6 Monthers check in......Sunday 3/1/09

bayerngirl

Cathlete
Good morning ladies,

I am gonna start us off today! Gayle where are you?????????????????????? We missed you yesterday!

I am taking a very needed rest day today! Tomorrow I will start Meso 1, week 2!

Hi to everyone that follows!

Hello everyone,

I'm with you Belinda on taking a much needed break. I usually work out every day, but I am trying to follow Cathe's advise and resting my body for a day. I may take a walk with my dog this afternoon if the weather warms up a bit. The thermostat is reading 18 degrees out, so it's a little hard to get motivated this morning. I have a miniature dachshund (Toby) who rides about 4" off the ground and he doesn't care how deep the snow is, he just wants to get out there and run!! After finishing legs (Disc 3) on Friday, I am still feeling that wonderful burn. It didn't help that I did Kick Punch and Crunch yesterday for my cardio. I absolutely love this series so far. When I first got the discs, my friends and I jumped ahead and did 2 of the leg tapes (disc 3 and 6) as a preview, and I am soooo glad that I am extending the series for 6 months and will be able to do each disc twice. When I read some of the other posts that people have already finished with Meso 1, in a weird way I almost feel sad that they are 1/3 through this amazing adventure. I want this experience to last as long as possible. Tomorrow we will be on the 2nd week of week 1. I made notes last week of what weights to increase or decrease so I am really looking forward to a very challenging week.

Enjoy the rest of the weekend, and have a great workout on Monday!!

Mary

Hi Guys,

I'm ready to do week 2 for the second time around starting Monday. I have made notes about what weights to increase or decrease as well so this week should be smooth sailing. But boy am I sore from the band leg work in the bonus leg workout! Not as bad as I was after doing legs 1 for the first time, but I did it friday and it's sunday now and I'm still feeling it.... :)

I will take an active recovery walk with my kids this afternoon, but other than that I'm taking the day off.

Have a great week!

Just finished MIC and ab circuits (pilates based abs). MIC always gets me! What a workout:confused::confused: Doing week 2B, have some doms from disc 4 yesterday. It does seem strange that some people are already finished Meso 1. Have a great day off for those that take Sunday as a rest day! Kim

Can I suggest if we're a small group that we just start a new check in each week insteady of daily? Maybe every Sunday??

OOOOPS! lol I completely forgot about checking in. Weekends are nice and quiet around here and although I got on the forums, I ditched you all yesterday! lol Just kidding, of course, I didn't DITCH you.....just FORGOT about you! Doesn't that make you feel SOOOOOOOOOOOOOO much better? :p

Seriously, sorry about being MIA yesterday.

Yesterday was my rest day. My older DS and I went to play racquetball for a full hour! YIKES! Talk about intervals, lol. Lots of quick reaction movements and at times my heart was pumpin'.......so was his, and he left all sweaty and tired! LOL See? Mom can still kick his butt! (he's only 11, mind you, but a great athlete and VERy competitive!).

So that means that today started a fresh STS week for me. I did disc 7, repeating W3 this week. LOVED IT and really got an AWESOME workout in. I've got some DOMS....lats and shoulders from Friday's KB cardio, but that didn't stop me.

Belinda, thanks for the reminder to come here! :)

Mary, like you, I have that feeling when I read about others being done with Meso 1 already. I want to savor every second of this the first time thru a rotation (kind of like I savor a mini Reese's peanut butter cup in my mouth till it just dissolves all on its own! YIKES....get THAT thought out of my head, please! LOL). My other thought, too, is that I know a lot of folks do this rotation or that rotation, or another instructor, and my thought is that I wonder WHEN they'll pick STS back up again after the first time thru. Does that make sense???

Kim, I didn't notice how big or small our group is, so let's keep an eye on it and see how it goes THIS week.

OK.......time to clean up the house a bit before we head out to watch a play-off basketball game.

Gayle

I am a little farther ahead and am starting week 3 this week but I love the 6 month rotation. I also do not want it to end.I am loving that there is a surprise waiting for me on my weight training days.
I love having a new workout on the first week and then being able to really challenge myself the second week. :D
It makes me happy!
Rachel

Hi ladies!

I'm thrilled to know that there is a 6 month STS check-in. Sunday is my rest day, but tomorrow I'll be starting disks 4-6 for the second time round. I love getting to do each workout twice.

take care

Maggie:)

I hope it's OK if I join. I started the 6 month rotation today. I am so jazzed about this system:D Today I went a little overboard tho. I did Disc 1, the leg blasts from LowMax and when DH went out to clean the pool I did the Timesaver Cardio premix from BM2. I had a protein shake after all that:) I did skip the chest work. I never do chest work. Fake boobs :eek::eek: Tomorrow I plan on a Cardio Fusion premix and yoga abs from Abs Circuit. I ordered the Cathe vest from Walmart.com yesterday and I got the glider discs last week so I'm pretty close to set on equipment. I plan on adding an extra leg day. I was thinking of LM blast for that but others said they're adding plyo legs so I may try that. I only want to lose about 4 pounds but I really want to gain strength, major definition and get a smaller cute butt!!!

Hello Ladies!!
I hope is ok if I jump in also..
Maggie.. great to see you!!!

I will start week 1 the second time on tuesday.. today was drill max scrambled cardio blast as cathe suggested.. will you do your own cardio on week 2??? I was thinking on doing so and adding a cardio leg in the middle of the two upper bodies (plyo legs as some other are doing!)

Im exited to be part of this check in... This migth help us all to reach the 6 month mark!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.