50 and over weeks of April 18 & 25 check-in

JoanC

Cathlete
Good morning,

I thought I would start us out early. I ended up with no official wo on Saturday, but probably burned more calories with housemax and yardmax.
Sunday afternoon I will try to get all my planting done. Then Sunday evening and Monday I will decided what to pack . We leave Tuesday and then are back on April 28th late.

Magnolia I know what you mean about the meal they are providing. I don't always want to cook but few restaurants have anything I can eat while eating correctly. It seems like when you are really trying to eat "perfectly" there are temptations and they might not even taste that good. I'm beginning to think I'm the saboteur of all of our holiday meals. The whole family comes to my house and I fix what we have always traditionally had for that holiday. While I love that food I should at least provide a healthier alternative. Or better yet only the healthy alternative.

Cathy I sure wish they would find a way to get rid of your health problems. I don't know how you get that many difficult wo in during the week.

Joan

HI all! Another day on the treadmill for me. I walk/jogged for 45 mins.
Out to do some shopping!

Have a great day!

Hello!!

Having a hard time getting motivated- but I did my spinning bike today for 55 minutes- Hope to do some ab work before day is done!!!

Magnolia- your food description sounds familiar- where everything is a casserole and while good--- it isn't on the eating plan---and, you have to either not eat at all or pick around things..

Joan, where is your trip? Are you excited?

Cathy- hope you are feeling better!!

Jann-is your planting done yet? We are further south than you ,but dh and I still haven't had a chance to get flowers in

i posted on last weeks thread about the pain in my head. it seems to be from an old riding injury years ago in my neck. the pain was in the right side of my forehead and down the side of my head into my neck where i got bucked off years ago. anyway, it throbbed for 3 days, til my dr. sent me some celebrex and it has calmed down some. but, the vet i work for and my ex-sil, who is a nurse, told me to get an MRI. my sil told me that quite a long time ago. then, i talked to my vet's wife that was having alot of shoulder and arm pain. she went to an orthopedic surgeon and he helped her w/physical therapy. so, guess i'm gonna have to go see someone. kim and my vet both said something about a compression something or other.
today i did 30m of upper body, some heavy, some lite. i hope i don't have to stop lifting weights.

Good Morning 50's! I had acupuncture on Saturday OMgosh!!!:D It helped me so much getting my mind and body working together again. It doesn't hurt that my acupuncturist has a PHD in psychology. ;) We talked and she really help put things in perspective. It's amazing how much I can read it until someone says it then I hear it. I guess that made since. :rolleyes:

My eating feels under control again and I just finished tlt/Jen :D (my go to start up workout)

Beth I have not planted anything yet. I like to wait until May to plant annuals. We actually had a frost last night - :confused: I bought some pansies yesterday I may put them in they can take the colder nights.

Cathy I hope you feel better.

Good morning,

Jann- That's fantastic! I'm glad it worked.

I planted tomato plants, beans, petunia's etc. yesterday. Our usual last frost is April 15-16. The weather has been in the 70's and 80's for the last three weeks so gound is warm. It's supposed to be in low 70's this week. My wo yesterday was the planting. I am so stiff today.

Beth Yes I am excited- I need the rest. We are staying first at the Tropicana. They have wanted to tear it down but the way it was built they couldn't implode it. They would have to take it down piece by piece. They must have a new owner because they have started to remodel it. Rooms are done or it least mine is.:D Pool area will not reopen until June. They better not have changed it much because it was beautiful. I think we will be staying at Paris after that.

Magnolia How did eating go?

Cathy I wonder if you should stop lifting until you get the MRI.

Joan

Good morning, Y'All!

Cathy, I am with Joan, I think you might want to consider not lifting until you at least have the MRI. If I were having troubles like that, I would go to the doctor. It is better to leave the weights off for a little while and allow yourself to heal properly than to hurt yourself so badly that you have to give them up for a long while. Please take care of yourself.

