6 month alumni Week of Feb 21

FourAM

Cathlete
Hey just a quick note to get us started and get us on the boards!

Today I have lots of cooking and cleaning. I am going to do a version of Jo's chicken sausage dish but I am going to just use chicken. I am going to boil it with some mexican seasonings and carrots onions and celery ...then when that is done I am going to strain the water and make some brown rice with it for the mix to go on top of...I think it will be good.

But I better get to it...I will be back later!

Have a great day!

Rachel

Rachel, cooking your rice in your stew broth sounds sooo yummy! I hope it turns out great!
I made the deep dish pizza last night and everyone loved it! The CE recipe for pizza dough is good, the dough was very nice. I ended up making two pizzas because the dough makes two crusts, however, I don't have any 14 inch pizza pans so I did my pizzas in spring forms which are a bit smaller and so the toppings could not be spread out quite as much. So it was a deep, deep dish pizza...LOL! I must have used big veggies for the topping, because the topping meant for one pizza easily covered two pizzas.

The Moroccan Buffalo Stew is good too, I made it in the crockpot yesterday so it would be ready today, it smelled good all day!

Jo, I am going to make Chocolate almonds in the dehydrator today. Soak 2 cups of raw almonds overnight, then drain them.
then mix them in 1 Tbsp of coconut oil 2 Tbsp date syrup (I don't have that so I'm just going to use agave nectar) 1 Tbsp raw chocolate powder and 1/4 tsp seasalt.

Then dehydrate for 14-18hr.

Gotta run, because we are also going to go to Disneyland today...

Have fun at Disneyland Cendrine!!

Yesterday I took my mom to see the 2 showhomes that we like. She had some good observations but liked both plans so didn't help me make a decision, LOL. We're meeting with the second builder this afternoon so will have all the information we need to make a decision after that.

DS got his first shutout in 3.5 years yesterday! A shutout is when a goalie doesn't let any goals in. He has played goal for 5 years and had 2 shutouts early in his career but hadn't had one in 3.5 years so he was pretty excited!!!! This evening we will be busy watching the Canada vs USA hockey game (as will most of Canada:cool:).

My triceps are still so sore from disc 19!! That double wave loading really is hard! I have disc 20 to do today, I'm really starting to dread these trisets!

I'm went you on the heavy bag bonus Rachael! I find that adding that to the workout makes for a tough workout! The cardio this week has been hard! Yesterday was MMA Fusion and Circuit Blast cardio only!

Rachael Did you get your door in?? How's the neck today?

Jo Enjoy that spring weather! It's been a bit spring like around here too!

Cendrine It will take a few weeks to a few months to get my thyroid regulated. The dr upped the prescription a little and then I go back in May for blood work to see what the levels are to see if the prescription needs to be stronger.

Hi Girls! Disc 17 today and my legs are CEMENT! :eek: But I'm making the most of it! Love those trisets! I can tell I'm going to have to subscribe to the Clean Eating magazine! You girls have my interest peaked!

GF and I had SO much fun yesterday! I was like a girl in grade school! She's wants to get back into shape (she's not that much out of shape) but doesn't want to go to a gym any more. So...we spent a couple of hours looking at my videos. She doesn't have any equipment at home so not ready for Cathe but I found others for her to try. Anyway, after that we walked about 4 miles on our hilly trail, then came back and did Stretch Max. Then we made juice and I got her playing with my WII Fitness, then we had dinner and she went home! So she was here all day and I loved every minute of it!!!

Rachel, how did your chicken dish turn out? It sounds delicous! So tonight I'm cooking a variation of my lentil/barley soup only I'm using a tomato base, jalapeno pepper flakes and spinach! It's cooking right now.

Cendrine, oh my gosh! Chocolate almonds?? Let me know how those turn out! I'll definitely want to try those! The Stew sounds good too!

Kim, oh my oh my you are going to be busy with this house stuff! Yeah for DS and the shut out! He must be stoked!

