5FT. 3 and Under Checkin 4/24

Roxie 1965

Cathlete
This is for us height challenged people. I am 43 5ft wt 126lbs as of this am. I have been married almost 26 years and have 2 DDs one is almost 24 the other is 21, I also have a son in law. I discovered Cathe 1.5 years ago right before DDs wedding. Currently I am doing Chalean Extreme this is my first month. So tonite is Burn Circuit 3 then some yoga. Please join me on this new checkin, if you understand the pain.

I'm a shortie also standing at 5'2"

Its funny how just a 5# weight increase shows up :confused:

Anyways I'm also doing Chalean Extreme -into my 4th week of the Push phase. I'm really enjoying CLX esp the shorter time frame.

I'm off to do an iTread now .

Have a great day :)

picture.php

I'm vertically challenged as well. Runs in my family. New rule is to marry a tall man! I am 34, 5'2", weigh between 108 and 110. I danced (ballet mostly) for over 20 years. It's hard finding advanced classes for adults though so I turned to the gym (dreadmill) for exercise. My sister turned me on to Cathe about 2 years ago. I've been religiously doing her cardio and weight DVDs since. I started STS 5 wks ago. Married, no kids, 2 crazy cocker spaniels.

Looking forward to meeting other shorties! LOL

Heather

Welcome Vilma and Heather.

Heather-my DH is 6ft. so I married a tall man.

I sometimes don't mind being short but then I need to go clothes shopping and I absolutely hate being short, and just the slightest wt gain shows.

My husband is 6'2". My sister's husband is just under 6' so she thought (key word) her kids had a chance at some height. So far, not looking that way. Apparently the short gene is very strong. I typically don't even realize how much shorter I am until I see myself in pictures next to people OR like you said, trying to find clothes. Everyone assumes that since I am thin that it's soooo easy for me to find clothes. I swear, tell me how many people are a size 0 and are 6 feet tall? Because that's how long the pants are. LOL. It's also true that the teensiest weight gain shows up. 5 lbs on a short person is 10 on a tall person.

Welcome Vilma and Heather.

Heather-my DH is 6ft. so I married a tall man.

I sometimes don't mind being short but then I need to go clothes shopping and I absolutely hate being short, and just the slightest wt gain shows.

Hi

I'm 5'2" and I weigh a lot. I am working on losing 50 pounds. I am not married. I have no kids. I do have one cat, a garden, a piano and a fiddle. I know what I need to do to lose weight. I just seem so tired at the end of the day when that needs to get done. I need to push myself just a little more. I always get pants hemmed. I've been shopping in plus size stores for 15 years and now that I'm down to 12/14s I am shopping in the normal sizes. I thought that when I was slimmer things would be easier, guess again :rolleyes: Shopping is just as tough now as it was before. Oh well :p

I have tried the heavy weights and less cardio rotations but it just doesn't work for my body. Eating really clean and watching my insulin/carb load really helps. Also, plenty of running plus yoga helps out a lot.

I think cardio and diet are HUGE. I think they're the most difficult part of the equation too. Or at least the diet for me. Having danced most of my life, I am very used to doing some sort of activity 6 days a week. For me it's just routine, what I do. Diet, love me some cheetos and pizza. I do think building the lean muscle mass is important as well. You look more toned and fit in my opinion (rather than just thinner). Also, lean muscle helps burn more calories. Are you doing the STS rotation?

I'm 5'2" and I weigh a lot. I am working on losing 50 pounds. I am not married. I have no kids. I do have one cat, a garden, a piano and a fiddle. I know what I need to do to lose weight. I just seem so tired at the end of the day when that needs to get done. I need to push myself just a little more. I always get pants hemmed. I've been shopping in plus size stores for 15 years and now that I'm down to 12/14s I am shopping in the normal sizes. I thought that when I was slimmer things would be easier, guess again :rolleyes: Shopping is just as tough now as it was before. Oh well :p

I have tried the heavy weights and less cardio rotations but it just doesn't work for my body. Eating really clean and watching my insulin/carb load really helps. Also, plenty of running plus yoga helps out a lot.

Hello,

My name is Lourdes I'm 5ft tall a weigh 103, have been maried for 20 years and have 5 boys ages of 14, 11, 9, 9, and 4 and trying for #6. I also have the hardest time shopping for clothes my husband and kids don't understand when I go shopping for 4 hours and come home with nothing and tearful. For me I think winter is the hardest I could never find pants that fit or jeans that I like so many choices to overwhelming, I litterally go all winter wearing capri shorts to soccer games and carrry my socks and blanky with me, I leave in Arizona so its not to bad. I have been working out for about 14+ years and I'm a cardio freak, I love, love, love, cardio I try to reduce my cardio during the winter and only doing one body per week but it just was not working for me I was looking to bulky and stocky, so now I'm back to doing cardio everyday and doing whole body workouts between 2-3 times a week.

Lourdes

Welcome everyone to this new checkin. It's nice to know that we have people we can talk to about our specific challenges. The last time I went pants shopping I ended up hating the fact that I was short. My dds are about average height so they just laugh at me. I work with tall people that are constantly reminding me that I am short. I think I respond to cardio better but I try to keep everything balanced.

Hi everyone! I'm 48 and 4'9" and currently hanging just under 100 lbs and aiming to get back to 92'. All those extra pounds are sitting between my navel and my mid-thighs. :rolleyes: I've been married for almost 13 years and have two boys 7 and 10. That whole marry a tall guy thing doesn't really work well. DH is 5'11" and so far both the boys are taking after my family size wise. The 10 year old is just under 60 lbs and the 7 year old just passed 40 lbs.

I'm doing the 6 1/2 month version of STS and I just finished my second week in MESO 2 (i.e. my repeat week of the first 3 workouts) Right now I'm down to 1 pair of jeans without holes in the knees, but I have two nice pairs just waiting for my thighs/hips to each ditch about an inch so I can wear them again. I generally buy girls clothes, because they are the right length for me. Gave up hemming a couple decades ago. :D

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.