believe you do the CCV8, 5 was hard enough for me for now!

Bye for now!

Hi Again Everybody!!

We had a really fun time at my SIL's. There were more people there than I had expected, about 20 of us, but it was really fun seeing everybody. The great news is that I stayed with my plan and did not deviate. There was chocolate cake, cookies cheese dips, candy and cocktails (all of my favorites), but I made sure I ate plenty of filling protein before arriving. For dinner I had a small piece of quiche, fresh fruit and salad and I brought along a Weight Watchers bran muffin that I usually have on hand to take care of my bread cravings. I really feel good, no I feel EMPOWERED!!!!!

I went to bed last night with an ache in my left shoulder, and woke up this morning with the same ache. It wasn't DOM'S, it felt more like an injury ache that even lifing my arm out to the side hurt. It feels fine now, but I will be very cautious lifting tomorrow. I am really looking forward to my rest week and starting Meso 2. I want to make sure my shoulder is 100% before then.

Jo-I had to laugh about your bunnies in your yard. Toby, our mini daschund who maybe weights 12#'s, is constantly running after ours. Some of the bunnies are bigger than Toby :p. We had 5 turkey's in our yard last week, and was really cool to see them strutting their stuff. Our yard butt's up to the woods, so we get a variety of wildlife from time to time.

Cendrine-Good luck with Disc 13 tomorrow, with many DOM'S to follow. It sounds like you had a great time with the kids. It's so wonderful seeing the joy in our children's faces, it takes me back to when I was their age. WTG on sticking to your Easter plan!!! I will eventually get to the point that I can have a little chocolate without overdoing it. I haven't mastered that yet, so it's best for me to avoid the temptations all together for awhile.

Julie-A night out with the girls is always a saving grace. I always get so silly when I'm out with my girlfriends. Glad you were able to relax and take in some much needed fun!! I believe you should take the rest week, put in some cardio and extra stretching during the week. You want to make sure your muscles are throughly prepared for MESO 2, because it sounds like it's going to be tough.

Chrissy-YEAH on the 1.5# loss. Your hard work is really paying off. You are definitely being rewarded for your hard work. I looked at the Easter Challenge as though it was one of Cathe's workout challenges, with just a little less huffing and puffing!!

Gayle-LOL about the tooth fairy!! I can't tell you how many times I thought my DH was putting the money under the pillow because he works late and DS was always asleep by then, only to find out early in the morning that he thought I did. Good thing DS is a heavy sleeper and never woke up :p:p. I also look forward to reading everyone's daily updates. Wouldn't it be great if we lived closer!! You all seem to be the kind of people that I'm drawn to for friendships. Maybe some year we can all meet and share a "chocolate extravaganza" together (Of course that would be on a planned free day :eek::eek:). Congrat's also on your weight loss. 10#'s more is just a hop, skip & jump away :eek::eek::eek:.

Kim-I'm sure you had a wonderful day with your family. You probably took a 5 mile run, just for the fun of it!! Enjoy your workout tomorrow!!

Crystal-Hopefully "no news" from you is good news!! It is always exhausting going away for a weekend, and even harder getting back into the swing of things when you get home. Take Care!

HI to everybody else!!!!!!!

OK, It's nearing my bedtime and I have lots of stuff to get ready for tomorrow!!!! Enjoy your evening, workout hard and stay healthy.

Mary

I'm proud to say that except for one cookie and one tiny little easter egg I ate clean today :D:D My mom is an amazing cook/baker so a holiday feast at her house is always too yummy! This evening I did disc 15, yowza on the biceps! I found for most of the exercises the workout card was too hard and I had to lighten a bit.

DH and ds12 went for a 5mile run this evening! I'm so proud of ds he did it in 50 mins!! That's the farthest he's ever gone and it's a great pace.DH wore the weighted vest to do the 5mile run, he's a great runner, marathon training! He's very fast, and figured if ds was running with him it was going to slow him down so he used the vest. DS and I are supposed to do a 6.5 mile race together in a few weeks so I better get running more if I'm going to keep up with him!

Mary WTG on the clean eating ! Sounds like you had a nice time visiting with family. The doggie chasing bunnies is so cute! We had a small fluff ball of a dog who actually caught a rabbit while the kids were watching. I guess they all have that killer instinct. Hope your shoulder is okay!

Cendrine Good luck on disc 13 tomorrow, I really like that dvd. Good for you for getting back on track this morning!

Jo I think I might do a cardiocoach tomorrow too, which one are you going to do? That's too bad that your company had to cancel!

Julie I think you need the recovery, being sick isn't the same as a recovery week. I think you also need it for a mental break as weightlifting requires lots of concentration! Hope the week goes smoothly for you!

Chrissy Sounds like you had a nice time with family today! Good job on the clean eating!

Gayle WTG on the weight loss! What sweet kids buying you your favourite treats! Hope you had a nice time with your sister and her family!

Crystal Hope your weekend is going okay!

Waving to Maggie and anyone I forgot!

I get Easter monday as a paid holiday from work but DH and the kids have work/school! So I have the day alone tomorrow!!
icon14.gif
icon14.gif

Mary and Cendrine, it sounds like you both had really fun days! YEAH!

Cendrine, I'm proud of you for how you handled your cheat! :D But more important, I can't wait for you to start Meso 2 tomorrow!

Mary, be careful with that shoulder! I hope it's not an injury. Yes, you HAVE to be prime for Meso 2! No excuses! :D

We still had a great dinner even though no company. DH fixed a ham and we had green beans and I made a fresh fruit salad. DH also smoked a couple of salmon fillets for me for my lunches this week. I'm off to make lunches right now!

Talk to you all tomorrow if not later!

Jo

Yeah, Mary! You did it! This is your first weekend of staying clean, right?What an awesome achievement! You better feel empowered! I'm so excited for you and with you!

Boy, Kim, your Husband sure sounds like he's in great shape! 5 miles in 50 min plus a vest! Hats off! That is great motivation to get more runs in for the race for you and your son! Let us know how your training progresses!
And, again, congrats on your eating this weekend!

I was lucky that we didn't have any gatherings (all our family is out of town and state and country....) it makes it so much easier to stick with my clean eating plans!

I rounded out my last meal of the day with veggies and baked cod, and feel like it was a good day and I made the challenge too.

For this coming week, my challenge is to not touch any of the kid's candy, and believe me there is lots of it.... I just remind myself of the rating I have done today and remember that it's not worth the bite...

My son's off school this week, so we have a more relaxed though not less busy schedule. I'm going to do some baking with the kids. Since they will be most eager to lick the bowl and spoon and test the results, that should be an easy one for me to leave alone. Another week of no simple and complex carbs for me for meals 3-5. I can do it. I want to do it. I'm curious to see what the results are at the end of my experiment, and I have to stick with it so my results will actually be representative.

what are your goals for this coming week?

Kim, I just saw I missed your last post (we were minutes apart). I just wanted to comment how every time I read about your running, your DS and now DH, I wish I could run again too! That's great that everyone is into fitness and you have that to share. DS must feel great about his 50 minutes! (And gosh I can't imagine running with a vest on!)

I'm thinking I'm going to do CCV7 tomorrow but not sure. For some reason I'm extremely tired today (probably good my company canceled!). I ended up taking a NAP!

Cendrine, enjoy your week with the kids! Sounds like you'll be busy in the kitchen! Boy, you've done a great job on your eating! Cod and vegetables is a nice way to round out the day!

In finishing off...I made it through the challenge without a sugar cheat! My only cheat, if it is one, is that I had ham which is normally outside the scope of my clean eating.

Jo

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.