Jann, I am so glad the acupuncture worked for you. Sounds like what the brain doctor would have told you. I'm glad to see that you can workout again.

Joan, since DH and I are in on this together, we just sneaked out and went to a little diner that is just around the corner from the church. There we could get Greek salads with olive oil (totally on the diet). Sometimes it pays to be sneaky. BTW, hope you have a super time on your vacation and a safe trip, it sounds wonderful. Never been to Vegas, but would love to see it.

Well, I weighed this morning, and I have lost 4 lbs. this first week of the diet. :D ! It did pay to be sneaky on Saturday. I did Low Impact Step today and the stability ball workout that's on High Step Circuit.

Hi, Beth and Linda -- hope you are well.

I need to go to the grocery store this morning, so I need to get going. Have a great day, everyone.

Magnolia

Good evening all,

I won't be able to check in until late Wednesday the 28th or maybe not until the next day. I am taking the gwf and a pedometer

Magnolia, great thinking. I know I want at least the 1st two weeks of the diet to be exact.

Joan

Good Morning, Y'All!

I hope everyone is well and enjoying this day.

I did The Firm Volume 6 (Boomers) this morning. Actually, I made it through this a little better than I thought I would. I did have to take some "air breaks" during the step up portions, but they were all short ones. It turned this workout into a sort of interval one. Slowly but surely getting there. Anyway, I really enjoy the Classic Firms. It's like getting together with old friends.

Have a great day, everyone.

Magnolia

Magnolia I agree 100% when I pick up one of old Firms... it is like working out with old friends! :D

Joan Enjoy Vegas -- hope you are as lucky as last year $$$$$$$$

Treadmill this morning followed by an old firm upper body. :D

Good morning, Y'All.

I hope you are all well. I am really pooped! I was thoroughly wiped out yesterday afternoon, and this morning I slept almost an hour longer than I usually do. I probably pushed a little too hard yesterday, among other things, and maybe I challenged myself a little more than I was ready for. I think I am going to take a rest day today, and I'll get back to it tomorrow.

I hope you all have a great day today.

Magnolia

Good morning everyone,

I did do MMA: kickbox last Saturday, rested for 2 days, and yesterday did STS Disc 28. Today I did Hiit Double Wave Pyramid (didn't like it) and Ab circuit Weights only. I feel very sluggish today and have been in a emotional funk since the weekend. My bil has been moody and is making my stay at the house while taking care of Mom very uncomfortable. I certainly understand how he may be feeling....just not sure what to do about it without it causing a family conflict. I want everyone to be happy.

Because my schedule is so out of whack with visits to mom & dad my diet has suffered. Today I started nutristyem because I need the structure and it will be easy to take it down to Maryland when I take care of Mom because no refrigeration is required.

Hope you all have a great day.

HI Taking a rest day myself today. It's cold and rainy. I have a book I must finish by Saturday because I promised to loan it to a friend I am meeting for lunch. :) Sounds good in my head. :D

Have a good one!

Linda how's the nutrisystem food taste?

Magnolia listen to your body -- it knows best! ;)

Good Morning, Y'All.

Just finished FitPrime Pump. I had forgotten how good for my arthritic shoulder this one is. It really helps mobility in there. Good workout. It's funny how I had taken these workouts for granted, and now I am finding out how tough they really are!

I hope everyone is having a great day.

Magnolia

Hi everyone,

I did STS Disc 30 this morning. I later had a nice walk with my yorkie....the weather was warmer today and it felt good to feel the sun.

Jann - The nutrisystem food is okay. I like Jenny Craig food better because it comes frozen, but is much more expensive...almost twice as much as nutrisystem. But because I really can't take a bunch of frozen food down to MD because of the lack of freezer space at my sister's, nutrisystem was the obvious choice. I was hungry yesterday but I really think I was missing my afternoon comfort foods. Today I felt a little better so I'm starting to get use to not eating junk.