Okay, got to go check on my soup. More Olympics tonight...BBL!

Okay, I just went and subscribed to Clean Eating...

While I was subscribing I saw the US just beat Canada in hockey! Wow! Kim, hope the game was enjoyable but sorry! :confused:

I forgot to tell you guys I went bra shopping today - one of those things I hate doing and wait until I desperately need new lingerie to do. The good news: I went to Nordstrom and got fitted properly and think I just bought the best fitting bras I've ever owned (and they're cute too!)! I'm so very happy at this moment!

My barley/lentil soup turned out awesome!

Back to the Olympics....

Kim, I'm glad you explained what a shutout is...LOL! I would have had no clue :eek::D Yay for your son!
I can't wait to hear what you decide house wise! So much to consider!

Jo, it sounds like you had your friend active all the while she was with you, how great! I only have a couple of friends who would go walking with me but none of them would do stretches and juices and then more active stuff even if it is Wii... How fun!

D-land was fun. A friend of ours came a long much do dh's relief, he has pulled a few long nights viewing online shows (scifi) that he kind of got hooked to and so he was glad to sit out the crazier rides with dd while our friend, ds and I went and did some bigger kid rides. I haven't gotten to do some of the bigger kid ones because I'm usually the one sitting out with dd, so it as kind of fun for me too... LOL!

Our passes are expiring mid March, so we are going to try to sneak a couple more visits in to make the most of it. We'll try the fireworks again and see if we can figure out for sure when they start this time.

Well, another busy school week ahead, but I got at least two nights already cooked for and got my workouts selected for the week, so I think I'm set.

Off to read some more...:p

Good morning yall!

This morning it is going to be 40/20 and I am stalling just a little bit longer. I am still trying to get my brain to wake up. I think I have even backspaced five times in just these few few short lines. haha

DH and I got so much accomplished yesterday. Me in the kitchen and outside helping him. There are so many steps I did not think about with the building of a mudroom and they all take so long but I am still patient and everyday that we make progress is a good one. It is going to be a lot of hrs at work this week so I might miss a few days this week or my post might be short but I will be in as much as possible...

Kim-I too am glad you explained what you meant by shut out! I know a little about all the major sports but must admit I really know the least about hockey. Of course I know the most about American football because that is what played in our house when I was growing up!
I too noticed that the cardio was stepping it up this month. Do you know how long the fusion with the cardio blast lasted? Since I am limited on time I might need to get up earlier:eek: The door made it and it is beautiful but we can not put it up yet as we are not to that point yet.

Jo-I had to laugh at the bra excitement...I do not have that much to worry about in the bra department. I barely need one..haha The more I workout the less I need one. But I do like the ones I do get to be pretty and functional so I know what you mean. It sound like the visit with your gf was so much fun. I would love if I had a gf that would want to do something fun and active too!
I have to admit, I have not tried barley but have wanted to. I would have to go to a different grocery store to find it though. Sad , huh?

Cendrine-Disney on the spur of the moment just blows my mind. How great that yall can do that. I bet your kids are going to be sad to see those passes go. I am not one for rides too much. I guess I am a big ole scaredy cat! lol
I never would have thought of using the spring form pan for the deep dish pizza. That is a great idea. It would also make it possible to make two different pizza so that dh could have one more like he would like it. You know without all the yummy veges. That is such a great idea. I am also always looking for a good pizza dough that is whole wheat.

Well I guess I have stalled enough!
I am off to get my butt kicked:D:p:eek:

Have a great day!

Rachel

Wow where is everybody today!

And I thought I wasn't going to make it back! Well I did get my butt kicked this morning and you will never guess what is on tap for tomorrow...SNOW! Yes it was 72 on Sunday and now tomorrow they are predicting up to 4 inches. What is up with this crazy weather?

Well I hope all is well with everyone!

See yall tomorrow!

Rachel

Hi Everyone! Oh my goodness, I haven't had a minute to spare today! :eek: So I got up late and got MMA Boxing done - then was going to do the Bag Bonus as Rachel had described earlier but didn't have the extra time BUT of course I had the energy today! Oh well.