Magnolia - I enjoy the FitPrime workouts....and yes they can be tough.

Hope you all have a good evening.

Thanks Linda. I have often thought about doing nutrisystem. Do you select the food you want or do they just send something?

Magnolia Love FitPrime!

Yesterday I walked on the treadmill then headed outside for 5 hours of yard work. My back, hips and mostly fingers/hands are soooo stiff. :D:D:D I still have to pull grass(why does it grown where I don't want it:rolleyes:), edge out more beds, put down mulch, cut back dead stuff, and plant when it's time. :D:D:D:D Love the outdoors!

Good morning, Y'All.

Well, I just finished Basic Step followed by the stability ball abs workout on the same DVD. I needed something short, and it does get my heart rate up. Anyway, it is a good solid workout. The last time I lost a significant amount of weight, this was my go-to cardio workout. Just hoping to get beyond this and into some of the more challenging Cathe workouts.

It's a beautiful day here today, and I'm going to try to get outside.

I hope everyone has a great day.

Magnolia

Good morning,

I did Cardio Core Circuit this morning. I was able to burn a decent amount of calories even though I had to modify most movements.

Jann - If you haven't tried nutrisystem, the company automatically sends you a month of food based on favorite foods ordered by customers (if you sign up for auto delivery you also get a free month of food and no shipping cost). Since I already know what I like and dislike, I selected the foods I wanted. They have a new online tool that also lets you record your food with the calorie count and I'm finding that helpful.....so I'm eating about 1400 calories a day. You incorporate all your fruits, veggies, and dairy with the nutrisystem meals. I'm getting back to eating my fruits and vegetables and getting away from eating junk. I'll probably lose about 1 lb a month...that's just the way it is for me...it's so hard for me to get rid of the weight.

It's a beautiful day....I'll be taking my yorkie out for a long walk. I just love my little walking buddy.

HEY ya'll. sorry to be awol.
jan, is that UB w/out hard? i don't know if i've ever done it. it is on the dvd i have w/ standing legs, and i avoid SL like the plague.:) how long is it and is it just the vol. 1-6?
i kinda am not with you, magnolia. i don't care for v.1-6 very much. but, starting w/BSS 1 i love all those, and i like some of the new ones. just depends. today i did rebekah's cardio core fusion. and, i love it. it is a hard w/out and tons of standing core. i dislike floor work a whole lot!! so, i love any standing leg or abs. well, not really i DO NOT love standing legs. LOL! but, i'd rather do legs up than on the floor. i have actually managed to keep up w/the 6 days on/ 1 day off. thougth i would crash , but i haven't yet. although, we have a big family thing here on sunday and there will be no workout for sure. so, think i will double up saturday. does that count?

thank ya'll for your concern. i have felt so much better the last few days. i do need to call my dr. actually , think i'll do it right now. ok, am i over 50 or something? i just walked into the kitchen for my phone and it is in my pocket.:)

well, ok, a long story coming up. i have not been around this week due to grandkids and all the usual, but, have also been a bit stressed. we got a letter last week from our school district and they are building a high school behind & to the NE side of us and they want our land. well, i know that sounds good and all, but i am so sad. we have been here for 27 yrs. this coming dec. and , i love my home, my house , the land, all of it. my son grew up here, and i wanted my g/kids to grow up here. sorry i'm whining. it was just a shock. so, anyway, long story shorter, appraiser is coming tuesday and i guess we are gonna sell our place. the good thing is that we still get to live here for the next 3-4 yrs. rent free, so we have alot of time to find something or decide if we want to build at our family farm. it is just so far from the g/kids. well, 3 hrs, but still a long way , i think.
so, i've had alot of stuff the last 2 weeks and just havent' been on the computer very much. so, aren't ya'll glad i am here now and rambling on? :)
and, i did just call my dr. so will wait for his call.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.