Anyway SNOW Rachel??? Holy Moly! Are you kidding me? And we're having another 60 degree day here! It's unbelievable! Wow sounds like you really had a highly productive day yesterday! Oh that feels good doesn't it? Oh and I was going to tell you...I just buy the packaged barley at the regular grocery store. It's where they have all the dried beans. At my Albertsons they only come in 1 lb bags. Some grocery stores have them in bulk but I don't use it that often so generally just pick up a couple of little bags. At my store they are right next to the pinto beans and the lentils! :D

Cendrine, I am lucky I have a couple of GF's who will walk but like your area down there, we're all really spread out so it's not very convenient to get together often. I'm excited though that she wants to get started on DVD's. Now there isn't ANYONE here I know that does videos so the thought of doing those together really excites me! (Or sharing at least!) Glad you had a good time at Disney!! I would love to go again! Yes, get in there and use those passes and tell us everything about those rides! Any new great rides?

Hello Kim!

Later!

Okay, we have a made a decision after talking for hours yesterday. We are going to put in an offer tomorrow on the Randall home, the last plan that I posted. Part of the decision was they own the only currently available lot adjacent to the park. Still lots of hoops to go through as there was another family interested in that lot, then lawyers, banks etc so nothing for sure yet.

Just finished MMA Kickboxing and the heavy bag bonus. DD joined me for awhile, kickboxing in her fashion boots:D Yesterday she did all of disc 20 with me and today she's complaining that her arms are sore (from the leg workout:rolleyes:) I guess from holding the weights.

Jo Glad you had such a good time with your girlfriend! It sounds like you have lots of similar interests. Oh yes, we lost the hockey game, the first time in 15 years that Canada lost to the USA in the Olympics! It was the most watched television event in Canadian history. We're not out of it yet!

Cendrine That's great that you got to go on some of the bigger rides! Do they have Splash Mountain in Disneyland? It's my favourite Disney World ride. You sound all organized for the week! Have you started the juggling classes?

Rachael SNOW!!! Again is that a record for Texas?? The Cirucit Blast cardio only is 23 minutes long. I don't blame you for stalling on the 40/20, that's a hard workout!

Kim, I was thinking about why your dd be sore from the legworkout in her arms, before I read the end of your sentence....LOL! I'm so impressed she does the workouts with you! And in her fashionable boots no less;) Good luck on the loops to go through for the lot you want!
We do have Splash mountain here, but I have never been on it yet. And I won't until it get's really hot around here, because once I get wet, I get cold and stay cold for the longest time unless it's really hot out....

Jo,what video workouts did you get your friend to try? I hope she likes them!

The ride I went on yesterday that I couldn't have done with dd is the California Adventure ride called Screaming California. It actually looks a lot worse than it is, and the part that I thought was going to be the worst because dh commented on it, wasn't the worst part. The building up of the anticipation was way worse...LOL!

Rachel, bundle up so you don't get cold tomorrow! I can't believe you got more snow coming your way!

Oh, and Jo, the chocolate almonds are done. I had to put them on the tray without the teflex sheets, they didn't dry on the other side. The chocolate flavor is very subtle, I'm not sure if I can tweak it by adding more powder next time. We'll have to see.

Did the black bean chips work out for you? What did you end up using for liquid?

Kim, I just wanted to tell you that we're as stunned as you probably are that the US won! But the way I understand it, Canada would have to win 4 more and the US 3 more to make it to the podium. Well, it's making for an interesting Olympics! I'm looking forward tonight to watching figure skating.

Cendrine, I loaned GF a variety of workouts that don't require equipment and also to help her figure out what she might like. So included in the packet of goodies was a couple of Evolution floor aerobics, a TaeBo Circuit (one that's more intermediate), some Crunch yogas, Janis Saffell Pilates and I also had the Kathy Smith Project You. I showed her some of my Cathes but all these are good starter workouts. She is coordinated so can pick up the Evolution coreography. Then after she left, I was thinking I should have given her some of the CIA's I have with Kimberly Spreen. She would probably love those. And I showed her Cathe's Shock Cardio but she doesn't want any impact (she has back issues). I told her to just see if any type of workout clicks with her then I'll give her some others.

Oh, I also forgot to tell you, my girl at work hit 74 lbs Friday! Friday was a goal day and measure day. So she's down 74 lbs and 75.2 inches! Isn't that incredible! I'm so proud of her!

Oh and Kim - CONGRATS on the decision! Hope that works out for you! Being adjacent to the park would be great! I'll keep my fingers crossed for you! Can you believe it? Boy things have really progressed quickly! I can't wait to hear how things go from here! :eek::cool: Now I forget what you said, will the kids have to change schools?

Good morning yall!

Woo...what a tough workout. Was it double wave loading...? Oh I can't remember. I must be having a short term memory loss day...Great! haha Oh well , I know it was hard and that is all that counts right! We are patiently waiting to see some more snow. The funny part is that they are expecting more to the south of us, where we will be working, than right here where I am at. So weird.

Kim-Oh I hope you get the lot you want! I will be sending you good hooping vibes. Dd must have been super cute in her fashion boots doing the leg workout. I bet she is really fit with all the workouts she does with you!
I am not sure on the record , they are not mentioning anything about it. We will have to wait and see how much snow actually falls.

Jo-That is an amazing feat that you gal at work has done. I bet it feels good to have helped someone do that.
I was wondering how dh was doing? Has he gotten used to using one arm?

Cendrine-I hate the anticipation part. I think that is why I do not like rides. If they would just start out full blast maybe I could handle it...probably not! haha I forgot to ask how the morrocan stew turned out?

Ok I better be off. It is time to go play in the snow!

Have a great day!

Rachel

Jo, awesome results for your girl at work! She must be so thrilled!
I love figure skating, it's amazing what skill it takes to look so graceful on the ice!

Rachel, enjoy the snow! Dh loves the moroccan stew, and the kids like it too. I'm not sure about myself...LOL! I guess it's ok, but it doesn't hit me as one I'll be doing a lot. I kind of prefer regular chili. I might try buffalo meat in the regular chili next time. Can't tell much of a difference in the meat flavor.

I don't have much to report on, just regular routine day here. I'll talk to you all later.

Hi Kim!

Hello Ladies!
Disc 18 today! I was having another "great energy" workout day! Today completes week 2 so I (and Kim & Rachel already are) half-way! Yippee! Can you believe it? :p

I don't have much to report either. I'm staying up way too late watching the Olympics! I'lll be glad when this is over so I can be in bed before 12:30! I just love watching the athletes and hearing some of their stories! It's so inspiring!

Good job on your workout Rachel! Cendrine, how's your back doing today? Hello Kim!

I'll check back tonight. Oh forgot to mention, DH is coming along pretty good. Some days he's in more pain than others but he's doing his exercises and going to therapy. He can only sleep a few hours in bed then heads to the couch as he's too uncomfortable and he gets more support from the back of the couch. So probably the worst thing is he hasn't had a decent night sleep!

That's funny, hankering is always in the same sentence with food in my sentences...LOL! You gonna do it?

Back's so so, I played with the kids on the floor a lot today and that was not good, as my back is telling me now, but hopefully just temporary. I'm still going to the Chiropractor once a week, but after therapy I feel as good as new, it used to be just better, but now it actually feels great, not just better, so I take that as progress!

Glad dh is going ok with his recovers, Jo, I hope he gets to sleep through the night soon! That will help in itself to get him to recover!

Haha...Don't freak Kim, it is going to be ok!

Just a quick check in. It sounds like the week is moving along for everyone. We got snow but none stuck so we are good to go!

Fusion and circuit blast! Woo what a workout!

Got to go!

Have a great day!

Rachel

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.